[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm German and Switch sounds like a cool name to me as it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: nintendoswitch-hardware0_vha5.jpg (409KB, 1920x1085px) Image search: [Google]
nintendoswitch-hardware0_vha5.jpg
409KB, 1920x1085px
I'm German and Switch sounds like a cool name to me as it's English and fancy.

But isn't it strange for native speaker fags when the gaming console's name is the same as the thing to turn on or of the lights in your room?
>>
>>31966439
I'm a native English speaker and it doesn't bother me at all. The English language is full of homophones a
>>
Naming tech products after a random word is a common enough thing that everyone's used to it.

Now the Wii. That was silly sounding.
>>
It's actually a pretty good name. And compared to Wii U or New 3DS it's genius.
>>
>>31966439
First, shouldn't this be on /v/? There aren't any Pokemon games on the Switch yet.

Second, the Switch as a name has meaning. It's because of how the console can "switch" between different configurations.
>>
>>31966510
I'm just familiar with /vp/ so I posted it here.

Thanks for your insights. Any further?
>>
>>31966535
Not him, but 'switch' can have several meanings.

You can switch it on.

You can switch from handheld to console mode.

You can also switch from Xbox/Playstation to Nintendo.
>>
>>31966439
well it also sounds cooler in Japanese, where it was made, than English
NEW Nintendo 3ds also sounds less retarded in Japanese
>>
The called it like that cause they know that you will switch back to PS4
>>
>>31966492
They came up with Wii U when one of the nintendo employees got hit by a car and the ambulance went Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.