[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pokemon has lost the magic it once had since you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: politoed_by_sailorclef-d5djfqs.png (516KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
politoed_by_sailorclef-d5djfqs.png
516KB, 800x600px
>Pokemon has lost the magic it once had since you've become a bitter adult
>You'll never again feel like you're going on a Pokemon adventure
>You'll never again see your Pokemon as your team and your friends
>You'll never again be able to get lost for hours in the game
>>
>>31856804
>projection: the post, the experience
>>
>>31856804
>and your friends
Lost me there.
>>
>>31856804
I do all that and I'm still a bitter adult
>>
>>31856804
Game Freak's increasing laziness in recent years hasn't helped.
>>
>>31856825
this desu, my pokemon are still my bros
>>
>>31856804
Maybe you should leave /vp/ and the internet for a while. This place truely is cancer even if there's some good
>>
File: suffering.jpg (41KB, 640x852px) Image search: [Google]
suffering.jpg
41KB, 640x852px
>>31856804
>TFW

It's thoroughly upsetting. The only games that can make me feel that wonder again are GSC, and the battery is dead ;_;
>>
>>31856889
This is my first post on 4chan in a year.

>>31856840
I dunno. I used to think that, but I'm starting to wonder if it's because the magic has been lost.
>>
File: Shedinja.png (61KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Shedinja.png
61KB, 250x250px
>>31856804
The only thing completely lost to time is sharing the experience with my friends.
One grew up and stopped playing games.
One traveled far away, she travels throughout Europe now.
One died drowning in a pool, only a a few years after I lost regular contact with him.

I still have the Pikachu, Dratini, and Sandshrew cards that last kid gave me. Pokemon will always be special to me, and every game always carries a similar sense of magic for me. Pic is always my bro.
>>
>>31856804
>you allowed yourself to become a boring adult with no imagination
>>
File: this is fine.png (51KB, 180x179px) Image search: [Google]
this is fine.png
51KB, 180x179px
>>31856929
>TFW all joy and wonder has been sucked away from video games and everything I ever enjoyed

I guess this is why adults resort to alcohol and cigarettes
>>
>>31856825
Yeah, this honestly. Even if Pokemon games are becoming lower in quality, I can still imagine myself going on an adventure with them.
>>
>>31856976
>having time to immerse yourself into Pokemon when you have to hold down a job and maintain relationships
>>
> not going to /x/ to learn dark ancient forbidden secrets that will send you to another dimension

It Is like you faggots don't even want
>>
24 year old here, Pokémon is the only series I still feel any sense of enjoyment. Even just mindlessly breeding and wonder trading gives me a sense of accomplishment, whether I'm raising a new friend or making someone's day brighter. I also like to imagine how Pokémon would interact with me in my daily life and it usually revolves around having a Toxicroak as my main bro.
>>
>>31857222
>holding down a job
>having relationships
T-that's funny anon.
>>
>>31856804
What you're experiencing is called depression. You're losing interest in something you once held near and dear. Is there something else going on that's bothering you?
>>
As long as I live, I highly doubt I will ever, EVER get tired of Pokemon. It's just the one game that consistently makes me enjoy it, and the sheer popularity of Pokemon is only gonna keep going forever and ever.

I guess my only REAL issue is that I'll probably die before Pokemon ends.
>>
>>31858036
Don't worry anon, if you live by the way of Allah you will live on in paradise with 72 of your most beloved pokemon eternally,
>>
>>31858060
cool
>>
File: 1476556673212.png (2MB, 1960x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1476556673212.png
2MB, 1960x1728px
>>31856804
The beginning of SM felt like a magical adventure. I play pokemon for hours and hours. I'm still playing pokemon games I missed out on.

My problem is not pokemon games. My problem is everything else.
>>
>>31856804
>>Pokemon has lost the magic it once had since you've become a bitter adult
>>You'll never again feel like you're going on a Pokemon adventure
>implying I'm bitter
>>You'll never again see your Pokemon as your team and your friends
Never saw them as that. I saw it as a fun game like I saw everything else I played as a kid
>>You'll never again be able to get lost for hours in the game
But I do
>>
>>31856804
>felt this way after XY/ORAS
>hear about SuMo
>decide to experiment
>avoid all spoilers after Magearna and Rockruff
>leave /vp/ for months
>gf gets me Sun for Christmas
>start it up
>no clue what the story is about
>no idea what pokemon are good
>fuck yeah semi detailed map
>aww shit pokemon snap 2
>what happened to gyms
>Kantomon : other region mon encounter ratio is 9001:1 yet again
>why can't I run from battles when I'm 15 levels higher
>why does every non ohko turn into an endless war of attrition by calling for help
>what the fuck is Cutiefly supposed to be
>oh shit dimensional travel
>what the fuck are we continuing the island challenge for
>e4 outta nowhere
>literal who shoehorned into e4
>ambushed by Red and Blue with one surviving pokemon upon entry to Battle Tree
>realize I had fun playing this game like I haven't since gen 2

The game felt too short with many unanswered plot holes, but it was fun to play completely blind. If you're feeling burned out on the series, cut out all media coverage and spoilers possible about upcoming main entries and play it blind. You'll know the gist of how it works but it'll still feel new
>>
>>31856804
>implying I'm capable of feeling positive emotions anymore and don't play Pokemon to numb the pain of having to exist
>>
File: sp.png (3KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
sp.png
3KB, 240x160px
>>31856804
Honestly it was the internet that fucked things up for me. Having information so easily and readily available. I'll never forget having put many hours into the post game thinking I found everything in sapphire (caught latias already) then all of the sudden...

>find an opening in the rocks while surfing
>wtf, I don't remember this
>Continue surfing through the opening to find unexplored dry land.
>holy shit
>I work my way up the sky tower to find MOTHER FUCKING RAYQUAZA
>HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

best fucking experience playing this franchise. I remember I couldn't decide if whether I should call my best friend and tell him about or if I should explode his head by surprising him with a fucking rayquaza in a friendly battle next time we met. Its part of the reason I love r/s/e so much. Now a days its much harder to be surprised like that. You know a shit ton about games before they're even out. Yea info is great, but it takes the fun out of certain things. My bro and I had to bust out and encyclopedia to learn braile to get the regitrio. Nowadays we would just look up what the fuck the messages said instead of going through the trouble to figure them out. Funner times back then. I'm sure being young and oblivious made things surprising and fun, and growing up does take away some from that. But I think more and more information all the time has a bigger part to do with it.

Thanks for bringing back some memories OP, gonna sleep comfy now.

I called my friend soon after catching fug so he could catch him too
>>
>>31856825
this

except I still don't feel like I'm going on an adventure because the worlds are empty, shallow and boring, I'm just in it for the cute animals
>>
>>31858900
But you're empty, shallow and boring too so you should feel right at home.
>>
I walked through multiple snowbanks and a lengthy and uncleared sidewalk the other day to catch a Swinub in Pokego, OP. They're not even that rare but I didn't have a Piloswine yet and the thought that I was going down the Ice Path IRL kept me going.

I'm a bitter adult in other regards, but the magic lives anyway. It's all I have.
>>
>>31856804
Nah mate.
>31 years old
>go on youtube, stick my headphones in, and chill out in the Battle Tree while blasting Pokemon anime soundtracks
>fighting Blue
>it's down to the wire, we've each got one mon left
>OK! starts playing
>I win through the motherfucking power of friendship
>I feel like I'm 12 years old again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgueRxgnCt4
>>
>>31856804
Chemicals and hormones can make things seem much more enjoyable. As you become older, you do not produce as much stimuli.

From the perspective of an old man, nothing is as fun as when he was a kid.
>>
>>31856804
the answer is nuzlocke
I never saw the point until I tried but now I understand
if you haven't tried then try it
maybe smoke weed and nuzlocke?
it makes you realize everything your pokemon have accomplished, plus it's cool to think they have never lost a fight
>>
>>31859048
refresh is disabled in tree so you literally can not win by friendship
>>
>>31859084
Have you learned nothing from this thread?
It's about having an imagination. It's about recapturing the magic the games held when we were kids.

THAT'S what I meant by friendship, not some shitty game mechanic.
>>
It's honestly more so the fact that the games have detoured away from the excitement of Catching all the Pokemon, Collecting all the Badges, and exploring new places for goodies/rare Pokemon.

I enjoy Pokemon, but not the way it's supposed to be. I mainly enjoy the breeding and Battling process, and normally rush through each new game so that way I have access to all the Items, TMs, Move Tutors, and features locked behind a "Story".

Story is fine in Pokemon and honestly needed, but the way Gamefreak is giving us a story is the wrong approach and more so an nuisance, rather than a fun experience worth resetting to experience again.
It feels more like playing an anime rather than playing a game with a story, which causes me to become detached due to the story playing out cliche or growing annoying.

>Black/White and B2W2 did it right with allowing the player to peak into the lives of N and other characters, but not forget that they are playing a game and experiencing their own story.

>X/Y was very jerky in it's story and was a glorified version of "What if RGBY had a Legendary" and the "friends" stapled to you.

>ORAS's Delta episode was an anime, and was annoying.

>Sun/Moon had a decent attempt at a story, but the "Supporting character" overthrows the Player Character for "Main Character" and does nothing for themselves while forcing the Player Character to do everything, who is just a husk of a character obeying commands.
>>
>>31856981
You sound like an emo 16 year old
>>
>>31858988
you can get as butthurt as you'd like about the idea, but what really is there to a typical pokemon world?

the 2D/2.5D era was full of tileset spam, sure there was real cool shit like >>31858866 thrown in sure but that was few and far between and the thing that really made that cool was rayquaza being there, not the actual place itself, for the most part the worlds were pretty much nothing

the 3D era is a little more varied in architecture but full of buildings you can't enter, the ones that do have nothing in them but a some tileset props and maybe some stationary NPCs with one or two lines of irrelevant dialogue that make no sense or have no real insight into what they actually do as people, "big cities" are collections of maybe ten tiny huts that are basically ghost towns, with very little care really put into their design and the kinds of places you'll find there beyond the one-liner theme assigned to them in their description, there's little to no real worldbuilding going on
>>
>>31859084
>you literally can not win by friendship
Tell that to my Return-using M-Salamence. JK, I use Double-Edge.
>>
>>31858866
This was the best feel.
>>
>>31856981
you are lame, but I think you already know that
see you when you grow up a bit more, enjoy hypocrisy
>>
>>31859048
>I win through the motherfucking power of friendship
made me smile
thanks anon
>>
> those times where your were wondering if a female pokemon is stronger than male
> those time when you were amazed at how much Mud Slap does to your Quilava so you taught it Mud Slap and were extremely disappointed
>>
>>31859391
>those time when you waited an entire year for SS Anne to come back
>>
>>31856804
this shit is like drug, you can only have fun if you are ok. mentally. if not it suck.
if you are a bitter person, no matter what you play, you will be a bitter person for ever and ever.
>>
>>31856804
Why would it have lost those things? I always love playing through new Pokemon games.
>>
>>31856804
I stopped playing pokemon after B&W 1
Came back for Sun/Moon and got the full childhood pokemon experience
It was good
>>
File: WAIT MAIN STORY COME BACK.png (1MB, 579x636px) Image search: [Google]
WAIT MAIN STORY COME BACK.png
1MB, 579x636px
>>31858069
>The beginning of SM felt like a magical adventure.

This, honestly. The main quest was so goddamn good, it gave me that same sense of wonder I had been missing for so long. It's a shame my memories of it have been tarnished by the lack of anything to do after you beat the game, I should've just dropped it right after the credits rolled.
>>
>>31856804
Not unless you're autistic
>>
>>31862865
Wouldn't it be that you would have to be autistic to still get the same feeling you did when you were a child?
>>
File: Make Pokemon Great Again.jpg (72KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Make Pokemon Great Again.jpg
72KB, 800x480px
>>31856804
>be a bitter child
>almost no friends
>Pokemon was a rare highlight
>could have Pokemon battles with friends and my cousin without hackmons or caring about EV training or IV breeding
>battling was for fun instead of like, showing off the culmination of hundreds of hours of autism and/or cheating

Everyone I know around my age who still plays Pokemon battles and trades exclusively with hackmons they have zero attachment to. Would-be bros are promptly discarded to the PC once the story mode is finished, never to be used again. PC boxes get filled with unwanted breedjects; hours upon hours of soft-resets are spent looking for a shiny or specific nature or desirable IVs, because just getting a new bro isn't good enough. It's not about the adventure anymore. The good old days of Pokemon are gone and they're never coming back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkkSRZxO9BQ
>>
But I was adult when Platinum came out and Pt - HGSS - BW - BW2 was the most fun I've ever had with the series.

>>31864279
>not having a bred and EV-trained team as well as your ingame team ready so you can have fair and fun battes with anyone.
>>
>>31856804

>You used to be a shitty little ten year old
>A ten year old who was mystified by everything Pokemon
>Youve learned the mechanics through and through
>Each game is less of an adventure than last and all of said mysticism is gone

Feels bad man
>>
>Pokémon can no longer capture that magic
>Plenty of other games can.

It's not because you're a bitter adult, it's because gamefreak's shit.
>>
>>31858026
Not the same anon but I manage. Held a relationship for a year but then she dumped me, been a few weeks and she's already moved on to someone new :'( but I juggle work school and Pokémon still, it's manageable
>>
>>31864697
>tfw been almost two years and I still haven't moved on from my ex
>>
What do you think it'd take to get that magic back, /vp/?
>>
>>31867032
A collective memory dumping thread where we all say what we like about old games, which we then send to Game Freak to have them review as ideas.

I'll start.

Gen 4 was my favorite generation, for many purposes. Those purposes are, among others:

>Beautiful 3D graphics for the first time in the series
>Thrilling story
>Amazing music
>A huge pantheon of legendaries to use
>The most powerful Pokemon of all
>Speaking of "most powerful", canonically Dialga and Palkia are the strongest legendaries.
>>
>>31867887
here's some more:

>PMD: EoTDS
>Giratina and the Sky Warrior
>Arceus and the Jewel of Life

The list could go on and on, but I just dug into my memories for the happiest ones.

and actually the song that I think of first when I think of gen 4 isn't even from Pokemon. Of all the songs it could be, it's actually the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's rendition of Canon in D
>>
>>31867887
To add, Gen 4 had the best minigames and side things to do so far.
>>
>>31868265
As well as being the last generation to feature the Game Corner.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.