[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>only one elemental stone per game before Crystal fixed it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: Gold_Japanese_Cover.png (366KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gold_Japanese_Cover.png
366KB, 392x500px
>only one elemental stone per game before Crystal fixed it
Why does no one ever complain about this in gen 2?
>>
>>31890224
It pissed me off.
>>
>>31890224
Item dupe glitch kinda made it irrelevant
>>
because it encouraged you to trade and socialize with others to get what to you wanted

plus, you could always clone them
>>
>>31890224

I think it's because those games went out 15 years ago and they also got remakes
>>
>>31890234
while the socializing part is true, I always felt very limited in my in-game run. You only get 1 of the stones after a very long time past the elite 4, making a lot of pokemon not so viable to play with.
Basically, someone that couldn't trade or didn't know about the dupe glitch was so limited in pokemon, easily over 30 to 40 pokemon would be missing
>>
>>31890224
>give stone to Pokemon
>clone it
>>
>>31890504
>intentional game design
>>
>>31890224
>before crystal fixed it
>why does no one ever complain
/thread

nj op
>>
>>31890255
Well yeah that's the same in every game tho.
>>
>>31890620
Who cares? Everyone knows about cloning nowadays.
>>
>>31890638
>mandatory third version purchase
>>
Hunger/spoiler]Gold thread?
>>
They did. GF wanted you to send the mons to gen 1 to evolve them there.
>>
Only retards play GS after 2001.
>>
I think it was less Crystal fixing the problem and more the fact that they expected most people buying gen2 to already own gen1.

I sent over my entire Red roster into Silver.
>>
>>31892396
>tfw played G/S until 2003
>>
>>31892375
fuck off fag
>>
>>31890224
>Why does no one ever complain about this in gen 2?
You already answered it, it's because is gen 2. If it here gen 3 or 4 people would be complaining until today.
>>
>>31892423
Ironically people calling you to give you more elemental stones actually made the feature worth a damn until HGSS fixed it. Before that the best NPCs you could rebattle via Pokegear were Ace Trainers near the Elite Four, and that was useless after you beat the Elite Four and could just fight those guys again instead for leveling and money.
>>
>>31890234
>encouraged
*forced
and for all the wrong reasons
>>
>>31892929
didn't some call you when there was a swarm active?
>>
>Every game
>Only Leaf, Fire, and Water Stones are available for purchase.
>For everything else you need to rely on Super Training or some other pain in the ass method, or just live with the freebie or two they give you in the main game.

They need to stop this.
>>
>>31892976
A few did, yeah. But once you caught one of the swarming Pokemon you could just breed more, so keeping their numbers after that was a waste of Pokegear space.
>>
>>31892986
>stop making me work for things
>>
>>31890224
Everyone and their mother knew how to clone shit
>>
>>31892986
I actually don't mind working a bit, as it's part of completing your pokedex. In gen III you could collect shards for elemental stones if I recall.
>>
>>31892996
>Waiting for the Isle Aphun RNG to be in your favor.
>Work
>>
This happens in every gen with evolutionary items. For example, Gen I has only 3 Moon Stones despite having 4 Pokémon that evolve by Moon Stones.
>>
>>31893037
you could catch wigglytuff in gen I though, but you're right Gen III also lacks one moon stone
>>
>>31893045
On the other side though you could get infinite Moon Stones in GSC, while the standard evolutionary stones couldn't be bought. So it encourages cross-gen trading too.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.