[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gliscor thread. I'm having some troubles with him, actually.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Gliscor.full.361679.jpg (212KB, 700x780px) Image search: [Google]
Gliscor.full.361679.jpg
212KB, 700x780px
Gliscor thread.

I'm having some troubles with him, actually. Back in gen 6 I wrecked shit with him as a poison heal staller. His great bulk and typing made him nigh-unstoppable, but in gen 7 he's by far the weakest link on my team; he can't pull his own weight anymore despite running the same set as before (Toxic/Sub/Roost/EQ). Should I turn him into a Stallbreaker instead? What's the advantage of using Careful over Impish? What sets do you guys run?
>>
He is one of my favs too, but he is just now a weak lando.
In a meta where having momentum and resist a hit and hit back, having poison heal and roost does not help at all, thanks to the genie of healthy meta everyone uses ice beam. Instead, he can be an unstopable stallbreaker, which can become a sacrifice when no walls are left to bring a sweeper in.
Also fini exists, so toxic is subpar
>>
>>31928078
Yeah, drop Toxic and Sub for Knock off and Swords Dance.
Gliscor is a decent wallbreaker that doesn't get trapped by dugtrio.
>>
>>31928078
use him on baton pass teams
>>
>>31928078
I just now got a shiny gligar
>>
now the bulky swords dance wallbreaking set works best from what ive been finding
>>
>>31928078
wall breaker

he's a wall breaker

there's the problem. not that he can't wall, but drop that toxic sub for swords knock-off and nice things will happen
>>
>>31928811
I'm jelly.
Nickname it "Einhander".
>>
almost everything in the meta is prepared to take on lando, which automatically means they're prepared to take on gliscor, even lando himself carries HP ice, in addition to the power creep and UBs.

I would suggest trying him out in UU, although even then it'll be a little hard, as both of it's viable sets lose to Clef, it also loses to common things like Scizor, keldeo and mega aero.

If you want to try him in UU or stay in OU, either way the best set is the wall breaker with SD/EQ/knock/Facade.

funny enough my bro is gliscor's counterpart, weavile, who also fell out of viability this gen
>>
>>31928961
he is currently in sun and moon uu anyway
>>
File: 1477495174003.jpg (122KB, 849x774px) Image search: [Google]
1477495174003.jpg
122KB, 849x774px
>>31928961
no OP, but do you have any team on pastebin that utilizes such wall breaking Gliscor well?

here's a pic of your bro :P
>>
>>31929023
Unfortunately, no, I don't, I used to use him a lot with mega manectric back in oras, but you know, gf decided they don't want megas to be a thing anymore.

In my opinion pair him up with pokemon that appreciate wallbreaking like megagross, they both cover the ground/ice weakness to that's a plus, other than that I don't have much experience with gliscor this gen.

nice pic btw
>>
>>31928961
OP here. I'm not trying to use Gliscor in OU; I've already been there and seen that it's a totally different ballgame now. But I can't even beat supers in the battle tree with a stall Gliscor. Basically, his trick is "hope the opponent has no Ice moves" when before it was "rape everything slowly".

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm re-breeding a stallbreaker now. I don't expect him to be incredible, but just usable would be nice.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.