[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't they continue the bandit/robber theme with Salazzle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 14

Why didn't they continue the bandit/robber theme with Salazzle?

Salandit is one of my favorite designs, and I feel like it could have a much better evolution.

Something like in the pic here. I know it "just get's bigger" but you can tell that it's still a burglar. There can also be lore explanations for the "burglar sack" that it has. Maybe that's where it's poison is held, or it eats shiny things whole and they are stored in it's sack until they regurgitate them back up back at it's den. Something like that, I don't know.

Salazzle sucks.

I didn't draw this btw.
>>
WE
>>
>just gets bigger

I prefer Alolan Lusty Maid, not even scaly.
>>
>>31893609
Yeah I shouldn't have expected /vg/ to agree with me, with all of the waifu bullshit that goes on.

Make a male version that fits well with the bandit theme, then.
>>
>>31893629
>vg

Hmm...
>>
They did. It became a cat burglar.
>>
>>31893583
I'm fine with salazzle but it would've been cool for salandit to have a split evo for female/male, that way your shiny salandit wouldn't be worthless if it isn't a female.
>>
>>31893643
this
salazzle keeps the burglar motif while building on top of it and still keeps it subtle, but by the loosk of what you posted you wouldn't know anything about subtlety and clever design.

Keep telling yourself people here only disagree because muh waifus
>>
File: 89498745.jpg (9KB, 238x180px) Image search: [Google]
89498745.jpg
9KB, 238x180px
>>31893629
>/vg/
>>
>>31893633
whoops.
>>
OP btfo.
>>
>>31893583
>being a waifu hating fag
are you gay?
>>
>>31893643
>>31893666

How does it keep the motif, or build upon it? If you never heard of Salandit, and saw Salazzle for the first time there's no way you'd be able to tell it's a cat burglar.

There's being subtle and clever in the design, and then there's seeing shit that isn't there. Salazzle is the latter.
>>
>>31893693
You don't have to be gay to dislike a mon that's there solely because degenerates love it. I'm ok with other waifumons, but Scaly Mindcontrol Fetish crosses the line.
>>
>>31893583
> Hates Salazzle but prefer a lizard with a Nutsack on his back.
>>
>>31893734
so you dislike it because it caters to fetishes you don't like? Good thing you admit it, Salazzle builds upon the bandit theme really well
>>
>>31893725
It's a cat burglar, it uses seduction and charm to lure her way into obtaining what she wants. That's what GF was going for, regardless of how much you think they were deliberately going for a furshit pokemon since they never cater willingly to furfags. Salazzle is as far as it can get without breaking the theme and not close enough to be boring. Do you just want the same pokemon twice? If they don't change or play with the theme even a bit it'd be a boring and forgetable line that just feels like one pokemon, like most 2-stage water types
>>
>>31893748
Yes. And no, it doesn't.
>>
>>31893725
>and then there's seeing shit that isn't there
>If I don't see the design inspiration then it isn't there
Just because you're ignorant doesn't mean the design's subtlety should be toned down. Go use passimian if you need themes to be blatantly obvious to get them.
>>
>>31893748
I'm not OP, and I actually kinda like Salazzle. But I understand why OP dislikes Salazzle. I really don't like the weird mindcontrol stuff, though. They've never blatantly pandered to fetish stuff before.
>>
>>31893583
You really can't. If i didn't know it was inspired by a bandit i'd think one simply has 2 flaps and the other has a tumor.
>>
File: IMG_1243.png (132KB, 619x324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1243.png
132KB, 619x324px
>>31893583

Thanks for reminding me why I'm glad that fan input will never have any influence on Pokemon designs. That Sandlit evo looks so boring and forgettable.
>>
>>31893833
But Salazzle doesn't look plain? You're nuts, and probably want to fuck it.
>>
>>31893855
>he thinks boring=plain
>anybody who likes this wants to fuck it
Try not to out yourself as complete dumbass so quickly next time anon.
>>
File: 1486275808798.png (33KB, 216x98px) Image search: [Google]
1486275808798.png
33KB, 216x98px
>>31893855
>Salazzle
>Plain
>>
>>31893763
Cat burglars aren't known for using seduction and charm. So those aren't identifying factors as to why it's supposedly a cat burglar.

Cat burglars are called cat burglars because they get in and out silently without a trace. Nothing in Salazzle's info says anything about that. You're reaching.
>>
>>31893855
>>31893798
just change seeing the design for thinking it's plain, you're just ignorant and think everything should be made specifically for you. Educate yourself.
>>
>>31893920
You might as well just reply with "you're wrong".

You've added nothing of value to either side of the argument.
>>
File: rare-unicorn-picture.jpg (104KB, 540x805px) Image search: [Google]
rare-unicorn-picture.jpg
104KB, 540x805px
>>31893583
>It just gets bigger
In such enjoyable ways!
>>
>>31893935
I was quoting myself because I felt it wasn't worth rewriting the same argument only swapping one phrase.
>>
File: 4748971-mine_fujiko_32.jpg (58KB, 349x640px) Image search: [Google]
4748971-mine_fujiko_32.jpg
58KB, 349x640px
>>31893917
>Cat burglars aren't known for using seduction and charm
>i don't know one of the most popular anime characters in the world

Also you and OP are reaching too. Absolutely nothing about Salandit calls it a bandit, it doesn't steal anything, and it only says that it produces toxins and that the female produces pheromones that attract males(read: Salandit's info since day 1)
>>
>>31893917
you're only further proving your ignorance the more you post. How about you take an hour or so and enrich your life by educating yourself instead of making dumb remarks on a Taiwanese wife-rating website discussing Chinese pocket creatures
>>
>>31893988
You're right, I don't watch anime, really.

Salandit is wearing a stereotypical bandit's mask and it's name is a combination of Salamander and Bandit. That's what identifies salandit as being based on a bandit. Much more than Salazzle has.

Also, just because some anime character can be used as an example of a cat burglar using seduction and charm, doesn't mean that those are widely known and accepted characteristics of a cat burglar.

>>31894006
And you keep saying that which adds nothing to the conversation in the thread. I'm sure there's some "_____ is best girl" thread that you can contribute to.
>>
>>31894028
>Go back to your waifu duties
you must have a sad life if you honestly think everyone disagreeing with you is doing so out of waifuism, but fine, I'll leave. I hope one day you'll stop being such an ignorant useless person who only further perpetuates how retarded /vp/ can get.
>>
>>31894028
>Also, just because some anime character can be used as an example of a cat burglar using seduction and charm, doesn't mean that those are widely known and accepted characteristics of a cat burglar.
Jesus, you're really reaching here.
I'm not a fan of the direction they chose for Salazzle either, but it DOES make sense for a burglar.
>>
>>31894028
Are you really making an argument about a Pokémon's design based on the English name? I hope you understand how retarded that makes you.
>>
File: maleandit.png (149KB, 523x612px) Image search: [Google]
maleandit.png
149KB, 523x612px
>>
>>31894377
I'd fug use him
>>
It is literally just fire Krookodile.
>>
File: sala7.png (6KB, 246x233px) Image search: [Google]
sala7.png
6KB, 246x233px
>>31894301
the translation is kinda the same for Yatoumori
夜盗 yatou (burglar/thief) and 守宮 yamori (gecko)
>>31894377
even this would be enough
the fact we don't even have at all a male evolution option is disgusting, there is literally no reason for this
>>
>>31894301
>Yatōmori may be a combination of 夜盗 yatō (burglar) and 井守 imori (newt)
>>
>>31894487
>>31894490
well, more like imori then
>>
>>31894377
That would be a great compromise.
>>
>>31894403
I don't literally want what's in the picture. But the idea is what I'm going for.
>>
>>31894487
>there is literally no reason for this
One of the most famous whiptail species(which is what these things are, together with newts) are entirely female.
>>
File: 1427523780187.jpg (106KB, 400x338px) Image search: [Google]
1427523780187.jpg
106KB, 400x338px
>>31893666
>It's actually a great design

>Exclusive to the female gendered Salandits
>Male Salandits get squat and will never evolve into anything else, forever cucked by female ones while females are deemed 'superior' because they're simply more cunning and smarter
>Will never even get a split form to stand out side to side along with the female one

I didn't realize people liked eating Game Freak's bullshit so much. Of course I'm a fan of the games, but even I have my limits. 7th generation really pushed me beyond those limits.

But I'll just let it slide and think of the whole game as simply rushed beyond hell.
>>
File: tumblr_nui2sqaC7O1ux9gcvo3_1280.jpg (63KB, 748x587px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nui2sqaC7O1ux9gcvo3_1280.jpg
63KB, 748x587px
Why is "It just gets bigger" entirely bad? Sometimes it's perfectly fine. Look at sliggoo to goodra, do you honestly think sliggoo losing every unique characteristic about it was good? If it ain't broke don't fix it.
>>
>>31893583
At the very least, they could have given the males a small buff and other differences
>>
>>31893583
That would work well as a male evolution. Then at least male Salandit wouldn't be completely useless.
>>
I just wish they hadn't pulled another Combee and that male Salandit could evolve.
>>
>>31893988

Why couldn't the male one look like Lupin III?
>>
File: 1374430131270.jpg (105KB, 1348x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1374430131270.jpg
105KB, 1348x1172px
Two (2) Pokemon that evolve if they're female, but not if they're male

Zero (0) that evolve only if they're male.

>Feminism
>>
>>31895706
But at least Kirlia got a male evolution...?
Not really the point since Gardevoir exists, I know
>>
File: salazzleisaquadruped.jpg (248KB, 350x489px) Image search: [Google]
salazzleisaquadruped.jpg
248KB, 350x489px
>>31894377
I'd love this, and salandit is my favorite pokemon ever, but I think salazzle gets way too much hate. It's a monitor lizard; it tripods on its tail to look intimidating, but walks/runs on all fours. Fire comes out of her front feet and tail when she attacks. She's a cat burglar/ femme fatale, too. That's awesome. It takes the original concept and builds off of it. Yeah, degenerates want to fuck it, but degenerates also want to fuck serperior and dogs, and last I checked those were both still pretty popular. Salazzle is fine. Stop letting waifufags ruin things for you.
>>
>>31893598
ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS!
>>
Eat shit. You can't always have what you want.
>>
>>31895165
i think it has a good design. i don't mind the drastic change. i certainly like it better than what you've posted there.

the problem with "it just gets bigger" is that it completely undermines the point of evolution.

if salazzle is just a bigger salandit, then why not just make it a one stage line?

from a functional standpoint having it evolve is a way of gating the difficulty so that players can encounter wild salandit early in the game. if salazzle was a single stage pokemon or salandit never evolved they would need to make it's stats good enough to be a stand alone pokemon and that usually means the stats are going to be somewhat mediocre...forever.
>>
>>31896196
the true patrician opinion is that salazzle is a good design but ultimately inferior to salandit. You are my nigga.
>>
File: Catwoman wall.jpg (669KB, 1280x909px) Image search: [Google]
Catwoman wall.jpg
669KB, 1280x909px
>>31894028
>>
>>31896387
"Evolution" just means features become more developed, not that they gain new features. Look at crocodiles for a real world example, they are believed not to have a evolved for 200 million years since they don't need to. Too many evolutions look at the prior pokemon and ignore it's appeal. Goodra is a huge example but this is true for a lot of pokemon. Look at things like flygon, venomoth, and lanturn. These all ruin their prior inspiration's themes and designs. Magnemite is a simple but nice design, why is it so bad that you just make the evolution three magnemites? People call pokemon like dugtrio or vaniluxe "lazy" but I think it's much to keep a already solid design moderately the same then just shit on what the prior forms are.
>>
File: udaman.png (242KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
udaman.png
242KB, 640x480px
>>31896432
>>
>>31893583
>I didn't draw this btw.
Newfagtendo get off my boardtendo
>>
>>31895109
Go bitch about Vespiquen
>>
>>31893598
62 replies and yet no one has said /sl/?
>>
>>31893666
SATANIC
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.