[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>New ability: Topsy-Terrain >This Pokemon activates Trick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1462395148676.jpg (60KB, 630x631px) Image search: [Google]
1462395148676.jpg
60KB, 630x631px
>New ability: Topsy-Terrain
>This Pokemon activates Trick Room as it enters a battle
How much would an ability like this change the meta?
>>
That ability would change the meta by an amount.
>>
>how much

what do you want, a number?
18%
>>
File: 1444178627691.gif (161KB, 550x800px) Image search: [Google]
1444178627691.gif
161KB, 550x800px
>>31891409
Completely upset it. Same way this happens every gen now.
>Weather wars
>Fairy Omnipresent
>Terrain setting
>>
>>31891467
18% isn't really that much.
>>
>>31891485
A single ability changing one fifth of a meta is a lot.
>>
>>31891485
ok. your point?
>>
>>31891496
18% closer to 1/6.
>>
>>31891500
Give me a better number.
>>
>>31891509
19%
>>
Would change it dramatically since everything in OU is fast. Start seeing returns of old OU mons like Conkeldurr hell, maybe even Golem kek make its return.
>>
>>31891409
>Topsy-Terrain
>has nothing to do with terrains
10/10 I can see GF or the localizers doing it.
>>
>>31891509
>>
>>31891409
Doubles would be turned inside out, singles you'd probably see some returning threats that lost out before because they were too slow like Druddigon
>>
>>31891505
18% closer to 19/100.
>>
>>31891409
The game would be unplayable and teambuilding would be a complete fucking mess. I see tons of arm chair devs suggest this idea and I keep wondering why they want literally every team to be a trick room team, or if they're just so stupid they didn't think that far ahead.
>>
>>31891901
>why they want literally every team to be a trick room
Literally no one says that tho.
>>
>>31892079
No one says that because of the second reason, they're too fucking stupid to see how game breaking auto trick room is. Every team would be Trick Room because an ability that powerful would dominate the entire game.
>>
>>31892092
So sure are you?
>>
>>31892138
Most fast Pokemon are only better than slow Pokemon because of the speed stat in itself. If you flip the speed stats, the biggest "powercreep" the game's ever seen would absolutely occur. Suddenly Pokemon that have only ever been outclassed due to low speed are now the strongest Pokemon in the entire game. Alolan Marowak and Magearna are good examples of this, they're already incredible Pokemon in their own right, but having Automatic Trick room under their belt would just destroy any meta they were allowed in.
>>
>>31891409
>terrain
>zone
no OP no, but I want more zones
>>
>>31891409
>that plus lele
found the new cancer
>>
Is there a trick room extending item? It'd probably shake things up at first but then people would just start running deliberately slow sweepers to counter it or just use a tank to stall until the terrain resets.

The Tapus switching in and changing the terrain probably would mean it wouldn't be that effective now that I think about it.
>>
>>31893197
Trick Room is not a terrain. Rooms, sports, Gravity, and Heal Block all stack with each other and 1 terrain + 1 weather.
>>
>>31891409
it would be very overpowered since it can't be overwritten by switching in another pokemon or manually with another move, like weather or terrains. You'd be forced to stall the 5 turns or use trick room, which has shit priority so you'll give them a free turn basically.
>>
>>31893636
You actually can remove Trick Room by using it again while it's in effect.
>>
>>31893774
He said
>You'd be forced to stall the 5 turns or use trick room, which has shit priority so you'll give them a free turn basically
>>
>>31891409
>Topsy-Terrain
>Gen VIII Spinda exclusive ability
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.