[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now, I don't know if it's shitty writing or what, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1473583570776.png (254KB, 500x618px) Image search: [Google]
1473583570776.png
254KB, 500x618px
Now, I don't know if it's shitty writing or what, but didn't Lysasndre and Lusamine kind of have a point? What's the point of living without beauty? (not in the "die" sense, just the "it's better to have it than to not have it") I mean yeah, they did crazy stuff but ultimately aren't their base ideas common beliefs in most people? Beauty is a virtue, whether it be the compassion of a soul or the love shared with one another, it's something important that we cannot truly live without. These characters are considered as antagonists, but only in the traditional sense of a story. As people they are so much more, helping others for the sake of helping, like with the Holo-caster and Aether Paraside, allowing people and pokemon to experience a greater vivacity. I don't understand GF's need to ruin such a nice concept by pitting them as the villain, though Lusamine did get a redemption in the end.
>>
It's because too much of a good thing is a bad thing
>>
>>31885834
Because beauty is subjective
>>
Moral of Lysandre is don't give up even if your hard work doesn't seem like it's getting you anywhere and moral of Lusamine is don't get too caught up in fervent pursuits of simply beauty
>>
>>31885834
Lysandre wasn't wrong to pursue perserving the world's beauty, he just didn't need to go all holocaust on everyone to do that.
>>
>>31885834
We've had morally ambiguous villains since Gen V
>>
>>31885952
>implying gaycheese was morally ambiguous at all
>>
>>31885966
>what is colress
>>
>>31885834
Beauty is the worst concept in humanity. There needs to be more games about the hypocrisy of "beauty".

People are literally destroying world to have pretty artificial things and "valuable paper". How the fuck is that "beautiful"?

Capitalists like Lysandre are the best example of this hypocrisy, wanting to make a beautiful world by filling it with gadgets and ruining nature.
>>
File: 1485262237490.jpg (99KB, 1000x1011px) Image search: [Google]
1485262237490.jpg
99KB, 1000x1011px
>>31886002
This
But even then, some people out there thinks that beauty is everything, and they think that they will get everything if they have it
I don't think beauty would be a virtue at all
Yes, beauty might be a good thing, but as long you don't rub it at others people's faces

See: Don't judge me challenge
>inb4 vine is shit
We all know that, it's full of teenagers that are doing stupid shit for attention
>>
>>31886002
Go back to /leftypol/ and stay there
>>
>>31886002

Holy wow, someone who understands. It's the worst concept in the sense that beauty is subjective and is in the eye of the beholder. And "beauty" really is just a excuse by itself to allow scum like Lysandre and Lusamine to act like entitled selfish people who have no consideration about anyone's lifes and only want attention for themselves. At least the latter had the excuse of being manipulated by a sentient being or whatever the heck Nihilego is, but even Nihilego only makes people act with a total lack of inhibition when it controls them.

Understanding the concept of actual beauty is fairly complex, but in the way I see it at least (again, eye of beholder here), beauty is everywhere and you've got to have a better grasp of the world and humanity in order to see beauty in even the smallest things, no matter how insignificant they may seem and with that, appreciating the small things in life and what is around you while doing something good in act. Yeah, the world is far from perfect, what with all the bad stuff that happens around in general but that doesn't mean it's completely irredeemable. This also takes into consideration putting value on everyone's lifes and seeing what they really are, no matter how scummy or bad their life may have been since there's always a foundation or reason behind something happening to them. That's what Lysandre and Lusamine seem to fail at understanding, since they always feel like sacrificing something or someone in order to reach their "goals". It's absolutely petty in every sense of the word.
>>
>>31885834
Even if they had the correct idea, what they did was still wrong. Yes, there's no point in living without beauty. But that isn't a reason enough to take or control others' lives. Life is still more important than beauty. She had the right idea, but she did wrong things.
Lysandre, on the other hand, was just wrong. His idea of equality was wrong. His methods to try and achieve could've been successful, but his entire belief was wrong.
>>
>>31886002
What pretty artificial things?
>>
>>31890449
>beauty is subjective and is in the eye of the beholder
While there are some things others might disagree with I think that there are universally accepted ideas of beauty that in no way is subjective (or if it is there sure are a lot of people believing it is to be a coincidence). Just look at works from the Renaissance and tell me they aren't beautiful. The Parisian skyline, the boats waving in the canals of Venice, even the simple snow piling during winter. Hell, even Milotic is said to be the world's most beautiful pokemon. I agree that there's truth to what to say, especially given Lusamine's remark to Lillie "When did you get so beautful", but her actions seemed good from the start as well. It's not so much beauty that corrupted her, since she helped a lot of pokemon, but the lack of it and people's disregard of it.
>>
>>31885834
But uh.

What about all the murder.

Because Lysandre was big into the murder. Of almost everyone. Like, I think he was eyeballing literally everyone in the country NOT wearing a Flare uniform for his beauty culling.. Any point he had was kind of drowned out by that fairly significant character flaw.

And Lusamine was either just genuinely nuts or hopped up on extra-dimensional super poison, depending on your interpretation. Potentially both. Her endgame was her sitting in a magic cave for the rest of her life with a jellyfish on her head. I question her judgement.

Also, I'm kind of an ugly bastard. So my opinion may be negatively biased.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.