[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this guy right, /vp/? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-2 xhVE2G3k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: saltymon.png (423KB, 823x439px) Image search: [Google]
saltymon.png
423KB, 823x439px
Is this guy right, /vp/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-2xhVE2G3k
>>
>>31960483
He is not really saying a whole lot. Just that he got burnt out because he felt the game was predicable.
Honestly I'm pretty sure the problem is rather that the game is so bloated with dialogue. If I had lost two hours of gameplay I wouldn't really feel like picking the game up for a while either.

If you have a franchise as formulaic as pokémon you need to give the player more freedom so it doesn't become stale, which is the opposite direction of where GF has been going.
>>
>>31960483
wait didn't gen 5 have the double battle grass
>>
>>31960483
>it's all the same, the same battles
>THEY CHANGED THE BATTLES IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE FUCK THIS GAME
Make up your fucking mind.
>>
>>31960483
He makes a few valid points, but he comes off as a massive genwunner.

In battle QTEs would ruin the series.
>>
>>31960798
In battle QTE for solo only could be cool.
>>
>>31960637
For an RPG there wasn't really that much dialogue at all. It's because it's Pokemon, which usually has way, way less dialogue than most RPGs.
>>
>>31960839
The thing is that in most good JRPGs the dialogue is actually intriguing.
In pokémon you already know how it will play out to a large degree.
>>
I felt his food analogy perfectly fit how gamefreak works
>>
>>31961070
Eh, I think a lot of the (mandatory dialogue) added to the story, discounting the forced minor prompts of "this way" and "c'mon." Dialogue certainly isn't a bad thing in stories with major human characters that interact a lot.

I suppose that the expected trajectory of a Pokemon storyline goes along the lines of "kid defeats evil people and then the E4" but I feel that SM had at least a little deviation and tried to flesh out the story more than the fairly barebones Pokemon plots of the past.
>>
>>31960483
tldw?
>>
>>31961736
He says he's bored of turn based Pokemon battles and want something like the Tales series. Or make every battle is Pokken style. While still getting multiple games every year.
Or at the very least, allow Pokemon to move in the battlefield and add a bunch of extra bullshit. Basically, give him a Mystery Dungeon with QTE in every battle that decide if you can dodge or hit the opponent.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.