[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Lunge is 80 BP that drops Attack 100% >Trop Kick is 70

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 13

File: tsareena.png (19KB, 145x179px) Image search: [Google]
tsareena.png
19KB, 145x179px
>Lunge is 80 BP that drops Attack 100%
>Trop Kick is 70 BP with the same exact secondary effect. After STAB, its still weaker than neutral HJK
Why is this allowed?
>>
Because grassmons are shit while bug is the pure patrician choice. Also gf wanted the bug UBs to be better.
>>
pheromosa is more attractive than tsareena
>>
>>31838536
Because a Queen doesn't fight like an animal.
>>
>>31838536
>Give pokemon an unique move in the same generation you give the same move but better to a bunch of other pokemon
>>
>>31838536

One is Bug (that type needs all the help it can get)

One is Grass (a type that's already decent)
>>
>Surf is 90 BP 100 accuracy
>Water Gun is 40 BP 100 accuracy
Why is this allowed again?
>>
>>31838995
Water Gun has more PP and is therefore better for in-game uses and stally matches whereas Surf is better for damage.

Not to mention they're distributed differently and most prefer Surf because it's an HM. Still, there's a handful of pokemon that get Water Gun without Surf (Castform, Wingull, etc.)
>>
File: 1481334536677.png (34KB, 152x176px) Image search: [Google]
1481334536677.png
34KB, 152x176px
>>31838974
>grass
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>decent
>>
>>31838974
Name one grass pokemon that is OU that doesn't just rely on its massive bulk to do all the work
>>
>>31839063
Kartana
>>
File: 594-1.png (22KB, 199x303px) Image search: [Google]
594-1.png
22KB, 199x303px
>>31839018
But I'm sure you're more used to scald anyway
>>
>>31839063
serperior was ou last I checked
>>
>>31839030
Not him but Grass-type moves does Super Effective damage to all types that Fire-type is weak to, that only makes Grass-type moves are the best friends of Fire-type Pokémon.
>>
>>31839030
>>31839063

Grass is a great defensive/support type
>>
>>31838995

>One is for early-game, and the other is for mid-late game

Wow that was hard
>>
>>31839435
>5 weaknesses
>resists only 4

Fucking Fire is a better defensive type.
>>
>>31839447

And those four resistances are Electric, Grass, Ground, and Water, all of which are very common types.

Quality of resistances > Quantity of resistances.
>>
>>31839447

Dark/Ghost only has one weakness (none prior to Gen 6), it must be an amazing defensive type combination, right?

Nope, it's actually shit because its only resistance is Poison.
>>
>>31839489
It also has three immunities.
>>
>>31839030
Grass is fine. It gets resisted by half the types in the game, yeah, but it has key resistances and great support moves that make many of its members, like Tangrowth, Amoongus, Venusaur, Breloom, Celebi, Pomboss, Chesnaught, Ferrothorn, and Tapu Bulu very good.

There's also Roserade but it's only ok imo
>>
>>31839465
And? Electric, Water and Ground are common offensive types, but so are Ice, Fire and Fairy, the ones Fire resists.
And Fire is weak to three common offensive types, but Grass is weak to that, plus 2 more.

Fire is a better defensive type, both in quantity and quality of resistances. Not saying it's a good defensive type, but it's better than Grass in every aspect.
>>
File: 1447528266529.jpg (348KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1447528266529.jpg
348KB, 900x900px
>>31839465
>>31839435
>weak to poison, a type that's had a huge resurgence in Gen 6
>weak to Ice, the type every Water Pokemon and every other special attacker carries
>weak to Fire, a very common type
>Grass types can't be out in the Sun because Fire fucks them over
>can't do well in the rain because every single Water type has an Ice move, essentially invalidating the Water type resist
>out of all the bulky monograss Pokemon, only a single one of those, Tangrowth, is worth using
>Tapu Bulu's absurd attack power is kept in check because fucking everything has a Grass resist, usually x4
You don't know shit about Grass if you think it's a viable type, it's one of the most underpowered typings in the entire game. GF fucking hates it as seen by all the Grass Pokemon with fucking jokes of a movepool.
>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Petilil_(Pok%C3%A9mon)/Generation_V_learnset#By_leveling_up
>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Carnivine_(Pok%C3%A9mon)/Generation_IV_learnset#By_leveling_up
>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bellsprout_(Pok%C3%A9mon)/Generation_III_learnset#By_leveling_up
>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Serperior_(Pok%C3%A9mon)/Generation_VI_learnset#By_leveling_up

I run Tsareena and half the time I only use Trop Kick to get the attack drop before switching her out since almost everything resists that move.
>>
>>31839920
>Amoongus, Venusaur, Breloom, Celebi, Pomboss, Chesnaught, Ferrothorn, and Tapu Bulu
ALL of those are "okay" because of the types they're paired with, not because they're Grass. Grass was shit and always will be shit. The only thing it's good for is Status moves, and other types do those well. No one is using Stun Spore over Thunder Wave or Poison Powder over Toxic.
>>
>>31839966
>Celebi is okay because it's psychic
>psychic improving anything in the past 15+ years

what did he mean by this
>>
File: 1374962861070.gif (922KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1374962861070.gif
922KB, 400x225px
The same reason gamefreak made a completely new pokemon with a 5% encounter rate exclusive to 1 version that has the same ability the decided to also give to a reskin of a pokemon that has been around for 20 years now. Because they are retarded.
>>
>>31838536
To be fair, HJK's power is ridiculous. Neutral non-STAB High Jump Kick is still stronger than a neutral STAB Lunge.
Power Whip/Wood Hammer Tsareena never.
>>31839966
>>31839930
To be honest most monotypes are dogshit compared to dual-types. The fact that Grass has two OU-viable non-Legendary monotypes in Serperior and Tangrowth is more than most types can say.

And Pomboss is fucking Grass/Normal, how does Normal make it any better?
>>
>>31839930

Game Freak picks Pokemon's movepools based on what it makes sense for them to be able to learn.

Grass-types don't have shit movepools because Game Freak hates them, most of them have shit movepools because their body shapes tend to be weird and not suited to a lot of moves.
>>
>>31840036
>a grass Pokemon can't use Thunderbolt
>but Starmie, who's weak to Electric, can

>a grass Pokemon can't use Earth Power
>but Archen, a bird. can

Very seldom does "the move make sense" actually apply. Hitmonlee can use Mach and Bullet Punch despite his baby arms. GF just seems to think shitty status moves are enough for Grass Pokemon for whatever reason.
>>31840023
Serperior is a gimmick though, if something with Overheat or Superpower got Contrary, they'd leave Serp in the dust.
What the fuck is Pomboss? Did I miss a new meme?
>>
>>31840113
Contrary STAB Leaf Storm is Contrary STAB Leaf Storm. And there's two Contrary Superpower users and they're both garbage. Just because it's a gimmick doesn't mean it's not good. Most monotypes have to rely on some gimmick to be successful because they're inherently less flexible than dual-types.
Hell, I went and checked because I couldn't remember which monotypes made the OU cut
>http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/formats/ou/
>no mono-Fairy types in OU or BL
>no mono-Dragon types in OU or BL
>no mono-Steel types in OU or BL
>only other type with more than one monotype in OU or BL is fucking Normal
If we judge types solely by the quality of their monotypes, most of the so-called best types in the game suddenly come up looking like garbage.
No idea what Pomboss is, I'm just assuming it's a meme like Stingulor and rolling with it.
>>
>>31840023
>The fact that Grass has two OU-viable non-Legendary monotypes in Serperior and Tangrowth is more than most types can say.
Kangaskhan was in Ubers. Chansey is OU. Does that make Normal a great type? No. It doesn't.

No one is talking about OU viability. That depends more on Stats and Ability. Typing helps, but isn't the deciding factor. Serperior was NU and Tangrowth was RU in BW. Why didn't the Grass typing help back then? Because Serperior didn't have a good ability and Tangrowth didn't have Assault Vast and the Meta was different.
For another example, see Talonflame. It had the same type as Charizard, an NU Pokemon, yet was broken by OU standards. Grass is an objectively shit type.
>>
>>31839489
Poison resistance/Immunity is actually pretty good in this day and age of the fairies where everything that can packs Poison jab now
>>
>>31840160
I'd say Rock, Ice, and Bug are the only types bad enough to be considered shit. Grass isn't quite good enough to be out of the range of "bad", but it's not bad enough to fall into being shit. Resistances to Water and Ground are important, especially now with Thousand Arrows being a thing that must be prepared for, and having a way to hit Water-types Super-Effectively without having to worry about Healthiest Meta genie eating your hits for 0 fucking damage is very valuable. Yes, a lot of shit resists it, but nothing is outright immune, so something like Tapu Bulu or Kartana can exist to deal substantial damage even on resisted hits because of the sheer power behind their moves. Defensive Grass-types also tend to have a lot of sustain to work with between Leech Seed, Synthesis, and Giga Drain, so if they have enough bulk they can muscle through their five weaknesses with a bit of persistence, assuming the SE hits aren't STAB. Which they often aren't.
>>
File: Celebi.full.1557045.jpg (299KB, 1158x1029px) Image search: [Google]
Celebi.full.1557045.jpg
299KB, 1158x1029px
>>31839966
If anything Celebii would be improved without the Psychic typing. Its only used because Grass types with a combination of flawless stats and excellent movepools are hard to come by. Grass typing plays a huge role on Celebii's viability compared to Psychic(one of the worst types in the game).
>>
>>31838536
Welcome to Grass type. You will always be the worst.
>>
File: serperior10.png (359KB, 720x899px) Image search: [Google]
serperior10.png
359KB, 720x899px
>>31841097
t. asshurt firefag
get better taste in pokemon types you flamboyant fuccboi
>>
>>31841127
t. butthurt grassfag
Your type will always be a shit one. Even fucking Ice is a better type than Grass, since it's at least good offensively.
>>
>>31841150
without us to cover your weaknesses and to provide seed recovery, you firefags wouldn't be shit
>>
>>31841150

Grass is good for its defensive attributes
>>
>>31840159
Pretty much exactly like stingulor.
I think it is Pidove in some other kraut dialect or somesuchshit
>>
File: 1485104543647.gif (593KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1485104543647.gif
593KB, 640x360px
>>31841161
>>
File: lurantisbattle1.png (380KB, 530x317px) Image search: [Google]
lurantisbattle1.png
380KB, 530x317px
>>31838536
>Two Slow moderately bulky mono-Grass physical attacker introduced in the same generation
>Gets the best end of the stick in moves and ability

You don't get to complain.
>>
File: sunattacker.png (20KB, 495x161px) Image search: [Google]
sunattacker.png
20KB, 495x161px
>>31841273
>Physical
Lurantis is more of a mixed attacker that shines under the sun(sig move outdamages Wood Hammer). Unlike Tsareena, it has the special attack to run moves like Weather Ball and Leaf Storm(if using it's HA). They do different things.
>>
>>31840036
>dream eater on a plant
>makes sense
>>
>>31841526
what is the EV spread and nature on that set? I might use that set sometime
>>
>>31838536
The real blasphemy is why she can't learn blaze kick.
>>
>>31841526
EVs where. I want to use my waif.
>>
File: lurantis_by_all0412-dafpft2.jpg (48KB, 1024x502px) Image search: [Google]
lurantis_by_all0412-dafpft2.jpg
48KB, 1024x502px
>>31841545
>>31841594
252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpA with a Brave nature. These EVs aren't final as I could reduce some bulk for slightly more firepower. I believe this will have potential on a TR setter + Drought Torkoal with a Heat Rock.
>>
>>31841685
now I know what I'm using my love ball on, thanks
>>
File: comfay.png (452KB, 899x899px) Image search: [Google]
comfay.png
452KB, 899x899px
>>31841694
NP. Also Comfey might be a good partner as it's the only TR setter that learns Grassy Terrain and Helping Hand, and also has priority recovery and a solid defensive type.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.