[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some good gameplay challenges for pokemon? i know about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: fat pikachu.jpg (64KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
fat pikachu.jpg
64KB, 640x640px
what are some good gameplay challenges for pokemon?

i know about nuzlocke obviously, but i'd rather something more interesting (i'm open to nuzlocke variants though.)
>>
Monotype runs. Especially if the Type is very weak in general, like Ice or Bug.
>>
>>31860732
A monowater run always seems to fuck me pretty hard.
>>
File: 1435000638336.jpg (166KB, 582x425px) Image search: [Google]
1435000638336.jpg
166KB, 582x425px
>>31860433
Try a run using only pokemon you've never used before in that game.

I've done this with soul silver a few times. You gotta use things like corsola or stantler all the way through to the E4.
>>
File: i see some good ass.png (96KB, 155x315px) Image search: [Google]
i see some good ass.png
96KB, 155x315px
>>31860433
do a cumlocke
like a nuzlocke, but whenever a mon on your team dies, you have to jack off to hentai of that pokemon. also you have to jack off to hentai of a new pokemon you just caught. its nuzlocke, but better.
>>
>>31860433
try beating the game without the starters.
>>
>>31865482
wait, at least at gen 1 its impossible.
The fucked pokemons will start at level 0 with 0/0 life.
This means they cant enter the battle.
Since there is no rare candy between the starting city and that guy you need to beat to pass throgut the forest you wont be able to beat the game
>>
I've played with 18 regular Pokémon since RS. Made the games more challenging and varied, definately recommend it.
>>
File: 1454955525018.jpg (140KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1454955525018.jpg
140KB, 728x546px
>>31860433

>gameplay stuff
-saving is only allowed inside Pokémon centers
-must beat the whole gym without leaving for healing (or not healing at all)
-only bring as many pokémon as the gym leader's for the challenge
-no items during battles
-no antidotes
-no revives period
-if an evil team grunt faints your mon you can't use it anymore because it was "stolen"
>challenges
-mono-type
-only pokémon from a single area (for example, if Kanto you would only use pokémon native from Mt. Moon or Viridian Forest)
-only pokémon available through fishing
-only revived fossils
-only pokémon of a certain color

>>31860739
please explain
>>
File: 1477494192020.jpg (332KB, 1280x901px) Image search: [Google]
1477494192020.jpg
332KB, 1280x901px
>>31860732
>decide I want to try to monotype BW1 with bug
>most bugs aren't encountered until like the fourth/fifth gym
JUST
>>
>>31860433
>monotype fire for DPPt
>>
>>31865829
>solo ponyta run
>>
Only using each Pokemon Centre once. Conserving PP becomes your biggest issue since you can't buy Elixirs/Ethers, although you can still rely on Leppa Berries(gen 3 onwards), Pick Up (gen 3 onwards) and TMs/HMs (every gen except gen 5, where it doesn't reset the PP of a move, although TMs aren't reusable before gen 5). Also since boxing your Pokemon restores its HP and PP from gen 2 onwards, if you box a Pokemon after it has been in your party you can't use it again (or you must wait a set amount of time before withdrawing it). The later gens also introduce a shit ton of NPCs that restore your health for free, so try to avoid using them where possible (or only use them once).
>>
>>31865644
I am doing a white dragon monotype run at the moment and it took me 6 gyms to get my second dragon, needing to beat two gyms with a Dratini was a nightmare
>>
>>31865829
>monotype anything DPPT
If its not locked behind the radar its only avaliable much later in the game, fuck that
>>
>>31865644
INJECT LOL
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.