[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is /vp/ able to agree that either Sophocles or VPC had the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2975.jpg (72KB, 540x339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2975.jpg
72KB, 540x339px
Is /vp/ able to agree that either Sophocles or VPC had the worst trial?
>>
>>31857984

They were all crap.
>>
Vikavolt was definitely the worst one. Not only did +1 to all stats make still too slow to be a threat, they made all of its moves PHYSICAL.

VPC was disappointing, but I like the concept of having a leaderless ancient trial that is run by a powerful totem dragon. It's too bad fairies exist and are pretty common in Alola and we literally get handed Farinium Z before the fight.
>>
I kind of liked Sophocles' trial since you can't heal in between fights and I'm a sucker for quiz questions (even if they are easy). It's just too bad Vikavolt is a piece of shit.
>>
Mina had the worst trial
>>
>>31858521
>>31858545
Fun fact - Vikavolt's attack is its second lowest stat.
>>
>>31857984

VPC is worst trial because its just a literal straight line and you fight 3 underleveled pokemon when you have 8 billion options to slap their shit at that point.
>>
It's too easy to forget that Vikivolt would instantly become really hard if they did give him special attacks

Also somebody at Gamefreak fucked up the level scaling

Hapu came out of Fucking nowhere with level 48 Pokémon and then Kommo-o was suddenly 45

Totem Kommo-o should've been 50

Also you just said Trials, not Totem fights

I feel VPC in general was the entire trial

Quiz was okay but ruined by Vikavolt
>>
>>31858521
if it was +1 special nobody would've had a good time
>>
Illima's trial had a nice feel even though it was painfully easy but at least it was giving hope it will be even better from now on

However after that every trial was basically "lol its a joke, get it?, getit? Smile lol"
>>
>>31859065
I loved Ilima's trial. Fighting several wild Pokemon and that Skull Grunt, I wish there was more of that in the other trials. At least Brooklet Hill had several trainers and Kiawe's trial had David.
>>
>>31859085
On that subject, I also wish the other captains also fought you before their trials.
>>
>>31857984
Personally i think they should get rid of trials (wait till i finish before jumping on me), do regular 8 gyms but at the same time do 18 totems - one for each Z-crystal and place them in secluded areas: 4 on melemele, 5 on akala, 5 ulaula, 4 on poni. I think that would be for the best and add more gampley
>>
>>31859050

I dunno. Its moveset didn't have to be that good. I mean, we did just fight a Totem Wishiwashi in the rain with Alomomola support as our 2nd trial.
>>
>>31857984
well totem vikavolt travelling slowly to the top (knowing its speed stat) made me chuckle though
>>
>>31859105

Finding out afterward that Totem Wishiwashi could summon Alomomola made me grateful for my Charjabug's ability to OHKO it. The 40 minutes I spent on route 1 looking for a Grubbin were worth it!
>>
>>31857984
>>31858545
It was shit for being a worse retread of Gyms we've had before, and his trial didnt even work, since everything crapped out and the battles werent even supposed to happen.

>>31859065
This, pretty much
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.