[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've beaten Moon and I've decided to head back and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: vlcsnap-2015-01-05-20h55m46s249.png (200KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-01-05-20h55m46s249.png
200KB, 600x338px
I've beaten Moon and I've decided to head back and play all the Pokemon games I missed (stopped playing after Emerald).

First on my list is Diamond, which I already have a copy of. There's a problem, though. Apparently in Gen4 there's a strange, platform-specific mechanic that makes it impossible to catch certain Pokemon without inserting a GBA game into the alternate port on the DS. Clearly this is impossible on the 2DS even though I can run Diamond just fine.

Is there any way around this? I wanted to run a steel time and there doesn't seem to be any other way of catching Pineco.

Also, more generally, are there any games I should skip or prioritise as I visit all the Gen4-6 games I missed out on?

Image completely unrelated.
>>
>>31858863
Play DiaPer and realise why it's the worst generation and then move on
>>
>>31858863
I'm pretty sure you'll have to use an emulator. Also, I recommend playing Platinum instead. DiaPer are really bad.
>>
>>31858863
You need to beat the Champion before you can catch dual-slot Pokémon anyway.

The regional Pokédex in DP is awful though, I'm not even sure if you could run a Steel monotype team with 6 different members.
>>
>>31858863
If you can, you should play platinum instead of diamond. Most people describe platinum as tolerable by comparison. Diamond does have a lot less features and a smaller dex. A lot of the cross gen evos that got advertised also aren't available, so you'd be better off playing platinum if you wanted magnezone and probopass. Magnemite is post game only via swarm. Be glad you decided not to do a mono fire, ice, or electric run.
HGSS is slightly improved GSC. One of the main complaints is that it doesn't fix much, but that's somewhat negligible. Still a good time.
BW is a different game then BW2. BW is the first part of the story and BW2 happens after. There is a hard mode in Black two that comes from beating the game. I think you can get the key that unlocks it earlier somehow. I think it was trading.
XY and Oras are not balanced around exp share at all. Turn them off. Oras is also "improved" RS instead of Emerald, and this causes controversy. Still liked it though.
>>
>>31858899
>>31858917
>>31858931
>>31859266
Just wanna thank y'all for the recommendations.

I might pass on Diamond after all. I have heard good things about Platinum on this board, I might invest in it instead. Having a higher cross-gen selection is important to me. I'm bummed I probably won't be able to get Steelix - but I can trade an Onix with a friend who has HG even if we're both using 3dsesses?

Black and White are the games I've seen get the most praise, so I am tempted to fly by Gen 4.

I'm interested in HGSS but I'd rather just play a remake of the original for that sweet, sweet nostalgia if Gamefreak ever gets around to it like they did with RBY.
>>
>>31860809
You get platinum, anon. You play it. You like it.
>>
>>31860809
You can catch a wild Steelix in Platinum.
Also, the praise you hear is for Black and White 2. Not the first ones, fuck that shit.
>>
>>31860809
FRLG>E>PT>HGSS>BW>BW2
Thats it. Play in that order.

yes you can trade with 2 3DS systems just fine. BW has good plot, but BW2 has the most postgame content which BW lacks. Play both.
>>
>>31858899
>Per
>>
>>31858863
Diamond isn't as bad as these people think (or remember). I'm playing it right now and it's pretty above average
>>
>>31860809
you can get a wild steelix in diamond
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.