[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were ultra beasts a good addition to Pokemon? Do you want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: silverfish research.jpg (72KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
silverfish research.jpg
72KB, 640x640px
Were ultra beasts a good addition to Pokemon?

Do you want to see more of them?
>>
>>31926080
yes
yes, as long as they don't eat up so much of the new dex
>>
I like the idea of heavily min-maxed legendaries.
And its a nice excuse for more bizarre designs.

Implementation in-game was clumsy though
>>
>>31926080
Good in theory, terrible execution.
Just make good mid/end-game totem battles with them and incorporate them more into the story, and THEN they will be a really good addiction.
>>
>>31926080
>how much power is needed to break a neck
not all that much
>>
>>31926080
I enjoyed that they were implemented as a series of otherworldly beasts that are this game's legends without being explicitly stated in story, it makes them fit a lot better than extraneous legends like Heatran.
Design wise, I really like them, some of my favorite legendaries so far.
>>
>>31926108
Probably is trying to avoid killing her because Phero is ridiculously strong.
>>
>>31926138
nah, she's just fast, that's where the force comes from, not brute strength like buzzwole.
>>
File: happy dance.gif (1MB, 676x510px) Image search: [Google]
happy dance.gif
1MB, 676x510px
Not really sure what they were trying to accomplish when they gave Xurkitree a ridiculous happy dance.
>>
>>31926166
Yeah that is true, but a lot of her fanart depicts her as physically powerful so the fanartists seem to be interpreting her as strong.
>>
>>31926186
>>31926166
Both her Atk and SpAtk are high, she's stronk
>>
>>31926166
She does possess a large amount of physical brute strength, there is no momentum present in her standard kicking animation (which is actually triple kick but eh.).
>>
Yes and yes.

I want them to be weirder. They were obviously holding back. Celesteela has the weirdest body plan but the most obvious inspiration.
>>
>>31926080
they're interesting as a plot device but your encounters with and capture of them in game should have been implemented differently
>individual dungeons for each UB
>more justification for multiples
>Trial esque challenges and puzzles to get to them
>wild pokemon in dungeons that are "off" as a result of exposure to ultra space (moves they don't normally learn, hidden abilities, etc) like trials, can't be caught, but if site is revisited there's a chance of finding them
>>
File: 1488053681086.png (777KB, 768x825px) Image search: [Google]
1488053681086.png
777KB, 768x825px
>>31926080

Yes and Yes
>>
>>31926245
Pokemon exposed to energy from ultra wormholes become Totem Pokemon. This is actually the officially given reason by TPC for Totem Pokemon's size and buffing ability.
>>
>>31926260
>every Pokémon in every dungeon is a totem Pokémon
W-wew
>>
>>31926268
Yeah, it's actually Wicke that tells you apparently. Same energy the UBs use to activate Beast Boost.
>"According to Wicke, their size and aura are a result of being bathed in the energy spilled from Ultra Wormholes, the same kind that the Ultra Beasts use to wield their Ability Beast Boost."
>>
>>31926080
Cool idea, terrible execution.

So as usual for Gamefreak.
>>
>>31926080

Yes

However they could've done better when you catch them
>>
>>31926245
Their dungeons should be in Ultra Space.
>Anabel says there have been reports of a small portal in Wela Volcano Park/Diglett's Tunnel
>You get there
>The portal gets bigger
>Anabel contacts you through the Rotom Dex
>You have to go in
>Go through Ultra Space Dungeon
>Catch Nihilego
The Portal would be accesible after you catch the Ultra Beast if you have the UB you caught there or the box legendary with you. There are normal Pokemon in there that entered the portal.
>>
>>31926260
huh, i didn't actually know that. maybe just incorporate the size aspect, and they have differing stats because of it? kinda like gourgeist
>>
>>31926285
Well, that explain why Lusamine's team were all totem pokemon
>>
>>31926080
Absolutely not. Terrible concept, terrible execution.

Ideally I would like them retconned out entirely but that isn't going to happen. I'm just going to have to suffer the existence of these blemishes like I have to do with Dialga, Palkia and Arceus.
>>
>>31926080
They simply are Pokémons. Nothing more. They are a great addition.
>>
>>31926331
>Dialga, Palkia and Arceus.
Fuck, i hate the concept of godlike pokemon, so stupid...
>>
>>31926312
That'd be neat for the sequel. You could actually visit ultra space and find wild "shitmon" UBs (All currently known UBs, Cosmog, etc.) while looking for their horrifying version of legendaries.
>>
>>31926331
>I'm just going to have to suffer
Or, you know, ignore them.
>>
They were an okay reference to Glitch Pokemon from the first gen.
>>
>>31926321
Do they ever explain why all of her Pokemon are pissed the fuck off when you rematch her?

Seriously, look at their faces. It can't be a result of becoming totem Pokemon, since every totem Pokemon you fought so far was was just powered up.
>>
>>31926358
But I bet you were extremely happy when Mewtwo was still the strongest pokemon. :^)
>>
>>31927347
not him, but mewtwo is not even close to having the same kind of theme as arceus and the creation trio. It's just a strong man-made mon. Those other 4 are literal gods who create and control reality.
>>
>>31927229
Yeah. Lillie mentions that it Nihilego's fusion with her activated Z-Power that exhausted her and her mons. It was probably controlling them from afar.

That said, between Nihilego and the Tapu legend, we know Z-Crystals originate in Ultra Space too.
>>
>>31926321
Now the question is why isn't your team Totem Pokemon.
>>
File: 1374830827959.jpg (63KB, 347x480px) Image search: [Google]
1374830827959.jpg
63KB, 347x480px
>tfw the current state of pokemon has the potential to have deep lore with tons of multiverse theories
>Gamefreak is too lazy to do anything with it besides a vague reference to write off why a legendary exists
>>
>>31926420
>Glitch Pokemon reference

wut
>>
>>31926166
It still would not take that much torque for pheromosa to break moon's neck
>>
yes but I wish they'd taken the opportunity to try out some wacky type combos
Nihilego is the only new one
>>
>>31926420
Explain.
>>
File: 1462976416698.gif (747KB, 408x172px) Image search: [Google]
1462976416698.gif
747KB, 408x172px
>>31926245
Nah fuck that

>Lusamine releases them
>He ultra beasts actually start wrecking havoc on the world
>You are among the few people who have proved can face up to them

>You can't go after all of them, and share the task with gladion, justifying the version exclusives.

>Fucking guzzlord nearly eats Lillie in the plot's climax, making nebbie evolve.

There we go, much better.
>>
>>31926080
I like them a lot.
>>
>>31929246
Hey you're a better writer than literally anyone at gamefreak.
Not much of an accomplishment, but there you go.
>>
>>31927229
it's the same when you activate z-power.
>>
Ultra Beast were great

hope they come back with more in the next game
>>
r8 n h8

>gen 8
>just a few more totally new ultra beasts
>UBs have genders and pre-evos
>the game's starters are UBs
>>
>>31926080
No
No
>>
>>31929323
Just wait until they get there own game in their own universe.
>>
>>31929511

Yeah I want this. 151 UBS, Pheromosa is a Route 1 shitmon, the box legends and UB Jewtwo have 1000 BST.
>>
>>31926080
No. They're just glorified legendaries that don't even fit well with most of the series design.

No. Sick of legendaries taking space on the dex and being the strongest stuff from the generation. But more will come. 100% sure that GF will bring Ultra Beasts back in Sinnoh Remakes. They already made the connection with their mythology anyways.

If you thought Pokémon God was too much than get ready for the future.
>>
>>31929444
awful trips
>>
I'd be ok with new ultra beasts, but I want to see more of ultra space

Giratina had it's own fucking universe and it was the only pokemon living in it. Ultra space is simply another dimension similar to ours; there are multiples of UBs they aren't legendaries where they come from.

Are UBs the only thing in ultra space? Do they interact with each other like pokemon in our universe or do they keep to themselves? Are there no other humans in ultra space, clearly we can survive it. What is the time ratio? There's obviously some sort of time and space, possibly universe, manipulation if we consider Annabel coming from RSE since she wasn't in ORAS so do UBs cross universes? What about time frame? Annabel obviously goes through ultra space and given the encounter with looker in ORAS I would say he went through it too.

I'd be fine with more ultra beasts if it meant more ultra space. I used to hate them, but they've really grown on me.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.