[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright boys, we need to find a way to rebalance slow, frail,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1479941937609.png (56KB, 686x341px) Image search: [Google]
1479941937609.png
56KB, 686x341px
Alright boys, we need to find a way to rebalance slow, frail, mixed attackers.

And no, you fucking faggot, minmaxing by moving around or adding stats is not a feasible solution, mixed offenses must still be an option. Should go without saying that giving everything a minmaxed Mega with a broken ability isn't a solution either.

In my opinion a good way to rebalance mixed mons with strong offenses but otherwise lowis-average stats would be to introduce a new held item that boosts moves by a percentage varying with the unused attack, lets say 70% of the (base stat - 60).

For example, by giving Cacturne (70/115/60/115/60/55) said item, its physical moves and special moves are both boosted by 38,5%.

This allows mixed attackers with enough points into offenses to use a better Life Orb with no drawbacks, but it can't be exploited by already minmaxed mons.

Opinions?
>>
I like your idea, but it doesn't really solve the issue of most of them being too slow, frail as glass, or a combination of both.
>>
Honestly most mixed attackers just need the right moves to work, it isnt always about speed.

Infernape is actually on a sweet spot as a wallbreaker and was a nice response to bisharp cores last gen with its bulky set.

Take a look at most of these mons, if they had access to a stab flyin or electric move higher than base 100 they would be utterly terrifying to switch in.

I agree that most fanmegas that take away an attack stat and then dump it on another or speed are just terrible.
>>
>>31900967
>minmaxing by moving around or adding stats is not a feasible solution
kys

Pokemon with no special attacks such as Decidueye should have a low sp.atk and vice versa.
>>
File: SHIT.png (45KB, 461x341px) Image search: [Google]
SHIT.png
45KB, 461x341px
But op, infernape crawdaunt kingdra and nidoking are already good enough.
Also, pidgeot camerupt and sharped have a mega.

And some of these arent OU but they are pretty good in UU and other tiers, where they are meant to be. Not every mon has to be OU, only NU pokemons are strictly bad designed to fight. So that discards seismitoad, decidueye, silvally, flygon, drifloon and honchkrow, which are already kinda good, just not enough for overused.

There, fixed it for you
>>
>>31901011
Frindly reminder: most of these mons have hideous designs.
Coincidence? I think not
>>
File: power.png (8KB, 269x375px) Image search: [Google]
power.png
8KB, 269x375px
Here's an image detailing how the boost varies depending on the offensive stat.

>>31900976
Well since the boost only depends on the base stats it's independent from EV investment, and you could dump them into bulk or speed.

Or dump everything into both attacks anyway and go for a super-risky slow glass cannon build.

>>31900995
Agree, mixed attackers should have above average variety in their movesets as well.

>>31900999
Wasted trips on a terrible post.
>>
>>31901016
>Golduck
>Girafarig
>Octillery
>Stantler
>Shiftry
>Delcatty
>Cacturn
>Wailord
>Samurott
>Simisage
>Simipour
>Simisear
>Maractus
>Swanna
>Eelektross
>"""hideous designs"""
>>
>>31901043
I said most. The simis, samurott, emboar, delcatty, wailord, stantler, girafarig,swanna, and maractus are pretty damn bad
>>
>>31901043
Half the pokemon on your list is hideous
>>
If the Kingdra and Octillery got a move that was Focus Energy and +1 speed, they potentially could use both their stats and have a niche in bypassing Unaware.
Also, Critdra with a speed boost sounds terrifying. Nasty plot + 25% + no drawback Draco Meteor at +1
>>
>>31901239
+1 speed*

Don't know if it needs it though due to being the face of rain teams
>>
Honchkrow is not that good mixed. I run very successfully:
Sucker punch
Brave bird
Roost/night slash if Assault Vest
Steel wing

Either run assault vest, or a berry

Invest in HP and sp. Def and some attack. With assault vest, you can survive many common threats such as ninetales and OHKO back with steel wing and finish it with sucker punch if sash. I know the calcs of my honchkrow.
>>
File: shitposting.gif (32KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
shitposting.gif
32KB, 250x250px
>>31900967
Half of your list cannot even be classified as "slow, frail, mixed attackers". Infernape? Flygon? Emolga? The monkeys? Seriously?
>>
>>31900967
Seismitoad, Nidoking, Crawdaunt, Infernape, and Decidueye are all fine where they are.
>>
>>31900967
Okay I see your list, now can I see the slow frail attackers?
>>
>>31900967
>Infernape
>Slow
lol you are new, aren't you?
>>
>>31901343
>>31901456
>>31901630
>>31901657
It's just a random image I pulled quickly from google, you dumb niggers
>>
Give seviper speed boost and gunk shot. Boom, one of the biggest SFMA memes is saved. Imagine a coil set with EQ, gunk shot, and aqua tail or something.
>>
>>31900967
Trick Room is now affected by Terrain Extender.

A new ability that works like Technician but boosts speed instead of strength.

Basically add a bunch of new abilities and items that could potentially break the game.
>>
File: confused nigga.jpg (5KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
confused nigga.jpg
5KB, 243x207px
>>31902846
>works like Technician
>boosts speed instead of strength
>boosting the speed of moves
?????
>>
>>31902884
Yeah. Like use a move with 60 strength or less and your pokemons speed is doubled for that move or something like that.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.