[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT Games that /vp/ pretends to hate, starting with the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: omega-820x420.png (534KB, 820x420px) Image search: [Google]
omega-820x420.png
534KB, 820x420px
ITT Games that /vp/ pretends to hate, starting with the most obvious ones
>>
veepee doesn't like any Pokémon game

Honestly this is my rating, and I honestly dont give a fuck who agrees. All games have something going for them, and this is me evaluating all "what's wrong with xxxx" type of posts weighing them against the pros:

Best: Heart Gold & Soul Silver
2nd:Black & White (closely followed by...)
3rd: Sun & Moon (closely followed by...)
4th: Black2 & White2
5th: Emerald
6th: Fire Red & Leaf Green
7th: Gen 6 as a whole, and previous games I don't want to rate cause remakes are better except for ORAS 'cause I prefered Emerald's features).

Fight me. Or not. I really don't care.
>>
>>31881744
I think there's a consensus that HGSS and B2W2 are the best games in the series.
>>
>>31881744
in general 4chan doesn't like anything
>>
ORAS is unpolished as fuck, and the worst part is unlike SM where there is absolutely no sign that they attempted to give the project any polish, there are obvious signs in certain parts of ORAS that make it painfully clear the game was rushed out the door and they weren't able to give it the love and care they wanted.

If only it had another six months in the oven.
>>
File: No Country-Jones.jpg (23KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
No Country-Jones.jpg
23KB, 400x266px
>>31881150
>pretends
>>
>>31881774
I am the anon you replied to and (not to argue) but I'm just going to say that BW while slower, has better plot and the Unova dex was really refreshing to experience for the first time. Had a good time. Lacks postgame content and all, but I think setting up for BW2 kinda gives it some more points.

Regarding Sun and Moon, yeah le cut content rushed game xd meme. It's right, it has a lot of cut content and choppy framedrops, but overall, as far as direction goes, I think it was a sigh of relief coming from Gen 6. Good Pokémon, good plot, interesting secondary characters, challenging... Pokémon hadn't taken any step forward in Gen 6 except for the PSS which was a step back in Plaza. Whatever GameFreak.

As for BW2, I put them the lowest of my "godtier" hall because it feels like the plot is much more about my rival and N than it is about me adventuring and all. It's a good sequel, but it feels too much as "what happened to them?" over what's happening now. Regardless, based on content alone, BW2 wins. There's much more to do (fixes BW) and it has some of the coolest features of any game (PWT, film studios...).

Gen 6 was bad and won't age well. ORAS was good to play as a remake, but it has nothing new and just shoehorns legendaries to add some more content other than Soaring, and the plot is just worse. XY is just bad due to system and art style transition syndrome, so I can't hate XY.
>>
>>31881150
i hate ORAS but at least it had superior mechanics to Sun/Moon (except the breeding part)
>>
>>31881150
SM. That's the only game everyone pretends to hate. Case in point, we get multiple threads every day "asking" what you thought of SM, which turn into a big shitfest.

Gen 6 was kind of bad, but not that bad. My main issue with XY was the lack of any difficulty and the "friends". Calem was alright, though.
ORAS is my go-to Hoenn game, and forever will be. The Gen 3 games are unplayably outdated. Yes, it could've used Battle Frontier and a bit of difficulty, but it's still miles better in terms of quality than Gen 3.
>>
>>31881774
Maybe on /vp/, but those games are pretty irrelevant. HG/SS and B2W2 sold poorly compared to ORAS, XY and Sun/Moon despite being on the DS which is practically neck and neck with the PS2 for best selling video game console. Regardless, Emerald and Platinum are better than them.

The top 3 are

1: Emerald
2. Platinum
3. ORAS
>>
>>31881744
Where the fuck is Platinum
>>
>>31881934
>Calem was alright, though.
Alright in the sense that boring is better than actively annoying, sure.
>>
>>31882231
>Maybe on /vp/, but those games are pretty irrelevant.
This. /vp/ likes HG/SS and B2/W2 because it's filled with contrarians. HG/SS has a retarded level spike and is slow as molasses. Gen 5 in general is the low point of the series, and not just because of it's the worst selling gen, but because it introduced this "story-driven" nonsense that is currently ruining the series. But people on here would rather blame XY for that then call out the mediocrity that is Gen 5 because, again, they're contrarians.
>>
>>31882287
HGSS is shit, but as far as sheer amount of content with consistently okay to good quality goes, BW2 is the best there is. That doesn't necessarily mean it's the best Pokemon game, but most of what it has is good.
>>
>>31882270
Whoops. Below Emerald, above FRLG.
>>
>>31882314
Disagreed, there's not much to B2/W2 and the PWT is overrated. Platinum does what you're saying better, even if some of the Villa items are ridiculous to unlock.
>>
>>31882333
What, exactly, does Platinum has that BW2 doesn't? Other than that Underground ans Secret bases, which were shit anyway.
>>
>>31882349
>Battle Frontier
>Stark Mountain sidequest
>Contests
>Villa
>Game Corner
The secret bases kind of sucked but the Underground is awesome.
>>
>>31881744
>Sun and Moon that high
Find the gamefreak apologist
>>
>>31881806
I mean at least ORAS had exploration and player freedom. Sun/Moon had the player beinf Lillie's bodyguard ffs.
>>
>>31881806
>If only it had another six months in the oven.
Or hell even a whole year. ORAS came out right the fuck after XY, it should've been obvious that it was going to be shit.
>>
>>31882394
You've literally proven his point. Neck yourself
>>
>>31881888
Yes, ORAS are great games, and you'd have to be pretending or just have shit taste not to like them or to at least think they're decent.
>>
>>31881934
>SM
>game
Pick one. Sun/Moon were like movies.
>>
>>31881774
I don't get why everyone and their mother rates HGSS as the #1 best game of all time. I'm very inclined to believe it's solely due to nostalgia, if anything. Horrid level curve, annoying movement/pacing, THE worst PC we've ever had since Gen I/II and has no rewards for any of its features that you actually get to keep. They're really good games, but I just don't see how they're that much better than Platinum or BW2.
>>
>>31882383
>>Battle Frontier
PWT, which has as many gamemodes as Battle Frontier, plus the Tree/Tower and Subway. Not even a contest.

>>Stark Mountain sidequest
There's a lot to explore in BW2 too, including Mountains and small subplots like N releasing Legendary.

>>Contests
PokeStar, and while it is shit, the Musicals.

>>Villa
Join Avenue

>>Game Corner
There were a lot of Minigames you could play with your friends, just none singleplayer.
>>
>>31882231
finally Premium bait
>>
>>31882410
It failed to out innovate a game that came out 10 years ago
>>
>>31881806
Time doesn't mean anything for GF. SM had two fucking years and look at that rushed mess.
>>
>>31882527
This has been a thing forever to be fair

Except gen 5
>>
>>31881150
But I really do hate it. I took a break for the rest of Gen 6 that's how mad I was.
>>
I liked it better than XY.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.