[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It might just be me, but does Hydreigon feel like the least advertised

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 855.jpg (310KB, 2200x1256px) Image search: [Google]
855.jpg
310KB, 2200x1256px
It might just be me, but does Hydreigon feel like the least advertised of the pseudos, or the most forgetable? Kommo-o doesn't count since it's too new to say.
>>
Because it's gen5. Gamefreak hates gen5.
>>
According to some magazine polls, it was the most popular Unova Pokemon among boys in Japan. It also got on the box of a spin-off.
>>
>>31905838
>Decided to give Gen 5 its first mega in ORAS
>Could've chosen from any of the actual popular ones like Volcarona or Hydreigon
>Could've chosen Chandelure since it's actually very popular in Japan
>GF exec: "OK a mega for Gen 5...ah fuck it, no one likes Gen 5 so we'll just give it to a random one like...that shitty not-Chansey that's only good for exp farming
>>
File: 382.jpg (69KB, 718x718px) Image search: [Google]
382.jpg
69KB, 718x718px
>>31905827
The biggest flaw are the heads, the main one looks like a stupid flower and doesn't look menacing despite being a dark type hydra

The other two look like puppets, it should stayed as a 4 legged dragon.
>>
I'd say its way more popular than goodra, tyranitar and dragonite.

Something like this:
Chomp > metagross > salamance > fairy food > everything else
>>
>>31905838
>Hates gen v
>When more characters appear than Gen 2
>>
>>31905926
Gen 2 is pretty much just an extension of Gen 1 so it's more popular by default.
>>
>>31905913
Are you sure? Dragonite is the OG, and Ttar is loved for a number of diverse reasons.
>>
>>31905838
Gamefreak loves gen 5 and passively shows it in newer games.
The problem is any fans of the series before gen 5 hated it for whatever reason, which is a shame since BW2 were some of my favorites.
Although I never used a Hydreigon, except for catching an underleveled wild one in Y.
>>
File: 1368783143903.jpg (51KB, 402x584px) Image search: [Google]
1368783143903.jpg
51KB, 402x584px
>>31906064
>Gamefreak loves gen 5 and passively shows it in newer games.
>>
File: hydreigon.jpg (85KB, 530x300px) Image search: [Google]
hydreigon.jpg
85KB, 530x300px
>>31905827
>>
>>31905827
Hydregion, Chomp and T-Tar are my too 3 pesudos. I do have to agree that it's the least advertised.

D-nite and T-tar are the og. So of course they're memorable. Salamence while plain, is a perfect European Dragon. Dragons are cool. Also has that croissant meme. M-Gross and Chomp are used two of the most popular champions male/female. Goodra is popular for being Ash's first fully evolved pseudo. Ashnime especially XY saga is popular. Kommo-o is to be determined.
>>
>>31905913
>I'd say its way more popular than goodra, tyranitar and dragonite.
Doubt it, dragonite is the original, goodra has the ashinime, ad tyranitar is probably the second more popular just bellow garchomp
>>
>>31905827
Goodra.
>>
>>31906411
>croissant meme

Does this nigga seriously not know who Devilman is
>>
>>31905873
The only thing wrong with mega audino is it's ability. Swap healer with regenerator and it's perfect but noooo. Game freaked again.
>>
>>31905827
hydreigon is one of the most memorable unova pokemon to me
>>
>>31905838
Well Japan loves Chandelure.
>>
Dragonite - Lance
Salamence - Drake/Zinnia
Metagross - Steven
Garchomp - Cynthia
Hydreigon - Ghetsis/Iris
Goodra - Diantha

That leaves Tyranitar and Kommo-o, without a trainer. I know that Blue has a Tyranitar in his rematches and Kommo-o is used by Ryuki in his challenger match but other unlike the others they don't make major trainer appearances before post-game.
>>
>>31906411

I keep forgetting Ash has a Gible at Oak...Of course he would not want the best pseudo for battling. You would think after getting wrecked by Tobias, he would try to get a Garchomp.
>>
I skipped BWB2W2 so Hydreigon ended up feeling like a Kalos pseudocounterpart to Goodra, comparable to the way Hoenn has Metagross *and* Salamence.

Hydreigon is pretty cool, I like him.
>>
>>31910173
>Mega Audino gets Triage
Did I fix it?
>>
>>31905827
Goodra is way less prominent. The anime is pretty much the only way he's "advertised".

Honestly, I think Kommo-o is on his way to joining Goodra at the bottom of the pseudo-legend barrel. He's just really not great.
>>
>>31910318

Kommo-o does have the totem though. It wasn't hard, but neither was Diantha.
>>
>>31910178
Same here.I don't like Gen V,but man,Volcarona and Hydreigon have some great-ass designs.
>>
>>31910318
Did Diantha have a Goodra? I associate it more with Shauna, but I barely remember Diantha's team in general aside from her Mega Gardevoir.
>>
>>31911561
Yeah Diantha had one. Full team:
Hawlucha
Gourgeist
Tyrantrum
Aurorus
Goodra
M-Gardevoir
>>
>>31911628
Christ, no wonder I couldn't remember her team. What Champion uses a fucking Gourgeist?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.