[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starmie, never outstanding, always pretty good. What was its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: surfing.png (422KB, 800x575px) Image search: [Google]
surfing.png
422KB, 800x575px
Starmie, never outstanding, always pretty good.

What was its best generation, and why? What is your favourite Starmie set?
>>
>>31866426

Gen 1 was its best. Gen 4 a close second.

My favourite set is 3 attacks + Rapid Spin, but Defensive with Reflect Type is pretty cool as well.
>>
>>31866426
It was OU from gen 1-6, that's pretty damn outstanding. Only Gengar has managed to achieve the same feat.
>>
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Psychic
Recover/Rapid Spin

Fuckin' classic.
>>
I remember starmie being the first example of a mon I wish could have 5 moves, with surf/tbolt/icebeam/psychic/recover.
>>
>>31866426
>tfw powercreep of next gen could potentially bring Starmie down out of OU for an entire generation
I'm scared
>>
Starmie commited many war crimes in the weather wars so I'm going to go with gen 5.
>>
>>31866504
How come it's not OU in 7?
>>
>>31868873
Pheromosa u-turns it into oblivion.
>>
>>31868873
Hydrosteel the Hedgefrog
>>
I used a gimmick set in Gen 5. Hydro Pump/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Psyshock, with Expert Belt. The point is to make the opponent think you're using Choice Specs or Choice Scarf, as they see no Life Orb recoil or Leftovers recovery.
>>
>>31866426
Gen 1 was the best by far, could fish for freezes on Chansey and Zam
>>
>>31866426
I'm using her on the Battle Subway and she's so fucking based. I run Surf/Psychic/ Thunderbolt/Ice Beam + Life Orb. I tried Recover but it'sa waste of a moveslot since I'm an all-out attacker. Leftovers is also pretty good but there are better items.
Used to carry Thunder Wave for Umbreon/ Ferrothorn shenanigans but now I just Taunt them with another team member. Now I barely see those fuckers anymore.
>>
>>31866504
>6
It wasn't until grenigger got banned in ORAS, so I'd say that hardly counts.
>>
>>31866426
Starmie is my favorite bro but why was Misty's Starmie so shit? It never won a battle, got KO'd with one move mostly. Misty is such a shitty trainer.
>>
>>31872092
She probably evolved it too soon, and was too broke to afford good TMs.
>>
>>31872114
>She probably evolved it too soon
Probably. Even her Staryu seemed stronger. Was she really broke? She had a gym and all.
>>
>>31872174
Her sisters ran the gym in the anime, and there's reason to believe they weren't sharing the wealth very often (can't afford her own pokedolls, can't afford a new bike, ect.) But then again the anime was rarely consistent about any of this.
>>
>>31868873
Power Creep's gotten so ridiculous that about half of last gen's OU is currently hanging out in UU.
>>
>>31872207
Yeah, I forgot she had to follow Ash around for 5 years for a damn bike.
>>
>>31872250
She was looking for a sweet ride Anon, if ya know what I mean…
>>
>>31868857
OG reliable.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.