[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I typically avoid romhacks like the plague, but I see this one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
I typically avoid romhacks like the plague, but I see this one getting mentioned a lot. Is it actually worthwhile?
>>
>>31900565
It had potential but I got bored when you had to do missions while play as a pokemon in your team.
>>
>>31900565
It's ok. Which is leaps and bounds above the average romhack.
>>
>>31900565
It's unfinished and glitchy, only got popular due to the shutdown. Finding information about it is hard as hell.
That said I haven't played it, but I played Brown, the creator's other hack, which is finished and not glitchy, and enjoyed it.
>>
>>31900565
It's okay. Some elements I did like about it such as including abilities but the new types (Sound and Gas) ruined a lot of the fun for me because they were unnecessary and unbalanced. Plus, you can't choose a starter and dex has some weird omissions (no Nidos anywhere :/ )
>>
>>31900565
And no, you shouldn't avoid them like the plague. If you enjoy pokemon, you'll probaly enjoy fan-created content as well. It just has the same problem as fanfiction: There's a ton of shit, and just a few good ones. You just need to find the good ones, and "best romhack of the year" kind of lists, or just asking around often help a lot.
>>
File: 1484561400662.jpg (29KB, 622x340px) Image search: [Google]
1484561400662.jpg
29KB, 622x340px
>>31900565
It's very fun. Sticks to the formula, Pokedex is modified, abilities were added, map is good, music is good too. It's made with love.

The puzzles can get a bit frustrating though.

And follow some advice here, don't try anything strange here. The game has some bugs and my party got rewritten because I gave up to the temptation of trying something strange.
>>
>>31900565
It's okay which makes it better than the majority of romhacks that aren't just straight difficulty hacks.
>>
>>31900749
No it's popular because it's good. Or because they advertised it everywhere and had Twitch play it, which led to it getting shutdown
>>
I did make this long tired against the game the other day. Despite its flaws, I would say I've had fun with the game and I will probably finish it.

It's alright as a standard game on the line of gen 2.
>>
Well, there you have it, OP.
"It's okay" is probably the best unanimous review /vp/ has ever given a rom hack. Or any game, really
Just play it already.
>>
The good:

>Lots of details, features and love, this game was truly a lifetime project and it shows
>Sound type is cool
>Really interesting pokedex choices, great variety of pokemon to play and replay with
>Difficoulty level is not bullshit like most hacks, but not casual like legit titles
>Long as fuck, 20 badges to collect and more than 2 regions to explore
>Abilities, natures, IVs are all implemented
>Albeit the game was chopped, you can challenge all the postgame trainers
>Seriously, there are SO MAMY THINGS in this game that it's incredible. GF should learn from this guy, because not even one of their games introduced so many things to do in a single game. I would need way more than 1 post to list every single cool thing implemented

The bad:

>FUCK THESE CAVES
>Random encounters random encounters random encounters
>Fuckhuge level spike after E4
>The quest stops at E4. Because of this, the other regions feel more "lifeless"
>Sevi islands chopped
>You will eventually reach money problems
>Gas type is dumb and shit
>Some bugs, a couple of them CAN DESTROY YOUR SAVE. Search for the prism google docs to get the latest version with less bugs and read carefully what NOT do to fuck yourself over (don't use teleport/escape rope in the pokemon MD sections and everywhere near it and don't save in the ice lab or how it was called)
>>
It's pretty fun, I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Give it a try.
>>
Where can I download this game?
>>
>>31901223
>GF should learn from this guy, because not even one of their games introduced so many things to do in a single game.
Prism had 8 years and is gen 2
>>
I finished 3 gyms and encountered 3 game crashing glitches already
the last one doesn't let me progress.

There are people working on it so you should just wait until they release a stable version.

It will be worth the wait though
>>
>>31901556
>There are people working on it so you should just wait until they release a stable version.
[citation needed]
I haven't heard of anyone still working on it. Sure, there was a quick patch by the community, but nothing major.
>>
>>31901223
>Sound type
Dropped
>>
>>31900565
It's okay. Much better than the majority of romhacks so I'd say definitely give it a try. The worst things about it are the bugs, the parts where you play as a pokemon are slow and dragging, and the horrendously overdone puzzles.
>>
>>31901637
>Dark type
>Just a shitty Ghost
>Fairy type
>Just cute, pink and girly stuff
Dropped
>>
>>31901607
A group calling themselves Rainbow Devs are continuing work on the game. Latest version is 0.93 build 0155. Fixes most of the game crashing bugs.
>>
>>31901607
rainbowdevs released a patched version just a week ago, in their readme they said 3 different dev teams work on it simultaneously.
>>
>>31901297
It was one guy doing everything for the project during his spare time until 2016. Its GFs emplyees job to spend 8 hours a day to develop pokemon games and they have multiple people working on it.
>>
>>31903078
>one guy doing everything for the project
He didnt do the music.
>>
>>31903188
Correction: almost everything.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.