[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watch people play Pokemon competitively >everyone is using

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_inline_ngce61FJrF1rp0b1t.png (92KB, 179x217px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ngce61FJrF1rp0b1t.png
92KB, 179x217px
>watch people play Pokemon competitively
>everyone is using the same fucking mons
>especially Porygon 2, Garchomp and Arcanine
Honestly, that's the point of having 800 mons if people only ever use like eight of them?
>>
>>31959714
*what's the point
Forgive me, I cut my hand open today.
>>
>>31959714

there would be a point if gamefreak actually cared, or even knew how to balance their own game.

inb4hurrdurrnoteverypokemonhastobegud!

But that doesn't mean we should have shitters like Beautifly and Delibird, which are completely outclassed by other shitmons.
>>
It's unfortunate but you'll have to look at lower tier matches if you want variety.
>>
>>31959714
try watching Smogon instead of Battle Spot or VGC.
>>
>>31959714
It's a competition; people play to win, not to have fun. Most of the time anyway.

Besides, that's kinda what happened when only eight out of those 800 are viable.
>>
>>31959777
>people play to win, not to have fun.
you make it sound like it's the players fault when in reality you have to use certain mons/strategies to even be able to do anything
>>
>>31959714
Stop watching trash like VGC and get into Smogon Tiers, at least they provide more watchable matches.
>>
>>31959714
I don't really understand the meta.
If they're going to only use the same sets of Pokemon, and ban moves they don't like, then why don't they just create some generic turn-based fighting game?
>>
File: 4g1uewe.png (34KB, 200x275px) Image search: [Google]
4g1uewe.png
34KB, 200x275px
>>31959903
I did? My apology.

I meant to say that, as you pointed out, there are a limited number of combination of 'mon/strategies if one wants to move anywhere in competitive stage.
It's more like "it can't be helped" than "it's the player's fault".
>>
>>31959777
pokemon shouldn't be taken seriously that's the problem
>>
>>31959959
Game Freak themselves are trying to turn it into esports
>>
>>31959959
>IT'S JUST LE GAME ECKS DEE?!?
>>
>>31959959
Gamefreak seems to disagree
>>
>>31959959
>Pokemon shouldn't be taken seriously
then what the fuck have we all been doing for 21 years
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.