[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Volcarona the patron saint of Unovabortions? >Strong and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: 200px-Artwork637.png (37KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Artwork637.png
37KB, 200x200px
Is Volcarona the patron saint of Unovabortions?

>Strong and competitively viable but not broken
>Hyped up in the lore of the Unova region
>Amazing design but not shilled by Game Freak to any extent
>Virtually unknown with normies, even relative to other Unova Pokémon like Zekrom and Zoroark
>A very strong Bug-type from the generation renowned for introducing strong Bug-types

Now we all know who /vp/'s favorite mon might be, considering how many Unovabortions are here. Can we agree on this and see what happens when people start criticizing "based moth"?
>>
Does anyone else think Volcarona was intended to be a legendary?

It can't learn Attract... I think it was going to be a legend and therefor genderless, and they changed it at the last minute because Alder having a legendary would be kind of weird. Or for some other reason.

The way you capture it in BW is akin to a legendary, the dex places it right before the legendaries, and it's the fucking sun.
>>
My favorite gen is 5 and I think volcarona is overrated.
>>
I love volcarona, it skyrocketed in my top 3 mons, after TTar and Chomp
>>
>>31925074
I think it's just here on /vp/, I rarely see it mentioned anywhere else.
>>
>>31925012
Geez, what is with people posting these opinion pieces, without even the slightest bit of objectivity or well formed arguments about a game.
OP, why do you seek confirmation? Just be happy that you really like Volcarona... If you wanna debate, pick a topic that is actually debatable - like politics, economy and relevant stuff like that. Video games exist to entertain and I think we can all agree that Pokemon is entertaining to us. Not every Pokemon, but then again the chances for that to happen are low anyway.
>>
>>31925071
It's the Arcanine of Unova
>fire type
>"legendary status"
>high BST
>>
>>31925012
>Strong and competitively viable
>but not broken

The only thing keeping this off the train to Ubers is Stealth Rock. This thing gets far too many opportunities to setup and sweep. There hasn't been a banned poke that is SR weak and isn't part Dragon.
>>
>>31925012
He is my favorite, but please, stop spamming everywhere how good it is, I don't want my favorite to get Garchomp'd.
>>
>>31927127
>get Garchomp'd.
you mean in competitive or in popularity?
>>
>>31925136
>implying Arcanine isn't SHIT
>>
>>31925012
desu volcarona is up there with gyarados and cresselia as one of my favorite pokemon. most of gen v does nothing for me.
>>
File: _20170227_124945.jpg (19KB, 273x286px) Image search: [Google]
_20170227_124945.jpg
19KB, 273x286px
>>31925012
Also is a qt waifu
>>
>>31927174
He meant the constant posting. Chomp is one of my favorite pokemon and I'm glad many people here share that with me, but they spam it everywhere they go like starterfags and the like. Its okay to show that you like a certain pokemon or think it's the best, but just don't spam it 24/7.
>>
>>31927448
I rarely see it posted more than 2 or 3 times a week. And every time I do see it posted the entire thread is just bitching about it.

But I do see your point, and maybe I'm just not paying enough attention.
>>
My Volcarona is Modest, am I fucked?
>>
Isn't it the only viable bug type? Barring actual legendary of course
>>
>>31925416
So what you're saying is that it's not broken.
>>
>>31930122
>what is Scolipede
>>
>>31930122
Scizor
M-Pinsir
M-Bee
M-Heracross
Forretress
>>31929317
Yes, you don't wanna be outsped by scarf 90s
>>31925416
Volc has plenty of hard walls and offensive checks it cannot beat.
>>
>>31930122
>Scizors
>Buzzwole
>Pheromosa
Hell, are there even any bug legendaries to begin with?
>>
>>31930182
You mentioned two of them. Also Genesect.
>>
>>31930168
>M-Bee
>M-Heracross
>Forretress
surely you can't be serious
>>31930165
Hasn't been useful since the baton pass ban
>>
>>31930215
>surely you can't be serious
Viable doesn't mean top tier SSS+ Rank in Smogon OU. They are perfectly viable to use and you won't be fighting a 5v6 for using them.
>>
>>31925416
>There hasn't been a banned poke that is SR weak and isn't part Dragon.
Ho-oh, Arceus forms, Lugia, Shaymin-Sky, Yveltal
>>
>>31930189
UB doesn't equal Legendary. I'll give you Genesect, though.
>>
>>31925124
And yet, your post adds nothing to the conversation CLEARLY happening.
>>
>>31925012
>want to use in gen 5
>don't want to take alder bro

What do

But Yes, it is. Its not my favorite but its such a well made Pokémon that you can't really hate it.

The thing with most of gen 5 is that they're really ugly or bizarre on their looks, and I say that as an unovafag, but once you use them you'll really enjoy it because they're reliable as fuck. You just gotta give them a chance and you'll have fun.
>>
>>31930232
Only one on your list that is a viable bug wastes a mega for a wallbreaker when theres much better ways to handle it
>>
>>31925101
people on reddit talk equally high of it
>>
>>31925071
It was probably intended to be a pseudo. I remember something about a planned middle evo but they couldn't think of a good design for it. That or GF is just scared of making non dragon pseudos.
>>
>>31930258
UBs are legendaries, datamining proves that the game places them in the same category as the likes of moltres and regice. Unless you don't believe those to be legendaries either.
>>
>>31930360
>cocoon
Wow that was hard, not like psuedos don't already do that
>>
>>31930367
Why do I have a harem of bugs and no Regice harem?
>>
>>31930331
You can't be serious. Beedrill is essentially a slightly slower pheromosa who hits harder and has more coverage options

Mega heraross ws OU in gen 6, and he'll only stay in there now that talonmeme is gone.

And forretress is a great hazard setter that unlike most others has an actual offensive presence thanks to gyro ball or explosion for memes.
>>
>>31932639
Forretress has been trash in OU for ages, its outclassed as a hazard setter by Ferrothorn and as a hazard removalists by Starmie/Latios etc etc.
>>
>>31925071
>what is larbesta
>>
this stupid bug is overrated as fuck for no reason
only because uh muh high stats
its design is overdesigned shit like the rest of new gen mons.
one rock move and it's fucking dead lmao
>>
It's sad that its completely unusable in BW1, might replay BW2 just to use it ingame.
>>
>>31930430
>no cocoon middle evo since gen iii
>no non dragon pseudo since gen iii
Coinkidinkle?
>>
>>31933246
>its design is overdesigned shit like the rest of new gen mons.
So a pokemon is overdesiged if it has more than two colors? Fuck off genwunner, volcarona has a perfect design.

>>31933246
>one rock move and it's fucking dead lmao
>Volcarona used Giga Drain!
>>
>>31933315
The dragon psuedo of gen 3 has a cocoon middle stage to boot. This is a conspiracy.
>>
>>31933315
>What is spewpa
>>
>>31925012
>Now we all know who /vp/'s favorite mon might be
My favourite is Wimpod though and Gen 5 is my favourite gen
>>
Fuck everything I still think of Volcarona as a pseudo that rather than not fitting the mold it breaks it.
I mean is pseudo-legendary even an official term?
>>
>>31925012
Personally, my favourite is Excadrill. He was the stronkest non-rain sweeper in Gen 5, and still held his own when weather got nerfed. Nearly whenever I make an OU team, even today, I include a Sash Mold Breaker Excadrill.

Sadly, he gets completely wrecked by le balanced sand genie, but I still like her.
>>
>>31934738

>he
>her
>>
>>31934723
yes, it is a fan term, one backed with game information and patterns being repeated across all games and generations, and of which volcarona is not part of.
>>
>>31934723
No, it's a fan term used by retards who think Dragonite equivalents are a category of special Pokémon rather than regional equivalents like regional birds, rodents, bugs etc.
>>
File: confused poillio.png (143KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
confused poillio.png
143KB, 540x540px
>>31936508
>Tyranitar
>Metagross
>Regional Dragons
>>
>>31936508
They are regional equivalents, 'psudo legendary' is just the name. It's because Dragonite and Tyranitar are in the middle of the legendaries in their respective dexs: after the sub- trio and before the box legends, but they're normal pokemon.
>>
>>31936508
I have no idea what you're sperging about, pseudos ARE regional variants, they are just called "pseudo legendaries" instead of "regional X" since their theme is much less consistent and more stat based.
>>
>>31925124
Welcome to /vp/, you chose to click the thread
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.