[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this man knocks on your door and hands you contract informing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: 885x.jpg (97KB, 885x588px) Image search: [Google]
885x.jpg
97KB, 885x588px
this man knocks on your door and hands you contract informing you that if you accept you will be the director for generation 8 on Nintendo switch, and you can make any changes you would like so long as the following things are in the game and all the items/ mechanics need to obtain them.
>all existing pokemon
>all existing types
>all existing mega evolutions
>all existing forms of pokemon, hat/cosplay pikachu is optional
>all existing Z-moves
thats it, anything else is up to you
>>
swimsuits and a giant worm pokemon
>>
>>31927913
- Add a difficulty option

- Make the gen 8 Pokemon the focus (I.E they get the new megas)

That's all I got
>>
>>31927913
revamp the battle system to be like the one in digimon world next order
PP replaced with EP(energy points)
turn based replaced with a real time system
Ep is gained over time
battles now take place in a 3d battlefield
pokemon now move and auto attack with lowest EP cost attack
Speed now determines how quickly a pokemon will attack
Priority determines the speed at which the move is used
the trainer can give the order to use a specific attack, the pokemon will use it the next time it can attack
trainers now also have the ability to order a pokemon to stay back or get closer
evasion is now a based on range, speed and wisdom

EV maximum increased from 510 to 765
Stamina Stat-The rate at which EP is generated and starting EP
Wisdom Stat-makes the pokemon smarter better Ai and better at aiming Attacks

Offensive Moves now have a range marker indicating close, mid-range, or far
Pokemon will default to the range for there cheapest move, and will use struggle if they lack the EP to attack

Z-moves retain the Ep cost and range of the base move
Mega evolution will activate prior to attacking
switching reset to default EP unless a move like U-turn is used
Baton pas now passes on EP

minimize makes the user smaller
double team makes a trail of illusion that a pokemon may aim at by accident
>>
>>31927913
haha, I really don't know
>>
>>31927913
Even more focus on story.
Dolphin Pokemon.
Owl Pokemon that is half bird.
Another sign about Battle Frontier being in construction.
Bring back all the protagonists and rivals. They are all also unbeatable.
Still no way to skip cutscenes.
Explore Ultra Space. It's nothing special.
Hyper Training now works for all levels.
Contests are back.
Plaza stays. PSS can fuck itself.
Hilbert is in a relationship with Hiker/Natsumi/don't know the English name.
Region is overall a cold one, with multiple Snow routes.
The cities are huge and has a shit ton of buildings, but you can only enter a couple of them per city.
Keep Generation 7 difficulty
Mega Red-Charizard Alpha Sun Omega Moon Z. Gets +200 BST, no Mega Stone needed to transform and special ability doubles Attack, SpA and Speed and makes all Fire/Dragon/Flying-type moves Priority.
>>
>>31927978
>digimon world next order
This game is shit after a good game like Next Order this game make me hate the digimon franchise once more time.
>turn based replaced with a real time system
CoDfag detected!
>>
>>31927978

Wow... A Wild Autist Appeared!

>revamp the battle system to be like the one in digimon world next order
Explain?
>PP replaced with EP(energy points)
Why? Literally for what purpose?
>turn based replaced with a real time system
...So you want to completely change the game design?
>Ep is gained over time
NO
>battles now take place in a 3d battlefield
....They already do?!
>pokemon now move and auto attack with lowest EP cost attack
Good fucking god, no. I'd almost be willing to have a skyrim-style pokemon game, but it having auto attacks would make me hate it.
>Speed now determines how quickly a pokemon will attack
So nothing changed here, then.
>Priority determines the speed at which the move is used
So a high priority charizard uses flamethrower quicker than a low priority one? How many fucking stats are you adding?
>the trainer can give the order to use a specific attack, the pokemon will use it the next time it can attack
So the FFXIII battle system? Fuck you, no.
>trainers now also have the ability to order a pokemon to stay back or get closer
But not full control? What's the fucking point?
>evasion is now a based on range, speed and wisdom
"Wisdom"? Another fucking useless new stat. Also: INB4 evasion-faggoting being the best way to play.

>EV maximum increased from 510 to 765
.......literally, are you dumb or just can't think?
>Stamina Stat-The rate at which EP is generated and starting EP
>Wisdom Stat-makes the pokemon smarter better Ai and better at aiming Attacks
So If I don't stack stamina, wisdom and priority at the expense of literally every other stat then I'm a fucking moron doing it wrong.
goodbye any kind of differences to ev spreads!

>Offensive Moves now have a range marker indicating close, mid-range, or far
And what is the penalty for attacking with a move that isn't the 'correct' range?

Too much stupidity for one fucking post, holy fucking shit.
1/2.
>>
File: Junichi_Masuda.png (243KB, 269x395px) Image search: [Google]
Junichi_Masuda.png
243KB, 269x395px
Haha I don't know
>>
>>31928090
>a good game like Next Order
Sorry, i wanted to say Cyber Sleuth
>>
>>31928090
turn based is one of the main reasons pokemon is dying, kids don't find turn based entertaining anymore
>>
>>31927978
>Pokemon will default to the range for there cheapest move, and will use struggle if they lack the EP to attack
Actually the only change on here I don't hate. It would turn every PVP battle into 'when do I go for the powerful move vs when do I possibly attack into a protect and have to struggle'

>Z-moves retain the Ep cost and range of the base move
So.... What's the fucking point of Z moves then?
>Mega evolution will activate prior to attacking
Just like the real game.
>switching reset to default EP unless a move like U-turn is used
So.... Switching is now God. Unless you use the dedicated switching moves, then switching is useless? What even the fuck?
>Baton pas now passes on EP
Also Stat Changes? Baton Pass is now the best move in the game.

>minimize makes the user smaller
It.... does?! What the fuck, how autistic can you be? Do you not know what minimize means?
>double team makes a trail of illusion that a pokemon may aim at by accident
Oh good, I did think that 4 FPS was a bit high for battles, as they were.

so you went from a turn-based game that can't run more than 4FPS in its battles to adding an absolute fuckton of shit by attempting to make it real time, but you successfully lowered the FPS to <1, so it's basically a slideshow again fucking anyway.
If you actually do get the job, let us know so that I can just kill myself now.
>>
>>31928131
Sauce?
My 4 and 6 year olds are currently having a blast playing final fantasies 4-9.
So I call bullshit.

>>31927981
>>31928114
I don't get it?
>>
DUDE I DON'T KNOW LMAO
>>
>>31927913
Delete everything after gen 4 except Genesect and start over.
>>
diaper beam lol
>>
>>31928384
>ITT: fags who can't even read the OP
>>
my best idea is like a harvest moonXpokemon with just a touch of the old moster rancher
>Game set in american south based region
>starts with player moving with their mom and dad to their grandparents farm.
>refresh replaced with a harvest moon like farm
>this farm is also used to grow berries, and apricorns also if the player has certain pokemon they can harvest resources form them.
>feeding pokemon now has an actual impact on their stat growth. along with other benifits
>breeding takes place at farm
>in addition to moves some abilities can be obtained through breeding on Pokemon who previously couldn't have them
>a pedigree system is implemented that makes breeding a valuable asset to the trainer.
>moving grass like in SM is now very common
>Dex nav returns
>Walking with your pokemon returns as an option to boost happiness and the affection
>pokeride remains

early game is focused close to home with helping captain like NPCs (5 or so), eventually you get to register for the pokemon league and take the standard gym challenge, gyms now scale their pokemon levels so its impossible to over level. and after the Elite 4 there is a series of Legendary trainers( basically frontier brains) to track down and face scattered throughout the region the last of whom, is your grandfather/granmother whos team is your's +10 levels and if you bring a stater they use a very old version of its final evolution who is even higher leveled, and the standard battle facility.
>>
>>31928384
It's like you cant even read

Get raped and drink bleach you cock-gobbling retarded faggot
>>
Difficulty settings, ability to pick how you progress the story, gyms leaders having different sets based on how many badges you have, post game being decent length side missions to catch legendary as well as more battle facilities, and possibly trainer classes that give bonuses to some types/Pokemon, bug catcher giving bugs an attack bonus for example.
>>
>>31928403
>>31928421
I read it but I don't give a fuck about that nip's arbitrary rules considering Sun and Moon doesn't even have all the megastones yet.

>and you can make any changes you would like so long as the following things are in the game and all the items/ mechanics need to obtain them.

Name one (1) game that's had this.
>>
>>31928347
>My 4 and 6 year olds are currently having a blast playing final fantasies 4-9
Anecdotal evidence is worthless
but look at the the rest of the video game industry most RPG devs have abandoned the turn based system and if it is used its saved for a niche "retro" title
>>
File: 1478566358284.png (268KB, 496x708px) Image search: [Google]
1478566358284.png
268KB, 496x708px
>>31927913
>>all existing mega evolutions
>>
id make mega evolution relevant again
>>
The game is based of of London/Europe.

No gyms or trials, rather the player is inducted to a Scotland Yard/Interpol style and there are 10 crimes to solve, each giving up a new rank and each a different type.

Companion game is Pokémon Colosseum 3.
>>
File: bjkn.png (92KB, 250x264px) Image search: [Google]
bjkn.png
92KB, 250x264px
>>31927978
>>
>>31927913
>thats it
all the conditions you listed were things I wouldn't plan on changing, i'm not autistic
>>
File: youcantagreeifitsnotagreeable.jpg (26KB, 218x251px) Image search: [Google]
youcantagreeifitsnotagreeable.jpg
26KB, 218x251px
>>31928514
but it does? every game has had almost every item, pokemon, etc from the past generations in its code, heck, to the point where the amount of items is baffling
>>
File: 67858485967326.png (556KB, 471x636px) Image search: [Google]
67858485967326.png
556KB, 471x636px
:,V
>>
>>31928623
But the videogame market is supply driven, not demand driven so your evidence doesn't mean anything
>>
>>31927913
>Difficulty options available from the start
>New Game+ available on competing game; all your Pokemon get brought over automatically
>Lots of story; whatever the Big New Thing is has a lot of story relevance
>A solid amount of new Pokemon
>>31929277

There.
>>
File: bvarnstrnh.png (130KB, 473x173px) Image search: [Google]
bvarnstrnh.png
130KB, 473x173px
pokémon game in the middle ages
>>
>>31927913
>Hire the guys who wrote Colosseum
>Hire the guys who balanced Colosseum
>Lets them work

Okay, I'm done.
>>
>>31928419
I'd play this
>>
>>31929767
This. I liked the fact that your starters were level 25 and 26 when you started Colosseum. It was a nice change of pace.
>>
File: 1481437317147.png (1MB, 2100x1381px) Image search: [Google]
1481437317147.png
1MB, 2100x1381px
All I want is this kind of stuff in the game
>>
>>31927913
Gen 8 takes place in the Sinjoh region. Gen 2 gets some love, also gen 4 remakes after that.
>>
For starters, I wouldn't make it on Switch.

But if I had to, I'd try getting 100 new pokemon and tell them to add gyms back.
>>
>>31929767
This can work too.
>>
>>31928054
>PSS can fuck itself
kys
>>
>all pokemon in the game
>what pokemon you will get is determinated by the language that you choose at the begining
>>
>>31929947
How could that work? You gain access on the rest in a safari zone-type area? Or you have to trade to get them all? It sounds interesting if executed right.
>>
Difficulty options
discard EXP Share
return of Move Tutors
Expand post-game drastically with new stories and battle facilities
Sequel based in Kanto, all previous game events will be adapted
Evil team will be Team Rocket, this time, they've succeeded taking over the world, control the Pokémon League, and are looking into deep space exploration via exploitation of Pokemon
>>
>>31927913
>Accuracy, Crit Rate and Evasion are now actual stats.
However, they are not OP to prevent PP stall. The absolute HIGHEST miss rate possible would be 50% even with max Evasion stat and min Accuracy stat and using a low accuracy move excluding the 0HKO moves. Most of the time excluding cases where a Pokemon is just really naturally evasive, missing will still rarely happen.

>Moves now gain experience and level up, and some moves are incompatible unless acquired this way
For example, Pound can grow into Body Slam. Take Down can level up to Double Edge. You can also cancel out of learning a higher level move if you don't like it. The moves level up very fast against high level Pokemon though so even if you don't like this mechanic, it wont be a bother as you level up to 100.

>Difficulty option and New Game+
Keep your mons, but go through Story Mode where the earliest trainers pack 3-4 level 60 mons.

>Update the type chart
Fire no longer resists Fairy
Ice resists Fairy and Flying
Rock resists Electric and itself
Ground is weak to Bug (Bugs burrow through the ground)
Normal is SE against Fairy
Steel is weak to Electric and Water (conducts electricity and rust)
Water is weak to Poison
Fairy no longer resists Bug

>Gyms return and now focus on helping teach the game mechanics through puzzles
For example, one gimmick in a gym might be to bring berries to gatekeepers that resist they move or status they are describing. Another might be a quiz show about breeding basics.

>Megas will be only given to Pokemon families with 3 members. Otherwise, candidates with 1 or 2 will be instead given regular evolutions.
>>
>>31929970
When I got the idea time ago, I just was thinking about trading. The exclusive pokemon are too few, I want they were more. But also, some pokemon must be in all "version", like starters, the legendaries, or generics.

That could be motivate the trade more than now.
>>
>>31927913
New pokemon game goes over Alola again but links to Orre for extended story
Gyms in Orre are based around strategies in battle instead of types
Island challenge is the same
Further exploration of Ultra Dimension
I want Alola -> Orre -> Ultra Dimension story
>>
>>31929405
This.
It'll be set in in PokeEngland, not so long after the firing of the ultimate weapon.
Pokemon capture mechanics will receive a massive change, since Pokeballs wouldn't have existed around that time.

Main Legendary will be based on King Arthur.
>>
>>31927913
>difficulty options, all available from the beginning
>all tutorials and hand-holding are optional
>more trainer customization options
>back to older-looking protagonists
>each past generation gets an equal amount of pandering
>extensive post game
>>
>>31927913
All mega stones and pokemon capable of mega evolution in the Dex.
Allow you to select who use exp.share
Difficulty settings (more pokemon,movesets,and items in game)
More than 8 gyms letting you choose which order but only need 8 badges
Vs. seeker
Large postgame with mons all the way in the 90's
Cross gen evolutions (10-16)
No shillmon
Tournament pokemon league
Water/fighting starter
Grass starter not getting screwed
Quadrupedal fire starter
Non-dragon pseudo legendary
Super training
Atleast one douchebag rival
Give types with lacking moves better ones
Make so powerful pokemon for weak types
100-120 new mons
More hidden bosses
Make it possible to get trade mon but it takes like honey tree amount of time
>>
>>31929205
It's really gotten absurd, and it seems like they're not slowing down, given Z crystals and the Sylvally memories. At least Z crystals have their own pocket to keep them from getting mixed in with everything else. There should be more pockets mega stones and other things, or condense items, like make just one mega stone that works for all pokemon, and just one Sylvally memory that can be set to different types.
>>
make a delta emerald, basically OR/AS done right.

-optional hard mode (not just levels are higher, stuff like swords dance -> substitute -> baton pass to a scizor or entry hazard spam, limits item use to 2 per trainer battle like gym leaders)
-unfuck the dungeons such as rayquaza's and mirage tower
-unfuck mauville (if europoors can't handle slots replace it with another game like HG/SS)
-BRING BACK THE FRONTIER JESUS CHRIST
-gym leader rematches
-use the arpillego system for berries and shit
-basically any negative change gone
-add a new route or two maybe a new city
-use gen 7's aesthetics, not that trash chibi shit
>>
no fucking water routes
>>
>>31930970
This.
>>
>>31930065
Kill yourself
>>
>>31927913
probably a scam
>slams door in face
>>
>>31928419
>the last of whom, is your grandfather/granmother whos team is your's +10 levels and if you bring a stater they use a very old version of its final evolution who is even higher leveled
there had better be build up of all the other trainers telling you how amazing they are only to find them in the starting town where you're supposed to meet this unbeatable trainer
>>
>>31927978
Yeah you just killed the company. Congrats.
>>
>>31927913
-Nerf Super Effective damage
-Increase NVE damage
-Introduce a Proficiency system in that some Pokemon are better at using certain moves over others (i.e. Starmie can get more mileage out of Bubblebeam than Hydro Pump once it masters said move and bonus damage from proficiency makes it so the damage is slightly better. However not all Pokemon can gain proficiency on the same level. This may or may not change "Technician")

-HMs are now preassigned Pokemon not active in your team. Unlike the Ride Pager, the trainer stays in their outfit.

-Costume shops in addition to boutiques.

-Changing your hair color is no longer in text, you pick from swatches now.

-Numerous hair styles. Even Joy loops for the girls.

-Return of PokeStar Studios
>>
>>31927913
Nerf most of the Gen 7 pokemon who were made solely to disrupt and shit up the competitive meta (as well as any other outlying cases; maybe set up a poll or something for suggestions from competitive players). It may make some people mad, but Gen 7 really just killed my enjoyment of the game competitively.

Buff various pokemon who are underwhelmingly weak for no real reason (I'm looking at you, Regigigas).

Better character customization; each article of clothing has ~100 options, not including color swaps. ~100 hair styles, whatever color you want. Choose your skin tone, maybe some facial adjustments as well. And for fuck's sake, give the MC more facial expressions than an empty soulless smile.

Make something similar to the "ride" system, but using your own pokemon instead of random pokemon that poof out of mid-air.

The option to walk your pokemon because it's not that fucking hard to do, especially on the Switch.

In the beginning when you're talking to the professor, they ask "How much experience have you had as a trainer?" Or something along those lines, and you'd pick from "None at all, A little, Some, A lot," and "I'm a Pokemon Master!". None at all would be about equivalent to the difficulty of Sun/Moon (which is to say, insultingly easy), A little through A lot would be mostly the same with minor level scaling between them and a decent boost to the difficulty (Trainers have properly leveled pokemon, larger, more realistic teams, generally smarter teams instead of all teams consisting of one type). I'm a Pokemon Master would be brutal, with trainers generally having higher leveled pokemon than you, teams are built around their weaknesses and most trainer pokemon hold items (at least a Sitrus Berry), to the point of the Elite 4 being competitive level difficult.

Expansive endgame goes without saying, stuff like the Battle Frontier, bonus stuff like an extra daycare, a looping running spot, etc.

A more fleshed out equivalent to Secret Bases.
>>
>>31927913

>skippable cutscenes
>A battle facility similar to the Pokemon Stadium games
>New Game+
>a non-linear setting with level scailing.
>more crossgen evolutions
>tons more minigames

That's pretty much it. Speaking of New Game+, the alternate Alola world would have been a perfect opprtunity for a form of a new game plus. It could have had buffed Totem and Kahuna battles, the E4 could have been completely different people, could have had a whole assortment of other pokemon to catch and all that jazz/ Instead, its only real use was to obtain another Box Legend. Also, why didn't they just make it evolve into the opposite box legend.
>>
>>31927913
retcon everything and start over with only the good pokemon and make the anime exactly the same animation as the kanto one now and forever
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.