[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gen 8 introduces an item that suppresses the holder's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>Gen 8 introduces an item that suppresses the holder's ability (aka it has no effect)
How would this affect the meta?
>>
File: 1487461336541.png (209KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487461336541.png
209KB, 400x400px
>>31864862
>Switcheroo onto Klutz Pokemon, win game

Verlisify approved
>>
>>31864862
Regigigas becomes useable.
>>
slaking is now king.
>>
Slaking, Regigigas, Archeops and Golisopod might become viable picks, but they're going to run away at the sight of a Knock Off user.
>>
>>31864862
Regigigas and Slaking would not be PU at the very least.
>>
File: aaa.png (69KB, 366x401px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.png
69KB, 366x401px
>this item on Regigigias
>>
Regigigas is banned, Slaking is banned, you can finally use Archeops.
>>
>>31864892
Whichever one (item or ability) takes priority will stop the other from doing anything. No paradox at all.
>>
Nothing because Knock Off makes them dead weight on a team anyway
>>
>>31864892
Either Ability > Item or Item < Ability. Since Lightning Rod prevents Cell Battery from activating, I'll say that Ability > Item. Klutz prevents the item from being used, so it does nothing and the effect is never activated.

If Item > Ability, then it would immediately suppress Klutz, allowing it to...have the effect of doing nothing. It wouldn't break the game in either scenario
>>
>>31864938
Archeops has a hidden ability in gen 7.
>>
>>31864990
not according to serebii
>>
Would the obvious choices actually be that good? By now the power creep is insane, let alone thinking about next gen.
>>
>>31865010
>mfw GF gets sick and tired of M-Kangaskhan to the point that they decide to nerf Normal type itself into oblivion, which happens to affect Slaking and Regigigas harshly
>>
>>31864862
Slaking and Regigigas probably still won't be OU. They've got big stats but not being able to hold an item, and not really having a specific role they fulfill well means they're not as broken as people think.

Have you ever looked at Snorlax's stats? They're almost as good and that hasn't been top-tier for several generations.
>>
>>31864892
A Verlis strat would be giving this to a Pokemon with Sticky Hold.
>>
>>31864912
To be honest they wouldn't be too bad with them. Trade having their crippling ability to having no item. Same reason a lot of megas aren't used. Their stats are pretty Mega - tier already, though. I say it would be a good balance to be honest. Though, you might have situations like "Why would you run Mega Aerodactyl when you can use [Nullifying Item] instead and now have the option for another Mega?" but I think that would be fine, considering.
>>
>>31864938
Regi and Slaking are nowhere near powerful enough to be banned. They'd just be good at best, and crippled by Knock Off.

On the other hand though, they would also cripple things like Trickscarf Gothitelle.
>>
>>31864969
>Either Ability > Item or Item < Ability
What's the difference?
>>
>>31865094
I agree with this. If this item existed, you would just outright know that as soon as the opposite team has a slaking or a regigigas, they'd be holding it.

Both these pokemon play without item or ability, and they are a knock off away from being their usual shitty selves. Besides, even if they became that scary because of their stats, people could start running weird shit like specs trick or whatever.

I have the impression that with power creep and all, at least regigigas, that has the smaller movepool, would be a very good OU mon but not uber. Slaking has many more options and can even use special attacks, so I'm less sure about that one
>>
>>31865272
I feel that they'd be about equal. They're so similar stat-wise. I think both would be OU, but one or both of them might slip into UU and potentially be banned to BL because of them competing for the exact same role with nearly the exact same stats.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.