[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTCG/PTCGO General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 52

Megashark edition

New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/Jt1xGsqY

You can also check this FAQ:
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games) to get 45 free packs
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.

Deck Building resources
>http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/
>http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/
>http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/
>http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text, bots may snatch them, don't post uncovered QRs, bots may snatch them
>Standard etiquette is to take one code per dump per person
>Always post your pulls

Previous >>31860333
>>
>>31877907

>Those boxes will have Fates Collide packs

NOPE.jpg
>>
>>31878311
There's nothing wrong with fates collide. It has Mega Audino the most adorable pokemon ever concieved.
>>
>>31878311
They have to get rid of them somehow, I'm sure a lot of local card shops didn't buy any evo/fac after the launch pack since nobody wants these sets.
>>
Did the map trick at my local shop. Unfortunately the first pack on one of the sides was a GX but I still ended up with SR Metal, FA Espeon, Solgaleo, Lapras and Umbreon.

I hope Lapras' price rises.
>>
>>31878336

Well, I'm pretty sure at least they can rope people into buying Evolutions due to MUH NOSTALGIA and ZOMG CHARIZARD memes, but Fates Collide is a much harder sell

>Goes to a large LGS which sells everything
>No one wants Fates Collide packs and they still have a huge stack of unsode codes

FortyKeks.jpg
>>
>>31878327
FAC isn't quite as bad as EVO but it's still pretty bad, aside from a few meme megas and Zygarde-EX there's nothing really worthwhile in that set. Some of its memes were also killed in rotation like Bronzong BREAK.

>>31878352
I wouldn't bet on Lapras going up. It's true that some non-shaymeme player almost broke into top 16 with it but the deck requires a lot of things to go right to get 2 Lapras up to 3 energy each and the Manaphy on your bench. Maybe a t3/4 deck but I don't see it going higher, not nearly consistent enough.
>>
>>31878399
S&M's GX prices make no sense right now anyway. Tauros is in tier 1 decks and is among the cheapest ones yet Solgaleo is higher than average yet is not good at all. Lunala should be the worst one, not Gumshoos. Gumshoos isn't even bad, just underwhelming and lacking support.
>>
>>31878447
Tauros and gumshoos are splashable 1-2 of cards while solgaleo/decidueye/lurantis/lunala all require full playsets which is why they're more expensive.

Solgaleo isn't as bad as people think it is, it's just lacking good partners and suffering from the meta still being fast paced, someone hit top 8 with a Solgaleo/Lurantis deck. Lunala is kind of shit though just because le trash man of no fun memes completely ruins it.
>>
>>31878539
Solgaleo suffers from being useless after it uses its GX atatck and being a stage 2. Its attack is impossible to build a deck around since you use it once or twice if you get two out and then you're done for the whole game. Darkrai is the best bet for it, but it flows better without it even if Solgaleo can get lucky and get it some turn 3 300 damage swings.

Gumshoos/Disruption might get better once Choice Band comes out and lets it two shot everything, but Lunala is just bad in every deck that could ever run it, and it's extremely weak on its own. Who the fuck though 4 P for 120 was at all acceptable?
>>
Any thoughts on what the next support cards for S/M characters should be? I can see Guzma just being a reprint of Lysandre's effect, and someone suggested Plumeria being a debuffed Hypnotoxic Laser. I imagine Gladion's card is gonna be terrible, since he's Gladion.
>>
File: annoyed.png (60KB, 174x173px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed.png
60KB, 174x173px
I've been dicked over so many times by these draws I almost feel like 2 Special Charge isn't enough
>>
>>31878311
My thoughts exactly lmao
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-23+at+03.14.24).jpg (238KB, 848x678px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-23+at+03.14.24).jpg
238KB, 848x678px
>Tina Darkrai deck
>running silent lab

u what
>>
File: Bewear-GX-Promo.jpg (561KB, 868x1212px) Image search: [Google]
Bewear-GX-Promo.jpg
561KB, 868x1212px
Bewear-GX – Colorless – HP210
Stage 1 – Evolves from Stufful
[C][C][C] Bear Hug: 80 damage. The Defending Pokemon can’t retreat during your opponent’s next turn.
[C][C][C][C] Double Impact: Flip 2 coins. This attack does 100 damage times the number of heads.
[C][C][C][C] Big Throw-GX: Discard your opponent’s Active Pokemon and all cards attached to it. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack a game.)
When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

cards like these feel so underwhelming after Tauros
>>
>>31879383

>[five mirrion energy] Meme Shit GX: just oneshot something

why is this the consistent trend on everything. it's the main reason all of them just feel boring to even think about building a deck around
>>
>>31879413

>building a deck around your once-per-game GX attack
>>
>>31879377
If you are not facing megas and you just want to do a lot of damage you can stack up your tinas while hitting hard with Darkrai and nullifying basics abilities. That would make sense if you weren't using mega Mewtwo, kek
>>
>>31879383
>>31879413
Its a promo you dip
>>
File: 1484776972951.jpg (49KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1484776972951.jpg
49KB, 500x667px
i'm having trouble finding the recent top 32 decklists, have they been posted anywhere?

MTG had mtgtop8 for viewing tournament results, but i have no idea which hub to dig through for pogermen

if it helps, i'm specifically interested in the #2 decklist for that guy's Mega Mewtwo
>>
>>31879383
Thank fuck it's a promo and it won't take up a slot in my booster pack.
>>
>>31879892
MTG Goldfish is working a sister site, it doesn't have the most recent lists yet as they haven't been officially published, but it has good metagame breakdown.
http://www.pokegoldfish.com/

This one's been around a bit longer.
http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/
>>
>>31878680
>Its attack is impossible to build a deck around since you use it once or twice if you get two out and then you're done for the whole game.
Which is why you pair it with Lurantis.
>>
File: 1363279112573.gif (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1363279112573.gif
38KB, 250x250px
>>31880171

you da best

the m mewtwo jolteon list looks spicy, doesn't even run hoopa
>>
>>31880275
Can't find an M-Mewtwo/Jolteon EX list at either site.
>>
Is there an updated Full Retaliation Gyarados list with the Rotom Pokedex? I haven't played in a couple months and don't know what to cut, or even what non-Magikarp basics to run.
>>
When will the "do ridiculous damage based off you and your opponant's energy attachments" meme die?
>>
>>31880467

'vanilla' scaling damage in general is an annoying meme that's led to a self-cannibalizing meta

cool does-stuff attacks like mega sceptile end up irrelevant since it can't do muh oneshots on everything if you godhand
>>
>>31880590
If anything it should just be your own active, or benched, but not the opponents energy in any instance. Its not balancing, it just makes it unfun. i swear its the reason (aside from climbing HP numbers) why these days 120 for 3 energy just isnt considered good. If you cant knock anything out for a 1shot with 3, at most 4 energy you are gong to get eaten alive in competitive
>>
>>31880638

>>>>>> at most 4 energy

>make a mega tyranitar deck For Fun
>first pairing is Mega Fug
>exact 240s by their first turn
>can't dig to parallel or lysander by the time my two zubats and a mega ttar get fugged

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>31880679
Is it the community of tcgo not being consistent/standard or am i just retarded because i cant even crack above 50%win rate with Yveltal/garb. I wanted to practice but even games i win just come down to the wire and it feels like i fluked it
>>
>>31880704
Didnt mean to quote
>>
>>31880704
PTCGO is a little more wild as you're against a world meta rather than a local meta.
so expect more jank
>>
>>31879413

>just oneshot something

Bewear GX doesn't even do that - you don't actually get to take a prize for it. Of course, you'd win if your opponent only has one Pokemon left, but in that scenario you'd win if you knocked it out with one of the other GX moves we already have anyway.
>>
>guy has 2 lysandre and 4 seekers in discard
>"oh i dont need to worry bout lysandre anymore"
>he's running 4 lysandre too
>>
File: hydro dump.png (306KB, 489x522px) Image search: [Google]
hydro dump.png
306KB, 489x522px
>>31880467

People often describe these moves as being ways to 'punish' your opponent for over-committing energy to a Pokemon (e.g. attaching more energy than necessary to secure a KO with Thunder Lance). The problem is that this view inevitably makes some cards essentially unusable. Pokemon with high energy costs cannot be used as you will be 'punished' merely for attaching the energy required to attack*.

Attaching energy in order to attack is a fundamental part of the game, so I don't really understand why they keep making X Ball/Evil Ball/Energy Drive style attacks. The game seems like it will be slowing down in future to encourage more evolution (another fundamental aspect), but energy attachment is still going to be penalised.

*I'm not saying that these Pokemon would necessarily be good. They're generally too slow; Yveltal just guarantees they'll never do well.
>>
>>31881293
The worst is when they're attacks that scale off of both the user and the opponent's energy. If they scale only on the opponent's energy like mewtwo EVO's attack it's not overcentralizing at all and does what intended, it counters big energy cost pokemon, but is bad against low cost ones. But Yveltal/Megatwo get to have it both ways so they're never lacking damage, can easily scale to OHKO range and just inherently make anything that needs more than 3 energy to attack garbage. Garbodor is a similar kind of cancer in that it just blanket counters all ability based play so long as we have no item/supporter based tool removal. Here's to hoping Guzma/Plumeria or some team skull cards can steal Garb's float stone.

Tapu Lele was a disappointment to me in so, so many ways. It's such an obvious cash grab card that is obviously so bad for the health of the game. HEY WHAT IF WE COMBINE CONSISTENCY FEATURES OF SHAYMIN WITH THE ATTACK OF THAT MEWTWO THAT WAS SO EXPENSIVE?

It's like they obviously motion that they want to move away from basic spam but they're addicted to making cards like this.
>>
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/02/decidueye-gx-incineroar-gx-primarina-gx-premium-collections-in-june

This combined with tournament results is going to make decidueye-gx almost worthless, sell your owls now boys.
>>
Just got back into the TCG after leaving right before XY, have a bunch of packs to trade on TCG for. What are some new meta decks and new staples I should get ahold of?
>>
>>31881573
Kukui is the only one that comes straight to mind.
but i'm kinda new myself
>>
>>31881573
Check OP
>>
Is it worth trying super scoop up in a Serperior meme deck? It could be fun, but i kinda feel it also digs too deep into it.
>>
>>31881573
>right before XY

T1 meta decks right now are Yveltal-EX, Mega Mewtwo Y, Darkrai-EX and Vespiquen. Most of the GX cards are so far decent to meh, none really stand out, Tauros is great for splashing into old decks though so most run him as a one of at least.

Avoid any ability based strategies because Garbodor came back and there are only two sources of tool removal in the meta atm, one of which is an ability itself.
>>
Garchomp or fug for legacy?
>>
>>31881918

fug
>>
File: brigette.jpg (288KB, 325x450px) Image search: [Google]
brigette.jpg
288KB, 325x450px
A...Anon... there's only one day left! Please! I want to be part of your collection!

Did you know I can put 3 basic pokemon-GX on your bench because I was printed before they existed and there hasn't been a special ruling on them yet?
>>
>>31882144

Unless PCL (and by extension TPCi) erratas Bridgette to include GX Pokemon in the exceptions, you can put 3 Basic Pokemon-GXs on your bench
>>
>>31882156
Yeah, right now only Lapras can really take advantage of it because you don't really want multiples of tauros, but when Bulu comes out it'll be good in those decks as well. Like Hoopa for GX basic decks except it costs a supporter and can't be lysandre'd.
>>
Just got 20 codes for Flash Fire.
Should I bust em open to hunt for Lysandre?
What do they even go for as SM packs?
I'd think it wouldn't be a popular set.
>>
>>31882310
flashfire is barely a step above evo in terms of value, the only early xy set that kept value is PF.
>>
>>31882144
oh shit, I did not know that actually. Lele can serve as a new Hoopa now.
>>
>>31882642
No. Lele has to be played from the hand for her ability to work, much like Shaymin.

But it's good for other big GX basics like Drampa, Lapras, Snorlax and Bulu.
>>
>>31882144
A guy at a league I was at last night kept telling his opponents that his Regice is immune to Pokémon GX as well as Pokémon EX
Even after the judge told him he's wrong, he kept saying it just to try his luck.
>>
>>31881692

What's the most proficient Mewtwo deck?
>>
>>31883044
http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/primal-clash-sun-and-moon-decklists/#m-mewtwo

that's the standard list atm. Mewtwo sadly can't take advantage of Tauros unlike Darkrai and Yveltal which I think puts him a little below those decks.
>>
Is there any reason PCL are shitting out a million different collection boxes every single week like they're seriously doubting the longevity of the game and are going for as many quick bucks as they can?
>>
Why aren't EX dead yet?
>>
>>31882144

I still remember I pulled that same FA at my breakthrough pre-release. I wish I didn't sell her off after a while though... ;_;
>>
>>31883231
I'm just concerned about what the next rotation is. It's unlikely that they'll rotate all the way up to Sun & Moon and just leave 2-3 sets in Rotation, so next year is going to be loads of GXs and just a few EXs sat awkwardly at the back, waiting to die.
>>
>>31883220
SM and GO are giving them more audience so thats the time to make products.
>>
>>31883297

Fair enough, might as well peddle $40 worth of shitmons to professional shit eaters if they're going to impulse buy it every single time.

Usually I wait about a month and I'm able to trade for whichever promo they normally lock away behind a hideously overpriced "premium collection" for about some $3-4 in-set card because they impulse bought it and realised they have no real use for it.

I'm certain they're getting less sales by insisting on doing this, if they just put say, the Camerupt, M-Camerupt, Spirit Link, pin and coin in a blister and wanted $15 for it they'd get at least four times the sales they get for demanding an extra $25 of pointless crap.

Then again if they had a single clue what they were doing we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.
>>
>>31883288
RIP Salamence EX you were the hero we needed but came too late.
>>
>>31883288
thats basically guaranteed

then the rotation after will kill EX entirely
>>
EXes aren't going anywhere as long as fighting fury belt and max elixir continue to exist and also as long as PCL continue to endlessly reprint everything
>>
>>31883220
I think they're doing it as a way to finish off the XY promos they didn't do anything else with and get rid of stocks of old packs. It's a good thing I don't give a fuck about the sharpedo/camerupt/bewear boxes because I'm kind of interested in the Lucario box just to get the FA Jolteon-EX. I also want a Koko tin because I think it'd make an excellent one-of addition to my raikou/eels.

>>31883288
>sit awkwardly at the back

if they don't hit bkt/bkp, darkrai, yveltal and mega mewtwo are all staying. I don't see ANY of the GX cards supplanting them as top dogs in the meta, particularly the stage 2 GX cards which are so far either shit, too slow to compete or too dependent on abilities to do shit in a meta where garbodor exists with no tool removal to deal with him.

Honestly that, the lack of tool removal is the #1 problem in the meta right now. The top 3 decks are dominant because they don't use abilities (aside from giratina variants of darkrai but even then, Giratina is mostly there as a dark energy acceleration tool and attacker in special circumstances). Garbodor is like a 6 card investment that shuts down literally every single ability deck unless they get lucky and have a lysandre to snipe out trubbish.
>>
>>31883403
Lucario Box?
I looked it up and only found one from the Furious Fist era with a miniature of Mega Lucario; a Box that I never saw where I live. Care to share?
>>
>>31883403
>Garbodor is like a 6 card investment
4, right? I thought everything ran 2-2, the tools being in the deck regardless.
>>
>Lucario
>Decidueye
>Primarina
>Incineroar
>Bewear
>Sharpedo
>Camerupt
>Tyranitar
>Kingdra
>Scizor
>Charizard
>Venusaur
>Blastoise
>Snorlax
>Pikachu
>Gengar
>Magearna
>Volcanion
>Lycanrock
>Salamence
>Hoopa
>Mewtwo
>Mawile
>Rayquaza
>Ash Greninja
>Flygon
>Krookodile
>Kangaskhan
>Tyrantrum
>Mega Swampert
>Garchomp
>Primal Groudon/Kyogre
>like 3 different BREAK boxes
>the generations mythical collections

which pokemon is going to end up not getting a promo box?
>>
>>31883497
New one coming out with Magnectric/Lucario, Lucario spirit link promo and FA reprints of Zygarde-EX and Jolteon-EX. Kind of a weird collection but I'm pretty interested in nabbing some good looking FA cards before we enter the era of horrible looking FA GXes.

>>31883522
Eh, I include the float stones to be generous since at least one of your stones will be 'wasted' on garb. But of course if you're in a matchup where you don't need him, just throw him in the trash, he's happy there.
>>
>>31883563
>Lucario Spirit Link
Holy crap, sadly, way too late.
MLucario's attack isn't bad. But it's not built to score KO's.
>>
>>31882758
That other anon clearly meant that you use Lele to grab Brigette and then get 3 other GX with it.
>>
>>31883563
>'wasted' on garb
Removing him as a Lysander stall target is useful.
>>
>tfw you should be accumulating trade value to nab yourself a pair of Lele when they come out but you can't stop making slightly unfavorable trades for memedecks you play 5 times then get bored of

Somebody stop me, I just made a Lapras list.
>>
>>31883583
yeah the hilarious thing is it's not a new print mega unlike sharpedo and whatnot so he's still not standard legal, but his spirit link will be!
>>
File: Screenshot_20170223-204521.jpg (1MB, 1981x1255px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170223-204521.jpg
1MB, 1981x1255px
Any way I could improve this list?
>>
>>31883640
Wait? That's way too retarded. When they realeased those Dragonite EX FUF Boxes, that Dragonite count as "reprinted" so it's fair to use in standard, even if it sucks.
Maybe 2018 the tournament will be in Expanded format as in "XY-on"?
>>
>>31883702
Maybe they'll do that then. If they do though, that means M-Manectric is legal again.... but not his spirit link.
>>
>>31883679
Ditch one Flareon, all the Stardudes, add Hoopa EX, Salamence EX, Energy Retrievals (the game shouldn't last long enough for the Stardudes to be superior), and Trainer's Mails.
The Hoopa and Mails also thin out your deck to make Max Elixir more likely to hit, so you can probably cut a couple of the basic fires.
>>
>>31883702
Just reprinting something doesn't make it legal. If it keeps the original set symbol like Dragonite-EX did, it's not legal unless the original set still is.
>>
>>31882144
Im 800 points to you... wont make it...
>>
What about mew/pasimian, was it just a meme?
>>
>>31884473

Anything that simply loses when it has slightly unfavorable prizes is a meme.
>>
>>31884336
Make a deck designed just to set up vileplume and garbodor and the other people just concede
>>
>>31884336
Someone told me that on the last day you can use legacy to rank up points since there are lots of people there that just concede when they don't get the coinflip. You just go there and do it over and over again untill you get to the prize you want.
>>
Anyone else just having the worst luck this week? I swear I've constantly drawn the worst hands possible in every game I've played
>>
>>31885042
mine was 6 lands and my worst starter on my theme deck. instant concede there
>>
>>31885272
>6 lands
go back
>>
>>31885042
I had 3 hoopa only starts in a row before I decided to give the game a rest for a bit.
>>
Servers are offline.
>>
>>31885726

how am I online then?
>>
>>31885893
This, its working fine for me.

>>31885726
if you are getting stuck to 8 or 81% loading, just wait it out and try again, you can get in second or third try.
>>
File: ff.jpg (395KB, 1433x893px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
395KB, 1433x893px
About to bust open 20 Packs of Flash Fire hoping for a Lysandre.
Will post decent pulls.
>>
>>31886422
you can just trade few for 1 pack, or are you trying to get the full art?
>>
>>31886422
>tfw I pulled 2 FA Lysandres in a row out of locked daily packs
>>
>>31886457
ofc he's FA hunting.

Sadly Lysandre will probably rotate.
>>
>>31886457
>>31886422
Yeah, they're in some of the theme decks too
>>
>>31886457

Yup, shooting for the FA.
They're going for about 20+ SM packs.
Already have one but another wouldn't hurt. Plus I love FA supporters.
>>
File: fff.jpg (376KB, 1425x891px) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
376KB, 1425x891px
Second pack we got full art mom.
>>
File: ffff.jpg (397KB, 1421x891px) Image search: [Google]
ffff.jpg
397KB, 1421x891px
10th pack. Meh.
>>
File: fffff.jpg (343KB, 1415x887px) Image search: [Google]
fffff.jpg
343KB, 1415x887px
I didn't play when Flash Fire was in rotation.
This card looks like it would've been handy.
>>
File: flashfug.jpg (334KB, 1425x887px) Image search: [Google]
flashfug.jpg
334KB, 1425x887px
And that's all she wrote, boys.
2 EX every 10 packs.
>>
>>31886575
we fucking need tool removal so badly.
>>
>enter a tournament
>run into a guy with a nidoran as his opening card, think oh damn, poor noob
>he has a fucking shatter shot mewtwo and hoopa
>he attaches fighting energy to them and 3 psychic energy to Nidoran
>he's not new, just really bad
>>
>>31886817

How did you let him attach 3 to Nidoran?

Are you teling me that on turn 3 you have not take him out?
>>
File: darkrai dragons redux.png (681KB, 932x594px) Image search: [Google]
darkrai dragons redux.png
681KB, 932x594px
>>31887660
I had an OW Yveltal start and he had 2 pokemon center ladies.

Anyways, Yveltal is shit for energy acceleration, check out this hot new meme. Had a game earlier where I attached 3 DDEs and 2 dark energy during a dragon's wish on turn 3. You kind of lose slowly and painfully if you flub your DW turn, but if that turn goes well it's just an instant win with hilarious damage numbers. IDK why I bothered trying to make this deck work with Raikou when Darkrai is better in most respects atm.

I'd include xp shares, but healnite means that once you've got a dragonair, you can ultra ball a max potion for your darkrai that doesn't take energy off of it.
>>
>>31887784
>ultra ball a max potion

That deck looks spicy as fuck, literally stealing right now.
>>
>>31877907
>salamence ex is >= $20
>the box set is >= $60
Any chance of a reprint w/ the spirit link, the mega, and the mat? Seems like the perfect opportunity to throw in a bunch of shit packs and charge an inflated $30 (?) for the box.
>>
>>31888543

They might eventually reissue the boxset just like what they did with Mega Absol and Mega Mawile boxsets, but I highly doubt it
>>
File: haev.png (72KB, 983x1044px) Image search: [Google]
haev.png
72KB, 983x1044px
>prize 3 Passimian
>use Rotom turn 1
>prize 3 Passimian again
>>
>enter tournament
>first opponent has a connection so bad, it causes the client to lock up a few times
>free win because he times out
I'll take it
>>
File: kill everyone.png (428KB, 355x686px) Image search: [Google]
kill everyone.png
428KB, 355x686px
>>31889068
WHY

This means all 3 were in a row. WHY.
>>
Ok Oranguru is actually a lifesaver if they don't have Garb out. Fuck them Ning to two and getting playable cards while I get shit, based ape saves my ass each time.
>>
Crushing Hammer and Flare Grunt are so annoying.
>>
>>31886817
They can have a few good cards and still be new.
>>
>>31889501
Try losing 2 DCE to a turn 1 Skull Grunt when you move second, then you know the meaning of suffering.
>>
>>31889068
Rotom Dex is a meme. Just play Town Map.
>>
>>31878352
New in this Pokémon TCG thing, what is this map trick?
>>
Are the servers lagging for anyone else? It took me 3 tries to log in and when I did, I got DCed in the middle of the match.
>>
>>31889780
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SiHUlrMtFa4
>>
>>31889739
rotomdex is not a meme and it is a much better out for decks like Passimian that aren't capable of taking prizes if multiple swarm members are prized.

It's not as bad for something like goldfish where you still hit hard enough to take prizes with only 2 benched karps, but Passimian is basically worthless if you only have two of them and you can easily figure out if you need to dex by looking at your monkey count when you start balling.
>>
>>31889808
Only always. Welcome to PTCG.

I have basically the highest quality internet available in the US at home and it literally makes no difference, I disconnect here as much as I do at some dogshit wifi at a rest stop in the middle of nowhere.
>>
File: 1326392316616.png (124KB, 344x354px) Image search: [Google]
1326392316616.png
124KB, 344x354px
>Open no draw supporters
>"Oh well, at least I can Ultra Ball for a Shaym-"
>No Shaymin in deck
>>
>>31889945
>playing garde STS
>literally the ONLY deck I run two hoopas in
>ultra ball for my hoopa on turn 1
>404 pokemon not found

just gg'd out there, rofl. That card causes more ragequits than any other in my deck, either a solo hoopa start or hoopa being prized just ruins the game.
>>
>sick of trying to make a comeback from starting with hoopa/shaymin
>decide to concede straight away
>5 fucking games in a row now ive gotten either hoopa or shaymin as the only basic
>shuffling in PTCGO isnt rigged
>>
>>31890083
got to 7 in a row before i started with something else
>>
File: 1442904913560.jpg (122KB, 591x591px) Image search: [Google]
1442904913560.jpg
122KB, 591x591px
Help me with my M Gardevoir deck. It's primarily Shining Arrow (but i have a Despair Ray for those mewtwo EX match ups).

##Pokémon - 17

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Gardevoir-EX STS 78
* 3 M Gardevoir-EX GEN 131
* 1 M Gardevoir-EX STS 79
* 2 Xerneas BREAK STS 82
* 4 Xerneas STS 81
* 1 Hoopa-EX PR-XY XY71

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 N DEX 96
* 4 Fairy Garden FAC 100
* 3 Gardevoir Spirit Link STS 101
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78

##Energy - 12

* 12 Fairy Energy Energy
>>
I fucking hate getting memed on by passimian deck
>>
>>31890091
Yeah I've had shaymin/hoopa only hands all day today, threw in the towel for today, I'll get back on when the ladder resets

and gent a bunch because I want to trash my rating so I don't end up in "every fucking game is darkrai/yveltal/mewtwo" ELO on the first day of ladder
>>
>>31890173
1. Garde PRC is slightly better than Garde STS in the rare situations where you have to attack without being mega'd so if you can swap those out cheaply that's a good idea. But of course Garde PRC will rotate for sure and the STS ones will be recyclable into new standard decks. Also the STS ones have cooler looking art.

2. If you're going to have Skyla in your deck, you should squeeze in a fairy drop or two. Maybe drop one Xerneas. The heal is surprisingly good at cockblocking 2HKOs
>>
missing 275 points from getting second Brigette, grind it out Y/N?
>>
>tfw i was slack this time and im only half way to Bridgette
>>
>>31890288
yes

DO IT FOR HER, ANON
>>
>playing volcanion
>opponent is grass deck
>lurantis toolbox from his mulligan
>flip over both actives
>my volcanion vs his oddish
>he immediately concedes
>>
>>31890288
mfw im only 1000 off
>>
File: memewile.jpg (277KB, 1190x569px) Image search: [Google]
memewile.jpg
277KB, 1190x569px
Any way I can make this more consistently annoying?
>>
>>
File: Slowbro-SM2.jpg (87KB, 407x577px) Image search: [Google]
Slowbro-SM2.jpg
87KB, 407x577px
Slowbro – Psychic – HP110
Stage 1 – Evolves from Slowpoke

[C] Amnesia: 20 damage. Choose 1 of your opponent’s Active Pokemon’s attacks. That Pokemon can’t use that attack during your opponent’s next turn.

[P][C][C] Endeavor: 50+ damage. If this Pokemon is Poisoned or Burned, this attack does 80 more damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

That art is nice, wish it were better.
>>
>>31890481
though I guess it could be fun with Memeados and valley in Expanded, just use DC and smack for 130+ with basics.
>>
>>31890490
> just use DC
Thats not how valley works
>>
>>31890520
oh shit right, it would be just colorless less, so would still be 2 energies, well fuck that then.
>>
File: Umbreon GX.jpg (45KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
Umbreon GX.jpg
45KB, 245x342px
Please Tell me there's a deck build around this card.

I pull 3 of them, and I got a tournament coming up.
What are good other Pokemon to support it.
>>
>>31890577
Darkray ex and yvestal I guess.
>>
>>31890577
http://thecharizardlounge.com/2017/02/10/a-moonlit-illusion-umbreon-gxzoroark/
>>
>>31890577
>and I got a tournament coming up.
If there's anything more than a few packs on the line you're going to want to play an established T1 deck.
>>
>>31890601
>If there's anything more than a few packs on the line
That, and the winner gets two Booster box of Sun and Moon
>>
>>31890609
>the winner gets two Booster box of Sun and Moon
Fuck Umbreon, play turbodark.
I'd play Umbreon at my six-pack-for-top local, but two fucking boxes? That's $180! That could make an entire T1 deck pay for itself!
>>
File: 1452143367731~2.jpg (230KB, 732x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452143367731~2.jpg
230KB, 732x720px
>>31890585

>1 Flareon AOR
>1 Jolteon AOR
>1 Vaporeon AOR
Why?

I guess it could work with Tauros GX and another basic
>>
>>31890659
Vespiqueen, Yveltal, Volcanion.
>>
File: 468px-Pokemonrumble-u-bulbasaur.jpg (25KB, 468x411px) Image search: [Google]
468px-Pokemonrumble-u-bulbasaur.jpg
25KB, 468x411px
>>31890668
Does it work with Yveltal EX and Darkrai EX?
>>
>Vesp
Meant lurantis.

>>31890674
You mean the eevelutions? They only work with stage 1 mons.
>>
File: 1476399467616.jpg (86KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1476399467616.jpg
86KB, 500x1000px
>Grinding bolts on theme ladder because I'm a poorfag

Someone end this suffering
>>
So there's a hidden rank system on PTCGO?
>>
What does "advantage" in gold text mean when a duel starts?
>>
>>31891061
Yes
>>31891077
Who has the advantage has more ELO or hidden ladder points
>>
>>31891155
>ELO
Sorry, I'm still fairly new, what does this stand for?

>hidden ladder points
is this the lighting bolts that I get rewards for in vs?
>>
>>31891187
ELO is your hidden ladder points, and no, you can't see them, they're hidden, its a system to stop beginners getting matched up in battles with pros
>>
Is the heliolisk promo pack worth it?
>>
File: 1322681816942.jpg (26KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1322681816942.jpg
26KB, 500x375px
>client restarts out of nowhere
>log back in
>tutorial starts
>i'm in the tutorial with Darkrai Turbo
>it gives the same 'do this thing to proceed' instructions
>can't do the thing
>restart client, everything back to normal
>>
File: QuackingArrow.png (1MB, 1417x888px) Image search: [Google]
QuackingArrow.png
1MB, 1417x888px
>>31890288
>>31890302
>>31890392
Took me 4-5 hours to get the last 275 points, not really worth for 2 pack FA lmao.

Also played with pic related that I put together to test Decidueye with Toad, never played with Toad before and not much in expanded anyway, but the list felt solid and I went 38-6, lost when I got itemlocked turn 1 when they went first by Trevenant couple of times but also win once or twice, also lost twice against "deck and cover team" or whatever its called, at least that was the name of the attack.
>>
>>31891297
Since coins don't really have a value no one can say
It is Roaring Skies which is considered the best value pack
>>
>>31891297
Grab it once for your collection.
>>
>first game of the day
>disconnected

rofl kill me
>>
>opponent crushing hammer flips heads three times in a row
>leave

no. why. literally why do cards like this exist
>>
>>31891577
>not running a deck with 4 crushing hammers, 3 enhanced hammers and 4 team flare grunts
>>
>>31891611

grunts and enhanced are fine, coinflip cards that actually make a meaningful impact literally what the heck Get Out
>>
File: 1446511715463.jpg (66KB, 460x450px) Image search: [Google]
1446511715463.jpg
66KB, 460x450px
>40 more bolts to reach darkray EX on theme versus
>>
>>31891688
There's two darkrais.
>>
>>31891688
literally just gent lmao
>>
>>31891696
What is a gent

>>31891693
Yeah I'm at the second one.

Shit's hard yo
>>
>>31891714
read the pastebin, I specifically added a section to tell new players about the custom of genting. First and last day of the ladder people will go on the legacy ladder and concede if they don't call the flip.
>>
>>31891720
I don't have a legacy deck tho.
>>
>>31891722
Then build one? You don't need a real legacy deck, just 60 cards that are legacy legal, which you get from redeeming Rallying Cry alone.
>>
File: 1461086828922.jpg (232KB, 1200x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1461086828922.jpg
232KB, 1200x1064px
>>31891770
Oh cool, thanks.

Finally the pain is over
>>
How much are Mew cards prized at? 1 (Sun & Moon) pack?
>>
>>31891688
>400 to bridgette
>even if i always win itll take the day

>>31892237
Regular is 0.5
>>
File: tfwpoor.png (727KB, 919x575px) Image search: [Google]
tfwpoor.png
727KB, 919x575px
R8 my first meme-but-not-so-meme
>>
>>31892303
If you're going to trade for Zoroark BREAKs you might as well just trade for Darkrais because they're cheap right now, go 4 Darkrai, 2 Yveltal XY. Slot in some float stones, drop your DCE and go 10-12 darkness, running 4 elixirs with 8 darkness is a mistake.
>>
>>31892350
kay, I'll go full dark then.

What about dropping one remoraid for 1 oranguru? Or just drop the entire Octillery line for oranguru and 1/2 more trainers? Will I regret it?
>>
>>31892369
If you're doing octillery it should be a 2/2 line. Otherwise do 2 oranguru and maybe add 2 N or something.
>>
File: prayforme.png (72KB, 284x245px) Image search: [Google]
prayforme.png
72KB, 284x245px
Oh, Jez, only 6 hours to get half a win

Send me your energy guys
>>
File: 1455211942743.gif (883KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1455211942743.gif
883KB, 250x250px
>>31892501
Do it.
>>
>>31892517
Thank you
With your help and the help of others like you I 6-zeroed a Solgaleo/Mega Steelix deck with Typhlosion to claim my rightful place as Champion
>>
>Started genting to grab some darkrais
>Get a message said that collusion/genting is not welcome and may be bannable
Are they bluffing, or are they for real? If so, is there a way around this?
>>
>>31892713
First I've heard of it
They've been saying for a while they were going to crack down on it
Unlikely they'll dole out bans in the first month of this being in practice
>>
File: $_35.JPG?set_id=2.jpg (10KB, 215x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.JPG?set_id=2.jpg
10KB, 215x300px
>>31892501
>>
>>31892713
>message
from like, another player, or from the game client?

because leddit has been claiming you'll get banned for genting for as long as genting has existed
>>
>>31892812
I opened up the game after taking a break to go to class, and when I got to the main screen, an in-client message popped up saying that genting was against the terms of service.
>>
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/50831-exploitative-farming-of-versus-rewards/

>The Pokémon TCG Online team is aware of a technique, dubbed the “Gentlemen’s Agreement” which players exploit to gain Versus Points through collusion, rather than gameplay. This behavior is in violation of the Terms of Use and directly contradicts the game’s goal of providing a fair, fun and competitive play environment.

>Accounts with a significant history of engaging in this exploit have received suspensions as a warning. The Pokémon TCG Online staff will continue to monitor game activity for similar patterns and apply account discipline as warranted, up to and including account termination. Our goal is to always make Pokémon TCG Online the best experience for all players involved and we thank you for your ongoing support and time spent playing the Pokémon TCG Online.
>>
>>31892830
Ah fug. Guess I better stop genting then. RIP that extra Darkrai EX.
>>
File: IMG_0711.png (3MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0711.png
3MB, 2048x1536px
>>31892830

And this popped up when I logged into the client, it's about damm time.
>>
>>31892866
Those losers wouldn't dare
>>
>Reminder that gaining Versus Points through collusion and not gameplay is a violation of our ToS
I take it that this is referring to gent-ing?
>>
>>31892886

You'd be surprised, remember that pack farming glitch?
>>
>>31892830
>doesn't cite where in the ToS it states that this is against it.
Lawfag here. I just read the ToS, and it says absolutely nothing about collusion with other players. The closest I found was this line:
>(xii) Take any action to cause, or exploit, known or latent malfunctions, bugs or other defects in the Service or system used to operate the Service...
And that's shaky at best.

So really they're probably just butthurt about it. I'd personally pay it no mind.
>>
>Finish second in Standard tournament
>Rewards says 4 packs in total
>Get 5

Where are my trophies saved?
>>
File: thinking emoji.jpg (219KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
thinking emoji.jpg
219KB, 1600x900px
Is this worth it?
>>
So who /reportinggenters/ here now that the staff has weighed in on it? I know I will.

>>31893058

Here's the funny thing about the TCGO's ToS, it can also be altered at any time if the company needs to. They'll probably add something about collusion soon. Have you forgotten about Shiftry NXD?

>And that's shaky at best.

And the TCGO staff could easily cite it as a flaw in the concede function with the GA being a way to avoid the prying eyes of the TCGO Staff.
>>
>>31893138

Hell no, you can find a cheaper Nest Ball SR and you'll want to have Salamence-EX for Volcanion decks.
>>
>>31893274
Well, I have two copies, I didn't think you'd need more than one.
>>
>>31893264
To be certain, they can alter it any time they want, however caching and archiving exists. If they try to punish people for violations of a ToS BEFORE they change it, or try to claim "you can't appeal because we warned you it was a ToS violation", it can be easily turned around as them lying about the content of the ToS at the time they issued the warning. That's fraud.

Additionally, despite their ability to change it, they HAVEN'T yet, so it leaves me wondering if this isn't just a scare tactic so that they don't have to actually call up their legal guys and pay them to edit the ToS.

For them to claim that the concede function has a flaw, they would have to be able to prove there was company knowledge of it being a flaw and provide adaquate reasoning as to why it wasn't fixed. If they can't, then they're just talking out their asses, legally speaking.

There is absolutely nothing discouraging players from colluding with the ToS as it stands, making any claims to the contrary completely irrelevant.
>>
>>31890481

an uninspired, boring card. I'd have been happier if they just drew a picture of slowbro than showed something that will take up a place in our rare slot
>>
Next they're gonna implement rules against repetitive trading.

STOP TRYING TO GET AHEAD REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>31893381
>WE CAN'T JEW YOU WITH MICROTRANSACTIONS AND P2W
>STOP FINDING CLEVER WAYS TO NOT HAVE TO BUY CARDS.
>>
>Join my first event
>Lose at the second match
>Guess I have to press leave?
>No packs

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>31893058
So we can keep on genting then?
>>
>>31893447
You'll get them when the event ends.
>>
>>31893295

The staff has known genting for a while, one the TCGO staff members commented on genting in a site-that-must-not-be-named thread relating to the topic well over three months ago.

>Additionally, despite their ability to change it, they HAVEN'T yet.

That's because they have to update the client to do so, that's I mentioned they'll do it eventually.

>so it leaves me wondering if this isn't just a scare tactic so that they don't have to actually call up their legal guys and pay them to edit the ToS.

Seeing as how they've know about it for more than three months, they more than likely already talked to their legal team and what we're seeing now is what they told the staff to do.
>>
>>31893482
Oh ok.

That makes sense
>>
>>31893496
No legal staff worth their paycheck would've said "yeah just lie about what's on your ToS. That'll get 'em to stop."

>>31893475
They can still smack you, it's just not a violation of their ToS like they're claiming.

The smarter thing (albeit more dickish thing) would've been to just terminate all accounts found genting, with no reason given. Giving a reason for the punishment opens deliberation about the terms of that reason.
>>
>>31890481
That's really cute
>>
>>31893550

You're forgetting that you're dealing with TPCi's lawyers, the same people that send a C&D letter to a Seattle-based bar party for unlicensed usage of their characters.

>The smarter thing (albeit more dickish thing) would've been to just terminate all accounts found genting, with no reason given.

Which is probably what they'll be doing.

>Giving a reason for the punishment opens deliberation about the terms of that reason.

And most will probably be settled out of court, but you sure as hell won't be getting your old account back.
>>
File: 1457459658385.png (956KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1457459658385.png
956KB, 1000x750px
>Tfw random packs won in the tournament are evolution
>>
>>31893591
>the same people that send a C&D letter to a Seattle-based bar party for unlicensed usage of their characters.
Yes, because they own that IP and have rights to enforce their control over it. There's no real legal dispute there, and you out yourself as talking out your ass by using it as an example.

I take it you're the resident tripfag that everyone filters for being a troublemaker/moron? I seem to be the only person responding to you, so I assume that's the case.
>>
>>31893595
>they're always THE WORST
>>
>>31893604
>not using 4chan X and make all anonymous

If he is alakazam, yes he is a fag.
>>
>>31893619
What should I even do with this? Open and hope I get 1 of the 2 cards that are worth of the entire pack?
>>
>>31893624
It's Binder Guy. Don't worry, I already have Alakazam filtered from when he decided to visit /a/rc-v and tell us how our game worked when he hadn't even finished reading the rulebook.

I don't make everyone anon because I browse /tg/ and /m/, where most tripfags are genuinely useful or at least easily filtered.
>>
File: 1375631349852.jpg (29KB, 475x491px) Image search: [Google]
1375631349852.jpg
29KB, 475x491px
>>31893595
>tfw ALL of the random packs you get from a tournament are Sun & Moon.
>>
>>31893604

I've had him filtered for over a year my dude. The guy thinks he's special or something
>>
>>31893624

>making everyone anon

Tripfags are either easily ignored or worth filtering outright
>>
>>31893381
I would love if it they did limit trading.
I wouldn't have to trawl through mounds of shit to find the market value of cards, and unlike genting it's actually scummy.
>>
>>31893714

They don't need to do that. They just need a way to filter specific peoples trades.

That way you don't see one guys long list of pathetic attempts to get a Shaymin for less than a pack.
>>
>>31893751

Seconded, although it will take some time given what the staff has said about making additions like that.
>>
>>31893751
I always search for specific cards, and 99% of the trades are ridiculous. Like offering a Tauros for 5 RS packs, offering 1 SM pack and random junk for a Tauros.
Even more subtle stuff like "Ariados trading" is essentially stealing from children.
>>
Anything useful in plasma freeze packs? Should I roll the dice on that bundle?
>>
>>31893903
and by that i mean plasma blast ofc, and stuff that i can actually use, not blingfag shit.
>>
>>31893910
Virizion EX, Genesect EX, Jirachi EX, Silver Bangle, Silver Mirror, G Booster, and Scoop Up Cyclone to name a few.
>>
>>31893910

That depends on the format. Standard and Expanded have no use for the set, but Legacy is where Genesect-EX shines.
>>
>>31893938
When you put it that way what the heck, was saving tokens for guardians but that's months off.

With my luck I'll pull a Jirachi-EX a few months before lele cucks it into obsolescence, though i guess it's still legacy legal while lele isn't?
>>
>>31893910
Blastoise is still viable on expanded
> Silver Bangle, Silver Mirror
Only in legacy, were even getting bangle 2.0
>>
File: genesectr.png (997KB, 1187x722px) Image search: [Google]
genesectr.png
997KB, 1187x722px
>>31893950
Got my Genesect! lmao. Pulled a catcher in one of them, 2 left.
>>
>>31893958
>With my luck I'll pull a Jirachi-EX a few months before lele cucks it into obsolescence, though i guess it's still legacy legal while lele isn't?

Yep, Jirachi-EX also has a friend in Level Ball due to only having 90 HP.
>>
>>31893714
They spend tokens on public trades instead of buying packs, let them make shit deals.
>>
>>31894000
it still impresses me that people do this. I've seen one guy with more than 100 dogshit trades that would never be accepted by anyone with a brain, like 99 commons for a shaymin.

If these people put all of the tokens they spent on shit trades into packs they'd have shaymins by now.
>>
>>31894000

One thing I'd recommend doing is writing down the usernames of those making shit trades, going over to the trading companies, and check if any of the names listed in those threads match up to the names on your list.
>>
>>31894015
What for? If TPCi were going to crack down on those companies, they would have done so by now. Their very business model is built on collusion.
>>
>>31893851
>Even more subtle stuff like "Ariados trading" is essentially stealing from children

Newfag here, What's that?
>>
>>31894099
You pick a staple card. Buy four of them for a pack, sell two of them for a pack.
>>
>>31894099
Basically you play the market.
You buy 4,8,12... copies of a card for a single pack, then sell 2 copies of the card for one pack.
This is the most efficient way to get packs.
>>
>>31894119
>>31894117
Ty
>>
>tfw the jews are perfecting their methods
>>
File: 20170224_170708.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170224_170708.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Open or keep for 5 years and sell for $30?
>>
>>31894316
Just open it, jeez. Unless you're gathering stuff like this in bulk it's absolutely not worth sitting on to let it build value. Like if it was a booster box of a good set, maybe there's a reason for that.
>>
>>31894316
i cant believe tpci is altright
>>
>>31892866
I loved the "friendly reminder"

>>31894316
I must say I was surprised to read 10 addictinal cards. Not buying booster packs IRL and only checking the rare on-line made me forget the difference between MtG, Pokémon and YuGiOh
>>
>>31894672
YGO's up to 9 cards these days, and they have the fewest of the big 3.
>>
>>31894819
Not that it mattered to me, near the end of YuGiOh days (in my part) I was only buying Hidden Arsenal from 1 to 7.

Rest in peace Steelswarm
>>
File: IMG_0557.jpg (128KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0557.jpg
128KB, 640x480px
I haven't played the TCG in something like 10 years, so I went to the game store today and bought 30 packs.

Anything good in here from the foils? Figure I'll sell the garbage.
>>
>>31895016
That Decidueye GX is worth a bit
Garbodor and Volcanion EX are good for competitive
>>
>>31895016
Decidueye, Volcanion, Umbreon and Garbodor are good pulls.
>>
Garbodor, volcanion and decidueye are good, greninja is okay.
>>
>>31895050
issue with greninja is it's in a theme deck so the value is kind of reduced.
>>
File: PULL.png (1MB, 1274x745px) Image search: [Google]
PULL.png
1MB, 1274x745px
hmmm nice
>>
>>31895129
Trade it for two regular ones
>>
File: 1386810262280.jpg (19KB, 432x345px) Image search: [Google]
1386810262280.jpg
19KB, 432x345px
>>31893058
>Lawfag here. I just read the ToS, and it says absolutely nothing about collusion with other players. The closest I found was this line-

You clearly didn't or you're a bad lawfag, you forgot about a key phrase in the deeper parts of the ToS.

>We have the right to suspend or terminate your account, with or without notice, and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service due your violation of the Terms, or if we determine in our sole discretion that suspension or termination is in the best interest of supporting a fair, wholesome and safe environment for users of the Service (including participants in Play! Pokémon Program, PTCGO or any other portion of the Service.)
>or if we determine in our sole discretion that suspension or termination is in the best interest of supporting a fair, wholesome and safe environment for users of the Service (including participants in Play! Pokémon Program, PTCGO or any other portion of the Service.)
>supporting a fair, wholesome and safe environment for users of the Service (including participants in Play! Pokémon Program, PTCGO or any other portion of the Service.)

That's what the ban on Genting is based on.
>>
plasma Thundurus EX
>>
>>31895257
Anyone know what the full art ladder reward is this round?
>>
>>31895253
No, I read that. You'd have to make an argument that it's somehow making the game worse for the community.

I want you to make that argument for me, right now. No, seriously. Make the argument, as if you were TCPi. If you can prove me wrong and make a good argument about it, then I get to learn something, so you don't even have to worry about making me butthurt or something.
>>
>>31895332
>play legacy
>opponent concedes
>happens more than once
>waste time watching concedes instead of playing against opponent
>"this format is boring im never touching it again"
>>
File: [poppo intensifies].gif (183KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
[poppo intensifies].gif
183KB, 500x250px
What if the rewards were really good this time around and thats why they're trying trying to spook people into playing fair?
>>
>>31895357
>play legacy
>opponent playes weavile
>happens more than once
>waste time watching opponent masturbate instead of playing against opponent
>"this format is boring im never touching it again"
>>
>>31895402
Hey he is playing actual cards.
>>
File: Kermit.jpg (21KB, 272x285px) Image search: [Google]
Kermit.jpg
21KB, 272x285px
>>31895332

A lot of people have already said that Legacy is next to impossible to play due to genting.

>Just wait until they concede, then your ELO will rise and you'll actually start to play matches!

You have to run a Tier 1 deck to do that, there's no middle ground that allows Tier 2/3 decks to flourish. And to add insult to injury, some genters run Tier 1 decks as well.

>B-but how am I supposed to get that FA Supporter now.

You're not, the key word is Vs REWARDS, they're given out to players that play heavily, not those farming wins. And yes, the TCGO staff said this.

>But they're trade-locked, that doesn't give anyone an advantage!

That depends on your definition of advantage. A player who doesn't have one of those URs will enjoy their shiny new toy, but a player with a full playset of said UR cards will now have a tradable card they can now use to get better stuff or packs
>>
Amazon had the SuMo ETB for $30 from a third party. if you're willing to not choose which box, so I figured since it's cheaper to buy this instead of 8 singles where I am, why the fuck not?

Here are the pulls.

Coupled with the singles I've bought, I've pulled 4 GX/FA/RR out of 20 packs total. 25% seems bretty gud, especially considering I opened close to 40 STS packs and only pulled 4 EX/FA/Break.
>>
>>31895418
Yes, wonderful. Really riveting. Truly, I can see tpci's vision, and I hope they introduce more decks like weavile, and print more coinflip cards like crushing hammer.
>>
>>31895397

If the rewards were really good they wouldn't be afraid to tell you what the rewards are.

They hide it to deceive you.
>>
>>31895479

They hid it because people were leaking them 5 minutes after the ladder updated and ruined the surprise.
>>
>>31895467
>SuMo

SM
>>
>>31895520
No thanks, I'm more into vanilla.
>>
why am i being matched against nothing but tryhard shit, i thought the ladder was supposed to reset?

i just want to play memes.
>>
>tfw "friendly" reminder

Aaaand there goes my points farm for roaring skies packs. like 150 packs and no shaymin. I guess I won't get it no matter what.
>>
I just recently got into TCG, when is the Sharpedo coming out. Also I'm almost done with the SM Base set, missing secret and rainbow rares. (Got Ultraball thankfully) where can I buy the rainbow and secret rares relatively cheap? Tyvm.
>>
>>31895507

The surprise? Tell me why they should be a surprise. You're being fucked in the ass right at this very moment and loving it.
>>
When does the boost in points and event tickets end?
>>
Simple Solution to the "Genting" "problem": Make it not count if the opponent concedes before a certain point. Then people have to actually play some cards before they can get free points, or genters have to instead go "we'll play to 2 prizes" or something.

Hell, in YGO you CAN'T surrender until a total of 10 turns have passed.
>>
File: forretress.jpg (127KB, 845x511px) Image search: [Google]
forretress.jpg
127KB, 845x511px
Was this good? Idk why fortress would have so much value.

>>31895564
MSharpedo comes in april, reg sharpedo is from Primal Clash.
>>
>>31895602

>Hell, in YGO you CAN'T surrender until a total of 10 turns have passed.

>go afk for 10 turns
>it makes it so miserable your opponent is likely to give up (unless he plays a real legacy deck)
>>
>>31895542
>like 150 packs and no shaymin.
You could have traded those for like five to eight Shaymin dude.
>>
>>31894099
>Not knowing the meme spider trading tricks

>>31894316
Hold on for 5 years just for that extra $5 :^)
>>
>>31895654
he's takking about store packs.
>>
>>31895654

I would if I could. Sadly you can't trade store packs.
>>
>>31895631
What you dont know will hurt you
>>
>>31895332

I don't play Legacy, but I frequently see people in these threads complaining that they can't actually get a game because of genting. They try to play, but if they were 'supposed' to concede, their opponent just spams 'Well Played!' at them and lets the timer count down.

You already sound kinda butthurt btw.
>>
>>31895682
>>31895737
Oh.
Carry on, I'm an idiot.
>>
>full art colress is the new reward
eh
>>
>>31896058
I figured it would be him.
>>
>>31896090
what makes you say that?
>>
>>31896114

I believe it's the only BW FA supporter who hadn't been on the wheel yet.
>>
>>31896114
Plasma Thundurus and plasma jolteon, Colress is the plasma electric guy.
>>
What the fuck. sat at waiting for my opponant to load in screen and a minute later it says the other guy won and thanks for watching
>>
Whats better format? Standard or Expanded? Also im looking to by a bunch of trainer cards willing to blow 90usd. Can someone give me a list of the must have meta trainers that make decks actually flow and tick? Thanks /PTCG/
>>
>>31896517
Holy fuck you didn't even check the pastebins or google for five seconds.

Just leave.
>>
>>31896517
Read the OP.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (17KB, 227x227px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
17KB, 227x227px
I'm thinking of deleting my decks online and just making decks without Shaymins since I can't afford it IRL and just playing and practicing decks without Shaymin online and then at some point building a deck or two for IRL without Shaymins.

Especially since in the future there is going to be things like Lele and maybe even the Bewear with quick money for support/consistancy/draw power and I already have Octillery lines and Oranguru too irl.

Though I could still have the strongest Tier 1 decks somewhat separated at my deck manager and playing with them enough so that I know how they work and understand their weak points so I can somewhat try to counter them with my own decks etc, also guess I could use a friend who plays tier 1 decks to test my decks with.

Solid idea Y/N?

Also is there a good deck tier list somewhere?
>>
>>31896604
Just do Golduck and throw in a Beedrill.
>>
>>31896517
>Can someone spoonfeed me a list
Read the OP. Learn how to use google.
>>
>>31896628
didn't ask for help what decks to play m8, I have shit ton of decks made already but 99% is with Shaymin including Golduck.

But yeah for sure going to try Golduck without Shaymins among with just about everything else.
>>
>>31896649
>>31896595
>>31896547
* 4 Professor Sycamore
* 2 Parallel City
* 1 Olympia
* 4 Ultra Ball
* 3 Escape Rope
* 4 Max Elixir
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt
* 1 Pokémon Center Lady
* 4 VS Seeker
* 4 N
* 4 Lysandre
* 2 Exp. Share
* 3 Trainers' Mail
* 3 muscle band

Anything else im missing? Do i need more of certain cards? Thanks for the input
>>
>>31896711
2 Shaymin and you're good.
>>
>>31896725
nice emojis
>>
>>31896716
thanks meng
>>
>>31896604

yveltal/garb
darkrai turbo and darkrai/dragons
mega mewtwo/garb
vespiquen

garde sts
gyarados at
volcanion
mega rayquaza
rainbow road

lurantis/solgaleo
lurantis/vileplume
decidueye/tauros
garde prc/xerneas break
xerneas break/snorlax gx/dragons
raikou/electrode
lapras water box
decidueye/vileplume
toolbox
carbink/zygarde
giratina/tauros
greninja break

basically to be a t1/2 deck you need to be able to hit OHKO range on shit or be very effective at trading prizes like vespiquen. 2HKO 2 prize decks don't cut it right now.
>>
Why can i never set up garb as soon as i need to in yveltal/garb? is tcgo jewing me hardcore on draws? This is my decklist

##Pokémon - 13

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 3 Yveltal BKT 94
* 1 Yveltal GEN 116
* 3 Yveltal-EX PR-XY XY150
* 2 Trubbish BKP 56
* 2 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 1 Olympia GEN 66
* 2 Lillie SUM 122
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 2 N DEX 96
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Reverse Valley BKP 110
* 2 Parallel City BKT 145
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 13

* 9 Darkness Energy GEN 81
* 4 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114
>>
>>31896825
study probability and the gambler's fallacy.

keep in mind that PTCG as a game is very, very shuffle based. There is a lot of RNG involved.
>>
>>31896711

>* 3 Escape Rope

3 is probably overkill; 2 should usually suffice (especially as you will sometimes want to go with Switch instead). YOU NEED FLOAT STONE.

>* 2 Fighting Fury Belt

Some decks run 3 of these.

>* 4 Lysandre

Definitely overkill. You will never need 4 Lysandre.

>* 3 Trainers' Mail

Probably worth getting a 4th. Generally 3-4 Trainers' Mail are run - I tend to run 4.

>Anything else im missing?

Like I mentioned above, Float Stone is vital. Hex Maniac & Pokemon Ranger are decent cards to have available (you only need 1 of each). Some other search ball cards (Level/Dive/Nest) could be useful in some decks.
>>
>>31896856
but everyone raves that its the most consistent deck in the format with turbo darkrai, yet ive got like a 10% win ratio with it
>>
>>31896859
>never need 4 lysandre

some 2HKO centric decks, particularly item lock decks carry 4.
>>
>>31896711
Also 2-3 Float Stones.
>>
>>31896884
that's because it is. the chance you're misplaying that brainless deck is pretty low so I'm gonna assume you're just getting poor luck. What's your sample size? 10 games? 1,000 games?
>>
File: 1439441057151.jpg (75KB, 710x545px) Image search: [Google]
1439441057151.jpg
75KB, 710x545px
>>31896886

>item lock decks

These decks aren't real shut up.

You should be arrested for suggesting getting 4 Lysandre in order to be able to run item lock.
>>
>>31896917
probably about 30-40 games. I get bored trying to make it work and just go back to volcanion which nets me big gains
>>
>>31896825
Looks like you are having little less consistency in getting garbo in play and instead having more stadiums and hammers, maybe scrap some of those, at least the hammers and add 4th ultra ball and trainers mail and you are already little more likely to get garbo in play.

And if you want to discard some energy them Flare Grunt should do it, London IC winner yveltal list had it too, with enhanced hammers tho.
>>
>>31896884

When I first started playing DarkTina, I had an atrocious winrate. I persisted and reached a point where I was sick of using it, but then I suddenly started to win fairly consistently. Obviously my Elo had dropped, but even after I started to face proper opponents I continued to win.

I think it was just a matter of getting used to the deck and how best to allocate resources (especially early game). Could be the same with you.

>>31896932

I have recently switched back to Volcanion too (I played Volc before DarkTina). That was because Lurantis, Vileplume and Decidueye got popular though and hitting for >200 damage each turn makes for easy wins.
>>
What's a decent Expanded deck I can put together with some garbage cards on TCGO?
All I've got is the Magikarp's Revenge Deck, Mental Might Deck and some crap pulls from a few individual packs and whatever default cards they give you.
New to TCG so I'm a bit of a scrub.
>>
>>31896972
Thanks ill try that
>>
>>31896977
volcanion just seems to be so intimidating, turn 1 you have 4 on the bench and hitting max elixirs people just concede
>>
>>31896755
cheers, is there a website where I can find the most up-to-date public lists of these decks?
>>
>>31897013

>hitting max elixirs

I actually run a slightly unusual Volcanion list without Max Elixirs. I focus on hitting for 100+ on turn 1/2 with baby Volc and use Power Heater to get energy on my EXs. After that, my strategy varies depending on board state and my hand/discard pile.

I know I'm in the minority, but it works phenomenally well.
>>
>>31897070
what do you do to accelerate energy onto the baby?
>>
>>31897090

You don't. You aim to hit 2/3 Steam Ups every turn in the early stages so that Power Heater does decent damage.

Against non-EX/GX (i.e. 6 KO) decks I will usually put the Power Heater energy on a benched baby Volc as opposed to the EX. Other than that, baby Volcs get 1 [F] and that's it.
>>
>>31896993
Expanded is rough to get into as your first meta. You need a standard deck first. That being said, there are quite a few expanded decks that are just modifications of standard decks that use the wider support pool for the same powerful attackers. For example, Raikou/Electode becomes Raikou/Eels, Yveltal/Garbodor becomes Yveltal/Archeops. Other good decks include night march, trevenant break, accelgor/wobbafet, seismitoad/giratina, vespiquen, and virizion/genesect though that's more of a legacy thing.

Expanded gets more expensive when you're using expanded only attackers since they're all out of print and in higher demand than support cards. Also lots of staple item cards like hypnotoxics and dark patches cost 8 packs for a playset, only vs seeker is that expensive in standard.

If you're looking for a path into expanded I'd recommend building a yveltal/garbodor deck in standard, then slowly accumulating the cards you need to do yveltal/archeops in expanded.

>>31897053
look in the OP.
>>
>>31897116
Mind posting a decklist?
>>
How much are Generation packs to SM?
>>
>>31897552
x0.75
>>
>>31897552
>Have gotten 2 Generations packs so far in the hell that is Trainer Challenges
>Only thing of any remote value I've pulled was a Nido BREAK.
>Everything else is reprints of shit I haven't seen since Base Set 1, and not even the good shit from BS1/2/Fossil
Who the fuck designed this pack? This is possibly the most half-assed nostalgia support I've ever seen in a card game, and I watch Arc-V. Most of this stuff was never good. They could've just reused the arts and printed brand-new cards with the artwork, and I'd bet most people wouldn't even notice.
>>
>>31897787

Well, Evolutions (not Generations as you typed) is basically the English version of the Japanese Concept Pack: 20th Anniversary, which is basically a modern reimaging of Base Set and TPCi proceed to fuck it up by turning it into a weird discordian mess of hybrid English/Japanese template
>>
>>31897787
Evolutions is worse.
>>
>>31898054
Evolutions are literally filler packs and normie filters. Nostalgiafags buy Evolutions because "muh base set reprints."
I hate how every single box or tin lately has 2 Evolutions packs, I don't want these garbage cards. The art is shit too, it's dated as fuck.
>>
So if they're releasing the FA starters in boxes how will we get the hyper rare versions?
>>
>>31898112
Normie charizard tax gives me cancer when the charizard isnt even playable
>>
>just using a deck filled with a specific type to get a challenge done
>some fucker spending ages on his turn setting up the perfect game
Come on man, nobody serious would be using mega steelix
>>
>>31898880
Sometimes you gotta just play the stupid deck that comes to mind, even if you know it's stupid.
>>
>>31899107
I had fighting and steel damage challenge so the fighting/steel mega steelix made it easy
>>
>>31896972
Just want to say my winrate has drastically increased since your advice. You may chock it up to the gamblers fallacy but ill still thank you for your help
>>
How am I supposed to test a deck to see if it's any good if I don't have the cards? It won't even let you test against the AI.
>>
>awful player with awful deck
>tons of full art cards
i don't get it
>>
>>31899787
You need to get the cards first. But i do agree that an option to test a deck you dont have the cards for against an AI would be a good idea
>>
>tfw your opponent is afk for three minutes and you still manage to loose becuase of shit draws while he just spams the heart emote during the final seconds
i hate theme decks
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.