[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What aspect of the pokemon games do you like the most? 1. collecting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1325855282146.jpg (127KB, 680x632px) Image search: [Google]
1325855282146.jpg
127KB, 680x632px
What aspect of the pokemon games do you like the most?

1. collecting various creatures and having a filled pokedex and pc boxes
2. building bonds with my bros
3. thinking up startegies for online play
4. the pokegirls
5. immersing myself in the story of a nobody who rose up to be top card
6. exploring and finding secrets
7. the minigames
8. talking with other people about the game
9. ________

are there any other games with that attribute that you DIDN'T like?
Why not?[/spoler]
>>
>>31945239
Collecting and getting attached to pokemon. I actually prefer the story to be more like SM's though.
>>
File: 1355649152359.jpg (160KB, 1014x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1355649152359.jpg
160KB, 1014x1000px
>>
2 and 6
>>
Creating an interesting and synergistic team composition.

Pokemon is a lot like deck building. Other games fail when they lack an intricate enough system to allow for odd ibteractions or enough variety to work around specifc themes.
>>
>>31945239
Collecting, building bonds, the story, exploring, and the minigames.
For me, pokemon is just a timesink. It is where I can let loose all my autistic ambitions of completionism and getting to be the very best, all in a single game that's pretty much infinitely replayable in countless different ways. I enjoy a cute story, and I love cute, magical critters. Online connectivity and letting my autism loose on competitions only adds to the longetivity of this game (even if I'm shit at it, I love my critters).

Other media that have catered to some of these things include:
Mystery Dungeon. Sure, it's the same franchise, but it's quite different. It has a great story that has brought me to tears numerous times, which revolves around building bonds with your partner, while exploring a lot. The whole collection aspect isn't really there for me, as you're never pushed to do it, with only a "yay you did it" on the records screen, and it's extremely tedious and fucked up. Replayability just isn't there either when you've finished the game. The gameplay is always the same, and besides picking a different starter, there isn't much change between playthroughs. I have spent a lot of time and have almost completed the entire PSMD post-game (I can count the mons I lack with my hands), however.
Cave Story. It has a great story, and while the game is really small, getting to see all secrets and 100%ing the game is really worth it, with the bits and nibbles that are dropped about the lore that only manage to make it even better. After you've played through it a few times with most of the different weapon combinations and with Curly, and collected all the optional items you can collect, there isn't much to do besides listening to the great music and speedrunning.

[1/2]
>>
>>31947566
Animal Crossing. Cute critters, check. Infinite replayability, check. Collecting, check. Building bonds, check. Minigames, check. The problem for me with it is that it feels like the ancestor of mobileshit games. It pretty much forces me to come back regularly or at specific days to check out my town, and I often don't feel like it. If I neglect it, it makes me feel like shit which makes me want to come back even less. There is also no story involved, nothing interesting to explore, just collecting shit, and decorate shit I guess, but I'm too autistic to do anything but hoarding everything in my house, as "polluting" the town with my stuff feels wrong.
I could name a bunch more, like Paper Mario Sticker Star, FEZ, Mario Galaxy, or any game where you can collect, really. The problem with all of those is that they either don't include magical critters, don't really have anything else to do besides collecting after the "main" story, the story is non-existing, or don't really have much exploration where you can find hidden shit you might've missed.

[2/2]
>>
>>31947566
ya Pokemon's a great game for channeling all your autism into
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.