[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>every pkmn now has value points >e.g. mewtwo=150,lele=100,snorlax=75

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1486661682167.jpg (5KB, 340x191px) Image search: [Google]
1486661682167.jpg
5KB, 340x191px
>every pkmn now has value points
>e.g. mewtwo=150,lele=100,snorlax=75 etc.
>your team can have a max vp of ~500

is now every pkmn is viable?
why would this be worse than tiers?
>>
>>31824755
Depends, what would value points be based on?
>>
>>31824767
1 like = q value point
>>
>>31824767
general usefulness
>>
>>31824755

Pokebattle exists, and it is shit.
>>
File: XY_Looker.png (89KB, 162x428px) Image search: [Google]
XY_Looker.png
89KB, 162x428px
>>31824755
Some online battle simulator did it
And guess what ? It was shit.
If you want to be a karenfag and make every pokemon viable, you make tier lists with different banlists
But nobody wants to split the community into 15 different formats
>>
>>31824755
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqlLZDwMrV4
>>
Digimon Cyber Sleuth does that.
Online still is nothing but UlforceVeedramon and other OP shit.
>>
>>31824797
What went wrong?
>>
Mega Fug and a few shitmon that together can pose a thread by gimmick to mega fug is every team
>>
>>31824817
The meta was just 5 generic OU mons + 1 shitmon
>>
>>31824755
>is now every pkmn is viable?
No. The game has passed a point where pokemon's lives are valuable.

To put it simply, two weak pokemon can defeat gen 1 Tauros. Two weak pokemon will just get OHKOed by Tapu Lele.

The powercreep made weak pokemon worthless as they die before they can pull a single move.

This game is fucking awful nowadays and I don't know why I still bother.
>>
Sounds ok in theory but people would go apeshit over the value points assigned to their favourite. It's either too low or to high every time.

If there is some random shitmon with low value that somehow can run a really strong gimick set that the devs never expected, the whole system gets thrown out of balance as well.
>>
>>31824819
megafug would also have the highest points ,the rest of the team would have to be unevolved shitmons

>>31824826
you have to lower the bar then.
>>
>>31824802
That's because Ulforce didn't have a value to account for how broken his ability was. If it had of been higher, it would have been fine.
>>
>>31824817
Mega luc was still busted as hell.
I ran it with sashed bellsprout.
>>
>>31824788
Let's say I have 600 "PokéPoints" I can use for my team.

Mega Fug - 500/600 PokéPoints
Rattata - 20/600 PokéPoints
Aron - 20/600 PokéPoints
Magnemite - 20/600 PokéPoints
Nosepass - 20/600 PokéPoints
Dratini - 20/600 PokéPoints

Welp. Here's the entire meta.
I have four Fear mon, the only type of Pokémon that are affordable to use to stop Mega Rayquaza.
Rattata destroys any sweep EZ, only really stopped by Rocky Helmet and Garchomp and can run taunt to block rocks used by FEAR users like Nosepass .
Magnemite and Nosepass can stop walls too with their toxic set.
Aron, can punish several Pokémon in one go, and it and Nosepass even put up Stealth Rocks to destroy other fear sweepers.
The thing is, these are hard walled by other lv 1 Pokémon, so that's why I pack a whopping lv. 5 Dratini. With dragon tail, it can phase out other FEAR users and shrugs off status with shed skin.
So here's already a solid viable core made of extremely cheap Pokémon.
The only thing that stops them are some leftover/black sludge users and walls like ferrothorn.
Well, here's the world's best stall breaker and sweeper, Fug Almighty.
Doesn't even need scarf or LO, because anything that outspeeds will be gone if played correctly. A max speed/attack build is fine, because it can afford to carry uninvested Fire Blast for ferrothorn or skarmory. Slap on SD, Extreme Speed, and Dragon Claw and you have the literal best team in the game. There's no solid answer for any team.
Garchomp is easy pickings now. If it's scarf, it's already gone, as you can switch into FEAR if it's locked into D-Claw and Fug if locked into EQ. You outspeed any other set.
Icy Wind Tornadus doesn't get the kill and you're free to SD and Extreme Speed in it's face.
Even rather obscure shit like Rocky Helmet Slowbro is rekt by Toxic fear and can't stay in long to keep Fug from setting up.
Once this becomes a popular playstyle, there's no going back. The best way to counter this team is to play this team.
>>
>>31825025
multihit moves,ghosts,priority,will-o whisp,taunt,hail
>>
>>31825062
>Multi Hit
Best answer is Shell Smash Cloyster
Anything else is Fugged
You could even toxic and run protect to get around it on the Shell Smash turn.
>Ghosts
Half the Fear core deal with Ghosts fine
The shakiest type is Poison, and there are no answers Fug again
>Priority
Only stops one Fear mon AFTER it's already used toxic or endeavor
Easy pickings with a +2 Priority Move...
>Will-O-Wisp
Only slightly cripples FEAR users
You'd only want to use it on Fug, but since the correct play is to always use Fug as clean up, you'd have to run you WoW user last, which means Fug can afford to just set up in the face of a 85% accurate move and pick off the last Pokémon
Even if you managed to WoW Fug early in the game, Fire Blast is enough to carry the fear users past their major Steel type checks
>Taunt
Doesn't stop half the fear users or Fug
>Hail
Aron used Sand Storm as intended, dies and leaves an opening for Fug

Hell, it doesn't even have to be Fug
P-don with Rock Polish does the same job and gets stab on its fire moves, is not weak to Cloyster takes moves better, has a better typing and is immune to two statuses
Face it the meta would look exactly like this.
>>
>>31825099
>>31825062
Oh and both Fug and P-don clear the weather, which removes the threat of hail, and stops other sand abusers

This is getting ridiculous.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.