[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shigeki Morimoto just sent you an e-mail to ask for your help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 12

File: type combos.png (48KB, 476x679px) Image search: [Google]
type combos.png
48KB, 476x679px
Shigeki Morimoto just sent you an e-mail to ask for your help making the Gen 8 pokedex.

>Hey Anon! How are you doing? I noticed you're a pretty intelligent pokemon fan. You have such wonderful and creatived ideas. We need your help to make some new Gen 8 pokemons. This one here is the list of unused type combinations. You must choose FIVE TYPE COMBOS and create pokemons for them: you can choose name, design, stats, ability, moves, anything you want. Of course it has to be something plausible though, we must please all the fans.

So, which type combos do you choose? And for which pokemons?
>>
>>31880456
>Fairy/ice type

>Alolan Ninetales
>>
File: Unused type combos.png (6KB, 128x600px) Image search: [Google]
Unused type combos.png
6KB, 128x600px
Here's a more accurate graph
>>
>>31880456
>Fairy/Ice
Hmm.. what about Ninetales, but blue?
>Fairy/Ghost
How about a ghost that disguises itself as Pikachu and has a free Substitute?
>Ice/Steel
How about... SANDSLASH, but blue?
>Electric/Psychic
How about Raichu as a surfin' dude?
Can't come up with a fifth, though.
>>
>>31880456
>/vp/
>pretty intelligent pokemon fan
Good one.
Bug Dark though. Some kind of weevil.
>>
>>31880503

>Normal/Ghost
Inspiration: Kasa-Obake: the umbrella yokai
Ability: Drizzle/Keen Eye
Signature moves: Smite (Normal type move that's SE against Ghost)
"Paranormasol" -> "Doombrella"
>Canopy Pokemon
>On rainy nights, off in the distance, a rain umbrella appears in the valley. Those that see it are overcome with terror and become rooted to the spot.
>Shade Pokemon
>Strong winds are sometimes said to be the work of Doombrella, who spy on prey with their large single eye before blowing them violently into the skies.

>Rock/Ghost
Inspiration: Gravestones/graveyards, bismuth
Ability: Sandstream/Prism Armor
Signature move: Regolith (high flinch chance)
"Spectrock" -> "Prismuth"
>Grave Pokemon
>The spirit of whatever was buried under this stone did not rest easy. It has returned to the world of the living - some say for revengeance.
>Iridescent Pokemon
>Its incredible colouration and sharp-angled twist and turns are said to be the manifestation of its extreme malice. Sometimes it seems to bleed with rage.
>>
>poison/steel alolan/mega wheezing based on a polluting factory
>bug/dragon Hercules beetle. Or some big ass fucking bug
>fairy/dark you know Mimi from super paper Mario (the cute girl that turns into a monster? Something like that. (Pic related)
>electric/psychic brain Pokémon that has disgustingly high sp attk and learns nasty plot
>bug/ice a scorpion fly
>>
>>31880574
Also a scorpion fly for the curious
>>
>>31880456
Well they fucking ruined Fighting/Dragon but they made the Fighting/Ghost awesome so now make Fighting/Electric. No doubt it will finally come with a good Physical Electric move.
>>
>>31880614
Congratulations! You got Rotom (Arcade Cabinet form), its special move is Focus Blast!
>>
>>31880565
that umbrella ghost is a pretty cool idea
>>
File: JagerLoweemon_b.jpg (81KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
JagerLoweemon_b.jpg
81KB, 320x320px
Just give Luxray an Electric/Dark Mega already
Yeah I know "Why is Luxray Dark though?"
Doesn't matter. Why does Mega Aggron drop its Rock type? Just because. It's not like Gamefreak are raring to do new type combos as it is.

Also; that Mega Klinklang that looks like a train, and the Mega Cofagrigus where the coffin opens. Those are great, and gen 5 deserves more Megas.
>>
>obvious fire/grass pepper or tiki meme
>ground/fighting kangaroo
>normal/ghost Schrodinger cat, Cheesire Cat, Sheet ghost, Opposum, Haunted doll, halloween kid in disguise, really there are so many concepts for a normal/ghost
>Poison/Electric battery (Bonus points if it gets the Corrosion ability)
>Fire/Fairy pegasus
>Poison/Steel trashcan
>Fairy/Fighting magic girl/ super heroine (Bonus points if it gets Levitate)
>Rock/Ghost Tombstone
>Normal/Ice Mountain Goat
>Normal/Steel Rhino
>Normal/Rock Fossil Mammal
>Electric/Dark Virus
>Poison/Ice Frostbite mon
>Fire/Ice Thermometer or Chinese Macaque
>Fairy/Dark Wolf in a sheep clothing
>Fairy/Groun Jackalope, Dust bunny, Magic Rabbit, Easter bunny or Pink Fairy Armadillo
>Poison/Psychic Psychedelic Shrooms
>Poison/Fairy Witch Doctor alt evo for Spritzee
>>
>>31880624
Goddammit.
>>
Electric/Grass = lemon battery. Not my idea but it's just fucking perfect.
>>
File: 1481934164163s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1481934164163s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
Why are all the poison combos and fairy combos so based?

Poison/Electric: a rotten battery would be cool, but i'm also thinking about a metroid-like floating creature. Maybe a jellyfish.

Fairy/Ground: a jackalope or sandman

Ice/Fire: an elemental spirit of some sort, with a design based on the greek theatre masks. One half is fire and the other half is ice.

Bug/Dragon: i'd have a bug/dragon creature hybrid, rather than a big bug with a dragon type slapped on, but i'll take anything to be honest.

Grass/Fire: it's so fucking retarded that we still don't have one, just make the pepper pokemon already.
>>
File: 1457071071559.jpg (25KB, 320x604px) Image search: [Google]
1457071071559.jpg
25KB, 320x604px
>>31880456
Rotom Smartphone form
>Electric / Psychic
>Using the wireless functions of a smartphone, Rotom can be seen jamming radio signals just for fun or even making prank calls.
>Design is similar to the Rotom Dex.

Chilli Pepper 3-stage mon
>Grass / Fire
>It uses its extremely spicy flavor to keep predators at bay. Care must be taken if using its fruits to cook.
>As Grass is now basically Waifu type, I was thinking in a similar design as Tsareena, but focusing Green/Red color combinations. 100% female.

Sperm Whale mon
>Ice / Steel
>Lives in very cold waters. Uses its extremely hard skull to break through ice.
>Design is basically Moby Dick with a helmet.

>>31880512
Business letters always have to slightly praise the receivers, even if they are the dumbest people in the world. People are more willing to help if you flatter them.
>>
>>31880456
>Bug/Psychic
Queen termite that guides its workers with telepathy while it sits on its fat ass. Has huge SpA, huge defenses, and bad speed. Make it kinda like Vespiquen except instead of only females evolving you have to feed it Royal Jelly.

>Fire/Grass
Big bulky grass type redwood tree monster with a split evolution. It can become petrified wood rock/grass tree, or you can set it on fire, making it still a big bulky fire/grass tree but it switches from being physically based to specially based.

>Normal/Rock
Make it a fossil-mon, make it one of those elephants with backwards tusks. The idea behind being part normal is getting to have STAB on Double Edge (because obviously the elephant has double edged tusks that poke itself) or STAB on Giga Impact. Give it Reckless for more fun, so it can also have powered up Head Smashes.

What od you think? Good ideas or not?
>>
>Normal/Ghost
An opossum. It actually has two forms with different typing, and switches between them with its ability.
As a pure Normal-type, if it sense an opponent with a move that would be SE against it (aka Fighting-type) it "plays dead" and changes form to Normal/Ghost. If it senses a Dark-type move, it will shift back to pure Normal.
Its ability can only activate once per turn, and is triggered when it switches in or when an opponent switches in.

>Electric/Poison
A hermit crab that wears a decaying battery as its shell. It has battery acid oozing from its shell, and one of its claws looks similar to a jumper cable.
The acid ooze glows and shifts color slightly. It glows brighter when the crab performs a special attack.
Its base stats are approximately 75/50100/105/65/105 (500 BST). For this example I just rearranged Muk's base stats.
>>
>Bug/Dragon

Manticore. ez

>Ghost/Rock

Mummy.
>>
>>31880456
Poison/electric pixelated scorpion-virus mon
Basically a counterpart to porygon which evolves with an upgrade.
Evo is a fast physical sweeper with 125/80/103 attack and 65/71/71 bulk
Poison, electric, bug and dark attacks.
A man can dream
>>
>>31880574
>Super Paper Mario

My African American Companion
>>
File: 1373330189426.jpg (62KB, 500x751px) Image search: [Google]
1373330189426.jpg
62KB, 500x751px
>electric dual-types exclusive to rotom formes

I hate this
>>
>>31881387
>that Elec/Poison
MUH DICK
Kantoan Crustle?
>>
>>31880878
>fairy ground
>jackalope
I think I may have found a fairy concept I actually like.

>bug/dragon fusion
>dragonfly is the obvious answer, but that's already taken (granted they could do another with more dragon-like features). other possibilities include damselfy, hellgremite, bombardier beetle (because they "breathe fire" in a manner of speaking), (I think a dragon/)moth, dragon-headed bug (Phrictus quinquepartitus), mantis that actually looks like a mantis, centipede that actually looks like a centipede, and others.
>>
>>31880456
Poison/electric

Toxic storm cloud pokemon
>>
>>31881522
radiation storm pokemon?

I feel like radiation and nuclear energy is the reason GF avoids making electric/poison and poison/steel pokemon
>>
>>31881503
I'd be down for Kantonian versions of Unovan Pokemon. Seems like a humorous twist, to me.
>>
File: 389px-Maledobsonfly[1].jpg (93KB, 599x389px) Image search: [Google]
389px-Maledobsonfly[1].jpg
93KB, 599x389px
>>31880456
>Bug/Dark
Dobsonfly. How many bugs are more suitable to get STAB on Crunch? Also, the babies are called Hellgrammites. Sounds kinda like Hellion, kit could work.
>>
File: 1487851159289.png (3KB, 128x216px) Image search: [Google]
1487851159289.png
3KB, 128x216px
>>31880503
fuck you gamefreak for wasting these types
>>
I'd really like an Ice/Poison legendary based on nuclear fallout, but I don't think that going to happen, because, you know. I just want more poison legendaries in general.
>>
File: SpinedMicrathena.jpg (231KB, 560x548px) Image search: [Google]
SpinedMicrathena.jpg
231KB, 560x548px
>>31881633
tfw leaving the ranger station one night, having to go back in and there being a hugeass dobsonfly just chillin on the door handle

And of course it'd have to be a female, since the ladies can actually bite unlike the males.

Also, still stand by the Spined Micrathena as a Bug/Dark Type. A Spiny Orb-weaver would also be acceptable, but the Micrathena is the one that I've actually had on me and damn did it give me the heebie-jeebies.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.