[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright you autistic fucks, let's settle this, are Ultra

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 1469927574859.png (110KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469927574859.png
110KB, 600x600px
Alright you autistic fucks, let's settle this, are Ultra Beasts legendaries or not?
>>
File: Christian Bale Check Em.jpg (15KB, 248x200px) Image search: [Google]
Christian Bale Check Em.jpg
15KB, 248x200px
Yes
>>
Yes and anyone that thinks otherwise is wrong but I still love and respect you
>>
They aren't because there are no legends or myths surrounding them.
>>
They're sublegendaries, just like Moltres, Entei, Regirock, etc.
>>
>>31948091
Forgot to add that the Cosmog line is an exception, they are both Ultra Beasts and legendaries.
>>
Yes.

And Type: Null and Silvally.
>>
The Pokemon doesn't classify them as such, so they are not.
Pokedex > Your Opinion
>>
>>31948128
It literally does you retard
>>
>>31948060
Yes
>>
Lorewise, nope. They're common Pokemon from another universe, but they're classifed as sub-legendaries in the game's code.
>>
>>31948060
Yes, they're >>31948097 as revealed by the datamine. I regard the actual game data as the highest authority under their creators on the matter.
>>
No, they're clearly ultra beasts
>>
>>31948244
Learn about gameplay and story segregation.
>>
>>31948128
t. Richard
>>
>>31948244
I don't ever remember seeing Type: Null or Silvally on the sublegendary list, were they there? I doubt it, but I'm just curious what the coding said about them
Side Note, WHAT THE FUCK IS FUCKING WRONG WITH GAME FREAK WHY WOULD YOU BOTHER CATEGORISING POKÉMON IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO HAVE FUCKING POKÉDEX ENTRIES FOR THEM IN THOSE GAMES YOU FUCKS
>>
How can they be legendaries when there are multiple of each of them? Moon literally makes you catch 4 pheromosas
>>
>>31948274
>gameplay and story segregation
guys, storywise, heatran is just a rare pokemon :^)
>>
>>31948274
I suggest you reread my post, as there was nothing to indicate that I did not know of such things.
I merely said that I regard the code as the highest authority on it with the exception of the game's creators (e.g. if Masuda outright said "they're not legends").
I simply hold the story as lower importance than the code, as inconsistency in legendary definitions and lore has made me lose faith in it.
>>
>>31948312
There are multiple legendaries you faggot
>>
>>31948305
They are indeed. Most legends that aren't box legends or mythicals are sublegends. Side note, Phione is also still considered mythical within the code of the game due to its event only status.
>>
>>31948312
You can catch a Reshiram in Black/White-2 and then another in Omega Ruby. There are canonically multiple of every Pokémon, even legendaries. Only explanation is alternate realities/dimensions, which explains why UBs are able to gather several of their number at once through dimension-breaking
>>
>>31948342
Oh wait your saying there's a bunch of mewtwos and a bunch of giratinas running around? Well jeepers I didn't know that.

Autism
>>
>>31948370
If it's in a different game it doesn't count.
>>
>>31948312
You get 2 of the box legend in SM
>inb4 alternate dimension
Still 2 of them, and Lunala/Solgaleo are able to travel between said dimensions.
>>
>>31948370
>Only explanation is alternate realities/dimensions
I consider "Legendary" Pokémon to just be powerful, not necessarily unique Pokémon which have had in-universe folklore attributed to them. A lot of their Pokédex entries back this up, since they often include disclaimers such as "According to legend..." and "In Sinnoh Mythology..."
>>
>>31948350
As far as I know it, the lists go like this, then
SUB-LEGEND
Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres
Raikou, Entei, Suicune
Regirock, Regice, Registeel
Latias, Latios
Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf
Heatran
Regigigas
Cresselia
Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion
Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus
Type: Null, Silvally
Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini
Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Kartana, Guzzlord

LEGENDARY
Mewtwo
Lugia, Ho-Oh
Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza
Dialga, Palkia, Giratina
Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem
Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde
Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma

MYTHICAL
Mew
Celebi
Jirachi, Deoxys (yes I know it's obtainable in-game but come on, guys. It's still Mythical)
Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus
Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect
Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion
Magearna, Marshadow

Did I miss any?
>>
>>31948392
Okay. Alright. Tell us, O Mighty Richard, what is The Canon Pokémon Game, then?
>>
>>31948460
Correct, although mythicals are lumped in the same pokedex class as legends IIRC. I would say that technically Deoxys is just "legendary" now, but it's the same thing as far as the game is concerned most of the time (GTS ribbon shenanigans aside).
>>
>>31948514
There's isn't a canon Pokemon game
>>
>>31948370
Weren't the legendaries in ORAS a result of Hoopa shenanigans?
>>
>>31948536
I just consider it a Mythical out of resentment for all the trouble that getting an Aurora Ticket was. I had to work to save up money and buy an Emerald cartridge with it when I was in middle school and I'll be damned if Deoxys gets relegated to a regular Legendary now
>>
>>31948639
Yeah. But it still doesn't explain why the protagonist of OR can catch THE Reshiram while the protag of Black/White 2 catches the same Reshiram
>>
>>31948644
I feel ya, I just mean that it has none of the GTS restrictions unless it has a ribbon. In games where it is mythical, you can't GTS it even without a ribbon, unless you hack and turn off the anti-trade flag.

I have a Plasma Deoxys I regard the same way you regard your Aurora one, I know how you feel.
>>
>>31948060
hahaha Who knows?
>>
>>31948187
this
>>
>>31948187
A lot of "legendaries" aren't really legendary lorewise either, especially stuff like Heatran or Manaphy.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.