[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT your three favorite types. If you're not a lazy fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 16

File: alola_muk_by_el_zorrito-dalv43z.png (428KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
alola_muk_by_el_zorrito-dalv43z.png
428KB, 1024x1024px
ITT your three favorite types. If you're not a lazy fuck like me you can also explain why they're your favorites.

Poison
Dark
Psychic
>>
>Poison
I like every single Poison type Pokémon's design. All of them.

I don't know about any others. I don't feel as strongly about other options.Dark, Ground, Bug, Dragon, and Psychic are all potential choices, and all basically just based on designs in their lines.
>>
>>31934654
>Ghost
I like the paranormal and creepy stuff
>Psychic
I like espers and the idea of dream eating
>Bug
I like insects
>>
File: shiny.png (450KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
shiny.png
450KB, 700x900px
Dark/ghost - I always viewed them as playful little tricksters that just want to mess with people.

Grass- Only reason I like this type is because I would always pick grass starters. This happened because as a kid I would play half way through leaf green and then get lost or stuck and restart the game. And every time I picked Bulbasuar because I knew he was super effective against the first two gyms and resisted the third gym. So it just stuck with me ever sense.
>>
Bug
Poison
Ground
>>
>>31934654
>Poison
I always considered it the "smart" type given that Pokemon of this type tend to have low stats and rely on status for damage. I also considered it the worst type since in Gen 1 and 2 Psychics were common and Poisons didn't receive a buff in Gen 2 like Fighting type did.

>Steel
I love my defensive mons and even though these guys are also the bane of my Poison bros, they tend to play in a way that my Poison bros do as well (wall and harm with status/entry hazards).

>Normal
Such an unloved type, but some really good mons from early Gens were this type (Blissey, Snorlax, Tauros). Gen 4 gave them some good guys like Porygon-Z, Togekiss (before it became Fairy), Staraptor and Arceus.
>>
>Ghost
Paranormal things are cool I guess?

>Water
I love aquatic pokemon and water in general. Strange because arid environments are my favourites.

Not sure on my third favourite, probably psychic for similar reasons to ghost.
>>
>Fire
It's powerful and has a high capacity for destruction and violence.

>Dragon

>Psychic
>>
Dark
Poison
Dragon
>>
Fairy
Fire
Ice
>>
>>31934707
Are you me?
>>
>>31934654
Dark, ghost and fairy

I know it seems super edgy but I've always been the mischievous type. Kind of playing harmless pranks that make people laugh, but nothing that would fall into "it's just a prank bro" and these types always seem to be a bit of fun to me. Also I'm a bit of a night person, staying up all hours to get various art projects done. Lastly I love haunted houses and scaring people, but not too bad. The irony is that I myself am easily scared and have been bared from watching scary movies or listening to creepy pasta because I get far too many nightmares. I guess if ghost type is my favorite, then it makes sense that I would have have a weakness to the same type.
>>
>Fire
Every starter I've chosen up until gen 7 has been fire type and I like a lot of fire type pokemon besides the starters as well.
>Ghost
Chandelure and Giratina are my favorite pokemon. I also really like the lore surrounding ghost types, their dex entries are really interesting to read.
>Fairy/Steel
I can't decide. But I like the roles both of these types play competitively.

Honorable mentions to bug, poison, and grass. All of them have several of my favorite pokemon, but that's more for the pokemon themselves than the types they are.
>>
Dark
Water
Fairy
>>
Water
Ghost
Psychic

Also Dark is 4
>>
>>31934654
>Ice
A very simplistic and elegant idea that consistently brings out clean designs

>Poison
Definitely the most interesting concept for a whole type and brings out some great wackiness

>Normal
Once again, simple and welcoming with a great variety of designs. Never hurts to have a Normal type.

Although most of my favourite Pokemon are all Water types, it isn't as interesting a type as these three.
>>
Electric
Water
Ground
Fighting
Normal
>>
>>31934654
>Water
>Bug
>Fairy
as you can imagine, Sun and Moon were a pretty fucking good generation for me. No wonder I love Golisopod, Primarina, Araquanid and Ribombee so much. Wishiwashi and Tapu Fini are also pretty cool.
>>
File: 20161122_14.35.20.png (790KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20161122_14.35.20.png
790KB, 1366x768px
>>31934654
Water, because aquatic life has always fascinated me since I was very young
Fighting, because I enjoy playing fighting games (one of my favorite vidya genres) and also enjoy watching street fights, mma, wrasslin, action movies
Dark, because dark types have always been good to me in game
>>
>>31935032
This thread got me thinking how I would order the types exactly
I think I'll make a thread about it at some point
>>
>Steel
I like the concept and I like bulky mons, also is one of the strongest types in the game
>Ground
Lots of good designns and just likee steel many bulky pokemon with a lot of atack, annd earthquake is my favorite move
>Ghost
Its not really the type itself what I like, but it has so many good designs likee golurk, dusknoir, trevenant, cofagrigus, and more
>>
>Dark
Strong attacking type, lots of moves with effects and great pokemon designs attached
>Poison
Status moves up the wazoo, gets strong stab moves in TMs and has great resistances, and one of its main weaknesses has little presence
>Rock
stealth rock, sandstorm, amazing offensive presence. Most of them have good attacking pools because of earthquake's distribution
>>
>Bug
Really like all bug Pokemon, and Volcarona is my favorite.

>Normal
Insanely versatile, and have a place on almost every team. I love Porygon 2, Cinccino, and Kecleon.

>Ghost/Dark
Don't particularly feel strongly about any other types. If Sableye weren't these types, I wouldn't be able to pick.
>>
File: 1352844265091.jpg (130KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1352844265091.jpg
130KB, 480x600px
Normal, because cute animals.
Poison, because I'm a staller.
Ground, I don't know. It's cool.
>>
File: 1487892963786.png (707KB, 600x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1487892963786.png
707KB, 600x1053px
1st is Flying, because of the idea of flight itself, and the freedom such limitless capacity brings to you, which most if not all flying types encompass

2nd is Dark, because 70% of my bros are in there.

3rd is Dragon, because most of the time they're huge aggressive and bad-ass monsters which seem incredibly adorable when done in fanart and make me love them so much.

>>31934688
>>31934691
>>31934719
>>31934774
>>31935038
>>31935155
>>31935520
I love these, you're all great
>>
File: 1469152132777.png (312KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469152132777.png
312KB, 500x500px
>Poison
it has the best designs
>Ice
coolest elemental type, Weavile and Cloyster are among my all time favourites
>Dark
I'm an edgelord
>>
File: trainercard-Clay (1).png (55KB, 245x171px) Image search: [Google]
trainercard-Clay (1).png
55KB, 245x171px
bug, with the only exception being scyther and his metalmorphed upgrade.
Never being in the clear-meta was always disheartening, but never made me feel like bugs weren't fun.
Heracross was my first pokemon toy (aside from the yellow and Blue games themselves)
so there's always that.
>>
File: Kingdra.240.jpg (22KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdra.240.jpg
22KB, 240x240px
>>31934654
>Water
Both aestethically and versatility
>Dragon
I like reptiles, reptiles are good
>Normal
Not much as a fav as the other two, but they sure are one interesting type imo with varied mons and probably the type with most gimmicks
>>
>>31934686
>>31934729
>>31935099
>>31935719
guys OP said 3
>>
File: 1476715950889.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1476715950889.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>Grass
I know the type is pretty shit defensively, but I love how they play, I love spores and drains and Leech Seed, plus I love nature and grass Pokemon typically have god tier designs.

>Water
Water's my favorite of the four classical elements, I've been swimming since I was 3, and Quagsire's my favorite Pokemon.

>Ground
If grass isn't an option, then usually earth is the next best thing because of that innate connection with plants. Also Quagsire's second type, and not to mention a whole bunch of other awesome ground types that make it worth liking.
>>
>Fighting
>Fire
>Flying

judge away
>>
>Poison
The only type i can use competitive
>bug
Clear weaknesses and strengths
>dark
Cause I am an edge lord
>>
File: 1386011449814.png (12KB, 350x415px) Image search: [Google]
1386011449814.png
12KB, 350x415px
Electric, Ghost, and Grass
No deep reason or anything, I just like their designs
>>
>>31934654
Dark - I like most of the designs and the idea of pragmatic tactics in combat
Rock - I like prehistoric life forms
Dragon - I like dragons in general
Also I fucking love the Godzilla franchise, Tyranitar and Hydreigon are two of my absolute favorite Pokemon.
>>
File: 1290619921586.png (22KB, 731x548px) Image search: [Google]
1290619921586.png
22KB, 731x548px
>Poison
I like the defensive playstyle of most poison types and Toxic is my favorite move in the game. Not only that but poison types have amazing designs all around. Can't ever hurt to have a poison mon around.
>Bug
A very close second (might even dethrone Poison) but a type with amazing designs, fun play style, and underdog status. I always have at least one bug on my team. Gen 7 was very good to me.
>Fairy
It used to be Ice until I noticed I have an absurb amount of fairy types on my team. Fantastic designs and flexible lore (could be a cute disney-like fairy or a mischievous/malicious old fae.) My favorite Pokemon (Whimsicott) is one to boot.
>>
>Water
Really love marine life and ocean stuff. The huge number of them also means there's something for every occasion

>Psychic
Love the range of supernatural designs it has. From magicians to spooky animals to dream beings to space aliens.

>Steel
Love all the inorganic guys combined with the general sleekness of steel. Also gotta love defensive guys
>>
File: mv6z2b9jDx1sk3dhbo1_1280.png (234KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mv6z2b9jDx1sk3dhbo1_1280.png
234KB, 600x600px
>>31934654
>fairy
cute, stronk and pink
>normal
favorite type before fairy, not too strange considering many normal types become fairies
>electric, most likely
because pikaclones, really (pachirisu was probably my fav pokemon ever after dp)

Least favorite types since I'm bored
>poison
don't like any designs. literally none of them, except maybe the trubbish line and vileplume
>fighting
always beat my ass because I used normal so much before fairy was a thing
>dark
same as poison
>>
>>31934654
>Dark
Because I like most mons of that type, inlcuding my all time fav. And I was somewhat edgy years ago
>Ghost
I like spoopy stuff and it's a great offensive type
>Dragon
I like dragons. Except Goodra, Goodra can go kill itself
What? You expected an actual explanation?
>>
>>31934654
Ice
Fire
Grass
>>
File: Xerneas.full.1717887.jpg (574KB, 686x847px) Image search: [Google]
Xerneas.full.1717887.jpg
574KB, 686x847px
>>31934654
>Fairy
This type is fucking strong and so cute
I also love pink
I always loved Fairies, mermaid... all these magical things

>Water
Water is my favorite Element from ATLA
Water is needed for life and it's beautiful,calm but it can be also dangerous

>Physic
This type is very insteresting
It has so many power but not in the physical way
>>
>>31934654
Ice, Psychic, Steel
I've always liked ice as an element
The whole idea of psychics is really fun to me
Steel types are just stylish
>>
>>31934946
Nah yo
>>
>fighting
coolest designs and moves

>dark
dunno, its just straight up cool, there are great dark type pokémon and the "evil" type is interesting

>bug
i fucking hate insects in real life but bug type pokemon are usually adorable and incredibly well designed
>>
File: 1486609073972.jpg (65KB, 443x726px) Image search: [Google]
1486609073972.jpg
65KB, 443x726px
>Grass
I love their designs, whimsicott and bulbausaur are my bro
>Poison
Great designs, great moves, has the nidoran line
>Normal
Lots of gimmicks, lots of interesting designs, Furret saved my ass in Gold

>>31937844
>>Physic
>It has so many power but not in the physical way
>>
Ice fairy and ghost

Ice because while it is weak to basically everything it's good against lots of OU Pokemon

Fairy because choice spec pixilate hyper voice

Ghost, because not many resist it and only weak to ghost and dark
>>
1. Ghost
Designs are varied, creative, and fun. Good in battle while not feeling ridiculously broken. Just the all around best typing in my opinion.

2. Poison
The oddball and original "bad guy" type before dark type. It has a lot of cool and interesting designs. People who hate on muk and garbodor are idiots who can't appreciate a great idea. Of my top 10 half are ghosts.

3. Bug
The underdog type being the theoretical worst type. Lots of silly and interesting designs often having a good balance between the pokemon looking enough like their inspiration but whimsical. Also has my all time favorite pokemon so that helps.
>>
>Flying
In my opinion It's a great companion type which is why it's been mixed with every other types, creating cool designs like Gligar and Hawlucha
>Water
It's also a very diverse type that comes close to being mixed with every other type , plus I love marine life
>Fairy
This generation really pushed the boundaries of what the type could be and I'm excited what kind of mystical critters are sure to come
>>
Poison
Ground
Psychic
>>
Normal
Fire
Fighting
>>
>Ghost. I love mingames and making my opponent base their game on luck. I also love the horror genre.
>Bug. My favourite Pokémon is actually Parasect. I love their designs and all of the crazy things you can do. My favourite gimmick by far is the Toxic/Roost/Struggle Bug/Aerial Ave Eviolite Scyther.
>Grass. Breloom used to be my favourite Pokémon, and mushrooms are still my favourite "sub-type." I also like status, and Grass is not short on that.
>>
>>31934654
>dark
>ghost
>ice
>(poison runner-up)
im edgy as fuck and they all represent evil and death in some way: (dark is literally evil type, things die and becoming ghosts, ice is the logical counter to dragons aka life guardians in gen 2, and poison kills things)
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.