[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>enjoy playing offense >try playing UU >every team has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0041.jpg (77KB, 662x958px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0041.jpg
77KB, 662x958px
>enjoy playing offense
>try playing UU
>every team has either unaware quagsire or clefable
>every team is packing an obscenely bulky water type like suicune or slowbro
>every other team has gliscor
>uu banlist is just all the viable wall breakers that were in UU
>uu banlist features the only viable offensive grass and electric types that were in UU bar raikou
>literally bulky waters, clefable, and gliscor: the tier

why is the UU council determined to make the worst metagame they can manage? why ban so many powerful offensive threats while leaving the defensive threats that they checked in?
>>
>>31961949
I find it hilarious that despite UU being gen VI OU Staraptor still gets banished to BL.
>>
>>31961969
It doesn't surprise me too much, Talonflame was King of OU after all, but Staraptor is bulkier and does more damage than Bravest Bird. And now that Gale Wings is nerfed, it has a better ability than it too.
>>
>>31961949
>enjoy playing offense
>try playing UU
Your fault for being ignorant
>>
>>31961949

UU has always been more defensive than OU.

OU actually has a good balance of offensive and defensive teams, while UU is too skewed towards defense, and the lower tiers (RU, NU, and PU) are too skewed towards offense (hazards dominate due to the higher tiers hogging all of the good hazard removers).
>>
>>31962002

it's pretty ridiculous desu. i can't seem to put together a team that can break through all the bulky shit, and considering every team seems to be balance or stall, it pretty much makes offense not viable.

it's frustrating because there's not a single grass or electric type, except for raikou, to fit into an offense team to help break through the sea of bulky waters, but the UU banlist has shit like breloom, serpentine, big thundurus forms, victini, volcarona, and charizardite y, all of which can help break through bulky waters. it's like they want every match to be a 50 turn switching fest
>>
>tfw staraptor just got rebanned again
>>
>>31962074

First of all, there's nothing wrong with long matches or defensive metas.

Secondly, three of the top four Pokemon in the metagame are offensive, as well as most of the other dominant Pokemon being offensive as well.

Thirdly, you have Pokemon such as Celebi, Shaymin, Whimsicott, Ampharos, Toxicroak, Roserade, Rotom-C, Abomasnow, SubRoost Kyurem, Heliolisk and Dragalge which are all viable offensive Pokemon that take advantage of bulky waters.

Fourthly, get good you seething casual.
>>
>ban shitty Staraptor
>but not Keldeo
>>
>>31962383
keldeo is moving back to OU soon so who gives a fuck
>>
File: Primarina_41aae6_6123104.jpg (100KB, 900x874px) Image search: [Google]
Primarina_41aae6_6123104.jpg
100KB, 900x874px
>>31962383
Did someone say Keldeo?
>>
>people unironically play competitive
>>
>>31962456
>he takes pride in only playing a single player RPG made for literal children
>>
>>31962456
What else is here to do?
>>
>>31962510
Live your life.
>>
>>31962522
By visiting image boards for a games I don't play?
>>
>>31962522

In order to live your life, you have to have one in the first place, which most people on this board don't.
>>
>>31962346

>shaymin, whimsicott, ampharos, rotom-c, abomasnow, kyurem, dragalge

all of these are sorely lacking in offensive presense to fit onto an offense team. all you did was show that you don't understand how to play offense because you'll throw something like ampharos in, get walled or outspend, and lose all momentum, the maintenance of which is the strategy behind offense. i concede that celebi, toxicroak, roserade, and heliolisk could be viable on offense, but each of them struggles breaking through the defensive pokémon that dominate the tier. it's not that offense is unusable in UU, its that the defensive mons and balance and defensive teams are just better than their offensive counterparts by a significant margin. it's not fun trying to make offense work and peaking at 1400 because defensive teams are simply better because most good offensive mons are banned.

also of note, the three s ranked mons in UU are scizor, bisharp, and clefable. it's not a coincidence that two of the three top ranked mons are checks to the other, since clefable has very few offensive checks that aren't just walled by other mons. in fact, both scizor and bisharp struggle to break past the likes of gliscor, suicune, and quagsire.

and it's just unusual to me that most viable offensive pokémon are banned, but the only defensive threat banned is mega slowbro. why make offense difficult and unviable?
>>
>>31962522
>implying having a hobby you enjoy isn't part of "living your life"
>>
File: 1431496479368.gif (177KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
1431496479368.gif
177KB, 500x419px
>Mewnium Z
>>
My name is Talonflame, Bravest of Birds. Look on my priority, ye Mighty, and despair!

No use in OU remains.
>>
>>31962074
Gliscor can be an absolutely dank wall/stallbreaker though. Swords dance/Facade/EQ and your choice of sub or roost. Toxic orb. No stall can actually safely handle this, but offence can.
>>
>>31962456
>he doesn't ironically unironically play competitive for the memes
>>
>>31963095

i'll give it a try. i hadn't really thought about using it since i was using zygarde-10%, but i really need a stall breaker
>>
>>31962978

>Tapu Lele Lite

That's why
>>
Clefable is fucking fat and annoying as hell. LO Adaptability Sludge Wave from Dragalge can OHKO the standard max phys def set.
>>
>>31961949
>Staraptor still in limbo
STOP THIS
STOOOOOOP
>>
File: 1487947860652.jpg (542KB, 1937x1750px) Image search: [Google]
1487947860652.jpg
542KB, 1937x1750px
>>31962424
Did anyone say wall?
>>
>>31963624
>252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 192+ SpD Clefable: 204-241 (51.7 - 61.1%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers
>252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 354-417 (89.8 - 105.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
Nice walls fagets
>>
>>31963556
>actually liking My Chemical Raptor

For your sake I hope you grew up with gen 4 as your first games.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.