[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate Sun and Moon on each of these individual aspects: >Gameplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

File: sun-moon-box-art.jpg (96KB, 740x332px) Image search: [Google]
sun-moon-box-art.jpg
96KB, 740x332px
Rate Sun and Moon on each of these individual aspects:

>Gameplay
>Level/map design
>Auxiliary features and content
>Music + sound
>Graphics
>Writing and storytelling
>Replay value/longevity
>>
Out of what, OP?
I'm picking 10, because it's easy for me.

>Gameplay
>Level/map design
>Music + sound
>Graphics
>Replay value/longevity
>>
>>Gameplay
7/10
>>Level/map design
7/10
>>Auxiliary features and content
4/10
>>Music + sound
9/10
>>Graphics
8/10
>>Writing and storytelling
8/10
>>Replay value/longevity
3/10
>>
File: 1484976713516.png (40KB, 397x237px) Image search: [Google]
1484976713516.png
40KB, 397x237px
>>31928303
>4/10
In the game that invented the Pelago.
kek
>>
>>31928317
Pelago is the 4/10. This game has a dismal amount of content besides that.
>>
>>31928317
In the game that invented Grindstravaganza Plaza and fucking Poké Finder.
>>
>>31928267
>Gameplay
4.5/5
>Level/map design
4/5
3/5
>Music + sound
5/5
>Graphics
5/5
3/5
>Replay value/longevity
2.5/5

Total: 27/35 or 77%
solid B-
>>
>>31928267
>Gameplay
3/5
>Level/map design
3/5
3/5
>Music + sound
5/5
>Graphics
4/5
3/5
>Replay value/longevity
2/5
>>
>>31928298
>>31928303
>giving level design a higher score than 3
Please explain.
>>
>>31928366
I liked the ways the towns were integrated.
>>
>>31928326
>>31928329
Fair point I guess.
I fucking hate the Plaza, and the Poke Finder makes me sad that we'll never get a full-fledged Poke Snap sequel on the Wii (literally the only game / game style I looked forward to using the motion controls for... sadface).
But the Pelago might one of (if not literally the top) favorite 'extra' features added over the years.

tfw the pelago, soaring in the sky, and follow-pokemon weren't popular enough to just make it into literally every single pokemon game released after they were invented.
Why live?
>>
>>31928366
I'm from Hawaii?
I can appreciate what they did?
Idfk, what kind of answer do you even want?
>>
>>31928267
>Gameplay
pokemon/10
>Level/map design
kalos/10
removed features/10
>Music + sound
it's fine/10
>Graphics
3DS/10
kill la kill with kanto/10
>Replay value/longevity
what replay value/10
>>
>>31928395
Hopefully something that justifies your opinion despite how low the aptitude for exploration is or the nearly complete lack of actual dungeons and map complexity.
>>
File: 1333540411460.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1333540411460.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>31928267
>Gameplay
5/10
>Level/map design
3/10
6/10
>Music + sound
8/10
>Graphics
7/10
2/10
>Replay value/longevity
2/10

Mediocre games.
>>
>>31928267

>gameplay
7. The level up movepools are actually good, but things start to dive after the E4, where its really annoying to grind without exploiting the game, and very little to do in the PostGame

>level/map design

4. Its pretty and all, but its mssing a lot of thing such as puzzles and good dungeon layouts. Plus for how "spacious" the region is, it railroads you a lot.

>auxiliary features
6. Pelago is fantastic for what it offers, but Festival Plaza is staight up trash

>music
8. Much much better than Gen 6's music and in general is higher up in terms of quality compared to the rest of the generations

>graphics

>writing/story
5. story is same ol Poketrash, but the characterization is pretty decent this time around

>replay value
3. After completing the pokedex and getting your 50 wins, there's pretty much nothing else worth doing. the meta keeps getting worse and worse since Gamefreak only cares about doubles now Battle Tree could have been interesting, but its just yet another Battle Tower reskin. That shit's been getting old since Gen 5.
>>
>>31928445
>how low the aptitude for exploration is
I don't agree.
I enjoyed going off the beaten path in SM.
Even just little things like crawling through that cave on Oahu to get to the secret shore (that literally isn't required to get to, to beat the game).
>the nearly complete lack of actual dungeons and map complexity.
Comparing to what? Previous pokemon games?
Fuck, dude- I'll take Vast Pony Canyon and Resolution Cave over the first Victory Road or Cerulean Cave, any day.

Literally the only 'better' dungeons are the Big-Ass Central Mountain Caves in Gen 2 / 4, but fucking everyone complained about them being 'too big' and 'getting lost' so of fucking course gamefuck catered to those normal fags.
You can't blame me for popular opinion dictating what does and does not get made for new games.
>>
>>31928267
>>
>>31928495
>I enjoyed going off the beaten path in SM.
Not that you can do that. There's fucking nothing to splunk around in because everything is a straight line.
>>
>>31928267
>Gameplay
7.5/10
>Level/map design
lolno -1/10
6/10
>Music and sound
Solid 9/10
>Graphics
8.5/10
8.5/10
>Replay value/longevity
are you kidding me? the UB missions were a joke 3/10
>>
>>31928495
>but fucking everyone complained about them being 'too big' and 'getting lost' so of fucking course gamefuck catered to those normal fags.
No one complained about the Johto caves. With Sinnoh it's the excessive backtracking not the layout.
>>
>>31928267
Rating out of ten because it seems reasonable.

>>Gameplay
8. It's alright but I'm gonna take points away because the battles are just a bit too slow compared with ORAS and also the fps issue. Also no rotation battles. SOS battles are a okay, I wouldn't mind if they stay. I'm not sure if I like the new fishing mechanics. Z moves are fine.

>>Level/map design
6. Some places were pretty cool, but some places seems a little underused, wish there was some more places to explore.

7. Pokepelago is a step in the right direction. Festival plaza is alright with the shops and all, but 2 steps back regarding online play (pss was infinitely better at connecting people). Battle tree is more of the same, it would have been nice to also have some other battle facilities with different rules. Battle Royale while interesting concept, was executed poorly, mainly because of the fps and lack of online multiplayer. Island scan is a bad replacement for the DexNav which should come back. The Riding pokemon are great, really hope we keep those. Pokefinder is a nice idea but it's done like shit, don't mind if it stays as long as they improve it.

>>Music + sound
8. Pretty solid here. At times it reminded me of the GC games music, which I love.

>>Graphics
8. The difference with XY/ORAS is massive, but there's still room to improve.

4. The weakest point of the game. The plot wasn't the best as usual with this games, but annoying characters and endless cinematics made the game painfully slow at some points, especially the start of the game. I did found the trial system refreshing from the usual formula at first, though it resulted underwhelming.

>>Replay value/longevity
5. I don't feel like replaying because of what I stated above. As for longevity, it could really do with some more quests like the Eevee one.

Overall, I enjoyed the game, it felt more immersive than previous ones, so I'll give it extra points for that
>>
>>31928267
>>Gameplay
10/10 since it's Pokémon
>>Level/map design
3/10 There's some places to explore, but there's really no need to go back to any area after the credits. The singleplayer itself was linear and uninteresting
0/10 what content?
>>Music + sound
5/10 Most of the music is forgettable though there are some good overworld music as well as different themes for day and night
>>Graphics
8/10 They were pretty much the same as XY though no 3D is a bummer
3/10 Just because it distracts you from the gameplay the whole time does not mean it is any good. I did enjoy the League and the Hau and Gladion were decent rivals.
>>Replay value/longevity
5/10 Filling the dex, breeding and online battles have kept me busy but by Pokémon standards it's the bare minimum
>>
File: golisopod official art.png (167KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
golisopod official art.png
167KB, 500x500px
>>31928267
Assuming this is a standard boxart thread, I will be serious anyway.
>>Gameplay
9, I enjoyed it a lot, especially the new models and transportation.
>>Level/map design
8, I love the islands design but I wish it was a tad bigger.
7, I kind of want something like Black Tower with a tangible reward at the end, I'm sick of Maison and Tree, but I love plaza (now that I can change the music) and pelago
>>Music + sound
10, some of my absolute favorites.
>>Graphics
7, better than gen 6 and I like that they dropped chibis, but the 3DS has terrible res.
8, I loved the story a lot but wish they actually put in more dialogue to develop it as it felt like they limited it.
>>Replay value/longevity
5, I don't replay my Pokemon games, but I especially would dislike going back to a story I've already seen. Also has features that deter restarting, like Pelago.

Overall one of my absolute favorites. I also love the new Pokemon, like pic.
>>
>>31928495
>I enjoyed going off the beaten path in SM.
I did too, but it's still the game where this possibility is offered the least and leads to the smallest maps.

>Comparing to what? Previous pokemon games?
Yes, hence why I posted the pic comparing Distortion World to Ultra Space. Just think about how complex Distortion World is and how Ultra Space is literally just one room with nothing in it.

>Fuck, dude- I'll take Vast Pony Canyon and Resolution Cave over the first Victory Road or Cerulean Cave, any day.
Vast Poni Canyon is good but Resolution Cave has to be a joke. It's a straight line to the second room which is a copy of Zygarde's room from Kalos.

When it comes to dungeons from old games I'm thinking mostly of Ice Path, Shoal Cave, the Abandoned Ship or the aforementioned Distortion World. Those places have puzzles or at least relatively intricate map design.

>>31928523
Don't be unreasonable, there are a few optional places to discover in Alola as small and few as they are.
>>
>>31928523
Just because you ignored those areas doesn't mean there fucking aren't any anon.

melemele:
>Seaward Cave
>Kala’e Bay
>Melemele Sea
>Ten Carat Hill

ula'ula:
>Haina Desert
>Outer Cape

poni:
>Poni Grove
>Poni Plains
>Poni Meadow
>Resolution Cave
>Poni Coast
>Poni Gauntlet
>Battle Tree

Plus all the sidequests (Everyone seems to forget the Eevee one), plus all the stuff that you unlock once you beat an island (which are literally like 6+ things per island(didn't even realize there was a mall in Honolulu until after I beat the game)), plus all the re-battles you can do after the fact...

Face it; you're ignoring the optional areas / postgame and then saying there isn't one.
do you realize how delusional that makes you sound?
>>
>Gameplay
7-8/10, pretty much the same old thing we've had for 21 years now
>Level/map design
4/10, Despite being completely 3D with no grid movement its more linear than almost every previous game before it
5/10 at best. Pelago is nice but the lack of any decent post game is a major turn off. Festival plaza as a whole is a 0/10. The ultra beast questline is probably 4/10 at best.
>Music+Sound
8/10
>Graphics
7/10 if you arent including performance issues. If you do include that then 4/10. I'd rather have the chibi models if it meant more than 5 fps in every battle.
6/10, could have had the main character do more than stand there the entire time.
>Replay value
1/10. Between the excess linearity and the story being too hand holdy. I cant think of a single part aside from the lusamine battle that id want to slog through just to replay.
Overall the games are average. Nothing really special going for them.
>>
>>31928582
>but it's still the game where this possibility is offered the least and leads to the smallest maps.
Observation bias. Not true.

>comparing Distortion World to Ultra Space
both places fucking sucked. I literally don't understand what point you're trying to make here.

>Those places have puzzles or at least relatively intricate map design.
And Gamefuck is now catering to simplefags who think that the strength puzzles in SM are actually hard.
That's a problem you're having with popular opinion changing how things are designed.
Completely separate issue.
fucking abandoned ship though. that place was fucking awesome. definitely how an optional area should be.
>>
>>31928605
>could have had the main character do more than stand there the entire time
what do you expect, it's a Pokémon game
>>
>>31928267
>Gameplay
7/10 nothing out of the ordinary I guess
>Level/map design
7.5/10 I actually liked Alola, surprisingly
5/10 no post-game
>Music + sound
4/10 I don't really care for the music in this game, it just didn't appeal to me.
>Graphics
8/10, first time I've noticed lag though
9/10 I'm mixed, but ultimately I give it a high score. I liked the plot a lot. But I really hated how I never felt in control, I always felt like I was in an anime. However, I liked that I wasn't the "chosen one" for once, but rather I traveled with her.
>Replay value/longevity
Can't rate this since I just beat it last night. But nothing will ever compare to HGSS post-game, so I'd be biased.
>>
>>31928595

>all the sidequest
>the same sidequest that boil down to "catch this pokemon lol"

wow, such great content right there
>>
File: viruses-metrid.gif (1KB, 39x121px) Image search: [Google]
viruses-metrid.gif
1KB, 39x121px
Pretty much 8s and 9s all around, except story which is a 7 because, while I know people whined about it, needed more cutscenes, or at least dialogue.
The story was better than the non-existent ones of older games, but it felt like they cut out a lot of it and it really needed more cutscenes to flesh out the characters if they wanted to actually develop a decent plot.
Still was very enjoyable though, I want more of this.
>>
>>31928651
>I mentioned Eevee sidequest.
>you ignore Eevee sidequest to make your 'you only catch pokemon in sidequests lol' point.
>ignores my point entirely

I am done arguing.
If you're not going to look further than your own nose, there's no point in me continuing.
>>
>>31928267
>Gameplay
7/10, could've been a 9 if more than 6 out of 100+ trainers used more than 3 Pokemon during the main game.
>Level/map design
5/10
5/10
>Music + sound
7/10, I can't remember alot except a few outstanding tracks, the cover legendary theme is complete garbage to me.
>Graphics
7/10, they really can't optimize at all.
4/10
>Replay value/longevity
3/10, this is a one and done kind of game.
>>
>>31928699

'garbage sidequest, cause all it does is amount to the same shit you've been doing the entire game, which is battling, with a sightly melodramatic backstory.
The side content is garbage my dude because theres very little to no reason to actually do them.
>>
>>31928711
But now yo're arguing a completely different point.
First you said:
>there is no sidequests
now you're saying
>there's no point to the sidequests.

Nice try slipping the blame around, anon- but I already know you're a moron, so it didn't work.
>>
>>31928725

maybe you should realize that I'm not the same person
>>
>>31928711
>unique item for completing a side quest
>no point to the side quest

literally what?
>>
>>31928267

On a 1 to 5 scale

Gameplay - 4

Level/map design - 2

Auxiliary features and content - 4

Music + sound - 5

Graphics - 4

Writing and storytelling - 2

Replay value/longevity - 3
>>
>>31928741

>an item exclusive to an unevolved shitmon.

It might have had some use if you could use it outside of the postgame, where you have literally hundreds of better options at your disposal. also nice job omitting the "very little" part.
>>
>>31928751
Try rating them again, I want to see what happens when you do it again please
>>
File: amazed caucasian infant.jpg (19KB, 536x350px) Image search: [Google]
amazed caucasian infant.jpg
19KB, 536x350px
>>31928267
>Gameplay
9. Took 1 point away cause breeding is more of a hassle than ORAS/XY (inb4 justinjectlol)
>Level/map design
MountLanakilaandWelaVolcanoPark/10
I miss Super training. Still 8/10 though
>Music + Sound
9/10 I fucking love Charjabug's cry and the E4 theme
>Graphics
8/10 The little things like Minior actually destroying its shell with Shields Down got me (isn't Aegislash the only other Pokemon out there that has an actual animation for form change, not just "hiding the Pokemon in a sphere while it changes" animations?)
>Writing and Storytelling
3/10 Lillie and Hau annoyed the shit out of me. I want a Gary-esque rival again.
>Replay value/longevity
7/10
>>
>>31928337
77% is a C, friend
>>
>>31928267

Huh. I liked the game, but spreading things apart, it looks like I dont
>>
>>31928620
Alola being one of the smallest maps is absolutely true

That person is saying Ultra Space is tiny compared to a large Distortion World
>>
>>31928267
This is for rating games.
Sun and moon wasn't a game. It was a video and the actual game play is the small cut scenes when the video is interrupted. 90% video - 10% game.
So I can't rate a video.

For the 10% I can say it was really small (duh), the story could be interesting if it wasn't SO restricting. Graphics are very cool but the fps drops faster than my drunk dad, longevity is a joke and I only replay it because I want to use all the new pokemon at least once. The map is interesting but with so few places to discover. Music is the only thing that I really like. Auxiliary features are meh. Maybe someone else finds them helpful, I don't.
>>
>>31928665
Pretty much this, I liked the game but it needed more cutscenes to flesh out the story.

People whine about the cutscenes but they barely exist after the huge cluster in the tutorial, it needed more of them to make the story decent. Shame so many people complained about them.
>>
>Gameplay
below average
>Level/map design
below average
below average
>Music + sound
below average
>Graphics
below average
below average
>Replay value/longevity
below average
>>
>>
File: afvakbevfj.jpg (18KB, 478x357px) Image search: [Google]
afvakbevfj.jpg
18KB, 478x357px
Gameplay: 6.5/10
>Fuck them for removing Triple and Rotation Battles. Also, SOS battles suck and Z-Moves have less depth than Mega Evolution and are just there to look pretty. Still has the Pokemon feel, though.

Level/Map design: 3/10
>Linear as fuck, very few exciting areas to explore, and even when there are, it feels like the story flat out prohibits the player to do so. At least the region looks pretty.

Auxiliary features and content: 3/10
>RotomDex is literally there just to tell the player where to go. Massive waste of the bottom screen, especially coming after ORAS' brilliant use of the Pokenav Plus. Also, Festival Plaza is trash.

Music +sound: 10/10
>sublime... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIjsuw0uIqA

Graphics: 6/10
>Looks better than ORAS and XY, but the framerate is even worse than both of them.

Writing and storytelling: 5/10
>Some good characters, but the story has the protagonist basically just being Lillie's bodyguard, just so she can tell her mother she's a bitch. Boring.

Replay value/longevity: 1/10
>What replay value? It has literally less postgame content than ORAS and XY, and the first three hours of the game is "walk 15 paces and read text." Hands down the least replayability of any main series Pokemon game. The only reason I'm giving it a 1 is because I can see it working as a sleep aid for people with insomnia. Just turn that son of a bitch on, start a new playthrough, and you'll be sleeping in under an hour.

Overall: The music and characters are the best aspects of the game. So why even bother playing it yourself? Just watch a LP/walkthrough on YouTube.
>>
>>31933682
I don't like that people ask for more cut scenes.

I mean the whole game was cut scene take like 100 steps battle 3 trainers rinse and repeat. And many of them were pointless. Cut scene so Lilly can tell me this, cut scene so Lilly can turn around, cut scene so Lilly can heal my pokemon when I don't even need it. TOO many pointless cut scenes.

I would agree for more story. But no more cut scenes. FFS.
>>
>>31928267
>Gameplay
9? It's fucking Pokemon, what do you expect?
>Level design
7/10, gorgeous but not a lot to do in any given area.
>Auxillary features/content
2/10, there's basically nothing unique to do after you beat the game barring the UB quest which is a streamlined and boring version of actually hunting legendaries.
>Music + Sound
9/10, excellent OST.
>Graphics
I dunno, 7? Don't really pay attention to that. Some areas were really gorgeous, but not because of any graphics feats, just good design.
>Writing and story
8, despite all the people on here harping on it for not having OLD MASTER level of writing, it's incredibly well-done for a kid's game and I did get sad at the end.
>Replay Value/Longevity
3/10, wouldn't probably play again and I can't stand continuing to play after I beat the game. I'm sad that I let the pile of dogshit that is the postgame tarnish my memory of the great main quest.
>>
>>31934986
>I'm sad that I let the pile of dogshit that is the postgame tarnish my memory of the great main quest.
>great main quest
>main quest is just fighting Lillie's battles so she can tell her mother off, even though all her mother wants is to be left alone with some aliens
Do you play any other games besides Pokemon? Because Sun/Moon's main quest is far from great.
>>
>>31928267
>Gameplay
>Level/map design
>Music + sound
>Graphics
>Replay value/longevity
>>
>>31928267
>Gameplay: 10
>Level/map design: 8
>Auxiliary features and content: 6
>Music + sound : 7
>Graphics: 7 (they are actually great, but then there's that framerate...)
>Writing and storytelling: 6
>Replay value/longevity: 5
>>
>Gameplay
7, could've done with giving trainers more pokemon, and making it more difficult in general, as well as letting us battle more people. I do like the fact we can defend our titles now as champions and that the last challenger is different though.
>Level/map design
4, missing areas, not a lot of places felt memorable. Pretty to look at though and did a decent job of getting me hyped for what I assumed would be an area I'd get to explore more in depth- only to not be able to ('victory road' and ultra space to name a few). Not sure if this belongs here or in writing, but I really miss how much added lore there was in previous generations in the way of small areas to explore, books, etc. I miss the subtlety that goes on in the background. There was some of it this gen, but so much less than usual.
2, see above. Plus lack of postgame and shitty online. Pelago is pretty cool though. This seems the most appropriate place to also complain about the fact that the new pokemon are stupidly uncommon compared to old ones. I play with new mons only on a first run, it was a pain in the ass to find any half the time and they were poorly distributed, oftentimes with 5% encounter rates.
>Music + sound
3, not nearly as memorable or interesting as previous games. It's the first pokemon game where I've actually considered turning off my sound to play other music.
>Graphics
6, it looks alright. Nothing more, nothing less.
5, the story wasn't terrible, but the pacing was, as was the timing of the cutscenes and the duration of them. The begining was really weak but it got better towards the end. There were also a lot of missed opportunities to further expand on things or take things in more interesting directions, I think.
>Replay value/longevity
With all the above problems, the unskippable cutscenes, and lack of content/exploration, plus more handholding than in any other Pokemon game? 1.
>>
>>31928267
>Gameplay
9/10
>Level/map design
7/10
8/10
>Music + sound
5/10
>Graphics
7/10
4/10
>Replay value/longevity
3/10
>>
>>31934898
Yeah I know people don't like the cutscenes but if they're going to use them to develop the story they should use more than they had. Either go full effort or not at all. People really exaggerate how many there were, most were at the beginning and it dropped most of them after that. It needs more cutscenes.
>>
>Gameplay
6/10
Not liking being constantly interrupted. Lots of pointless shit like z moves. Fishing in specific spots only sucks. The trials are just gyms without the puzzles, which sucks too. But there are also a few good points like riding Pokemon and getting rid of HMs.

>Level/map design
4/10
No exploration , boring and short maps (caves especially, wtf?), repetitive environments.

8/10

>Music + sound
7/10
None of it is very memorable, but it doesn't sound bad.

>Graphics
8.5/10. Battles are 10/10 but the overworld often looks like a bad ps2 game.

6/10
Found it pretty cheasy imo. The protag is hardly even part of the story. It felt like they wrote the script to a Pokémon movie and tacked it into a game. I don't think it works very well.

>Replay value/longevity
6/10 Most of the postgame stuff is pretty boring, but at least there's a bit of a postgame. Can't say that I bothered with it too much tho. I hardly ever picked up the game after beating the league.
>>
>>31935563
It doens't. Cutscenes are not the only way to get a story across in game, especially in an RPG. Anyone who has played any sort of RPG before 2000 would know this.

If anything there should be less. It is a game, and gameplay should come first and foremost at all times. When story does nothing but take the player away from it constantly, then there is a problem. What GF should do, is use cutscenes to show only pivotal plot points, and if players want anymore details on the plot then they can speak to characters and explore for more information.

Railroading players and bashing them in the head with cutscenes is a cheap way for developers to get story across to players because they can't be assed to think of a better way that doesn't hinder the gameplay.
>>
>>31938310
I know that you probably like the older style of Pokemon where the story was pretty barebones and left story as an excuse, but again, they shouldn't have half assed it if they wanted to put in a story. Either go nothing (like the older titles) or all the way, don't just leave an underdeveloped plot that tries to go either way. I get that you think that cutscenes took away from the gameplay but I genuinely think it would have benefited if they introduced more cutscenes, possibly in a better way (e.g. clustering them rather than making them short and giving a tiny bit of movement) but it would have improved the plot greatly, and build a stronger narrative. Minimal plot can be a good thing but I had higher hopes for the story and stuffing it to the side for people too impatient to read them doesn't really do much for the main plot.

Older RPGs I do acknowledge had different ways of giving story, but much of it was visual (e.g. the town was destroyed in SF and the visuals communicated the battle) but text is a fair way to communicate detail for the characters, especially in a plot focused on the characters like SM. People have some odd aversion to dialogue in games nowadays.
>>
>>31938310
A ton of old rpgs had a shitload of dialogue too m8, just with less moving pictures and actions.
>>
>>31938310
I think it really boils down to modern styles of story vs older styles.
Modern styles tend to let the characters and cutscenes/dialogue carry the story.
Older styles tended to avoid dialogue and let the player interpret the story from shit happening around them.

I don't think either one is bad, they just have different audiences. Someone who is used to the old one might not like the new one, and vice versa.
SM was a bit jerky with the talking but it did a pretty good job and didn't really need any more cutscenes, and the ones that were there were fine, /vp/ overexaggerates them.
Similarly, past pokemon games did pretty well with a story that the player was left to see for themselves, and only being nudged along by a few points.
Both good.
>>
>Gameplay 7/10 I like the Z moves, it makes sense to trump Megas, I like the trials mainly because theres more trails than there are Gyms, and I love the typings they finally blended especially bug types. The battling as well is very improved the A.I is smarter.

HOWEVER

I hate that you can't fish everywhere, I hate how you need to fucking press a to open every door,
and it also seems like we need to rely on wonder trades or straight up pokebank or getting lucky on 10 fucking QR scans, so you're basically forcing us to be dependent on someone's currency or effort to get our variety of Pokemon.

>Level/map design
4/10 the leveling was pretty okay, imo they gave out exp share like it was forced doe. Map sucks straight out hate it.

6/10 was good but obviously could have been better, but was kind of expected.
>Music + sound
9/10 was really good I really liked a lot of the songs and I love the more options you get to choose from during the battle tree, dope shit.
>Graphics 6/10 obviously its good but its so fucking laggy lol.

>Writing and storytelling 7/10 was a good story but could have been executed.

>Replay value/longevity 7/10 Good for another run worth play through, longevity... not much lol

Still love the game just think the next game will probably be better.
>>
>Gameplay
7/10
>Level/map design
5/10
4/10
>Music + sound
8/10
>Graphics
7/10 at its best
8/10 I appreciate the effort to do something different but it still felt unfinished and rushed for some characters
>Replay value/longevity
7/10

In short words I enjoy it more than XY and ORAS desu
>>
File: hourai.png (199KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hourai.png
199KB, 500x500px
>>31928267
>>Gameplay
9/10. It's Pokemon.
>>Level/map design
7.8/10. I loved the island design but it could have been bigger.
7.5/10. I would have given this a 6 if I hadn't gotten the 4000 FC reward, since at rank 40 the plaza gets a lot more enjoyable due to custom options and better shops. Pelago was amazing, I pray they don't ditch it.
>>Music + sound
10/10. Some of my absolute favorite Pokemon music came from this. Themes like Aether Grunt Battle, Poni Canyon, Iki Town, Po Town, all amazing.
>>Graphics
5/10. I have never given any Pokemon game a good score on graphics, usually a 3 or lower. This is marginally better because of the lack of chibis and recycled sprites, but the 3DS can't handle it as best it should.
As much as I personally enjoyed it? 9.7/10. As much as I think it was worth as an overall story to a typical (but not deliberately cynical) /vp/ poster? Probably a 7/10 to most, at lowest a 6.
>>Replay value/longevity
I'll rate these separately.
>Replay
2/10, I would not want to replay these since I have a fully upgraded Pelago and clothes, etc.
>Longevity
I can't say for sure. However I'm still enjoying them so I'll give it a tentative 6/10.

I don't really think most of /vp/ hates these games as much as the vocal OPs may suggest. I suppose it goes through the whole "can't like something new" on most /v-/ boards.
>>
>Gameplay
4/10
>Level/map design
3/10
4/10
>Music + sound
8/10
>Graphics
7/10
7/10
>Replay value/longevity
2/10
>>
>Gameplay
>Level/map design
>Music + sound
>Graphics
>Replay value/longevity
>>
>>31935563
If you mean more cut scenes with meaningful story then yes I agree.

But I don't need an unskippable cutscene every 5 minutes so Lilly can change direction of walking, or healing my pokemon. I don't need a cutscene if I take the wrong way so the game can reposition me ffs. Nor I need a cutscene to learn how to say 'Arora'. Come on. All these could have happened with plain dialogue boxes were you can spam 'A' and be done with it. Keep the cutscenes for the real story.
>>
>>31939269
Yes, absolutely more cutscenes with actual story. I don't think the "this way, c'mon" pauses added anything good. A few ones that establish the setting are ok too but nothing like the run prompts. They had flags to remind you where to go anyway.
>>
Out of 10 I guess

>Gameplay
>Level/map design
>Music + sound
>Graphics
>Replay value/longevity
>>
>Gameplay
7/10
>Level/map design
8/10
8/10
>Music + sound
8/10
>Graphics
10/10 for a pokemon game
8/10 for a regular game
7/10
>Replay value/longevity
3/10

I think this is the best pokemon has ever looked and it's one of the most fun and exciting pokemon games during the first playthrough. Personally I feel it falls apart once you beat the main game which is what makes all the other pokemon games so great. Even if you don't like the game at first you keep coming back to it. I hope that happens with sun and moon but it hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>31928267
>Gameplay
Not much to say. Overall an improvement.

>Level/map design
I like the region's realistic feel. It was really nice and fun to explore. I also liked the outlandish towns from Unova and Kalos, so not having more of those takes 1 point away. Another half a point away for not having many good dungeon. What it did have was great, though, and I don't like Mount Moon like dungeons to begin with, so only half a point for that.

Breeding, IV and EV training, everything is more accessible than ever and it's the most content any first game has ever had. No complaints here. One point taken away because leveling Pokemon to a hundred is not as easy anymore. That's my only real complaint.

>Music + sound
While it didn't have a lot of it, what SM did have was great. I just wish some of them were utilized a bit more than they were.

>Graphics
Love it. No real complaints. It looked the best the series has ever did. More vibrant, colorful and anime-like than most anime nowadays.

Easily my favoirte part of the game. I gave shits about what was happening with the characters for the first time. Normally, my reaction to the story is just wanting to get it over with. This time I wanted to see the characters and what happens to them till the end, and I wanted more even after that. If it was an anime, not a game, I'd watch and like it simply for the story and characters.

>Replay value/longevity
I don't have any real opinion on this part yet. I did go for a second playthrough as soon as I finished my first, and I liked it just as much, which is a first. But going through any game multiple times in a short period of time is going to make you bored.
Replay value and longevity would be judged after the next game is out or at least a few more months has passed.
>>
>>31928651

>Implying the main goal in pokemon isn't to catch pokemon?
>>
>>31928267
>Gameplay
9/10
Pokemon formula worked the first time and still works today. Not only that but overworld movement is a lot smoother this time around.
>Level/Map design
6/10
The locations, while good looking, are not nearly as memorable and fleshed out as I'd like. Other than that they're just kinda standard and I can't really hate them for that.
8/10
Z-moves are kind of cool, by no means a redeeming quality, but still cool. However a big redeeming quality are the quality of life features, that I feel improve the gameplay and overall feel of the game greatly.
>Music + sound
8/10
Soundtrack is great and full of fine tunes and beats. Nothing close to PMD, but still really good
>Graphics
7/10
Can't say too much here. I absolutely hate it when the frames drop to 15 during double battles. Other than that, pretty good
7/10
Story wanted to be deep and meaningful but only kind of succeeded. At this point the E rating is really starting to hold the pokemon series back.
>Replay value/longevity
1/10
This just isn't the kind of game that's meant to be replayed.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.