[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>create 4 Grass/Ghost pokemon with neat designs >they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: 4.png (706KB, 880x908px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
706KB, 880x908px
>create 4 Grass/Ghost pokemon with neat designs
>they're all shit
Th-thanks gamefreak
>>
>>31923633
Don't forget to make them all slow, physically defensive (bar decidueye) physical attackers
>>
>create 4 grass/ghost pokemons
>in 2 fucking generations in a row
>they're all slow
>they're all phisically defensive
>they're all phisical attackers

I'm pretty sure grass/ghost is the new gamefreak meme after fire/fighting, expect more in gen 8.
>>
decidueye is good tho
>>
Gourgeist isn't slow.
>>
>>31923633
6 Pokemon, two of those have pre-evolutions
>>31923692
It can be.
>>
>>31923633
Decidueye is not shit, it has a shit design to compensate though
>>
>>31923706
>two of those have pre-evolutions
Three actually
>>
Name one (1) Grass Pokemon that isn't also part Steel that isn't worthless
>>
>>31924010
Venusaur
Sceptile
Shaymin
Breloom
Amoongus
Tangrowth
Victreebel (I-it's a good sun sweeper)

Blow it out your ass
>>
>>31924010
mega sceptile bigboy look at how cool that mon is
>>
>>31923633
Why did Gourgeist get dumpstered, anyway? I seem to recall it being slatted for UU at the very beginning of XY, and it seemed to be quite versatile, but then I turn around and it's NU.

>>31924010
>what is venusaur
>>
>>31924010
shaymin, celebi-kinda, breloom, venusaur, contrary serperior, tangrowth i could go on but this is boring
>>
File: SKYMIN.png (32KB, 319x298px) Image search: [Google]
SKYMIN.png
32KB, 319x298px
>>31924010
Hi
>>
>Learns forest's curse
>Has one move super effective vs grass
>Its not stab
JUST
>>
>>31923633
Remember when Trevenant was meta for a while? Good times.
>>
>>31923633
Decidueye is good. He was the least relevant player in my tournament team, but when he did hit the field he put it some solid work. Useful typing, partnered well with some of my other members.
>>
>>31924090
>Why did Gourgeist get dumpstered, anyway? I seem to recall it being slatted for UU at the very beginning of XY, and it seemed to be quite versatile, but then I turn around and it's NU.

Literally no moves and the moves it does have are all low base power
>>
>>31923633
>tfw Z-Trick or Treat will never work because Gourgeist has no Shadow Claw
>>
>>31923633
>Gourgeist
+give it Flash Fire (lose Pick Up upon evolution) so it can actually try to use Fire moves (Flame Charge?)
+give it Growth and Moonlight
>Trevenant
+exchange Frisk for Reckless
+learn Moonlight, Hammer Arm, and Swords Dance
>Decidueye
+give it and all the Gen 7 starters a Mega...eventually
>Dhelmise
+New abilities: Water Absorb and Heavy Metal
+learn Stealth Rocks, Haze, Synthesis, Aqua Ring and Baton Pass (it really needs more moves in general)
>>
>>31924220
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-539264966
It can be used for memes in Doubles though
>>
>>31924370
That's forest's curse, anon.
>>
>>31924339
>Give it and all the Gen 7 mons moves
FTFY
>>
>>31923633
>Trevanant with it's HA becomes unkillable physical wall.
>Gourdgeist is the only grass type to learn a fire type attack.
>Delmise has, functionally, three STABs, and a move pool to use them all.
>Never really tried archer boid.

Sincerely, Grass Monotype gym who had to seriously consider which of these three goes on team. (Tree won.)
>>
>>31924370
Two things

LOW ELO and if you let them setup on you like that you deserve to lose.
>>
>>31923633
Ash-Decidueye!!! when
>>
Trevenant and Decidueye can be used all the way up in OU.
>>
>>31923667
>Decidueye
>Physically defensive
>>
>>31924874
Never because neither starter will evolve and Ash-Lycanroc will be the shillmon
>>
>>31924090
1. Poor base power moveset.
2. No move synergy of note.
3. "Sizes" only effect HP, Atk, Spd.
4. Best moves it learns are special. It always has a meager 58 SpA
5. Not bulky enough to be a trick room support type, not physically threatening enough to be a sweeper.
>>
File: 1478073078866.jpg (379KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1478073078866.jpg
379KB, 1200x1000px
>>31923633
I want Gourgeist to give me a passionate sappy blowjob
>>
>>31925215
Same but Dhelmise
>>
File: 711-Gourgeist[1].png (81KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
711-Gourgeist[1].png
81KB, 250x300px
>>31924090
>>31924218
>>31925096
I am going to share a secret with /vp/, which is that Gourgeist is actually pretty good in UU, although I've only been able to make it work with a specific set. I've even used it in OU with mixed results.

85/100/122/58/75/54 is by no means terrible. It's basically a Weezing (65/90/120/85/70/60) with a shittier typing, but more HP.

I run:
Frisk
@Leftovers
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Phantom Force
-Whatever... usually Seed Bomb

So it can only work with the meme subseed set, but it does it very well. You basically have to play smart with it.

You're probably laughing at Phantom Force but for Gourgeist, it WORKS. You WANT that turn where you disappear, because that gives you an extra turn for leftovers and leech seed to work their magic.
Your opponent needs to deal at least 25% of damage consistently in order to break your sub, but sometimes that's difficult to do when you have an extra turn to heal while taking bits of their health at the same time.

You send Gourgeist in, and 90% of the time they'll switch out, and you use Substitute. This is a huge deal because now whatever they switched in has to either take a Leech Seed or a Seed Bomb, after which you can just switch Gourgeist out if you need to.

The crux of the set for the most part is that it just plain cannot take an Ice Beam, or a Dark Pulse, or anything like that. If you can avoid that and Toxic, you should be good. That's why Substitute is so important for it. It gives it almost free rein to do whatever it wants.

>>31924339
These are good... I never wanted Gourgeist to lose Pickup because that's too fitting for a Halloween mon, but I guess it makes sense it'd lose it upon evolving. Moonlight would be great and it should really get Perish Song considering its dex.
>>
>>31924003
Preevs of one of these aren't grass/ghost.
>>
>>31923633
>weak to dark
>ghost only negates poison, not any other crippling grass weaknesses
I WONDER WHY THEY ARE ALL SO BAD???
>>
>>31924010

arceus-grass
>>
>>31923633
here, i'll make a good grass/ghost pokemon right now
>dullahan
>disembodied head is a pumpkin with a cute smile
>body is wearing some fancy green cloak
>fuckload of vines
you guys can come up with stats. i'm not really good in competitive. oh and give it a name and give it a visual design maybe
>>
>>31925349
What about will-o-wisp instead of seed bomb? the disappearing turn of phantom force stacks damage like crazy if the foe is seeded AND burned.

Also, not many physical attackers can really touch gourgeist once burned, your sub could last longer. I don't know just how necessary seed bomb is in this set however, so dunno which one is better
>>
>>31925457
Well ghost also negates the bug weakness, but that's about it so yeah.
>>
>>31926137
Seed Bomb's just the move that's been the most consistently reliable for me. Will-o-Wisp is nice but Gourgeist's physical bulk is already fine. It can take something like a Fire Punch without much problem. Plus, since you're already throwing out Leech Seeds, burns are kind of redundant, and I don't like dealing with the mind games of having to guess whether to use one or the other.

Phantom Force is also walled by Normal types, and it DOES take two turns... You just kinda need something that deals immediate damage when you need it. Its attack stat is good enough for it.
I've used Flame Charge before and it kind o worked on occasion, but unfortunately its base power really just isn't high enough.

Things also love to use Knock Off against it, but Gourgeist can usually take the hit and I usually have someone with Justified on my team, or something.

You can run Shadow Sneak over Phantom Force but you do you.
>>
>>31925232
But Dhelmise doesn't have a mouth.
>>
>>31923633
Anon GF never has and never will understand what makes a good pokemon. That or they don't care but concidering they though that Aegislash was balanced I dought that. What is good is good out pure luck
>>
>>31923633

>Only one gets shadow sneak.
>>
>>31929275
We'll make it work, love knows no bounds.
>>
>>31929275
It is seaweed, it can shape itself into an onahole.
>>
>>31925349
I often pitched the gimmicky idea of running Sticky Barb over Leftovers and giving it Trick over Substitute and WoW instead of Seed Bomb, but I like your idea too. I'm still disappointed that a Jack-o'-Lanturn pokemon is not only poor with fire attacks but weak against them.
>>
>>31923649
>>31923667
>Thinking dead plants should be fast in any way

Still quicker than railgun bug though.
>>
>>31923633
The only one that's truly terrible is trevenant. The other three are just mediocre.
>>
>>31923633
I'd fuck a Gourgeist
>>
File: tumblr_ognucgVNge1tix1d5o1_1280.png (192KB, 592x823px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ognucgVNge1tix1d5o1_1280.png
192KB, 592x823px
>>31923633
I find dhelmise works fine in UU, don't get all the shit it gets. Haven't had much experience with it but decidueye seems fine there as well.

Real shame about about trevenant and gourgeist. Great designs but god are those stats and movepools sad, especially gourgeist.
>>
>>31924160
Was that the poke who was, at some point, in all tiers during Gen 6?
>>
>>31923633
>Ghost type that can rapid spin and serve as a leech seeder which is more than fucking trevanant and that pumpkin one could ever serve to accomplish
Fuck outta here
>>
File: 1477975675914.png (620KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477975675914.png
620KB, 600x600px
I absolutely love all 4 of them, it's a shame they're not better. Trevenant line is probably my favorite.
>>
>>31930916
>>31930916
Now for uu which is the only tier i no longer need to use spiritomb for spin blocking and stoise for spinning. I dont use defog cuz its faggotory and i like setting up hazards on the opponents but not having any on myside.
>>
>>31929308
>Dought
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.