[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>b-but the Switch can't fit in my pocket! I-It isn&#

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

File: nw_079_episode_banner__large[1].jpg (110KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
nw_079_episode_banner__large[1].jpg
110KB, 1000x562px
>b-but the Switch can't fit in my pocket! I-It isn't a real portable console!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1erRTPsqso

so what's your excuse for not wanting mainline Pokemon games on the switch again? Poorfags need not apply.
>>
i don't have enough space, my dick is too big
>>
why are you trying to shill your shit here
go back to /v/
>>
>barely fits in jeans with huge pockets
>doesn't allow anything else to fit in said pocket
Fits my ass.
>>
Am I on /v/?
>>
>>31905647
so just like the 3DS XL
>>
Oh boy I can't wait for the next mainline game to have EVEN LESS content than the 3DS ones because dude HD lmao

>>31905716
>owning an XL
>>
>>31905593
What the fuck are those pockets? My pockets don't contain a new fucking dimension, jesus christ.
>>
>>31905593
Yeah it fits. Maybe if you buy your jeans at Costco or Menards, but for people who don't want to look like shit, it's kinda hard. Also, Paid online is my main issue.
>>
>>31905807
>>31905781
You two do know that there are other types of jeans beyond skinny jeans right?
>>
>>31905739

>NOT owning an XL
>>
>>31905781
Those are normal fitting jeans, not your skinny homo cock sucking jeans.
>>
>>31905593
>b-but the Switch can't fit in my pocket! I-It isn't a real portable console!

I stopped putting handhelds in my pocket ages ago. They get scuffed.

Backpack's safer.
>>
>>31905593
A 300 dollar console is not and will never be the ideal place for a game like Pokemon, that relies on as much people owning it as possible. SM has most likely already outsold the number of WiiUs.
>>
File: 1483159015241.gif (67KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483159015241.gif
67KB, 446x400px
>>31905910
>everyone on /vp/ has a penis
>>
>>31906434
>that relies on as much people owning it as possible.
which is why it's great that they're removing dedicated handhelds and letting everyone play on the same console. :)
>>
>>31905593
girls don't get pockets though
also this is just a tablet i don't really like it i hope they sell a handheld only non-switch version cos i dont want that tv garbage
>>
>>31906455
Buy some practical jeans then. No one wants to see your boney ass in those skinny jeans anyway.
>>
>>31906496
>girls don't get pockets though
so they'll run into the same problem regardless of what system it is.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 284x339px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 284x339px
>>31906455
I'm so, so, sorry in advance for what is about to happen. Trolls are going to come into the thread and they will be saying some very hurtful things about you. They will call you some very hurtful names. But none of those things are true. How could they possibly know? How could they possibly know how beautiful you really are? How sweet and compassionate you are? I'm so sorry about them, please do not let them hurt you.

>mfw thinking about you hurting

I just want to see you shine and flourish. You are so precious to me. I want to write poetry and sing songs about my love and adoration for you and all of your perfections. My name is Brian, by the way. I know that you're tired of all the assholes and jerks. I know how you feel baby doll. I know. I am different. I am the nicest guy you will ever meet, and if anything I'll be the one in the kitchen. I live in London. Please be in London.
>>
>>31906434
im sure if they make it the handheld theyll do a handheld only version instead of just forcing people to buy a console (which isn't going to work) which will be cheaper
>>
>>31906496
Use your purse or buy boy jeans.
>>
>>31906476
>he thinks that leeching on the 3DS success is a good idea

If the Switch fails (it will),nintendo will have NOTHING. Can't wait for the emergency 4DS reveal.
>>
>>31906476
Do you think everyone will buy a console because there is no handheld? People who buy 3DS' for a hundred dollars wont magically buy a switch because they're forced to, they'll just buy a new cellphone.

The Switch is a portable console, but so far is in no way a handheld replacement outside the portability, which is only one aspect of it.

And even Nintendo knows this, since they've pretty much said so

>>31906519
Im expecting a handheld only Switcch in 2019

>>31906517
meme
>>
>>31906534
>Do you think everyone will buy a console because there is no handheld?
the switch is a handheld.

>they'll just buy a new cellphone.
which they would do anyway if nintendo released another shitty handheld.

>>31906532
>(it will)
LOL
>>
>>31906434
3DS launched with a 250$ price tag.
>>
>>31906609
And it flopped even harder than the Wii U until they cut the price.
>>
>>31906609
And it wasn't met with as much popularity as the Switch.
But do you expect anyone on the /v/ offshoot boards to remember that?
>>
>>31906555
No, if Nintendo releases a 3DS successor with all that entails, people will buy it to play their games. The average consumer will not see a 300 dollar console with 60 dollar games, 80 dollar controllers, 2 to 6 hours of battery life and games designed for long play sessions over short bursts as a replacement for their $60 dollar 2DS.

It's not as easy as "oh you can move around with it so it's the same"

>>31906609
And it flopped until they lowered it? Yes, I know.
>>
>>31906631
Because the Switch is seen as a home console.
>>
>>31906621
Flopped if you compare it to the DS.
>>
>>31906634
>people will buy it to play their games
you mean just like the switch?

>The average consumer will not see a 300 dollar console with 60 dollar games, 80 dollar controllers, 2 to 6 hours of battery life and games designed for long play sessions over short bursts
This problem exists regardless because of phones. Making a new dedicated handheld is dumb idea. A 3DS XL costs $200. A new version of that would cost at least that much. It wouldn't be comparable to a 2DS.
>>
Women's jeans having small pockets is a move by the fashion industry to entice the purchase of purses and handbags.

Pretty scummy really.
>>
>>31906649
Not even, its launch window was a disaster period, like the Wii U. Only the 3DS got a price cut to save it and the Wii U didn't because Nintendo refused to sell the thing at a loss and the Gamepad supposedly added too much to the manufacturing costs.
>>
File: donald_trump17.jpg (212KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
donald_trump17.jpg
212KB, 620x412px
>>31905593
Why the flying fuck do people wouldn't want the Switch to cover both handheld and console games? One system is cheaper than two and Nintendo's time and resources can now be focused on a single device which allows more games to be produced for it. Having a "true handheld successor" would kill the Switch by nullifying the portable feature of the system. Pokemon on the Switch would be great since it's far superior to the 3DS in raw power (remember those framerate dips in SM with double battle?).
>>
>>31906753
There are 60 million 3DS owners and 15 million Wii U owners.

Wii U owners who never bought a 3DS get a new console that can play all the stuff they missed out.

3DS owners who never bought a Wii U get to pay twice as much to get the console they were content with because Ninty cant get enough people to make games for consoles.

There is zero benefit to handheld only owners, which is a much larger portion of the fanbase and always has been.
>>
>>31906686
> A 3DS XL costs $200
and a smaller, cheaper one exists. And that's still ignoring the different prices for the average game, and the accessories. A Dedicated handheld does not need to be more powerful than a Wii U. There is no reason for it to cost that much. And the problem is much different with Switches than regular handhelds, because of the less options and higher prices.

>you mean just like the switchsee above

Making a new dedicated handheld is a dumb idea in your eyes for the same reasons that the handheld crowd wont be jumping on the Switch.

>>31906689
This, I know at least
>>
>>31906802
3DS is near death (seriously this year's amount of games announced is abysmal)
It had a nice run of 6 years
DS had 7
>play all the stuff they missed out.
Yeah, there's no backwards compatibility
>>
>>31906802
"There is zero benefit to handheld only owners, which is a much larger portion of the fanbase and always has been."
Besides the graphical overhaul, the act of actually owning a console on top of that, and the allowance of more games for you to play and enjoy?
Are you really this fucking stupid? If anything the Handheldfags get more bang for their buck.
>>
>>31905593
my only problem with the switch is how much extra wall chargers cost

also, take your consolewar shit back to >>>/v/
>>
>>31906871
Two of your positives are:
-graphics
-"owning a console"
Yeah, how silly of me, you're absolutely right
>>
>>31906838
>and a smaller, cheaper one exists
A new dedicated handheld wouldn't be a "smaller, cheaper one." It would be more expensive because of higher specs. Just like the Switch. Which your average joe STILL wouldn't buy because phones exist. And they can still get Nintendo games because Nintendo has started making games for phones already (HMMMM I WONDER WHY THEY WOULD DO THIS IT'S ALMOST AS IF THEY'RE NOT PLANNING ON ANY MORE DEDICATED HANDHELDS)

>And that's still ignoring the different prices for the average game, and the accessories
handheld quality games can just get a lower price. accessories aren't any more necessary for Switch's handheld mode than they are for the 3DS. And by the time it would take for them to even shit out a new handheld the Switch is probably going to get a price drop or a cheaper new model anyway.
>>
>>31905593
ya i really just dont want to buy another handheld plus it looks like the shit gets like 10 fps

i dont care about hd just make it run smoother
>>
>>31906802
Do you want sluggish double battles to still be a thing?
The 3DS would've gotten replaced anyways.
>pay twice
It also launched with a $249 price tag
>>
>A new dedicated handheld wouldn't be a "smaller, cheaper one." It would be more expensive because of higher specs.
Im sure that the prices of parts has gone down enough for Nintendo to make a handheld that costs the same as handhelds usually do. I mean, they went down enough for them to make a tablet stronger than the Wii U.

>>31906863
>the Switch is probably going to get a price drop or a cheaper new model anyway.
Im not sure if you realise but I expect this to happen. A cheaper model that prioritizes handheld play. My only argument is Ninty has to do something specifically for the handheld market as there s no way the Switch will draw them in it's current state.
>>
>>31906970
It doesnt matter because even if Pokemon moves to the Switch, it is definitely getting one more 3DS game this year.

>It also launched with a $249 price tag
>>31906693
>>
>>31905593
>>31906968

not to mention i can get literally every pc game on the planet for either free or <$20 legally unless i want to play multiplayer on a blizzard game, in which case i get potentially thousands of hours for the price of a single 3ds game

just isn't worth it im not going to drop money for this garbage anymore
>>
>>31905593
I can't squat with something that fuckhuge in my pocket
>>
>>31906977
Then get the games the handheld market likes
Shouldn't that be enough?
It's already getting Fire Emblem next year
>>
>>31906555
>LOL
lol what? Remember how the 3DS tanked hard with a price of 250$ and 40$ games? What makes you think that the Switch has any chance, costing 300$, with 60$ games and paid online?

>but it's a console too!
A pretty shitty console. What a success the Wii U was.
>but it's also a handheld!
So was the Vita. Expensive, low battery life and with little games, reminds you of something?
>but it's both at once!
So it's a double failure. People will be making lines to buy something that fails at both things!

It's time Switchfags stopped being delusional. Gen 8 won't release on it.
>>
>>31907178
>double failure
>When Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey are coming out in the first year
>When the marketing has been leagues ahead of the Wii U
>>
>>31907178
>lol what? Remember how the 3DS tanked hard with a price of 250$ and 40$ games?

it had fuck all games close to its launch and its specs were shit. The Switch has Zelda on launch and Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, and a new 64-esque Mario in its first 8 months.

>A pretty shitty console. What a success the Wii U was.
The Wii U was shit because it had a tacked on annoying gimmick. The Switch has a gimmick but it's actually to make gameplay better and it's completely ignorable, unlike the Wii U.

>So was the Vita
Unlike the Vita it will have games other than weeb games.

>Gen 8 won't release on it.
Yes it will. Stay poor, poorfag.
>>
>>31907229
>>31907178
It will succeed because of the console aspect of things, As apure handheld it would have been a massive failure for the reasons other anon mentioned.

The Switch is a bad handheld. It's draw is not having to stop playing between trips to a friend's house, but certainly not the full handheld experience.

>>31907241
>le poorfag xD
the majority of consumers will be poorfags. Especially in countries where a console can cost a thousand dollars.
>>
>>31907296
>the majority of consumers will be poorfags

doesn't matter to Nintendo.
>>
>>31907296
>It's draw is not having to stop playing between trips to a friend's house
If its draw relies on people being so addicted to vidya that they can't stop playing, then it's doomed to fail.

>>31907241
>Zelda on launch
Zelda isn't relevant anymore. It can't even break 5m copies.

> Mario Kart, Splatoon 2
More ports

> 64-esque Mario in its first 8 months.
The ONE system seller will take 3/4 of a year to release. Think of the implications of that.

You're relying so much on things going perfectly right. Almost reminds me of the Wii U. "It'll have good games, I swear!"

>Yes it will. Stay poor, poorfag.
So you're just baiting. Good to know; enjoy your pretty paper weight.
>>
>>31907798
PS4 sold a crap ton on launch through hype alone
Also
>Zelda
>Not relevant
>When it was the biggest game last E3 with massive lines of people wanting to play
>>
>mainline game on a console
>>
>>31905854
who the fuck buys jeans at menards
>>
>>31908118
People on E3 are enthusiasts and we all know by now that casuals are the ones moving units.

The PS4 got a lot of help from Microsoft (you can borrow games XDDD look) and it's a natural progression for PS3 owners. Convincing a 3DS owner to spend so much on a Switch with a game won't be easy, especially since it lacks the dual screens and the 3D feature.

I can imagine a Switch lite being a thing, but a 4DS is a much safer bet to get all those 3DS owners before they bring their business elsewhere.
>>
>>31905607
Use your other dick, I mean pocket!
>>
>>31905647
>3ds fitting in jean pockets
>>
What's it called when you kind of really like a thing and wish it the best even if you don't plan on buying it at all? because that's me and the Switch, most people are one extreme or the other though.
>>
>>31908118
>Zelda
>not relevant

Huh.
>>
>>31905593

>don't release game on the console because it's not fitting the pocket...

>backpacks or other bags do not exist
>>
Important question,
When Pokemon eventually shifts over to the switch, will the Pokemon Bank yearly cost dissolve into the Online subscription of the Switch?
>>
>>31910034
I hoped so, it would help make the subscription better value.
But I doubt it.
>>
>>31905593
Wanting is not the problem.
I want a good mainline pokemon game in a home console. But pokemon doesnt really work without being a handheld experience.
I can see a spinoff like Colosseum happening though.
>>
>>31910034
It should.
>>
>>31905593
I will never support paid online.
>>
File: clinton_laughing.jpg (10KB, 450x355px) Image search: [Google]
clinton_laughing.jpg
10KB, 450x355px
>people play pokemon in public
>>
>>31905593
You can be happy about Pokemon going to Swiych all you want

However... you're assuming GF is able to do great games on a big console when they proved they have issues with 3ds

If you're ready to lose even more content in return for better graphics then sure, be happy
>>
I don't want to have to pay just to trade pokemon online.
>>
Game Freak have mlre brain than the people think.Are waiting to see how the switch boat sinks or not, possibly while they are sunbathing on the beach laughing at how games like the new zelda have limited success after so much time of development.
>>
It's surprisingly compact without the joycons, not much bigger than a 3DS XL or a Vita. I have both but I'd hate for something to happen to the screen on my Vita so I put it in a case or in my bag. I hope there's a Switch case.
>>
>>31905647
So shove it in your ass lmao
>>
>>31910233
>I don't want to have to pay just to trade pokemon online.
This.
Also because it prevents families from playing together.

It's fine for *only* children, but no parent in their right mind is gonna buy two (or more) identical home consoles for multiple kids.
>>
File: fsojfrg.jpg (300KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
fsojfrg.jpg
300KB, 2048x1152px
>>31905593
nice, now i can play console zelda in the school toilet in the breaks
>>
>>31906634
>>31906631
>>31906621
This is different.

For starters, it's made on mobile hardware. ARM hardware can easily go down in price after a certain amount of sellthrough and it's only a matter of time until the Tegra X1 is superseded or at least gets an easier fabrication process.

So maybe not the same year or early 2018, but if these sales keep up, they'll find a way to sell it less as a console that happens to have handheld capability and more like a handheld you can use as a console.

That or they go with plan B of releasing a 3DS successor on a Tegra K1.
>>
>>31906455
If you're a female, then why do you care about what size the system is? Just put it in your over-sized purse.

>inb4 "I don't carry a purse around"

Then you are not a woman.
>>
>>31912062
Curt, but necessary
>>
>>31906532
>nintendo will have NOTHING

coughmobilecough
coughamiibocough
>>
>>31912004
It's different because it's marketed as a console, because it's an acceptable console.
>>
>>31907798
>Splatoon 2
>port
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-26-09-28-30.png (348KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-26-09-28-30.png
348KB, 1280x720px
>>31905647
Just wear cargo shorts! You'll look cooler and have lots of pocket space! They're also comfy and easy to wear!
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.