[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These games are incredibly overrated. They don't even feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

File: 2017-03-04-14-32-51--368669649.jpg (20KB, 335x150px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-04-14-32-51--368669649.jpg
20KB, 335x150px
These games are incredibly overrated. They don't even feel like professionally made poke games. Too many pokemon are crammed into small areas.. Which totally kills any sense of discovery you may feel when roaming about..Npcs seem like they're just crammed wherever they could fit.. Same goes for items. Almost every fucking npc you run into has something to give you. The world just feels so unnatural and video gamey.. Not to mention that cities are ugly as sin.

The only redeeming thing about these games is that there's a lot of content. Unfortunately the world is so ugly and overstuffed that the extra content just comes across as tedious. These games feel like fan made roms, actually. Easily the low point of the series.
>>
File: 936.jpg (27KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
936.jpg
27KB, 625x626px
>>31976500
>Unfortunately the world is so ugly and overstuffed that the extra content just comes across as tedious.
>having TOO MANY things to do as a game complaint
>>
File: 1488633310011.jpg (7KB, 157x146px) Image search: [Google]
1488633310011.jpg
7KB, 157x146px
>>31976500
>These games are incredibly overrated
but anon that would imply people here even like it
>>
>>31976534
Are you kidding? Have you heard of pacing? There's also a way to distribute tasks in a tasteful way. They clearly didn't give a shit when making this crap. They just pointed and clicked like a bunch of fucking amateurs. They had no regard for the integrity of the region.

I'd like to add.. I don't fanboy any specific gen. I went into this really wanting to like it... It just feels like such a hack job when compared to HG\SS and Pt.
>>
File: 1350717618793.jpg (45KB, 407x407px) Image search: [Google]
1350717618793.jpg
45KB, 407x407px
>>31976500
here's your reply
>>
>>31976500
>Too many pokemon are crammed into small areas.. Which totally kills any sense of discovery you may feel when roaming about..

I thought we were talking about BW2, not X and Y.

>Easily the low point of the series.

Nice bait, by the way. Have a (You).
>>
>>31976500

K.
>>
>>31976500
>she fell for the "best pokemon games ever made" meme
>>
File: 1481151525637.jpg (51KB, 310x288px) Image search: [Google]
1481151525637.jpg
51KB, 310x288px
>>31976500
>Too many pokemon are crammed into small areas.. Which totally kills any sense of discovery you may feel when roaming about..
>Not to mention that cities are ugly as sin.
>extra content just comes across as tedious.
Wow, this is some good bait!
>>
>>31976500
This guy gets it. For a game that's extremely linear, they sure as hell found a way to make all the """extra content""" tedious and pointless. absolutely none of it serves any purpose. c-gear, entra link, battle t̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ subway, join avenue, pokestar studios, medals, all useless.

the generation with the most pokemon was ironically the most over saturated with bullshit. this adhd mindset is the audience that gamefreak panders to and this shit needs to stop. not everyone gets bored with the game if they don't throw a new """feature""" in every two seconds.

pokemon games need to slow the fuck down. bigger world + slower gameplay. that's how you'll get an adventure worth your time. not with hand-holding and obnoxious distractions.
>>
File: IMG_0524.jpg (61KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0524.jpg
61KB, 256x256px
>>31976620
>optional features and side-quests are bad
>>
>>31976620

All of the extra content in every Pokemon game is "pointless" you idiot. At least its extra content is good, unlike Gen 6' and 7's extra content.
>>
>>31976620
>Join avenue
>Useless
Okay Retarded ShillM, We get it, Now back to the Autism Plaza
>>
>>31976500
The problem is that it was the exact same game as bw1 packaged and sold as something new when it was not
If it didn't have a copypasted overworld and the exact same story as bw1 and hadn't locked PvP behind a paywall maybe it would have been an OK game
>>
u r missing the point of bw2
its supposed to be filled with shit, they were a sendoff to the original ds. they made the games they wanted to make with black and white, then decided to go crazy with the sequels. if this were another company's games this probably wouldve all been dlc
>>
>>31976620
You're entitled to your opinion, but it's a shitty, nonsensical opinion.

Also, you only need one set of quotation marks. Using more is "tedious and pointless" and does not "serve any purpose."
>>
>>31976768

BW2 are essentially third versions. I don't see the issue.
>>
File: download-3.jpg (8KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
download-3.jpg
8KB, 190x265px
>>31976500
>>31976620

>Complaing about optional content
>>
>>31976795
other third versions did not pretend to be brand-new games
nor did they force you to buy a 3ds in order to play competively with any degree of success
>>
>>31976822
Yeah, and it was such bullshit that Nintendo sent armed agents to your house to force you to buy them at gunpoint. I mean, it really should be your choice as to whether to buy a game or not, but Nintendo took that option away when they threatened to massacre our families if we didn't buy BW2.

...wait, that wasn't just me, right?
>>
OP you're stupid. I hope you're happy with gen 6 and SM, faggot.
>>
>>31976841
you need a 3ds to get Dream Radar
you need Dream Radar to get Lando-T
and you need Lando-T in order to actually play competively

not hard to understand
>>
>>31976865
I was actually referring to "other third versions did not pretend to be brand-new games."

Sarcasm aside, nobody forced you to buy the damn games. If you didn't think they were "enough" of full-fledged sequels to warrant a purchase, then just don't fucking buy them. They weren't "pretending" to be anything.
>>
>>31976768
>The problem is that it was the exact same game as bw1 packaged and sold as something new when it was not

You mean like every 3rd version of Pokemon to exists?
>>
>>31976500
>They don't even feel like professionally made poke games.
bait
>>
>>31976889
Literally a good 80% of posts whining about B/W2 are bait.
>>
>>31976865

Or you can do that magical thing that's been in the franchise for 21 years now; Trading
>>
>>31976500
>Too many pokemon are crammed into small areas.

it's better than the same 3 pokemon in all the areas
>>
>>31976500
I do agree they're overrated, but you're being ridiculous.

My main complaint with BW2 was the characters and pacing. I'm a characterfag. I had more fun playing through BW than I did with BW2. Cheren, Bianca and Alder were much more interesting and fun characters than Hugh and Colress. I also liked that the Gym Leaders had more screentime in BW. BW had the shittiest story in Pokemon, full of holes everywhere, but I cared about the character enough and it was presented and paced in a way that I enjoyed it.

That's my reasoning for thinking it's overrated. Your reasons, though, are bullshit. Too many Pokemon? Too many NPCs? Give examples when these happen and why do you think there were "too many" of them. Ugly cities? Explain what made them ugly to you. Just saying they're ugly isn't a complaint, it's bitching.
>>
>>31976841
>Nintendo
>>
File: image.jpg (154KB, 460x1051px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 460x1051px
>arguing over gens
You all realise you're the lowest of the users on this containment board? And we're all pretty low, you fags.
>>
>>31976895
Which still requires someone to buy a 3DS
Stop apologizing for this Jewry
>>
>>31976575
>Have you heard of pacing?
Have you?
Optional content doesn't affect pacing at all because of one key word, "optional" meaning you can ignore it whenever the fuck you like and progress through the main game without taking notice of it.
If you want an example of bad pacing look at games like Platinum or Sun and Moon the former because it was literally slow as all sin (though that is a problem with the gen as a whole) and because the constant backtracking and the effects like the snow makes the player feel as if they're making no progress whatsoever in the game. Oh and it has fairly poor scaling when it comes to level and enemy scaling. As for Sun and Moon, the constant and grating cutscenes and character dialogue in the game which feature "dramatic" zoom ins are horrendous and once again serve only to slow down the game and make it a war of attrition between enjoy ability and utter boredom I mean you want to progress and see the region but you're stopped at every fucking turn, not to mention how the game railroads you in that it locks off later areas with numerous nonsensical barricades like the Stoutland guy and just about every trial blockade placed on what seem to be major roads just shows how lazily done the game was both in terms of pacing and regional design.

Both games just arbitrarily slap features in random places in the region. Take the Battle Royal arena for example that's something that would belong somewhere with a bit more civilization but it's on the second least developed island next to Poni in the middle of nowhere.
Platinum just has the poor design of the Sinnoh region in general.

>I don't fanboy any specific gen.
>It just feels like such a hack job when compared to HG\SS and Pt.
>Literally the games the adhere to every fault you listed including poor level scaling

TL;DR Optional content doesn't affect pacing.
>>
>>31977460

WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO BUY A LINK CABLE TO GET A VULPIX

WTF, BUYING A GAMECUBE FOR A LUGIA AND HO-OH?!?!?

OMG I HAVE TO BUY A FUCKING WII TO GET A MEW

newsflash, this has been around since the beginning, and it's never going to stop. Complaining 21 years into the future wont do anything.
>>
>>31976620
>c-gear
Wireless communication at anywhere on the map and access to the all important pass powers which were a precursor to O-Powers which should tell you how useful they were.
>entra link
Only way to earn Pass Orbs and gain new Pass Powers. See above for why this is useful to the player. Also access to hidden ability Pokemon found in the dreamworld.
>battle t̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ subway,
Additional Content
>join avenue
Basically the Festival Plaza done right and does everything from quick levelling, EV training and hatching to buying items in bulk.
>pokestar studios
Additional content and unlike the Subway it has a more puzzle style progression to it in that a player has to figure out the strategy for the right endings.
>medals,
Achievements, so yeah, useless.

>all useless.
Identifying one out of six useless isn't bad for a first time baiter but try harder next time.
>>
>>31977709
Don't forget anon, you still needed the second system when it comes to the Gameboys.
And the GCN link cable.
>>
>>31977053
Yeah no that's still pokefetishists.
>>
>>31977750
Yeah but wrong. They can still agree on something unlike you dipshits.
>>
tapus go away
>>
Spot in OP. Good job.
>>
I agree. I will never understand why people hold them in such high regard other than muh PWT.
>>
>>31978606
>>31978736
>samefagging
>>
>>31976500
BW is the worst selling game of all time.
>>
bad opinion but ok
>>
File: Friendly_Reminder.png (7KB, 494x154px) Image search: [Google]
Friendly_Reminder.png
7KB, 494x154px
>>31978783
>>
>>31976500
>These games are incredibly overrated.
Only on this board, because most of this board grew up with the DS Pokemon games as their first games. You'll notice they also claim DPPt and HGSS are amazing despite being objectively the worst games in the franchise.
>>
>>31978816
>best games sold like shit

Still mad

I shouldn't complain because I pirated those two and bought XY though
kill me
>>
>>31978816
Please anon, everybody knows BW2 is the reason GF went bankrupt and pokemon ceased to exist. There isn't even pokemon r34 anymore because of how bad the sales were.
>>
>>31978865
>>31978879
I love to see Hoennbabbies in denial.
>>
>>31978898
>Hoennbaby

Emerald was a great game, RS and ORAS were fucking atrocious though. Does that make me a Hoennbaby? Even if HGSS is my favorite game?

check my dubs
>>
>>31976500
I want to say it's good but the lack of online breaks it.

>No berries

>No dreamworld pokemon with their special abilities

>C-Gear is now the most useless poke gadget ever and a waste of touchscreen space

>No more online PWTs

>No Join Avenue
>>
>>31978918
Join Avenue allows you to buy berries
Hidden Grottoes allow you to obtain quite a few HA pokemon
C-gear still allows access to pass powers and wireless communication from anywhere on the map. In Black and White 2 you can use it to access the entralink and play Funfest missions.
The first legitimate loss although only a few were released outside of Japan And personally some of those download tourney's literally cheated take fantina for example.
And Join Avenue gives you 10 NPC trainers a day so while it'll take longer it's still completely usable. Some of them may also be Gym Leaders and such that boost the level quickly.
>>
>>31976500
I agree. They are still the only games in the series I haven't beaten because the maingame is just boring and feels like a chore. It was clearly a filler game to fill time til X/Y were released.
>>
>>31976816
yeah the pokestar studio was so optional, right?
>>
>>31979750

Technically the tutorial for it was and you were also forced to save to complete it.
>>
>>31977713
Not even that, the movie theatre literally exists to introduce kids to the more complex mechanics of pokemon in a fun way
>>
>>31979750
Yes, yes it is.
>>
>>31980101
you had to go there and use it as part of the story IIRC
>>
>>31976500
Fuck off you Shit poster.

Go play sun and moons unfinished unplayable garbage
>>
>>31976500
your gay
>>
>>31976620
>>31976500
Holy shit. Both of you, please fucking kill yourselves. People like you are the reason why SM is devoid of content compared to older games.
>>
>>31976575
>cramming in content
This is going to be a greater problem as the series goes onwards and tries to support every thing introduced in previous generations.

There just isn't a natural way to cram in, e.g. all of the Mega Stones, Primal Orbs, roaming legendaries, signature hold items, Deoxys meteors, Rotom machinery, Meloetta tutors, Genesect Drives... etc. etc. etc. without making it feel unnatural.

We are well past G1/G2 and GF isn't big on nuance so, yeah, going onwards, the franchise is going to feel less "natural" in terms of the flavour text and supplementary activities.
>>
>>31980113
Yes and that's for the tutorial.
>>
>>31980152
Then make the mega stones and Z moves prizes and everything else NPC related. Simple not everything needs a story behind it anon.
>>
>>31979997
And you can get cool shit from it that is useful or sells well, so it's less pointless than the Musical.
>>
>>31980172
Not everything needs a story, but eventually it feels too formulaic and weird. You also need to cram in location based evolution spots, eventually introduce another set of ruins you can catch the entire Unown alphabet at, etc. and the whole thing *will* start to feel region-by-numbers that has to check off all the boxes.

Only other possibility is to drop consistent support for things in the way we've grown used to.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.