[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have never seen a group of people this blind to the flaws of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: 1459554489684.jpg (180KB, 920x496px) Image search: [Google]
1459554489684.jpg
180KB, 920x496px
I have never seen a group of people this blind to the flaws of G/S/C & HG/SS. Tell me, do you not just know what's wrong with Gen 2. or do you all just outright ignore the flaws of it?
>>
>>31862254
The mons suck ass competitively and we won't get a reremake of HG/SS for about 10 years. That's the only flaws they have.
>>
>>31862285
Then you're delusional.
>>
>>31862254
All the pokemon games have flaws but hgss are overall really good games
>>
>>31862254

cons:
>pokemon distribution is pretty bad (houndour, slugma,sneasel and larvitar being available postgame is a joke)
>region is kind of bare after cianwood
>gym leaders not using new pokemon is atrocious game design
>wild pokemon levelling curve is sad

Pros:
>game's pretty fun to play through
>non linearity
>best box legends and trio
>top tier designs (totodile line, crobat, espeon, umbreon, scizor, heracross, sneasel, mantine, kingdra, donpahn, tyranitar, lugia, ho-oh)
>best postgame in the series no question
>>
>>31863459
As someone who explored and experienced every detail of these games as a kid I completely agree, but hgss mostly fixes these issues in some capacity other than the shitty gym teams. It's nice to be able to get those "kanto" johto mons in fucking Johto via safari zone and this might just be pure bias bit the poke walker was an absolutely amazing feature, kinda sad that it seems like it won't ever make able comeback.
>tfw op is just butt mad that he never could truly enjoy and experience the best games
>>
>>31863459
Add to this the biggest list of new (and persistent) features of any generation.

>new types
>genders and breeding
>day/night cycle (with different encounter rates and some mons appearing only on certain days)
>roaming pokemon
>held items
>apricorn balls
>friendship stat
>rematches
>shinies
>>
>>31863459
You can get Slugma before first gym in HGSS. You also can get Larvitar after 4th badge
>>
>>31862254
I know how you feel. I'm a Johtofag at heart and it pains me when people ignore flaws of the games. Still one of the best gens.
>>
>>31862254
There are flaws but they don't mean anything to me. They don't impede my enjoyment of the game. Some of them are subjective as well.
>>
>>31862254
if i only wanted flawless games i wouldn't play pokemon
>>
>>31863459
>sneasel
Sneasel is not post-game.
>>
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=347879
>>
>>31865021
>The hack meme.

Fuck off and kill yourself, any game can be good with hacks. Judge the original as it was intended to be and packaged, not fan edits.
>>
>>31863554
>You can get Slugma before first gym in HGSS
The only way to do that is by giving some random NPC some random words that are literally impossible to obtain without help from an unofficial site. It's safe to say little Timmy won't be getting a slugma before Kanto.
>>
>>31865100
Why would I play the original when a superior hack exists that keeps the same spirit of the game, while only improving the things wrong with it?

Even vanilla HGSS are very good games, though I think the Pokewalker is truly needed for the perfect experience, which is pretty expensive nowadays
>>
>>31864998
it is in Gold and Silver
>>
>>31863554
not in the originals, which I had in mind when I wrote the post
>>
I think it's misleading to refer to GSC's second half as postgame just because it's after the E4 and that's usually considered the cutoff.
>>
>>31863459
I find it hard to call going to Kanto "postgame" it technically is, but let's be real here, if Kanto wasn't there gen 2 would objectively be the shortest games in the series.

No other gen has ever NEEDED their postgames, it was just a good addition to the main story.
>>
>>31865671
It's misleading to call it postgame just because it comes after the game ends?
>>
>>31863459
How is non-linearity a plus? And Kanto is not post game. You could say that pretty much every mon game is fun to play through, so not much of a pro. Having the best box legends isn't even that big of a point in its favor. The designs are pretty good though, I will admit.
>>
>>31862254
What flaws? Most people just use 'flaws' as a way to shit on other games, when there's almost never any objective criteria used to compare the games. In other words, you're shitposting.
>>
>>31866623
>Kanto is not post game
How is it not?
>>
>>31866655
>not stroking my game's cock means you're shitposting!
(you)
>>
>>31866727
Because it's basically the second part of the main adventure. There is barely any content in Johto and a good chunk of it is spent in Kanto. Kanto is less post game, more part two, which you can tell by the fact that you get another set of credits after beating Red.
>>
>>31866729
You're claiming that no one here is willing to acknowledge Gen II's flaws, yet you're not telling us what those are (in your opinion). How is that anything but shitposting?
>>
>>31866655
>Only objective flaws count

Kek. No wonder the majority of this board thinks Sun & Moon are good games.
>>
>>31866768
So if I were to say "Why is Ditto's design so bland?" would you expect in an depth explanation as to why I think Ditto's design is bland? No, it should be obvious.
>>
>>31866750
Yeah, nice try. It's post game.
>>
>>31866824
A subjective flaw is not a flaw, its an opinion.

>>31866829
Ditto's design is supposed to be bland; just because its a true statement doesn't make it a valid criticism of the design.
>>
>>31866873
By that logic, nothing can ever be considered flawed.
>>
>>31866829
worst false equivalency I have seen in my life
>>
>>31867109
Then you clearly don't understand the difference between a fact and an opinion.
>>
>>31866873
>Ditto's design is supposed to be bland; just because its a true statement doesn't make it a valid criticism of the design.

And Primarina's design is supposed to be feminine yet you still hear people bitch about that or criticize it for that. A flaw doesn't have to be objective you idiot.
Nigga did you even finish school?

https://www.google.com/search?q=flaw+definition&oq=flaw+definition&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i59l2j69i65l3.2280j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

No where in the definition of flaw does it state anything about objectivity.
>>
>>31867143
>Red was buggy
>Red is a bad game because it was buggy
>Red's bugs are what made it fun, therefore, it is a good game
Again, by your logic, nothing is objectively flawed.

>>31867138
Please give me an explanation as to why it is the worst false equivalency you've ever seen in your life. :^)
>>
>>31867207
Google searching the definition of a word isn't an argument. All I'm asking you is to present a rational argument as to what part of Gen II is flawed, which you've failed to provide.

>>31867208
You're not helping your argument.
>>
File: 1357844507257.png (146KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1357844507257.png
146KB, 600x600px
>>31866841
Then Johto has the shittiest, shortest main-game of the series
>>
>>31862254
Which flaws?
>>
>>31862254
I disagree. /vp/ is the first place that brought up Johto's flaws to me. Everywhere else can't stop shilling HGSS and GSC. With that being said, I count myself as a Genwunner and think you all should stop nitpicking. There's a ridiculous amount of content in both and the remakes are rightfully considered the best games in the franchise.
>>
>>31868077
I've seen people criticise Johto on gamefaqs.
>>
>>31869410
what year is this kid
nobody been on gamefaqs since like 2004
>>
>>31866750
Gen2 was a time of experimentation.

Gen1's "postgame" was "grats on beating the E4, here's an OP mon as a reward; still got that Master Ball right?" And that's it.

I do agree that if you stop playing the game after the Elite Four in G2 you're gypping yourself. It's not a bit of extra content like Looker quests. It's the goddamn second half of the game.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.