[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Beldum family objectmons? I can't tell what they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 375.png (24KB, 431x305px) Image search: [Google]
375.png
24KB, 431x305px
Is the Beldum family objectmons?
I can't tell what they took inspiration from other than maybe crabs and the magnemite line.
>>
They are weirdmons
>>
>>31961076
Not objectmons.
That doesn't mean they are natural though.
>>
They're based on objects and object-like properties (including some animal properties too,) but aren't just an object with a cutesy face.

Depends on your definition of objectmon.
>>
>>31961076
Robotic/Golem pokemon? I lump these things with

>regi trio
>Golurk line
>Magneton line
>Claydol line
>>
>>31961149
stuff that are blatant objects, like klink, bronzong and magnemite
>>
>>31961169
What blatant object are magnemite? They're more than just magnets.

Either way, by your definition, they aren't objectmon.
>>
>>31961203
u magnets and screws aren't blatant?
>>
>>31961330
Together with an eye they make up something new
>>
>>31961203
This.
It always bothers me when people try to sideline Magnemite with mons like Vanilluxe. Magnemite has magnets, but it isn't just a magnet with a face slapped on it.
>>
>>31961076

>Beldum
>Japanese name is Dumbber
>Dumbbell

Beldum is a dumbbell robot, Metang and Metagross are just robots.
>>
>>31961356
my point is that even at base form I can't tell what beldum is other than an arm
>>
>>31961367
Your right the just slapped an eye on it instead

>magnemite---a bunch of magnets
>magneton---even more magnets
>magnezone---literally a spaceship

Nastalgia doesn't make it not objects
>>
it's a goddamn quadruped tank with a chrome mustache

it's next to the Porygon line as far as "artificial pokeymans" go
>>
>>31961436
I don't recall the line ever being stated as artificial
>>
>>31961426
Magnemite is a metal ball with two horseshoe magnets for arms and three screws.
It's more like a robot than just a bunch of magnets.
>>
>>31961512
I feel like the issue is that magnemite is unmistakably magnets and screws attached to a metal ball and that's enough for it to be called an objectmon
>>
>>31961512
That's true.
>>
>>31961374
Both Sapphire and Sun's dex say that the Metagross hunts prey, meaning its an animal not a robot
>>
>>31961512
I much prefer the term artificial for it seeing as it looks composed of objects instead of representing a single one.
>>
>>31961590
every pokemon will eat poffins and poke beans
>>
>>31961590
It's a robot, just a robot that needs to consume flesh and blood.

In fact I think almost every objectmon/artificial Pokémon eats poke beans/puffs, if not all of them. Pokémon are weird.
>>
>>31961613
Metagross probably eats Nosepasses or something.
>>
>>31961612
shedinja won't eat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yh8py22kYQ
5 minutes in
>>
>>31961694
metagross eats faries
>>
>>31961694

According to the Moon Pokedex, that's exactly right, at least for Metang.

>It adores magnetic minerals, so it pursues Nosepass at speeds exceeding 60 mph.
>>
>>31961076
Beldum is a security camera. Stick its foot on a wall and you'll see.
>>
>>31961426
The problem isn't just being based on an object. Is it being way too straight-forward (slapping an eye on an object and calling it a Pokémon), and, more importantly, the design being outright ugly.

That's why I like Magnemite line (they are more like a tiny robot than just the object themselves, as it's been said. Also, the design is cool), dislike the Vanilite line (pretty much ice cream with eyes, and ugly as fuck), and hate Klefki (literal keys, not even cartoonish keys).

And no, I'm not a genwunner at all.
>>
>>31962763
Still me.

Magneton, on the other hand, deserves the criticism for being a lazy evolution. It was barely acceptable back then just because it was a new concept (Pokémons in general were all new). But as far as gen 5 it shouldn't be acceptable anymore, so Klink's evolutions are annoying as fuck. Plus, they're literally Gears with eyes.
>>
>>31961076
"objectmon" is only a design flaw when theyre supposed to be naturally mimicking something that doesnt occur in nature, ie fucking ice cream
if its a ghost possessing an inanimate object, ie rotom, or an organic creature holding or utilizing man-made objects, ie magnemite, thats not a design flaw, youre just whinig about it not being animal-derivative abstract enough for your person tastes which isnt a valid criticism
and while the metagross family is kinda weird looking theyre not really designed to look like anything in particular, wheres the "object"
>>
>>31963001
when did the op post imply they were bad designs?
>>
File: magnemite.png (73KB, 300x218px) Image search: [Google]
magnemite.png
73KB, 300x218px
>>31963001
>an organic creature
>ie magnemite
>>
They're fucking savage. Their dex entries make me want to UTurn the fuck away from them.
>>
>>31961928
Shit nature u scary
>>
>>31962763
> Keys fused with a keychain and a lock, plus a fleshy body is somehow worse than Magnemite
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.