[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should the "new pokemon only until post game" rule

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Ace.png (7KB, 228x266px) Image search: [Google]
Ace.png
7KB, 228x266px
Should the "new pokemon only until post game" rule be the standard in future games?
>>
That was one of the best decisions GF ever made. Shame they abandoned the idea.
>>
>>31907328
Absolutely.
>>
>>31907328
Only if GF utilizes it better than in the first gen 5 games. There were a fuckton of lines that were either confined to one area (not including postgame locations), evolved at too high of a level to be useful, or were blatantly reused archetypes of already existing mons. Which is a shame in the case of the first two, because there are a lot of Unova mons that could've been great if they were actually usable in game.
>>
>>31907328

Yes
>>
>>31907328
Yes, but normies will ensure that it never happens again.
>>
>>31907328
definitely
BW were my favorite because of this
>>
No, but encounter rate should be about 75% new Pokemon, 25% old Pokemon before post-game.
>>
>>31907406
this is probably the main reason normies hate gen 5
>>
>>31907328
Yes. Nice to see this thread has a healthy sense of adventure.
>>
>>31907328
The main reason I preferred BW1 to BW2. I don't think it should apply to all games in the future, but the ratio should be at least what >>31907441 said at the very least.
>>
yes
they have to make more than 70 new Pokémon for it to work though
>>
I'm fine with old Pokemon, as long as they're Pokemon nobody used in their own generation due to being too late in the game or too rare. I really like it when something like Dunsparce or Tyrogue is thrown at you during the point where you're still building your team.
>>
>>31907328

No because it just leads to gamefreak creating a ton of new Pokémon that are just poor clones of old Pokémon.
>>
>>31907458
This is actually one of the main reasons people shit on gen2
>>
>>31907348
To be fair, they started introducing less Pokemon per gen after gen V.
>>
>>31907328

only every once in a while. Like for Gen 8, I wouldn;t mind new pokemon only, but every time would mean that enemy teams would lack in variety and you;d be facing the same rodent shitmons for half the game.
>>
Absolutely. Seeing old Pokémon you've already caught in a paddedout dex just means spamming repels and not exploring for new Pokémon to catch. You should WANT as many new Pokémon as possible
>>
It worked in Gen V because it was a new and exciting idea, and they had the numbers to back it up. It won't work now that we have smaller numbers of Pokemon, and old Pokemon would allow for more variety of types. Kalos only introduced 3 Bug Pokemon, but it had Bug Pokemon from other generations to pick up the slack.

I feel that a mix of old and new would be good, especially if the older Pokemon are ones that are often neglected. No one wants to see Memebat every single game.
>>
>>31908778
This, I think Hoenn handled the balance of new/old Pokemon well (at least if you ignore the Zubats/Golbats and the Tentacool). It included gen 2 Pokemon that were pretty much neglected (like Slugma, Skarmory and Corsola), so much so that many people actually believed they were new gen 3 Pokemon for a long time.
>>
New Pokemon should make up at least 50% of the regional dex.
>>
>>31907328
No, I like having a mix of old and new Pokemon

I just don't want the former to be more abundant than the latter

If the ratio of old-new Pokemon is more than 50-50 then there is something wrong with the dex
>>
Yes, but on the condition that:

>species are distributed across areas evenly to keep things fresh rather than have the regional shitrodent in every area
>there are less Gen1 redux designs
>>
Yes. Love B/W because of they fucked off with having old shitmons every route.
>>
>>31910496
Bump
>>
I don't think ever Pokemon has to be absolutely new, but I'm not in the mood to use old ass mons in my new game. Other trainers having old Pokemon is good for knowing what you're up against sometimes, but I despise having to use old Pokemon because they've made like one fucking new Ground type or Dark type
>>
>>31907348
>That was one of the best decisions GF ever made. So naturally, they abandoned the idea.
>>
>>31907328
Yes, but with even more lines available. Seeing how many lines are missing from the dex is fucking triggering. The WHOLE eevee line is missing ffs.
>>
File: 1315357095614.png (112KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
1315357095614.png
112KB, 320x400px
>>31907328
Why the FUCK would you want LESS VARIETY during the gameplay?
I'll never understand you faggots.
Holy shit.
Lynch yourselves immediately.
>>
>>31910642
Didn't you heard the news? GF doesn't care about quality
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.