[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are hundreds of cool Pokemon, and you're only able

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1468646349828.jpg (168KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1468646349828.jpg
168KB, 666x1000px
There are hundreds of cool Pokemon, and you're only able to build a team of six of them at any given time.

How do you go about choosing which Pokemon to use?
>>
Whatevers the flavor of the month plus weavile. I love Weavile.
>>
>>31847246
That's not a bad place to start, I guess. It'd be interesting to build an entire team based around Weavile. Start with weakness coverage and maybe baton pass or weather effects.
>>
>>31847246
I do the same with Hawlucha.
>>
>Look at viability rankings for meta I want to play
>paste together a team from mons in S through A-
>>
>>31847382
This might be a bit ridiculous, but can you walk me through a specific team that you've built? I think this could help newbies out, like myself.

I'm actually just building a team for use against my buddies. We're not big into the competitive scene, but I've never really played against other people, more than a couple battles, here and there.
>>
>>31847328
Yeah a team should have something that gives it a little edge in terms of balance as well.
Baton pass goes great on scolipede and if you wanted to give it substitute you give the baton passed pokemon a sub to help dampen any retaliation besides Whirlwind.

A base team make up for me has to have the following if i can fit it on.
>physical attacker/hazard setter
>special attaker
>tanky special or phyical wall
>hazard clearer/wallbreaker
>medic
>late game cleanup
>mega/zcrystal user maybe both if you swing that way

Make sure you have type range for matchups or stack types that benfit each other and cover the others weaknesses or counters
>>
>>31847464
Built around mons from http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/vgc-2017-viability-rankings.3591794/

From there, it's mostly about finding synergy between them, such as Muk being able to take toxic for P2, wild charge arcanine in electric terrain and so on

This is something I kinda threw together for VGC, and I'm probably going to end up removing Kartana later on for garchomp or lele
>>
>>31847464
If youre new i suggest the following in ou try at least
>kartana/celesteela/ferrothorn
>alolan marowak/alolan muk
>megagross/charizard x or y/ mega pinsir
>chansey/porygon 2
>tapu of choice
>zapdos/latios
>garchomp
>>
>>31847525
I might try something along these lines! Don't wanna curb stomp them too bad, then they won't want to battle each week!
>>
>>31847522
Why does your Arcanine have an attack reducing nature if all his moves are physical? Is there something I'm missing?
>>
>>31847116
With great difficulty.

Most people already have at least one or two Pokemon from the overall franchise they like; if it's a shitmon it might not be included in the latest game but if it's an Eevee, a starter or something like that you're usually okay.

What excites me about a new gen is when Pokemon from old gens are available fairly early on and NOT my favourites; it gives me the chance to use something else until the postgame. For example, I've only just started using Mandibuzz. I forgot it even existed until I used it and it learned Tailwind.

Unfortunately I can never narrow my team down to six simply because the tier fluctuations would disallow me from standard competitive play; my favourite used to be top tier OU and is now UU. My secondary, Scizor, was UU back in Emerald and is now top tier OU (the Mega). I've got a couple of RU Trick Room-reliant guys and also Tyrantrum, who was once UU but became low OU last gen when it got Rock Head, and is now basically low UU this gen.

I'm right now breeding the last of my "main team" Pokemon and the total count is about 18. I planned on doing about 12 but there's simply too many Pokemon I would like to use at some point. In XY I bred a full box of 30, so I'm glad to have narrowed it down somewhat.
>>
>>31849550
No he's just retarded and bad considering his Araquanid has no evs or nature.
>>
>>31849550
Copy pasted sets that I haven't finished yet

It's obviously not finished

>>31849693
Xd ya troled me good
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.