[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never played HGSS. What makes it the "best" Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: hgss_wallpaper_by_gkenzo.jpg (117KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
hgss_wallpaper_by_gkenzo.jpg
117KB, 600x450px
I never played HGSS.

What makes it the "best" Pokemon games?
What does it make different when compared to the other remakes, FRLG and ORAS?
>>
>>31943629
>What does it make different when compared to the other remakes, FRLG and ORAS?
It's an actual improvement for one.
>>
>>31943639
in what way are RB/RS better than their remakes
>>
>>31943639
What does it do better, when compared to the originals?

Surely, it can't just be the walking Pokemon behind your player, right?
>>
>>31943629
>Keeps a lot of the main story
>Adds a little bit to the story but its good
>Following Pokemon
>Battle frontier
>A good amount of legendaries, events and post game
>Gym leader rematches
>Nice music
>GB sounds (I really liked it at least)
>Pokewalker
>>
>>31943629
Amount of content and Johto nostalgia.

Bw2 is still better though.
>>
>>31943660
>Anon wants to derail the thread and start a war
Why...
>>
it was the last game with good looking sprites
>>
>>31943629
its comfy as fuck
it has the perfect pokemon aesthetic

and the leveling is a bit fucked so the game is challenging. you get a "Post game" of revisiting kanto and cool as fuck battling red

everything is just fun
>>
>>31943677
You could do all that in the original games.
>>
>>31943629
FRORAS are games they made to sell to nostalgiafags.
HGSS were a love letter to nostalgiafags.
>>
>>31943679
>Its a remake
The only reason you should play it over the remakes are Battle Frontier, better graphics, improved music quality, more Pokemon and following.
>>
>>31943690
**over the originals
>>
>>31943679
yes and crystal was great, but i also said comfy as fuck and perfect pokemon aesthetic you contrarian faggot, both of which are entirely subjective so are you going to fight me?
>>
>>31943639
>It's an actual improvement for one.
By being nearly a 1:1 remake and having most if not all of the flaws Johto had?
>>
>>31943690
>Better music
The music is the worst
>>
File: 1464597468638.png (148KB, 976x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1464597468638.png
148KB, 976x1360px
>>31943690
>better graphics
[citation needed]
>>
>>31943690
So basically you should only play HGSS for following pokemon seeing as the rest of that shit you can do in plat.
Also Gen 4 looked fucking ugly as sin.
>>
>>31943690
You forgot the Physical/Special Split.
>>
>>31943702
Yeah pretty much

>>31943698
>Improved
In the sense of quality, if that makes any sense.

>>31943699
Should of said improved (Platinum Graphics).
>>
>>31943629
>What does it make different when compared to the other remakes, FRLG and ORAS?
GSC were already better than RGBY so HGSS had the advantage from the start. Then ORAS shit the bed by removing features from Emerald and just generally making stupid decisions in the vein of one of the worst Pokemon games for its time, XY.
>>
>>31943629
You get to visit a previous region, nearly in its entirety.
I dropped Pokemon during the third gen solely because it didn't let me travel to Johto or Kanto.
>>
>>31943699
I'll never get over how good GSC's art is, it's the best in the series without a doubt
>>
File: 4.png (35KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
35KB, 256x192px
>>31943629
It has the nicest grass in the series
>>
>>31943664
>start a war
How?
>>
>>31943629
As someone who's never played GSC, I liked it because if the reasons people like gen 2, you get to visit Kanto and battle 16 gyms. Also the Pokeathlon is one of the most fun minigames. Following Pokémon weren't that great, but it was nice atmospherically. One reason to like it over the originals is the physical special split as well as the sheer abundance of pokemon. Headbutting specific locations and the radio sounds were all really fun ways to find pokemon. Since it's also part of gen 4 it had really nice wifi events like seeing Steven and the Latis or the Celebi and spiky eared Pichu.
>>
HGSS pros over GSC
>New mons, attacks items and abilities.
>Physical/Special split.
>Gym Rematches.
>New music for the box legends.
>Tons of post game legendaries and events.
>Animated Trainer Sprites.
>Added some of Crystal story.
>New route and Safari Zone.
>Pokethlon.
>Platinum Battle Frontier and move tutors
>Some parts of Kanto were improved.
>Gimmicks like following Pokémon, taking pictures, GB sounds etc.
>Pokewalker.

HGSS cons over GSC
>Story is not showed but told, taking away a lot of the atmosphere of the region.
>Shitty FPS ratio compared to based GSC, making the game feel slower.
>Music is not as good as it could have been (Red/Lance and Trainer Battle for example).
>Pokémon Sprites are not animated like in Crystal.

Other stuff that might be pro or con (personal taste)
>HGSS graphics are more colorful while GSC are comfier.
>Following Pokémon might be interesting but becomes annoying later and the lack of options around this is the worst like you cant choose the Pokémon that follows you (It will always be the first un your team) or that you cant choose not to have one.
>>
The most content in a Pokémon game
>>
>>31943629
>What makes it the "best" Pokemon games?
This is a sign that you've been on reddit. ORAS, Sun/Moon, and D/P all have bigger followings. Hell, even /vp/ as a whole seems to like B2W2 more than HG/SS.
>>
>>31944275
Nice bite faggot
>>
>>31944285
>triggered Johtofag
HG/SS not only didn't fix the original G/S/C's ridiculous level spike, but made it worse, and that Johto as a region is relatively boring to begin with, and it's abundantly clear these games aren't that good.
>BUT THAT'S JUST YOUR OPINION!
What isn't just an opinion is the fact that ORAS, Sun/Moon and D/P all sold better than HG/SS, giving each of those games a larger pool of fans.
>>
File: 1488226292884.jpg (17KB, 542x540px) Image search: [Google]
1488226292884.jpg
17KB, 542x540px
>>31944275
>>31944327
>DP
You would have thrown your entire argument out the window if you weren't just shitposting.
>>
>>31943629
>What makes it the "best" Pokemon games?
Nostalgia.HGSS are extremely overrated,and don't fix Johto's flaws in level curve and pokémon distribution,while making it stupidly hard to get the items for evos that fixed some johto crapmons.
>>
I kind of hate HGSS by virtue of the fact that you can't navigate boxes with the shoulder buttons
>>
>>31944327
>Johtofag
>calls other people new
Okay, newfag.
>>
>>31944327
Just because a game sells better doesn't mean it's good. Are you saying D/P is better than Platinum? Or that R/S is better than Emerald?
>>
>>31943848
Because no one cares about BW/BW2 and it's not the focus of this thread.
>>
>No Kris

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>31944368
So you can prove that HG/SS with it's just under 13 millions copies sold is more liked than D/P with it's just under 18 million copies sold?
>>31944608
Where did I call someone new?
>>31944986
I'm saying that going by sales numbers, there are very likely more people that like D/P more than HG/SS, simply because D/P outsold them. Unless if it's a Sonic 06 vs Sonic Colors type of argument, arguing which game is best in the series is based on subjective opinions. Also, your comparison doesn't work since Emerald and Platinum are literally just repolished versions of R/S and D/P with more content.
>>
>>31943629
Nostalgia.
>>
They are pretty good and fixed a good deal. But nostalgia definitely accounts for a lot. Recently went back and played GSC and holy shit the level curve and structure are absolutely horrendous.

I'm gonna give the games their tight overall aesthetic but structure-wise the games are terrible. Gave me some perspective on the whole series desu.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.