[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did this game set the bar too high or something for Game Freak?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 1487586071220[1].jpg (33KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
1487586071220[1].jpg
33KB, 470x313px
Did this game set the bar too high or something for Game Freak? It is one thing to come close and yet not reach it, but to completely half-ass it without bothering to try is just awful
>>
File: you_alola_ash.png (1MB, 2004x1118px) Image search: [Google]
you_alola_ash.png
1MB, 2004x1118px
>>
HGSS, FRLG, Emerald, BW2 and Platinum were all pretty good games with enough content. (BW was good on plot alone, not so much for postgame). While HGSS and FRLG were flawed in not fixing the curve, it did have new things to do and attempted to fix available Pokémon with the SafariJohto's case), unlike ORAS, who didn't have much to fix, yet they screwed it somehow.

Don't fight. Those games I firstly mentioned are good and enjoyable and or have post-game past-times such as the film studios, tournaments, Safari/Kanto/Red/Legendaries/Rematches, Sages... Whether you don't like the games (= you think the cons outweigh the plentiful pros) doesn't matter. There is objectively content in those games and they are enjoyable.

Sadly, GAME FREAK will never ever go back to those days. We will never see something like the Johto Safari again, or the PWT, or film studios, or the many Sevii Islands. We will keep getting a "postgame" miniquest (Delta, Looker, UB arcs) that are mostly extensions of the main game since (except Looker in XY) they actually ARE stopping you from reaching a good portion of the postgame (Resort in ORAS, Battle Tree in SM).

Just don't hate on the good games.
>>
>>31849236
I think they just completely lost passion for their job in the following decade

ORAS was a quick cash grab made due to a coldly calculated demand, not a love letter for Hoenn fans like HGSS was to Johto
>>
>>31849236
What are you talking about? HGSS, BW2, and Platinum are on Emerald's level while BW and FRLG are still very good.

As some anons in the thread already said we may never get another amazing entry like them. I still have a little bit of hope though. XY was bad since they spent the whole time obsessing over the 3D. SM was more polished but was horrendously rushed due to the 20th anniversary. Now that all of that is out of the way maybe the next installment will be good. But then again, the "big stupid gimmick" trend (Megas, Z-Moves) and multiverse bullshit is most likely here to stay.
>>
Emerald is the best game. Best gen, best pokemon, best art style, oke story, great post game. And the best region so far. Its such a good game.
>>
>>31850988
Don't forget best trumpets

Emerald definitely the best game.
>>
>>31849453
HG/SS wasn't that good either.
>>
>>31849236
Wasn't gen 3 the gen that almost killed pokemon because of how bad it was?
>>
>>31851893
Not because of how the quality of the game it may have been, but rather because many people were angry that they removed the ability to transfer your old pokemon.
I remember when it came out, so many pissed off people.
>>
>>31851893
Pokemania was dying out way before Gen 3. It's also possible that Gen 3 was a result of Pokemon's declining popularity.
>>
>>31849736
The multiverse bullshit might actually be a good way to ditch the gimmicks.

If we get sick of the Mega Universe we can make a new game set in the Prime Universe or whatever it is.
>>
>>31849368
take out FRLG
>>
File: 23-SMT3-0818.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
23-SMT3-0818.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>31852224
>game in a dead timeline
so basically an SMT style spinoff?
>>
>>31851893
Yes, and Hoennbabies will always deny that fact or find horrible excuses like >>31851908
Those are just bad games and I'm glad that ORAS removed the nostalgia glasses (of the smart ones).
>>
>>31851893
>>31855321

>almost killed pokemon

Highest selling GBA titles hombres. Only gen to have achieved being the best-sold games on their native game platform.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-20-21-00-54.png (840KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-20-21-00-54.png
840KB, 2560x1440px
Get the fuck out. Emerald was the only game i purchased, going forward i only downloaded the emulators and roms. Spinoffs from emerald proof its the GOAT. Pic related is pikemon theta emerald.
>>
>>31849236
literally sold the worst out of every game ever.
>>
File: wojak.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>pokemon OR/AS could have been the ultimate pokemon game if they had just expanded on emerald

I will never not be mad how much they fucked them up. I still think it's intentional because they would never outdo themselves had they done that.
>>
>>31855321
lol that would imply I played gen 3. I did say "people" were pissed but that doesn't mean me, I was actually referring to the online communities I used and my friends. I dropped the series before gen 3 and picked it back up with BW2.
>>
>>31856227
you're missing out, emulate emerald/HG/SS
>>
>>31856172
See>>31855480
>>
>>31856133
>It was my first that means it's the best!
>>
>>31856241
I did pick up HeartGold after playing ~400 hours on Black 2, but it just didn't pull me in the same way. The solid, unmoving sprites but without the strange, ugly charm of the first two gen sprites, the battle interface, the more boxy overworld, it just didn't feel as special as BW2 did. It didn't feel like a bad game, just not as appealing to me as the one I had just invested my time into. I would have probably enjoyed it more if I had played it during the peak of it's life.
>>
>>31851893
R/S sold 15 million copies of games.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.