[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just beat Moon. Took the game slow and kept switching out my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: ff.png (135KB, 1280x828px) Image search: [Google]
ff.png
135KB, 1280x828px
Just beat Moon. Took the game slow and kept switching out my team to raise pokemon from every area. Ended up fighting the elite four with pokemon in the 40s.

I've seen a lot of hate for the game but I thought it was great. I've always wanted more interaction with the "gym leaders" and SM went an extra mile to show their houses and more interactions with them during the trials.

Trials were pretty dumb but better than gyms. Lack of puzzles in this game did suck. Best trial was mimikyu and that spooky room. Really liked the camera game thing.

First main game that truly felt 3D with the cutscenes. Though, some did go on for too long. That final party 10 minute cutscenes felt really award like I was watching /vp/ers animate models for lewds.

Really loved all the trainer models. Liked the pokemon designs too after that god awful kalos region shitmons.

I liked the story overall but Ultra Beasts felt underused. Lillie was developed really well and I expect to see her again and again in future games.

I played as Sun and I wonder how the dialogue changed if you played as Moon?

Can we also post some of our favorite music pieces?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz_tVbi3scA
>>
>>31855735
Not a huge fan of the music in this game but Tapu Battle is easily the best

https://youtu.be/CWP9GLO5ffY
>>
>>31855735
There's one dialogue change when you're in the cave with Lillie and has no impact on the story

Lazy fucking devs desu
>>
>>31855735
I agree with most of this. I did kind of miss gyms though. Not that I disliked the trials, I'll applaud Gamefreak for trying something different and mostly succeeding. I'm just a creature of habit I guess. A mix of gyms and trial-esque sidequests would be pretty nice I think.

I did like how cinematic some of the cutscenes were as well, I'll give you that. That one bit where you're sailing to the next island with Hau and Lillie captured the feeling of adventure perfectly.

Next major game in the series is going to be amazing so long as they don't take a major step backwards.
>>
File: IMG_8608.jpg (95KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8608.jpg
95KB, 500x563px
>>31855735
Pretty much this, but I played with the exp share filtered. I used a all alolan team and it felt good

I did miss gyms and HM's in the game, especially when the ride pager felt reticuled to just a few specific Pokémon, especially towards Kanto mons. Besides that, it had so many holes in the plot, and areas either felt rushed or incomplete, like Poni island, the first island, and the resort plus missing dungeons

The Pokémon introduced were fine, but if there were less fucking Kanto Pokémon and more alolan forms for other gens, like for bellossem or hydreigon or even golurk, it would have been better. Then the characters come into play and they were either hit or miss. I liked the trial captains, but the focus on Lillie turned me off. I didn't feel like the main character, since the screentime was on Lillie being a pretentious bitch

Postgame needs some help. Dearly. Masuda seems to hate lengthy postgames that keep the player entertained, and it's two mainline games that have done it in a row. Rather then give us some legendaries to catch in previous areas, we get a side quest, a partial new area, battle tree, and tapus. Such a bare bones experience
>>
>>31855735

Overall, i reallly liked it. Some great new mons, interesting characters that we actuallly get to interact with, and a really good elite 4.

It did have some downsides though. Beyond the story being very Lilliecentric and animators apparently paid by the minute for cutscenes, the difficulty curve is kinda out of whack.If you play with exp. share off, the first 3 islands go perfectly well, kinda easy, getting a bit harder along island 3, aether paradise is perfectly doable, and then you run into a wall on the last island, with Hapu and that fucking Mudsdale, and it's not letting up from there. Meanwhile, with the exp. share on (like a pussy), everything up to aether paradise is just a complete cakewalk, AP is the first place you might need too think, and from there on the rest of the game actually gets decently challenging with nuzlocke rules.

Also, odd thing i noticed, up untill Aether paradise no one has more then 2 pokemon, not even Guzma or Gladion. After that, everyone suddenly had a decent sized team. This one managed to irritate me more then it should honestly. These are supposed to be my rivals, and they cannot be bothered to catch 4 more of the fuckers and face me with a full team?
>>
>>31855735
Objectively the best song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9au2MI5OuWg

I agree with pretty much everything mentioned in this thread, if Gamefreak makes a 3rd version to fix the problems Sun and Moon had it might just end up being my favorite Pokémon game.
>>
>>31855735
>I've seen a lot of hate for the game
Well, if you have see it via /vp/ then you must know that those SM hate threads are made it by the samefag crying over and over again because he likely got raped when he was playing the game.

With that said, personally I enjoyed the game, it felt so fresh and familiar at the same time.

Not objectively the best, but it gets close a little. One of my favorites so far along with BW2.
>>
>>31857076
Man I fucking love Poni Canyon's music. Made it an absolute treat to play through.
>>
>>31857911
It's funny because it's a Japanese music label.
>>
>>31855735
>trials were better than gyms
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>31855735
>Ultra Beasts felt underused
I think this is probably my biggest complaint (other than the performance issues, but that's something that plagued Gen 6 to an extent too) it seems like whenever Game Freak gets a good idea, they always only implement it halfway, or go all-out and then abandon it next gen.

For a multibillion dollar franchise, they're really afraid of failure.
>>
>>31857911
Too bad it was just a pseudo dumbed down victory road
>>
>>31858158
I really have a feeling they wanted to make thisgame UB INTRODUCTION, and soon we will get more.
>>
Music is simply 9/10. I was so disapointed in X/Y music- It has NO memorable songs for me.
>>
>>31858123
It was? Huh.
>>31859821
I'm sorry you didn't like it. I enjoyed it a lot and didn't think it dumbed down anything.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.