[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Had the dark type existed/gengar was only ghost type do you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 094Gengarold.png (130KB, 300x311px) Image search: [Google]
094Gengarold.png
130KB, 300x311px
Had the dark type existed/gengar was only ghost type do you think gengar would be ghost/dark type?

Hypothetical typing thread.
>>
>>31858043
I dunno.

On one hand, the Gastly family as a whole seems to have that whole theme of being poisonous gas that eventually forms a body, and I don't think they'd take that away.

On the other hand, they HARDLY EVER emphasize the poison gas aspect, and more on the ghost part.
>>
>>31858043
>if Gengar was only ghost type would it be ghost/dark?

Jaden pls
>>
>>31858059
OP here, sorry for being a fag. I meant had gengar been just just ghost type would it have been retconned to be ghost/dark similar to magnemite and magneton gaining their steel typing. Interested in what people thought.
>>
>>31858056
Pretty much this. Though its pretty hard to emphasise something when you dont have much to work with. Unlike Gastly and Haunter to an extent, Gengar is literally just a fat human.

Ghost/Dark does sorta suit it, but given the inspiration behind the design, I don't think they would've changed it
>>
>>31858043
I think the line might stay poison.
Or they'll do the thing where Ghastly and Haunter are ghost/poison and Gengar would become ghost/dark.

Other retypes would be Lugia being fucking water/flying to mirror Ho-oH.

Also Machamp be fighting/rock. Hi hair always seemed rock based to me.
>>
Nah they made Gengar poison type so it actually had a weakness. But they made it weak to the type it is supposed to counter and it didn't even have a decent stab option.
>>
>>31858072
It would have been ubers in gen 2 and overpowered as fug from gen 3-5.

Gen 2
no weaknesses
immunities to normal, fighting, and psychic
Resists poison and bug
Ridiculous special move pool
Sub/Curse/Icy Wind/Thunderbolt @Leftovers fears absolutely nothing

Gen 3-5
No weaknesses
Immunities to normal, fighting, psychic, and ground
Resists bug and poison
Shits on everything with above set, optional Shadow Ball after gen 3, could Mimic glitch Ice Beam onto it

Gen 6+
Weak to fairy
Same immunities and resistances
Might opt for Hidden Power Ice over Icy Wind
Prankster/faster Taunt fucks it over
>>
File: 092old.png (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
092old.png
11KB, 300x300px
>>31858056
>On the other hand, they HARDLY EVER emphasize the poison gas aspect

It used to be emphasised more, their orriginal sprites and arts had them way more gassy
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.