[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How you all enjoying the hack? https://gbatemp.net/threads/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: 7qzO171.png (160KB, 700x364px) Image search: [Google]
7qzO171.png
160KB, 700x364px
How you all enjoying the hack?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-nova-sun-umbra-moon-fully-featured-challenging-sun-moon-romhacks.462295/
>>
I was going to complain that Nova and Umbra are two totally unrelated things (Umbra being a shadow; typically during an eclipse; and Nova being a star dying) but then I realized that in guild wars 2 my pets on my druid are named Umbra and Nova.
>>
File: .png (83KB, 487x648px) Image search: [Google]
.png
83KB, 487x648px
>just caught a rotom
What form should I use?
>>
It's shit
>>
Some really nasty trainers here and there making my life truly miserable.

If you turn on the exp share your levels explode, if you turn it off next route the enemy is 4/5 levels ahead.

Totem fights are a joke, even easier than vanilla games somehow.

Gotta say that it's not as good as star sapphire, but it's still nice. I did expect more, but I've just reached the battle dome (beated Lana's trial), so maybe it's going to get better, since this time around trainers have EVs.
>>
Encounter rates in caves seem incredibly high.

With that said, I am enjoying it. Fixes the issues of the base game which was my dislike for the majority of new Pokemon and how they evolve.
>>
>>31935833
I am playing like crazy, The third island has quite a difficulty spike.

Now i am starting to have a team that looks like something, around the 60s.
>>
File: mild case of balltism.webm (1MB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
mild case of balltism.webm
1MB, 600x720px
About to do Mallow's trial, overall I'm enjoying this hack so far.

Worst fights I've had:
-the Ace Trainer with full Baton Passing team. Tried to use Roar but Lycanroc got KO'd, and the fight ended up taking forever.
-I forget which trainer but there was a Shiinotic that I could not do anything to. Ended up winning because it struggled itself to death.
I guess really bad situations rarely come up in the base game, but I still wish you could take the loss and run from trainer battles.

>>31937963
I agree on Star Sapphire being better, felt a bit more thought out or something. Surprise double/horde/rotation battles were nice too.
>>
>>31938437
How do you make Webm of your team?
>>
>>31938467
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4z4sc3/guide_how_to_use_ntr_cfw_with_nitro_stream_to/

requires a hacked n3ds
>>
>>31938167
That was probably to compensate for most of the caves being short as fuck.

Resolution cave is a joke.
>>
File: 20170301_000905.jpg (258KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170301_000905.jpg
258KB, 1280x720px
>>31938437
Oh man I do remember that shiiontic.
And the snorlax just after it.
Why the fuck does strenght sipper HEAL FOR MORE THAN HALF HEALTH?

Also I notived you have firium Z and your strongest mon is level 44, this is my team and I still have to climb the volcano. Am I overlevelled as hell?

Also I take suggestions on who I should take as sixth member.
>>
>>31938437
>Female Modest Primarina

Amazing luck, amazing patience at resetting or amazing injecting?
>>
>>31938751
Not him, but my primarina was modest too(male).
>>
>>31938611
I don't think you're that overleveled, I was doing some breeding for egg moves/IVs so some of them are a little weaker than the originals would've been.

>>31938751
A and B, was just looking for a modest one and got lucky.
>>
>Gets a decent team with good/decent natures in the beginning of the game
>Sees the johto ball shop
>Balltism kicks in
>Replaces 4 out of 6 Pokemon from the team

Spent almost three hours in the first island because of this

Also fuck that Recycle Figy Berry Munchlax, it took like 20 turns to kill him
>>
Quick question: will this run on different save data to my current game or do i need to do something with my cartridge 'mons to save them
>>
>>31935833
Is so good. I'm playing nova. First trial completed. Just heading to route 3
>>
>>31939930
You did it to yourself, anon. That shop is in the TRAILER for the game.
>>
>>31938611
Strength Sap heals for the current total Attack stat of its target, after modifiers have been applied.
>>
>>31938437
You won't say Star Sapphire is better once you get to the late game. Star Sapphire's difficulty fell apart due to enemy trainers having no EVs and started spamming 600+BST legendaries
>>
>>31935833

I've followed the instructions for SaltySD installation and it doesn't fucking work, maybe I'm just retarded but I guess I won't be playing this one.
>>
>>31943126
Literally drag and drop the luma and saltysd folders to the root of your SD
>>
I will try it for sure, but i dropped Star Sapphire because it was too difficoult
>>
File: i1456379818.jpg (121KB, 514x492px) Image search: [Google]
i1456379818.jpg
121KB, 514x492px
Since we're talking Star Sapphire, if you played Meme Sapphire, which one do you think it's better? I need to pick one
>>
File: title_logo_ruby02.png (41KB, 400x128px) Image search: [Google]
title_logo_ruby02.png
41KB, 400x128px
>>31944740
Meme Sapphire was made using version 1.0 of Star, where a bunch of evolutions were broken, and it was never updated. The 679 build of Star is probably a better choice.

Fun fact, looking through the Meme Sapphire files, there's a logo for 'Blood Ruby'. I guess that was the name he was going to use before he decided on Rutile Ruby?
>>
When I played Star Sapphire, I just hacked in 6 pokemon I wanted (no legends) and gave them max EVs at the beginning of the game. But I also needed to do that because the version of the game I was playing had wild pokemon on their original low levels so if I wanted to catch a pokemon late game it would be very under leveled. This time I'll try to actually catch the pokemon I'm gonna use in game, but I'll still just hack in them having max EVs instead of grinding for it.
>>
>>31948896
Seem nice but adding EVs early doesn't seem right, maybe do it later in the game around the time your would be maxed by playing normally.
I also max three of the highest IV the mon I catch has.
>>
So, out of curiosity, any Pokemon you get in the NS/UM game can be traded to a normal Sun/Moon game on an actual factual 3DS?
>>
>>31949015
He wants to make getting max EVs as quick as possible, thats why he put in the vitamins early and made them super cheap and made EV training patches early. I just skip the middle man and make them max.
>>
>>31943126
I encountered the same problem as you, so I'll spoonfeed.

1. Copy the luma and saltySD files and merge when asked

2. In your 3DS menu, go to luma. If you have the build with "dev" at the end, update to the latest HOURLY.

3. Restart your 3DS after updating luma and check the first 2 options, skip the next 2, and check the next 2 (should game patching and GBA). Save options and turn off your 3DS after returning to the home screen.

3. Go into SD:\luma\code_sections\
Create a folder in \luma named "titles"

4. in SD:\luma\titles create a new folder named the long number that the bin file in code_sections is named (0004000000175E00 or 0004000000164800)

5. Move the bin file into the folder you just created

6. Rename the bin file to "code.bin"

start up your chosen version and the Kukui should say "Welcome to Pokemon Nova Sun/Umbra Moon" after the first textbox.
>>
>>31951327
for 3, hold select to start up luma to open up those options. forgot to add that. also make sure your game version is 1.1
>>
Do pokemon have access to their hidden abilities?
>>
Pretty fun so far. About to do Nanu's grand trial and most of my Pokemon are 75+

Had to replace 3 members of my team pretty far in which is a drag but everyone gains levels really quickly when behind so they catch up in no time.

Biggest gripe is the lack of move tutors but that's just something that is the original SM'a fault.
>>
>>31951631
I can't wait for Dray's hack because they always add the tutor moves to the mons learnsets.
>>
>>31951749
That's always really nice yeah. It's really difficult to get something like entry hazards without them. If my swampert had access to Stealth rock then I'd probably have an easier time with most of the more tougher battles.
>>
>>31937963
the later totem fights can be fucked up. i misclicked reflect instead of light screen and the vikavolt swept through half my team. thunder might as well have 100% paralysis chance with the ai's rigged hax

so far i've been doing pretty well with dual screens pex/taunt crobat leads and half the team set up swords dance etc. the ai is still dumb as hell and won't switch even when turned into setup bait
>>
I got my ass handed to me by the inkay from the first trial. What do? My current team is trumbeak, dartrix, grimer, spinarak and bayleef, lowest level 16 highest level 22.
>>
>>31952851
To my surprise the AI decided that superpower was overrated when i used bayleef to fight it
>>
>>31935833
looks neat dowloading
>>
>>31935833
I'm waiting for drayano's hack
>>
Anybody know if the island scan pokemon are still day dependent, or if they can always be found in their respective areas?
>>
>>31952851
get a rotom and level it. it has very high stats for an early to midgame pokemon.

the only weakness rotom has is its electric stab is shit until you reach poni island and grab the tm for thunderbolt, which is near the end of the game. until then, you'll have to make do with thundershock (40bp), shockwave at lv22 (60bp) and discharge at lv64 (80bp)

it makes up for it with its secondary stabs, which are perfect for using z-crystals on due to their high base power
>>
>>31952851
Are you playing legit/levelled or expanded?
>>
Its better than stock but still didn't fix a lot of the core flaws this gen.
>>
Anyone beat it yet? Did Red and Blue get a buff too or did he end the changes at the champion?
>>
psych up unaware pyukumuku is hilarious against the ai
>>
File: 1464117615447.png (7KB, 349x298px) Image search: [Google]
1464117615447.png
7KB, 349x298px
>>31951749
It shouldn't be too hard to port over some of the changes from Rising/Sinking. You'd have to wing it with the gen 7 mon and the gen 7 moves, though.
>>
File: 1479865260997.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1479865260997.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
is there any change to the characters or story in this?
>>
>>31935833

CIA links pls?
>>
>>31935833
Can someone upload the CIA?
>>
>>31939930
I was nuzlocking this on first attempt and this thing alone ruined my playthrough.
>>
>>31960027
>>31960040
Just use SaltySD. It's pointless installing a CIA, as you'll have to reinstall it every time he releases an update.
>>
>>31958577
there's some minor dialog changes to npc trainers who refer to a pokemon in their team (that got edited away)

other than that, no
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.