[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>No Ribbon for PWT >No Ribbon for Battle Subway >No

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0331.jpg (48KB, 400x353px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0331.jpg
48KB, 400x353px
>No Ribbon for PWT
>No Ribbon for Battle Subway
>No Ribbon for Pokéthlon
>No way to keep Shiny Crown after all the work it takes to get it
>No way to keep PokéStar shine after all the work it takes to get it

Why is GameFreak so fucking dumb? Without Ribbons/Mementos theres literally no reason to do any of the side content
>>
Whats really astonishing is that there was no Unova league ribbon. Fuck were they thinking?
>>
Someone should make ribbons for these
>>
>>31875000
Unova had no ribbons iirc.
>>
>>31874975
none of those except the pokethlon and shiny crown would be canon anyway
>>
The medals and the shiny crown stay in the pokemond coding if I remember right. Anyone know?
>>
File: 39916.png (24KB, 506x296px) Image search: [Google]
39916.png
24KB, 506x296px
>>31875000
>Fuck were they thinking?

perhaps they wanted to phase out ribbons outside of various tournaments, then reneged on that going into gen 6?

As for other ribbons I'm a bit annoyed they changed the requirements for footprint ribbon in gen 6.
>>
>>31876171
>As for other ribbons I'm a bit annoyed they changed the requirements for footprint ribbon in gen 6.

It would be a non issue if they at least gave it to you if the mon was level 100 as well.
>>
>>31875185

Nope.
>>
>>31874975
>pokestar
>work

Since when is work fun?
>>
>>31875146
Yeah, not even ones like the Footstep or Effort Ribbons.
>>
File: pokestarsstudio_ribbon1.png (984B, 40x24px) Image search: [Google]
pokestarsstudio_ribbon1.png
984B, 40x24px
>>31875073
I tried to make one for PokeStars Studio
>>
File: Battle Subway Great Ribbon.png (512B, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Subway Great Ribbon.png
512B, 48x48px
>>31874975
We can just make our own ribbons! :D:D
>>
>>31874975
And even though BW didn't GIVE us any new ribbons, they still added like 10 event-exclusive ribbons in the games' code.
>>
>>31879824
It didn't add any, as it replaced existing ones (that were unused)
>>
File: Ribbon_405.png (660B, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
Ribbon_405.png
660B, 48x48px
>>31879862
Yes it did, the new ones just replaced the old ones. It added new sprites, such as OP's, pic related and this one: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/b/b3/World_Champion_Ribbon.png

They were completely new.
>>
>>31879905
The point is, the net change was zero.
>>
>>31879917
Doesn't matter, they removed ugly ones and added new pretty ones. Point is, they made an effort, and never used them for anything. They could have used these new ribbons in-game, but didn't bother.
>>
>>31874975
>In DPPt they loved ribbons so much they added a fucking avalanche of ribbons, including ribbons you get for free by talking to a random NPC on a specific day and ribbons you can buy for money.
>In HGSS they completely stopped caring for ribbons entirely, and added only a single ribbon for defeating Red despite the games having tons of features that should've awarded ribbons as well.
>Fast-forward to XY: "O' shit we forgot we actually like ribbons, let's add a bunch more in this generation and keep it up from now on"
Too late, Gamefreak. Too late.
>>
>>31880320
>In HGSS they completely stopped caring for ribbons entirely, and added only a single ribbon for defeating Red despite the games having tons of features that should've awarded ribbons as well.
This is because they couldn't ADD new ribbons. The Legend Ribbon was an unused one from DPt that had a suitable enough name and description that it could be retconned into a "defeat Red" ribbon.
>>
>>31880373
>This is because they couldn't ADD new ribbons.
That's fucking bullshit. They added more in BW, which uses the HGSS engine. So there's no reason why they couldn't just have added more in HGSS.
>>
>>31880410
The fact that those ribbons would have been permanently deleted if you traded the Pokemon to DPt?
>>
>>31874975
>Without Ribbons/Mementos theres literally no reason to do any of the side content
actually some of us actually find these things fun.
>>
>>31880410
I don't think BW actually added any, it just renamed a bunch of unused gen 4 ones.
>>
>>31880436
This is what they did. Gen 5 "added" the Event, Birthday, Special, Souvenir, Wishing, Battle Champion, Regional Champion, National Champion and World Champion ribbons, while removing the unobtainable gen 4 Marine, Land, Sky, Red, Green, Blue, History, Festival and Carnival ribbons.
>>
>>31880418
You can trade Pokémon caught in Apricorn Balls in Gen II back to Gen I without losing the balls, they could easily use the same tech for ribbons.

>>31880436
They added some and removed some, so the amount is the same, yet there are new ones.
>>
>>31880320
They probably wanted the player to focus more on the Pokeathlon in HGSS
>>
>>31882085
Adding ribbons to the Pokéathlon would only make people play it even more.
>>
>>31874975
>No way to keep PokéStar shine after all the work it takes to get it

dude that was easy as shit
>>
>>31880410

Well in 6th gen, they resolved that issue at least. ORAS had new ribbons and the ribbon ID remains checked if transferred to XY, it just ignores any ribbons it doesn't understand.
>>
>>31879436
Doesn't it seem weird that it's black and white? What colours would represent Pokéstar Studios best in a ribbon?
>>
>>31875073
>Someone should make ribbons for these
Would anyone care? Ribbon threads always die after 30 mins of being created anyway.
>>
>>31882731
Well, there's not much to talk in terms or ribbons. You just get them and you're done.
Things like "Need auto pilot team for the Maison, etc." are already obtainable via Google. Add the low number of ribbon collectors even in general and well it's no wonder they die fast.
>>
>>31882802
That's exactly what I mean.
>>
File: formattribbons_sample.png (2KB, 124x40px) Image search: [Google]
formattribbons_sample.png
2KB, 124x40px
>>31882303
>Doesn't it seem weird that it's black and white?
I picked black and white because I personally associate those colors with films (stupid I know)

>What colours would represent Pokéstar Studios best in a ribbon?
Not sure, blue maybe? idk
I was thinking there'd be 2; one for having a mon star in a film (good ending), and a gold one for getting a strange ending/starring in several or all fims with a good/strange ending. I'm not sure whether it should be a bow-ribbon or normal looking one
>>
File: Ribbon_511.png (3KB, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
Ribbon_511.png
3KB, 48x48px
>>31883238
I tried making one, but I'm unsure about the colours. I used the star from the Contest Star Ribbon and the bow from the Special Ribbon, thinking they look good together.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.