[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Skarmory is a defensive mon and doesn't want to lose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 500px-227Skarmory.png (127KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
500px-227Skarmory.png
127KB, 500x500px
If Skarmory is a defensive mon and doesn't want to lose health, then why use Brave Bird over, say, Steel Wig?
>>
File: fuck it.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
fuck it.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>31945739
>steel wig
>>
>>31945739
Because Steel Wing is shit
>>
>>31945739
You mean drill peck?
>>
>>31945751
Skarmory's attack is shit anyway
>>
>>31945739
Because a 70 bp 90% accurate move coming off of Base 80 attack probably does less damage than Spike Rocks.
>>
>>31945739
Because brave bird is the only way you will actually hurt anything with that garbage attack stat.
>>
>>31945762
you're shit anyways
>>
>>31945739
because people don't into defensive attacks like snarl or struggle bug.
>>
>>31945812
>tripfagging for no reason
>>
>>31945751
What other options for a steel STAB does skarmory have?
>>
>>31945852

Iron Head.
>>
>>31945812
shouldn't you be in /padt/?
>>
>>31945837
>hateposting for no reason
>>
>>31945739

Simple: Flying is a better offensive type than Steel and Brave Bird is a much more powerful move than Steel Wing

Before Brave Bird existed, Skarmory ran Drill Peck.

Also, Iron Head > Steel Wing
>>
>>31945873
op asked about why put offensive moves on defensive mon, not why offense is better startegy than defense for it.

>>31945862
are you a furry or a pedo?
>>
>>31945915
kiss my fucking ass
>>
>>31945915
>op asked about why put offensive moves on defensive mon
1st. steel wing isn't a defensive move. It's an attack, so at best it can be considered a utility move due t its second effect, and even then it's an incredibly shitty utility move because it has bad accuracy and isn't a 100% proc unlike power-up-punch or flame charge

2nd. You don't want skarmory to be set-up bait, and if you get taunted sometimes taking a bit of damage through brave bird but dealing a lot to your opponent is better than having whatever comes in take a stealth rock or whatever your opponent might chose to do to the face.

3rd. Why are you using a trip?
>>
>>31945995
pedo apologist that forgot to turn it off
>>
>>31945739
the main reason is because you often use skarmory to counter fighting types
>>
>>31945995
1. mud slap is a defensive move even tough it deals damage. steel wing isn't as good at preventing damage as mudslap, but it defintly better that bravebird.

2. i don't want anything, i was marely pointing you o what op meant when he posted this thread since it seems you ware a bit confused. im not gonna argue if skarmory is defensive mon or offensive one, and what set would be best for it.

3. to get credit for my posts, for better or worse.
>>
>>31946112
>mud slap is a defensive move even tough it deals damage
no, it's a utility move. A defensive move is a status move. It's something like protect, toxic, thunder wave or stealth rock. By the name you can tell it's something meant to directly defend your team from something. Mud slap (on top of being gimmicky as shit) is supposed to be something that serves a small purpose, something that can help out your team in key situations. Unlike status, it disappears after switching and isn't reliable at all. And no, brave bird is still better.

>i don't want anything
it's a figure of speech anon, I'm not saying you want or don't want anything, just what's best. It's a way of putting you in the mindset of a comp player.

>to get credit for my posts, for better or worse.
why not go somewhere else where the website is based on that? like reddit? this site is mainly for anonymity and not taking credit unless the situation demands it (delivering leaks like lurantis, or organizing threads like Homer in the distribution threads).
>>
>>31946298
>sr is defensive move
no, sr is utility move. as is defog. and shell smash is a lot of things, but defensive it isn't.
forcing mon to switch out is defensive.
btw, if status moves are defensive, is smokescreen defensive?

>figure of speech
i was marely avoiding getting into this subject. i just stated op intention, im not here to defend them.

>go to reddit
problem with those sites, i need to sign up for them. i want to get credit formy posts, but i don't want anyone to link my online identity with my real one. and since social networking is all the rage in forum those days, im trying tomake sure i leave as little trace to the real me as possible.
there plenty of things we can take credit for, from small stuff like words of wisdom to bigger stff like making a great build for a pu mon.
>>
>>31946380
>i don't want anyone to link my online identity with my real one
then stop using a trip and stay anonymous
>>
>>31946435
im still anonymous. this name, i only use on 4chan.
>>
>>31946380
I didn't say all status moves are defensive, but all defensive moves are status. Dragon dance, swords dance, all set up moves are utility, but no defensive move is not status. You're kind of right about the SR thing though, I saw it more as a tool to defend your team against stall, but by my own logic it isn't, so you're right in that regard.

the op asked why it's better to put an offensive move instead of a utility one like steel wing, I told you why, the figure of speech was merely there to make it easier to understand.

And you can always make a new fake online persona for those sites, and in the end it's far more rewarding given what you're looking for, if that's the satisfaction of taking credit for something you posted. Again, going to an anonymous image board and hoping to keep an identity is just asking for trouble, and annoying all others. It's as if somebody came into a room wearing a shirt with their name in neon letters on it. Regardless of what you have to say, most people will be annoyed by it and disregard your input because of it.

>>31946446
it isn't anonymous. Anonymity isn't something relative, it's absolute. by using a name you aren't anonymous anymore.
>>
>>31945852
Drill peck is the most likely alternative to brave bird
>>
>>31946459
I still don't understand why t wave is defensive while nuzzle isn't but you know what, im tired and its soon time to go to sleep for me. i do think you are mistaken, but its your problem not mine.

>making new fake online persona
mail accounts tnd to keep all kind of info o=about their users.
>relative
a fake persona is as good as anonymity as long as it keep my real persona hidden.
>>
>>31946501
>mail accounts tnd to keep all kind of info o=about their users.
make a new email account with fake info. It's not hard

>a fake persona is as good as anonymity as long as it keep my real persona hidden.
It isn't anonymity though, which is what we were arguing. You aren't anonymous and thus clash with the way people post in this site.
>>
>filter tripcode
>thread is now 10 posts long

stop responding, if you don't give them attention, they wither and die
>>
>>31946596
this, it's like none of you were in that thread filled with damage controlling pedophiles
>>
>>31945812
Why are you tripfagging????
>>
>>31945863
How about you stop thinking that you are some fucking special snowflake and be a normal anon like most anons on this board.
>>
since no one actually related to skarmory offensive options heres a history of skarm's moves throughout the ages.

Gen2 - Curse Drill Peck Whirlwind Rest, curse sometimes replaced by thief to take leftovers from something or even thick club from marowak if they're dumb enough to stay in.

Gen3 - Most commonly no attacking moves.
Resttalk spikes whirlwind and Protect toxicc spikes whirlwind are the most common sets. hp flying if you're really worried about heracross. hp steel if you really REALLY hate aerodactyl and don't trust your luck vs rock slide.

Gen4 - roost brave bird spikes whirlwind occasional taunt over brave bird. BB hits things well if they're neutral

gen5- stays the same. people also use custap skarm lead.

gen6- iron head used for diancie/fairies

use ur head dingus
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.