[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"ORAS was a one off, there's no way the next Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 15

File: 71e.jpg (30KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
71e.jpg
30KB, 600x583px
>"ORAS was a one off, there's no way the next Pokemon game will be this bad"
>People are genuinely excited for S&M, they think that Gen 6 was a fluke between 5 and 7
>Game releases, and it's biggest case of mediocrity
>Going back and playing through HGSS only to realize that something special has been lost since the entire DS era

It's tough being a Pokemon fan right now. For the first time ever, I'm considering downloading the .cia of the next game just to see if I like it before shilling my money. Anybody else feeling the same way about the series currently? I really hope things will change, but with S&M being a huge commercial success, I doubt they will
>>
File: 1420411534947.jpg (263KB, 586x507px) Image search: [Google]
1420411534947.jpg
263KB, 586x507px
>HGSS
>Gen V
>good

You've had a very long time to accept the only reasons to keep following the series are new Pokemon, new forms, and PvP.
>>
>>31862919
Things change anon. The things you probably didn't like about SM are things the newer audience has been shown to love. It might be time for you to move on. Hell, I loved SM, and I don't understand the complaints this board has about it a lot of the time. But if you have lost this much enjoyment from it, spend your money on better things, ones that you WILL enjoy, rather than continuing with a series that has left you behind.
>>
>>31862919
>Game releases, and it's biggest case of mediocrity

Maybe to you.

haha
>>
>>31862919
I totally agree anon. Goddamn I miss Gen 4 and 5. I seriously think we might have peaked
>>
>>31862919
Sun & Moon are the Awakening of the Pokemon series. Shitty games that sold well.
>>
>>31863016
>pokemon is a good pvp game
>>
>>31863016
>PvP
i bet you play Dota and Overwatch competitively
>>
Sun Moon isn't even bad. It's just okay.
>>
File: Mistakes.png (317KB, 1078x455px) Image search: [Google]
Mistakes.png
317KB, 1078x455px
>>31862919
I don't even think they're medicore. Most of the basic components of game design that encompass all games - level design, gameplay, writing, auxiliary features, and to a lesser extent music are all the worst that the series has offered yet.

The only exception is the graphical direction and improvements but of course that alone will not salvage anything. The games are just plain bad in my humble opinion.
>>
>>31863226
>I seriously think we might have peaked
It sure looks that way, but I think Pokemon can still vastly improve, however GF policy of "one step forward, one step back and one unnecessary step sideway" is really hurting the future of this franchise
>>
>>31862919
What can satisfy you people?
Nothing short of a blood sacrifice I imagine.
Sun and Moon were objectively the best Pokemon to date on par with HG/SS and Emerald. ORAS was great and X/Y were shallow but enjoyable like a bimbo with real tits but fake lips.
Grow up, get a job, spend less time on Pokemon, then you'll come to appreciate it. You treat it like a wife you've been married to for 30 years when in actuality its a hot bitty that rolls into town ever year to show you a good time. This isn't your religion, it is a pass time.

5/10 might be trolled again.
>>
>>31863799
t. gamefreak dicksucker
>>
>>31863651
It isn't, but it's the only part of the gameplay with anything resembling substance anymore.
>>
File: 1468273293695.png (80KB, 204x190px) Image search: [Google]
1468273293695.png
80KB, 204x190px
>>31862919
Then leave. Stop playing the new games. Personally I really enjoyed XY, ORAS and SM so I don't have any problems with the current direction.
>>
>>31863799
Kek. You sound more like a troll than op. Go kill yourself.
>>
I absolutely agree OP. Me, I'm one of those weird people who haven't found anything interesting past gen 4. I've heard interesting things from several games, but I haven't bought them yet. I am happy some people enjoy those games, but I think game freak mostly alienates pokemon fans by making the most tame, childish and not innovative games. And yet, some really cool people invent things like the nuzlocke challenge, twitch plays pokemon, sweet fanart, fan games. Which proves how original some folks are, but also that there are some poeple who want more than pokemon than what is given.

I'm really fine with people liking the new generations, but I think this opinion should also be respected.
>>
File: into the trash it goes.gif (1MB, 441x315px) Image search: [Google]
into the trash it goes.gif
1MB, 441x315px
>>31862919
>OP is a thinly disguised frogposter
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>31863854
This pretty much.
>>
>>31863706
He sure is if he thinks pokémon is actually a good pvp game kek
>>
>>31863957
get out hipster
>>
>>31863799
While I think new games are mediocre, I actually agree with you. I've been playing oras only for an hour or two, and very slowly, for about 3 or 4 times per month, this due the fact how boring it was for me, but actually, I ended liking it. Just for the pre-league, I've been months. Sun and Moon is the same. I've got the game in november and I'm just at the start of Akala. The less you play it the more you enjoy when you play. Think about it.
People complaints because these games are casualized, well, while they annoy you when played seriously, they end up being enjoyable when played casually.
>>
>>31864084
ahaha! you're hilarious.
>>
>>31864076
woops. I meant, this guy. sorry other guy.
>>
>>31862919
>buy Sun
>game runs as shit
>hand holding the entire time
>new moms are cool but there is no type variety (a million fucking bugs and water types)
>exploration is shallow at best
>stop playing before the fourth island
then
>go to a pawn shop and see SS for sale for $35
>think why not and buy it
>start a nuzlocke
>game runs smoothly
>no (ok very little) hand holding
>Characters that aren't stereotypical weabs or overly quirky
>your mind follow you
>haven't had this much fun with Pokémon in a while

I feel your pain OP. I think we may just have to accept that it is over.
>>
>>31863727
This is the truth. They took too much away and brought only a few mediocre additions that are worth shit and the plot went out like a wet match. It was just a shitty game.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>31862919
Nice bait
>>
>>31863611
sun and moon are MGSV: TPP, FE: awakening and TLoZ: BoTW of pokemon series.

i think TPP isn't that bad but it's not the subject right now.
>>
>>31862919
Shut up, faggot
>>
>>31862919
Game changed m8. Long lasting series often do.
You probably just prefer a different style of game than the modern ones.
I enjoy these but I can see how different they are. Not in a bad way, but they aren't the same kind of game they once were.
>>
>>31863854
This. Also I can't bring myself ''back'' to any game really. (except Emerald because I'm a hoennfant)
Replaying them just isn't fun at all. Especially with the speed of gen 4, I can't deal with it without an emulator
>>
>>31864625
>TLoZ: BoTW

Nigga Breath of the Wild hasn't even come out yet.
>>
>>31864668
Pokemon and Fire Emblem have both changed. But Zelda...it's going back to its roots. It's hilarious. But what of Mario? Are the mainline Mario games still good? Have they strayed too far from their roots? I haven't played one in a while.
>>
>>31864991
Eh, haven't played one in a while either. Some of them are close to the roots with a twist, like Mario Maker, some are different, like Galaxy. It depends on what you enjoyed about them in the first place.
I would also like to mention FE might be returning to an older style given that they're actually localizing a remake this time, rather than assuming that western audiences only want the new waifu titles. We don't know enough to say if they'll fuck it up yet but it looks promising.
>>
Why do all the Sinnohfags hate Sun/Moon?
>>
>>31863828
>>31863933
not him but it's pretty pathetic you pretty much revealed your whole lives revolve around pokemon lol
>>
>>31865162

Probably because it's shit.
>>
>>31865231
>Claiming someone sounds like a troll proves that a person's life revolves around Pokemon.

Kek. The funny part is I just got back into Pokemon. Last Pokemon game I played was X & Y when they came out and dropped them immediately because of the difference of quality when compared alongside B2 & W2.

>>31865162
It's not just Sinnohfags who hate Sun & Moon. Hell, I don't even really like or care for Sinnoh that much but that's mainly because of the HM overdose associated with the region and the slow frame rate that came with it.
>>
>>31864109
Sorry if I only play pokémon only 2 hours a month and don't go turboautist like you spergs on finishing a no content game in two days and then complain on an online board about the fact there's no thing to do.
Usually I play on PS.
>>
>>31864270
I agree but what the fuck did i just read?
>>
>>31863223
How do you find vanilla s/m fun? I can only enjoy it when using the ntr plugin to randomize that shit on top of the romhack. otherwise it's basic as hell.
>>
>>31865231
you're on /vp/
>>
>>31863727

i thought the music was good, no complaints there, but agreed on the rest

it sucks, because I think the Pokemon designs are really strong this round. Some instant classics
>>
File: slav god.jpg (484KB, 752x950px) Image search: [Google]
slav god.jpg
484KB, 752x950px
>>31862919
Idk man, they're honestly one of my favorite titles in the series. I get why a sect of /vp/ doesn't like it but I was incredibly satisfied with the game.
Aside from the story, I love SOS battles. The only non MM shiny hunting that gave me results.
>>
File: 1485395825094.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1485395825094.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>31864270
>finish Moon
>didn't expect much from it but still found the game a major disappointment

>install Emerald and Gold cias on my 3DS
>these games are still great, only things lacking are of course mechanical improvements
>have tons more fun with these titles than I have this Gen and the last

I'm convinced the games have gotten worse. Not out of nostalgia, but the older games are just overall better designed, and that's judging them as GAMES and not how much STORY they have.
>>
>>31862919
>tfw all these threads make me want to try Emerald and HGSS
>don't enjoy it at all and it's a lot harder to get into
I guess just don't have the mindset to play the older games. I like having an established story, I can't make my own plot like I did when I played Yellow as a kid. I dunno man, I guess these games were made for different people. I like that Moon let me have some other characters to play with and it made me feel a lot closer to my Pokemon than I did for the cardboard styled stills in HGSS and Emerald.
>>
>>31867262
I disagree, but I never had any preference for emerald in the first place. It was as fun as any Pokemon game I'd played at the time, but I enjoy all the improvements the new games have made. Of course what I regard as improvements might be things you regard as detrimental, but eh.
>>
>>31864270
If you're saying what I think you're saying about SS, it's what I've been repeating in these threads for quite a while.
Older titles let the player interpret a lot more and give personalities and traits to the characters, letting them experience more immersion and having a relatively barebones, unintrusive plot that lets the player give the game their own story around it, kind of like Etrian Odyssey or any older game before story became a focus.
SM has an established plot and developed characters, limiting this. They're made for a different audience, an audience that expects a story from the recent trends that games have fallen into. This isn't necessarily a bad thing and it's something I personally enjoy more than the older games, but it would not appeal to fans who enjoyed the old style. The games have changed, while part of the audience has not.
Sometimes it's just time to move on and accept that they're targeting a new audience, and that their new target doesn't include you. Spend your money on other things.
>>
File: mein neger.jpg (12KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
mein neger.jpg
12KB, 289x289px
>>31867618

Pretty much this desu

Older Pokemon fans who can appreciate a complex, immersive story aren't getting it with Pokemon. They can see the potential, but Pokemon squanders it by catering mostly to the younger crowd who don't care about all that.

Pokemon Generations was proof that they can successfully cater to the older fans. It would be nice to see them do this in a game--even a spinoff--but I won't hold my breath and older fans shouldn't either.
>>
>>31862919

Talk shit about SM all you want

But I'll bash your fucking Skull in for thinking that ORAS was in any way better
>>
>>31867856
>Generations
>good
>>
Are SM shitposters the biggest fags /vp/ ever had since Wottergate?

It's getting ridiculous how out of their way they go to over exaggerate the flaws of SM

No shit it's flawed, but to pretend it's the end of the world and being the biggest fucking scumbag by ignoring all the good shit it does makes you Fucking insufferable
>>
>3DS still incapable of DS emulation
>can't install .cias of Gen IV remakes of Gen II, Gen IV, and Gen V to go along with VC Gen I, Gen VI remakes of Gen III, Gen VI, and Gen VII.
We're this close to having all regions simultaneously installed on one system, but not quite there.
Suffering.
>>
>>31867618

>Being vague on character personality is somehow better than actually giving characters personalities

That's horse shit, what the fuck am I reading

If you like that design fine

But don't pretend that giving characters actual personalities are somehow bad
>>
>>31868061
t. Newfag who wasn't here for 2015
>>
>>31868061
SM is one of my absolute favorite games. I just come to these threads to point out how the games aren't the same as the old ones and the target audience is different.
>>31868093
I wasn't, I love the new story if you read the whole post. I was attempting to explain why people on /vp/ who like the old games more wouldn't like SM, and one guy said what I've been using to explain it so I put out my whole usual post. Please don't mistake me for one of the people who dislikes the game or story since it's one of my favorites, I was just saying that the different audiences enjoy different things.
>>
>>31868093
He said that people who prefer the older games like that because they immerse themsleves better that way and the people used to this don't like characters with actual personalities, not that it's bad. The guy even says he enjoys the established characters and story, what are you talking about?
>>
>>31863799
>objectively
Yeah no. That's just your opinion
>>
>>31862919
>>31863226
>>31863611
>>31863727
>>31863791
>>31863828
>>31863957
>>31864270
>>31867262
>>31864535
>>31864625
>>31864991
>>31866861
ITT: We officially confirm SuMo to be a bonafide tire fire. Not since shit like Suerman 64 have we seen a game get this much universal hatred from the fandom of its own series.

>>31868115
>SM is one of my absolute favorite games
NoA employee get out.

>>31868061
Meanwhile, the only defense SuMo has is a single dedicated shitposter who is hellbent on defending GF's honor.

If we were "fags" then this thread would have been laughed off the board instead of having almost everyone agree with OP.
>>
>>31868778
>everyone who agrees with me is official confirmation while everyone who doesn't is a shill or a single shitposter
>>
>>31864991
Super Mario has frequently changed how it plays, but they have all been quality titles so the complaints are minimal. The worst of the franchise is still NSMB2 and Super Mario Land, which is an 8/10 at worst

>>31868061
>it's "scummy" to not like a game you like

>>31868093
>>31867618
The charater personalities in SM arent much different from HGSS anyways, outside SM having fancy cut-scenes. I know the same amount of info about Morty as I do Sophocles and the same amount of info for Clair as I do for Acerola. SM characters being the most advanced is an illusion.
>>
>31868778
Judging by how often you say "sumo", you're clearly interested in Japanese Culture. Maybe you should try seppuku next.
>>
https://mobile.twitter.com/Pokemon/status/833360608879853573

Delusion at its finest.
>>
>>31862919
>>Game releases, and it's biggest case of mediocrity
The fuck are you comparing it to? As far as vanilla, non upgraded versions go, only Black and White surpass Sun and Moon.
>>
>>31868855
Most likely Platinum, HGSS, BW and BW2.

Saying "it's not a first version" shouldnt be an excuse anymore, because we got a string of good games, and now we're getting a string of "alright" games. We shouldnt be expecting them to make subpar games on purpose, 20 years into the franchise.
>>
>>31868851

>all they needed to do was make Join Avenue 2.0
>they instead made Join Avenue Alpha: Early Access Edition 0.1

What was Gamefreak thinking?
>>
>>31862919
>"OR/AS and S/M were bad"
>"but gen 5 was great guise"
holy fuck my sides, here's a (you), I just can't resist this bait
btw fucking kill yourself
>>
>>31868899
>ORAS being bad compared to Gen 5
>bait
nice reverse bait
>>
>>31868827
It's because they have a more significant role for some major characters. Many of the older gym leaders have a couple boxes of dialogue either saying something along the lines of "bring it on" or "gratz for making it this far." Trial captains don't have much info either but for the most part their character traits were clearly emphasized and they were given an easy to see personality. It's much easier to assume a role for the characters with only a few dialogue boxes and a small chibi sprite than one with an expressive 3D model with the small dialogue they do get being tailored to fit with the model's actions. Of course, this is indeed a product of the fancy cutcenes and such, but it is present nonetheless. I actually like it better this way and would enjoy seeing older characters given this kind of "spice."
>>
>>31868899
no one was saying that gen 5 was bad in this thread
>>
>>31868901
>he thinks gen 5 was good
>when it was a literal downgrade from gen 4 which was already sub par, and to add on to that, it feels like some shitty rom hack someone on deviantart made of gen 1
"no"
>>
>>31868866
>Saying "it's not a first version" shouldnt be an excuse anymore
It's not an excuse. You should never expect the first versions to compare to later ones. Sun and Moon will enter that competition when it gets it's enhanced version. At that point comparisons will be valid.
>>
>>31862919
>it happened for gen V
> it happened for VI
>hurr maybe it won't happen for VII
Dumb yoshiposter.
>>
>>31868913
All game comparisons are supposed to be valid, and especially since Gen 5 when enhanced versions dont seem to exist anymore. When SM gets a sequel instead of a Stars version, SM will be left compared to the rest of the franchise just like every other game is. And like I said, we're at the point in the franchise where giving GF a pass for not making the best game they could on purpose (because this is what it has felt like since Gen 6) is destructive

>>31868904
For me, since I have no real preference between models and sprites, the characters feel pretty much the same to me, but I do understand what you mean. Personality is indeed easier to carry across when models are used, even if the person doesnt do anything interesting. I do think a few people overrate SM's characters though, plenty of them are just as flat as always but are given a pass for whatever reason. Lana being the first one that comes to mind. The whole "the worst character in SM is better that the best in every other game" meme is insane
>>
>>31868875
>game freak
>ever thinking things through
>>
Am I the only one who had fun playing moon?
>>
>>31868962
idk if anyone here thinks the maingame was necessarily all that awful
its everything else that's awful
>>
>>31868962
I mostly enjoyed it. I just know it wasnt as good as it should have been
>>
>>31868943
Well no, there's no way that the worst in SM is better than the best in every other. SM simply has a higher ratio of developed characters in that it focuses on the plot between of an NPC. I honestly think that despite the complaints it got, I would have actually preferred more cutscenes to give some of the characters more depth, since a great deal of their development (Lana is actually a poor example as she and the other two friends she has get sidequests and families to show their character) is underutilized and leaves them feeling, as you say, flat.
>>31868962
Absolutely loved the game and I'm still enjoying it. One of my favorites.
>>
>>31868910
Gen 5 was less good then Gen 4 but still good, yes. Glad we agree
>>
File: interest piqued.jpg (151KB, 387x452px) Image search: [Google]
interest piqued.jpg
151KB, 387x452px
>>31864270
>new moms are cool
>>
>>31863100
>are things the newer audience has been shown to love.
So the new audience loves forced marketing and downgraded games?
>>
>>31868979
Right, version exclusive character development is one of the dumbest ideas GF has ever had. Or maybe I just never fond out where that was. Still, I greatly appreciate the sheer amount of character moments the postgame of HGSS and BW add to it's characters so if SM has cases of that it is pretty good too. But I missed all the Lana stuff.

And yes, I will at least agree that SM is on the higher end of developed characters. Which is appreciated after Kalos and Hoenn. I dont mind cutscenes in general (hell, the older games had plenty and I really liked them) but I feel SM's were executed very poorly. They are incredibly slow, how you always stop suddenly and forced into a black screen is pace breaking, and the game prefers repetition over substance, making characters do or say the same things over and over to give us more.
>>
>>31867958
It was anon, by miles.
>>
>>31868855
>only Black and White surpass Sun and Moon.
And RS
And DP
And even XY
>>
>>31868910
>when it was a literal downgrade from gen 4
That's not how you say upgrade.
Even performed better and then BW2 blew every other game or if the water.
>>
>>31868855
For it's time, I'd put GS over SM.

>>31869058
But not DP or XY
>>
>>31868995
They don't see things the same way you do or share your opinion of a downgrade if they liked the game obviously. People have different opinions than you m8.
>>31869017
It's in both, visiting her house in Konikoni village triggers the quest, I think it is postgame given that it never activated when I visited it the first time since she's not at her house before you finish. The version exclusive one is in Sun, you have Kiawe's quest, and in Moon, you have Mallow's. Shame, since I rather enjoyed Mallow's quest and want to see Kiawe's. I'd say Mina is a better example of not enough character development.
And I must say I do dislike the fade, but I can't really see any other way to implement the transition without it feeling more jolting. I didn't mind the cutscenes and it felt like I had done something proper when one triggered, a feeling that had been instilled into me by different games, but I do feel that there must have been a way to do it without pissing people off. Probably a skip option.
I don't think there was too much repetition but the catchphrases were somewhat annoying, I don't like catchphrases in any game.
>>
>>31869091
>They don't see things the same way you do or share your opinion of a downgrade
Well duh. That's how aggressive marketing works you show off the good without addressing the hilariously bad things to make sure the overall view is positive.
>>
>>31869091
My main repetition example is the end of the game, it was like 30 minutes of the characters waving at each other over and over. I liked it at the beginning but by the end I absolutely hated it.

I think I triggered the beginning of the lana thing, but mistook it for the Mallow thing, since they apparently both live in Konikoni? I dunno. I should check it out because as of now I really dont like Lana much. And if postgame stuff could make me like Chuck of all Gym Leaders, it'll save Lana for me I bet.
>>
>>31862919

>HGSS

hahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAH
>>
i firmly believe i've wasted more time with watching health bars move in gen 4 than in cutscenes in gen 7
like holy fuck
>>
>>31869218
Gen 4 is slow as fuck.

People hate gen 7 because 'new games sucks'. But in 4 or 5 years They will be venerated.

Make my word.
>>
>>31868990
Kek.
>>
I really enjoyed SM, so many good things in a row that made it a pleasant journey to go through. I hope they stick with this direction just to make /vp/'s boxart posting fucks butthurt.
>>
This argument feels like a pattern nowerdays.

>Game releases
>goes from "10/10 BEST GEN" to "UH ANOTHER MEDIOCRE GEN" followed by more gen wars until a new game / remake comes out

Rince and repeat
>>
>>31868061
Every Pokemon game does something good.
>>
>>31867958
>But I'll bash your fucking Skull in for thinking that ORAS was in any way better

Kek. Time for you to be put in a jail cell.
>>
>>31868053
anything that's not the anime is good
cry about it guzma
>>
>>31868079
I hope it becomes possible soon because when it does I'm going straight to B2 & W2.
>>
>>31868855
>only Black & White
Explain.
>>
>>31868962
The more I replay it the more I realize how overhyped everything was. Trials are like gym puzzles with the gym leader being a Totem Pokemon.
>>
>>31869360
I've never seen this pattern. Just the games getting progressively worse in general since gen 5. Only ORAS is passable since then, XY/SM are hot garbage and only see play because they're mainline pokemon games.
>>
>>31869397
reminder that every gen's first games have been undeniably shit
>>
>>31869400
Gold and Silver were alright, so were Ruby and Sapphire.

If you count ORAS as the second half of gen 6, it does redeem gen 6 some but not enough.
>>
>>31869318
No, it usually happens in the opposite. People liked XY and ORAS when they came out. Hell, Im already seeing more hate for SM compared to launch.

>>31869360
>>31869397
This pattern doesnt exist. People have only been pushing a "pattern" to explain away the hate for the 3DS games
>>
File: IMG_3054.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3054.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>31863016
>>
File: IMG_0222.jpg (21KB, 635x414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0222.jpg
21KB, 635x414px
>>31868910
>WAHHHH I COULDN'T USE MY OLD BROS FOR ONE GAME
>>
>>31869318
>People hate gen 7 because 'new games sucks'. But in 4 or 5 years They will be venerated.
Lets be honest here. Unless there's a game that manages to be even worse than SM like SM was for XY then it's not going to be salvaged in the eyes of players.
>>
>>31869647
The hate for SM is the quickest since release of any main games I've seen.
>>
>>31869104
Or they liked the game and have different opinions than you about it regardless? Not everyone is /vp/.
>>31869136
Oh yeah, the waving thing. I suppose they wanted it to be a "transition" type thing where they use the motion to begin a scene and end it, but they really should have spiced it up and added more stuff like Nanu just smirking instead.
Lana's house is the large house in the top left of Konikoni, her family is inside and it's a fairly small event, but I liked seeing her family talk about her and finding her after the trial. Mallow lives in the restaurant, in the upstairs room.
>>
>>31870641
>Or they liked the game and have different opinions than you about it regardless? Not everyone is /vp/.
Exactly. Do you honestly think they care about the quality of the game they're receiving over how much hype the marketing generated?

That's literally how shit sells nowadays anon. Remember, they don't need you to play the game, they just need you to buy it.
>>
I love XY, SM and ORAS. Gen 4 made me lose interest in the series and it wasn't until those games that I enjoyed them again.
>>
>>31870740
Not everything comes down to marketing anon, some people genuinely enjoyed it regardless.
I'm sure there are some turbo retards out there that just enjoyed it to be "trendy" because of the marketing, but once again, people can actually enjoy things without it being some fake social facsimile of enjoyment.
>>
>>31870791
>I'm sure there are some turbo retards out there that just enjoyed it to be "trendy" because of the marketing
That's literally the majority of players that bought into it. Most of them bought it to relive their childhood while a small percentage are just starting new.
Then there's people like us who view the games objectively.

The first two are most likely going to drop the games once they reach the end which is where we go into this.
>Remember, they don't need you to play the game, they just need you to buy it.

Don't be so naive and think that people aren't swayed by what they see.
>>
>>31870831
Well I don't know what to say to you anon, you seem rather embittered to the games and I don't think I can or want to change your mind.
I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in, I loved the games and am still playing them. But the road goes both ways, and I don't expect everyone else to enjoy them with me.
Casuals (i.e. beat the game then put it away) are always a huge audience for any big game, I know that. They can genuinely enjoy it too, but I don't know if that counts for you.

I'm sorry.
>>
>>Game releases, and it's biggest case of mediocrity
wrong
>>
>>31870872
>>31870791
Spot the shill

>>31870740
>>31870831
This. The only thing SuMo has for it is marketing. Take that away and you have a blunder that is generally seen as unsalvageable in the eyes of the Pokemon fandom.

>>31869397
Pokemon has been getting worse since Gen 3 though.

>>31867958
>being this edgy
Who knew SuMofag was legitimately insane?
>>
>>31870944
reminder to not reply to this guy
>>
>>31870944
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I did say I don't expect everyone else to enjoy it with me.
>>
>>31870962
>>31870960
Reminder that there's only one person defending this trash and he's a frequent shitposter on /v/ and /vp/.
>>
>>31870900
How so? I don't dislike SM but I found it to be just "ok" in pretty much all aspects except replayability, which is trash.
>>
>>31870960
>>31870979
I am confused
>>
>>31870872
>I'm sorry.
You can apologize all you want, it won't change the fact that from a neutral standpoint the game is obviously worse than the previous iterations both in terms of gameplay, which has a knock on effect in enjoyablility, but also stability seeing as it's managed to have more gamebreaking glitches that they seemingly can't fix seeing as they banned memento and parting shot.

The only one who should be apologizing is me because I clearly didn't realize how far gone you are.
>>
>>31870495
Not surprising since the game starts off handholdy right off the bat.
>>
>>31871000
There's one person who shitposts on all SM threads and it's very obvious to notice

>>31871029
Like, this

>>31870979
I dont like SM, I just think you're a retard
>>
>>31871029
I see. I can't say I agree with you on the gameplay, but I respect that you hold a different opinion and likely prefer a different style of game. The singular glitch does not really matter to me as most of the gens that have been online have such glitches, and I don't use online battling. They should iron that out before they send out copies though, for people that do.
We enjoy different things, you and I. Tell me, what is your favorite Pokemon title?
>>
>>31871047
>everyone is samefagging but me!
You do realise that you are in fact talking to at least 3 different people right?
>>
I sort of feel the same, but not entirely. What I mean to say is that the most recent games have disappointed me, but I don't think it's got anything to do with the 'direction' Pokemon is going in, I just think the games need to be fleshed out properly.

S/M disappointed me, but it wasn't really the Pokemon or specifically the region; it was just how the game had taken so many shortcuts, was so incomplete and felt the need to handhold so much.

The actual difficulty of S/M was probably higher than OR/AS; there have been bits I was genuinely stuck at for a while, but not going anywhere without Lillie being in tow is definitely annoying.

What GF need to understand is that if you're going to make the game very character centric, those characters have to be near-unanimously loved if they're going to show up constantly.

The best thing about Pokemon is really the sense of imagination you get from being immersed in the world. The world in Pokemon has always felt huge, as though we're only seeing a fraction of the whole planet; when you set out on your first Pokemon journey the excitement comes from knowing this and doing it basically on your own. Since Gen V we've had characters rammed down our throats from the beginning and it doesn't feel like you're sharing your adventure, it feels more like you're an NPC and that your friends' stories are more important than yours.

I understand with S/M it's hard to do that because the region is so small, even by canon standards and the whole marketing of the game revolved around making new friends on these islands, but in future they need to understand the power of leaving the player on their own and developing other characters differently, along the way.

GF are eager to please though, if you make your concerns politely on twitter to them, they will take them into account.
>>
>>31862919
>mediochrity
>literally the game that reestructured the campaign and took the gym leader system off
>the averted its own formula
>then improved the old pokemon league formula
Its ok if you didnt like them, but at least use the correct words.

>>31863016
>being a nostalgiafag
>>
>>31869647
3DS era sucks, can't we just throw away the gimmicks and be back to basics.
>>
>>31871047
>There's one person who shitposts on all SM threads and it's very obvious to notice
because he ALWAYS abbreviates sun and moon as SuMo.
>>
>>31871299
Which is how you should know the anons you've been replying to aren't him.
>>
>>31871273
>different = good

It doesn't matter how different or "fresh" a game is compared to its predecessors if the developers aren't going to take the steps needed to make the game well designed as a whole.
>>
>>31871273
You do realise that "restructuring" the game doesn't save it from being a mediocre one right?
On the contrary, that's what often makes a change from good to bad because it takes the series in a completely different direction to what it should be.
>>
somebody post the "sun and moon is the sonic 06 of the series" meme already
>>
File: completelyoblivious.png (56KB, 235x206px) Image search: [Google]
completelyoblivious.png
56KB, 235x206px
>>31863989
>Street Fighter 5
>>
>>31872768
>autism
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.