[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for some decent gen 1/2 rom hacks. I only ever see good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: PokémonBrown.jpg (394KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
PokémonBrown.jpg
394KB, 640x640px
Looking for some decent gen 1/2 rom hacks. I only ever see good ones based on gen 3.
>>
to be fair, gen 3 games are a lot easier to hack.
>>
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=349823
>>
Whatever you do, don't fall for the Prism meme
>>
>>31890241
>the entire assembly is available and readable
>not easier
Sure, there might be better tools for gen3 games, but nothing beats the availability of the entire fucking assembly.
>>
>>31890599
What a waste of dubs. Prism is good tho
>>
>>31889971
You posted the best one. I also enjoyed what I played of Maize, but it's unfinished.
>>
>>31890623
I'm so sorry you fell for the Prism meme
I truly am
>>
>>31893163
Not an argument
>>
>>31890595
>10 Extra types: Steel, Dark, Fairy, Atom, Wood, Wind, Gas, Sound, Light and Bone!
Stopped reading
>>
I also don't know anything better than Brown...
>>
>>31890595
Fun fact: The developer of Grape is a psychopath who sent death theats and harassed other ROM hackers.
>>
>>31893297
>Steel
>Dark
>Fairy
Fair enough, makes sense
>Atom
What
>Wood
Why, is grass not good enough? Link says that physical/special split is in, so it doesn't even have that excuse
>Wind
Literally special flying type. Why.
>Gas
Poison type is a thing
>Sound
Finally, one that I can kinda understand. I don't agree with it, but I get it.
>Light
I thought this shit died off after fairies became a thing
>Bone
Fuck you
>>
>>31890599
I haven't played it yet, what's wrong with Prism?
>>
>>31894416
nothing, it's the best hack.
He is just contrarian.
>>
>>31894416
A couple of things, but it's still solid. He's pretending that all praise for Prism is an ironic meme because he can't accept that other people have different opinions than him.
>>
Id just like a gen 2 hack that has the phys/spec split, updated learned movesets, and better gym leader comps.
>>
I know Prism isn't technically complete, but is it able to be finished as a game, just going from start to finish?
>>
>>31889971
Red++, Polished Crystal, and TPP Anniversary Crystal are all good hacks that basically improve the original games. The latter two make a bit more changes than the first one but they're still the core game with improvements at heart.

>>31899397
Yes. You can get all 20 badges and fight the Secret Mystery League. The main things missing are a few sidequests and the Sevii Islands (you can visit one but it's basically empty with a Moltres just chilling). There are a few Legendaries you can't get, and I think Carnivine is also unable to be encountered. There have been some unofficial bugfix patches (one came out earlier this week but I haven't looked at what it fixed) that should smooth out most of the glitches people encountered in the leaked build.
>>
>>31889971
Well, there's a good reason for that.

Gen 3 is better than gen 1 or 2. Or 4 or 5 for that matter.

t. started with Blue
>>
>>31899445
Wow, these look great. Thanks, man
>>
>>31889971
Been playing a lot of Brown. It is really good, I just wish it had a complete dex.
>>
>>31899937
Define complete. If you mean you want all 802, that's both really bad from a design point (there'd be no way to handle it regarding designing routes) and was almost literally impossible to do pre-disassembly (and Brown was made an entire decade before Red was disassembled), with people only expanding the maximum Dex slots past 255 in Red last year.

If you're talking about how not every Pokémon in the Dex is available and how you have to trade with RBY and GSC to catch some of the Pokémon, then I agree, it kind of sucks.

It also sucks how KBM ended up abandoning the Stop&Swap gimmick planned between Brown and Prism and just included all the items in the latter game standalone, but I can also appreciate the humorous situation of KBM, a giant Banjo-Kazooie fan, making the same promises as said game to have interconnectivity with the sequel and then aborting said plan due to complications in the exact same way as Rare.
>>
>>31899445
When will 3.0 of polished crystal come out
>>
>>31900061
When it's ready.

Apparently there are more things on the todo list for 3.0 than when Rangi started making 3.0 because they keep thinking of little things they want to add.
>>
>no fr/lg hack with only all the 151 pokemons
>same goes with hg/ss
why are people are so shit when it comes to romhacks?
>>
>>31900324
Go do it yourself, editing encounter tables isn't rocket science
>>
>>31896906
So polished crystal?

3.0 is coming out soon, introducing abilities.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.