[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you guys agree with the topics of pic related ? i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1487479484427.png (299KB, 1189x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1487479484427.png
299KB, 1189x1220px
do you guys agree with the topics of pic related ?

i'm not trying to make a bait thread or anything,i just want your opinions
>>
>>31836639
Drowzee isn't an aardvark, it's a tapir. In Japanese folklore tapirs are said to consume dreams, so the ripoff game with Drowzee is even worse than you think.
>>
>>31836639
Claydol is literally a dogu.
Thread cancelled.
>>
>>31836692
It's a ghost owl.
>>
>>31836639
I'm a Hoennfant, and I like Gen 1 Pokemon. It's really annoying how you're not allowed to like things anymore with being accused of "nostalgia". Garbodor is ugly (IMO), while Muk isn't (IMO), that's why I like Muk more, simple as that. It's not "because they're objectmons" or "they're running out of ideas"; I just like the aesthetics of one more than the other.
>>
>>31836639
some of them I do, the early artwork/sprites don't really look as nice to me and later enhancements like natures were great and added much more personality and immersion to the games

but the "real pocket monsters" shit doesn't appeal to me at all, and I hate all of those examples, they look like toys, have bullshit additions like clothes/unnatural patterns, or are otherwise unnatural in a way that even a bit of lore has a hard time justifying, I do find I like a lot of first generation designs in that they are definitely different but still feel grounded in some kind of reality, and there are many of those kinds of designs in later generations as well

being a genwunner is fucking retarded because the actual Gen I games were hot garbage, but it doesn't mean you mindlessly jerk off to everything newer too and grasp at the same dumb fucking straws they do
>>
>>31836639
You're literally autistic
>>
we already had this thread today
>>
>>31836639
No, it's fucking retarded. The only legitimate point is the artwork, and even then the "old" one shown there isn't even the original one, which is as bad as the "new" one.
>>
>>31836639
Your dad isnostalgia.
>>
>>31836708
Holy shit words of truth right here. You cannot say that you like gen 1 pokes or something like grimer or magnemite without some autistic fuck bringing up the whole vanilluxe, garbodor bullshit
>>
>>31836639
>This isn't just going to end in gen wars which are banned

Also we all ready have one of theses threads >>31825543
>>
Why would you make another thread?
>>
>>31836888
There's a difference though between "i like X more than Y" and "Y is shit because it's an object even though X also is"
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1362x1490px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1362x1490px
>>31836639
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>31836914
>Yokai will always be weird cartoony representations of something
>Pokemon can't decided on if they want to make mascots, cartoon animals, or genuine monsters

Pokemon's problem is that the adults that grew up with it think that there's some masterful design philosophy that's being betrayed every generation, while Yokai Watch is open about the fact that its just a dumb kids show with goofy monsters.
>>
>>31836908
>Y is shit because it's an object even though X also is
Show me one time this happened that wasn't a Unovabortion making a shitty strawman
>>
We already have a thread for gen wars
>>31825543
>>
>>31836639
The reason gen 1 differs from newer generations is because technology
they couldn't portray as many colors/features/rounded parts as they can now
If pokemon came out this year, all those generation edits would be accurate to what would happen
>>
Each of the generations are good in their own ways, and every Pokemon design has something to offer. No matter the generation, there are going to be designs that any one individual thinks are cool, and others that they think are shit.

It should probably also be noted that style, presentation, and design are not the same thing. The earlier games evoke a different feel in the players than later games, and I tthink that is intentional.

There's not much to discuss here that isn't a blatant attempt at arguing. Every time a new generation comes out, some of us bitch about it, then it kind of grows on us.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.