[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok then, let's do it backwards, what makes BW/BW2 better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1472786095835.gif (76KB, 780x599px) Image search: [Google]
1472786095835.gif
76KB, 780x599px
Ok then, let's do it backwards, what makes BW/BW2 better than the other Pokemon games?
>>
They don't
>>
Nothing, because they aren't.
>MUH STORYEEEEEEEEEE
They're at least better than G E N E R A T I O N F O U R S A V I N G A L O T O F D A T A
>>
Holding back half a region and then having no content in it is pretty sweet.
>>
>>31944827
BW2 because it has so much content
BW because during the main game you don't see old pokémon
>>
File: iamge.jpg (115KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
iamge.jpg
115KB, 400x400px
>>31944827
For me it's harder than most games and the PWT is the best end-game content they ever made. It's you against all the leaders and champions you played through the years of pokémon, but now everyone is together. It's the closest you can go from all the games in 1. Can't get better nostalgia and fanservice than that.
>>
>>31944827
BW
>had a new region with no old Pokemon, made the first playthrough feel like you did playing R/B for the first time
>first game to have an actual story
>Unova looks great for the DS (compared to Sinnoh at least)
>menus and UI is perfect, everything is fast and doesn't waste a second of your time.

BW2
>amazing regional dex, tons of diverse options for your team
>did a good job at remaking Unova so it didn't just feel like BW1's Unova
>music is great
>Team Plasma actually feels threatening, compared to the other evil villain teams
>BW1 characters were all brought back and expanded on
>huge postgame, I don't need to elaborate on this since we all know it already
>PWT

that's what I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>31944870
>>31944944
I would like Black and White better haven't the 5 gen pokemon looked like shit and i'm not talking about Garbordor, Klinklang and Vanilluxe
>>
>>31944827
Black/White tried to do somewhat of a soft reboot, forcing you to only be able to get new pokemon, and only making old ones show up in post game.

I also liked the idea of the evil team fucking with the pokemon league, essentially forcing you to put the whole "Collect 8 badges and become the champion" thing on hold cause there's more important shit to do. In previous games the evil team doing shit was just kind of something you kept stumbling across while trying to achieve your become the champion goal and was more an obstacle you needed to get through to continue.

B2/W2 had the opportunity to be something akin to how GSC was almost a continuation of RBY, allowing it to build the world a little more and show how things may or may not have changed since you were last there.. On top of the fact that it had PWT, Black City/White Forest, unlocking all the stuff on the other side of Skyarrow Bridge, and to a lesser extent the sage encounters.
>>
File: 308 1705.jpg (39KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
308 1705.jpg
39KB, 250x250px
>>31945026
>all Gen. 5 Pokemon are shit meme
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.