[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I use Baton Pass on my Zapdos and my Espeon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: smogon.jpg (372KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
smogon.jpg
372KB, 1366x768px
Why can't I use Baton Pass on my Zapdos and my Espeon?

The strategy was to Baton Pass Calm Mind to Zapdos and try to sweep, when Zapdos get weak then Baton Pass the special defense boost to Marowak so it's sturdier. Did I accidentally strike the most deadly strategy ever?

Esp (Espeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Morning Sun

Zapdose (Zapdos) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Agility
- Baton Pass
>>
>>31825201
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/glorious-pass.3506272/
>>
>>31825218
So because of that guy I can't use my team? For what purpose?
>>
You are 4 generations late to the wreckingpass party.

Gor the record, geopass or quickpass Scolipede and Espeon with gothitrap support was godlike, heck even just quickpass scolipede+3 wallbreakers offensive Espeon + Clefable was hard to handle in Gen6.
>>
>>31825201
>Why can't I use Baton Pass on my Zapdos and my Espeon?

Your picture says why. You can only have one BP user in OU
>>
>>31825251
It says that it's banned but I don't understand why. It's the same combo that I used in past gens what changed for it to be banned now?
>>
>>31825268
People found it was cancer. No one liked it. The end.
>>
>>31825268
They made a clause for it, retard.
Back in gen 3, Baton Pass was all the fucking rage. They used to Baton Pass fucking everything from shitmons into stuff like Scizor.
The clause, much like Evasion clause and Species clause, exist to prevent the entire structure of the metagame from spiralling into Baton Pass battles.
>>
>>31825268
Speed Boost Scolipede didn't exist until Gen 6.
>>
>>31825305
Why not ban Speed Boost then?
>>
>>31825268
Because that one guy kept being #1 on showdown despite smogon damaging baton pass at least 2 times.

So Smogon said fuck it and made a complex ban. They were so assblasted that they broke one of their precious rules. I heard one mod almost killed himself of pure rage.
>>
>>31825326
Well to be fair, you can still baton pass Scolipede's speed boosts. You just can't do dumbfuck baton pass chains that no one wants to fucking fight
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.