[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's dabate about the ''OU kings''

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (85KB, 1273x730px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85KB, 1273x730px
Let's dabate about the ''OU kings'' for every gen
gen 1: Tauros(at least in the pre-2014 era)
gen 2: Snorlax
gen 3: Skarmory
gen 4: Scizor
gen 5: ???
gen 6: Talonflame?
gen 7: ?

Discuss
>>
Gen 5 I believe is Cloyster until Lando-T came out, then it was that
>>
>>31822990
Tapu Lele
>>
>>31822990
Gen 5 was Politoed or Scizor
>>
>>31822990
>gen 4: Scizor
ayy lmao
it was garchomp
>>
>>31822990
Gen 7 isn't over yet so it's too soon to tell
>>31823065
Chomp got b& anon, that's like saying Mega Mom was the King(Queen) of Gen 6 OU
>>
>>31822990
What happened to Gen 1 in 2014?
>>
gen 6 is clef
gen 3 is t-tar
gen 5 is terrakion
>>
>>31822990
okay let me fix the list for you
gen 1: Tauros
gen 3: Skarmory
gen 4: Garchomp
gen 5: Landorus-Therian
gen 6: Landorus-Therian
gen 7: Landorus-Therian
>>
>>31823140
Clef was a bigger threat than Lando in ORAS, Lando just sees high usage due to being glue.
>>
>>31822990
Gen 5 is either T-tar, Lando-T, or Keldeo

Gen 7 is too early to call, but so far, either Tapu Lele or Lando
>>
>>31823094

I remember reading something about this. Apparently, there was some apsect of RBY's programmign that nobody had realized until years later, and Smogon had been playing an 'incorrect' version of the Gen 1 meta for years.

It was something like moves cannot inflict status conditions on pokemon of he same type. It was impossible for Tauros to paralyze other normal types with body slam, basically.

Someone confirm?
>>
>>31823221

Wait, found it.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/normal-types-cannot-be-paralyzed-by-body-slam.3525371/

Happened in 2014.
>>
>>31822990
gen 1: Tauros
gen 3: Tyranitar or Dugtrio
gen 4: Jirachi, Heatran, or Tyranitar
gen 5: Jirachi
gen 6: Clefable
gen 7: To early to tell
>>
>>31822990
>gen 1
Tauros
>gen 2
Snorlax
>gen 3
Tyranitar
>gen 4
Tyranitar
>gen 5
Tyranitar
>gen 6
Clefable
>gen 7
So far, Landorus-Therian
>>
>>31823114
I may agree on terrakion, but it seems skar was more influent in adv.
>>31823065
I want newfags to leave
>>
I've never even heard of Clefable being used in Gen 6 until now.
>>
>gen 5: landorus t
>gen 6: landorus t
>gen 7: landorus t
>>
>>31822990
Gen 7: Mr Lion Genie of Stealth Rocks and Healthy Meta
>>
>>31826382
What's worse, people suggesting Cleff to be the Queen (inb4 autism) of XYORAS when we got Megagross added to the fray.

Sure, it is bulky as fuck, can calm mind and nothing is immune to Moonblast, but you can't do that in front of Megagross.

One can argue that it can fill a role in every team, being a hazard setter, a subpar sweeper, a stall monster with SB and TW, but it's nothing more than that.
>>
>>31822990

nigga garchomp defined DPP

t.competitive oldfag
>>
>>31826465
Garchomp got banned to Ubers, same with Salamence.
>>
>Tauros
>Snorlax
>Skarmory
>Scizor or Garchomp if pre-ban is allowed
>Politoed, Ninetales, Tyranitar
>Talonflame
>Landorus-T insofar
>>
>>31826458
Leaving aside the fact that Mega Metagross was effectively neutered by Thunder Wave and disliked taking Flamethrowers, if you think Clefable wasn't the best Pokémon in gen 6 OU then name a better Pokémon instead of just saying it isn't the best because it's supposedly countered by Metagross.
>>
>>31826522
Talonflame could deal with both by existing.
>>
>>31822990
Tauros
Snorlax
Skarmory
Heatran
Keldeo
Clefable
Currently Mega Metagross
>>
>>31826465
Yeah in 2007 before it got banned. I said OU for a reason, otherwise I woulda put MegaKanga as it defined all gen 6
>>
>>31826535
Shut up talonflame. high school was years ago.
>>
>>31823140
Lando has never been a threat or meta defining retard
>>
>>31822990
Clef for gen 6, fucking stupid mon. It literally beat every thing in the game by clicking T wave.
>>
>>31822990

Gen 1
>Tauros

Gen 2
>Snorlax

Gen 3
>Tyranitar

Gen 4
>Tyranitar

Gen 5
>Keldeo

Gen 6
>Clefable

Gen 7
>Landorus atm
>>
File: pleb.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
pleb.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>mfw someone says that Ttar wasn't the ADV king near me
>mfw someone says that Chomp was the DPP king near me
>mfw someone says that Lando was even close to being king in BW or ORAS near me
>>
>>31823451
>>31823544
>>31830563

Only people on /vp/ who know what they are talking about.

>>31826543

This guy's list is decent too I guess but the rest of you need to stop pretending to know about stuff just because you read some /vp/ memes on the topic.
>>
You also need to remember that there's a difference between how gen 1 is played today and how it was played back when it was current. Pokemon Stadium was often used for local tournaments and the simulators usually used its rules. Tauros wasn't quite as devastating with the Hyper Beam fix. Persian saw a lot more play because it outsped Tauros and could KO the thing before getting KOed.
>>
>>31830622
>>31830727
kek you can spot them on muh chomp or muh genie lion
>>
Garchomp should be in gen 4.

>m-muh kangaskhan
Kangaskhan got banned almost immediately. Garchomp was around for quite a while before they even considered banning it.
>>
Why the fuck are so many people saying Skarm for Gen 3?

Tyranitar, Gengar, Celebi and Suicune are all easily ahead of it. Dugtrio and Aero probably are too.
>>
>>31830913

That's like saying Aegislash should be Gen6's king when it obviously shouldn't.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.